Veronica and Embla: Legendary/Mythic Bound Hero Battle

Xenomata

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FiuSefEUcAIlJ0v?format=png&name=orig

The original villain of Fire Emblem Heroes, and the goddess for which the original villainous kingdom borrows its name from, have teamed up in this Bound Hero Battle. Both are powerful and fast, and have different ways of oppressing you that can spell a swift doom.

Veronica's Enclosing Dark grants her additional effects if there are allies near her target. All it takes is two allies nearby to completely shut down your counterattacks entirely. Even without that though, she can still initiate her follow-up immediately to trigger her Enclosure special (with a cooldown of 1 after the Slaying effect on her weapon), boosting damage by 25% of her Atk and bypassing all non-special Damage Reduction. She is also immune to Guard effects. Between her weapon, Atk/Spd Catch 4, and Spd/Res Far Trace, Veronica is looking at an effective +18 Atk and Spd assuming her target has no nearby allies, making it far harder to outspeed her, while the new Panic Smoke 4 (which fun fact takes after the effect of her original Prf Tome back when she was still an enemy) utterly cripples her adversaries if she survives combat. On Abyssal, the Chill Spd/Res sacred seal debuffs the target with the highest Spd+Res total.

Embla's punishes her target if anyone dares be within 3 columns or rows of her. Enclosing Claw debuffs her enemy based on the number of foes, inflicts NFU and Guard if there's at least 2, and still grants her a base +5 to all stats and the Slaying effect. Her C passive, Severance, inflicts two new debuffs: [Undefended] stops Savior effects from triggering, and [Feud] blocks out any skills from the afflicted units allies. She will also neutralize any penalties and gain the [Dodge] buff at the same time.
Draconic Aura adds 30% of her Atk as special damage. Atk/Spd Clash 4 boosts said stats if her or the enemy has moved spaces before attacking, and neutralizes penalties on herself if the spaces moved was greater than 2. The new Beast Agility skill ensures that Embla will always transform (making the Movement +1 buff common to all Beast Fliers permanent) and ensures her follow-up if she is faster than her target. On Abyssal, the Swift Sparrow seal will make sure she is faster than her target.

Expect a tough battle: both are too powerful to withstand an assault from either one for too long, and the Emblians under their command are no slouch either.

[abyssal map here]

Edited by Xenomata

Took me quite a while to clear this. I had to resort to using the cheating unit! I couldn't even clear Infernal with the Lilith/Grima team, so I don't see how I can beat Abyssal with it.

There's no Maria, so it should just be "Whitewings", but I started calling this team by "Team Macedon" ever since I got Spring Maria, so I will just stick with it. I hated this map and the massive range everyone had.

Severance isn't going to stop me from using a Save team. Neither is the fact that most of the other enemies are also built specifically to wreck Save teams.

Two attacks to kill the axe fighter on the first turn and two uses of To Change Fate! allow Nina to land Deadeye on Embla at the start of the second turn.

Nina also has to hit Embla with her Duo skill in order to actually have enough damage to pull this off. Conveniently enough, Embla is the unit on the map with the highest Atk stat, so running Chill Atk on Chrom's Sacred Seal slot gives Nina the ability to target Embla with her Duo skill.

Nina and Embla actually have identical Spd stats after accounting for all of their in-combat modifiers. Spd creep on Abyssal bats is ridiculous.

Spoiler

WzFhIzf.png

Chrom lands a Deadeye on Veronica to kill her in a single hit on turn 3 after having Lucina use Future Vision on him to recharge Deadeye after using it to kill the red mamkute reinforcement on the previous turn.

Having Chrom use his Duo skill at the end of turn 2 gives Lucina and Robin some more stats for their Save marathon and lets Lucina clear out most of the melee units, namely the blue bat.

All of that damage on Robin is from Veronica. Without Chrom's Duo skill, Robin would have survived Veronica with only 1 HP left (starting from her full 53 HP) and recovered 5 HP from attacking the blue mage, starting the turn with 6 HP. Lucina would've started the turn with 9 HP with the red bat at full health after healing and the blue bat still at large.

Spoiler

lKjsHpG.png

The rest of the map is mostly uneventful. I just have to make sure to leave something with some damage at the end of each turn so that the staff knight heals instead of attacking with Flash, though that's trivial since Robin can't really kill anything on player phase.

Spoiler

APLo5O2.png

Edited by Ice Dragon

Who's Elm?

It's simultaneously refreshing and frustrating to have a hard LHB again (even if it's only frustrating because I had to spend several hours on it I would've preferred to put towards Pokémon Scarlet). I tried manipulating things to tank Embla or Veronica for a while before finally giving up on that strategy; F!Ninian and Merrybilis can take the Special, but not the follow-up which does a hefty chunk of damage on its own. Thankfully for me, Merrybilis having a Broadleaf Fan means she can give as good as she gets; she can oneshot Veronica with the raw Broadleaf effect (though Olivia took her out here), and Lethality lets her obliterate Embla.

Most of the map was spent frantically trying to kill everyone else while Embla zipped around the map unpredictably (she couldn't seem to decide whether she was going after F!Ninian or Larum), and the strat was nearly ruined at the last minute because of the Flash Troubadour and the rude-ass Blue Fáfnir with Lunge dropping someone in of Embla's range. It took me longer than it should've to realize that F!Ninian could just eat the Troubadour, which lead to the shocking reveal that Olivia could oneround the Fáfnir.

Also, fuck the Axe Knight in particular. So many early strats ruined because of his Assault Troop.

Edited by Some Jerk

Took me a few attempts to do it, but here's my video where I defeat Veronica and Embla with a Marth Team only... yes, they are all Marth, especially the Marth with long hair and blue bow.

@GuiltyLove Triangle Attack was a great feature here! I can see that it was already hard to deal with all those units, but without Triangle Attack would be way harder!

@Some Jerk Nice idea charging Mirabilis's Lethality for Embla. Also, the AI manipulation, making Embla alwaing around until the end was well done.

Can't believe I forgot to post my clear. Granted, I was worried I wasn't going to be able to beat it with just the Elises for a while.

With some Skill tinkering, what may or may not have been a needless fodder, and just taking a chance with some brave plays, we got it done.

Oh and they've all eaten their IV Mangoes since the last LHB/MHB. 

@GuiltyLove - Maybe it was the cheating unit mayhem, but that looked like a cake walk for the Whitewings. The movement shenanigans were defs a big boon to get the job done.

@Some Jerk - Sometimes you just need to stand your ground and pray the AI will prevent itself from killing you. That was pretty scary at some parts, but the dancers pulled through. Also, first time I've ever seen Godlike Reflexes in combat, looks pretty cool.

@Diovani Bressan - Very based of Marth to grow long hair and master the Blue Bow backflip quickly enough for this clear! We love him for that~

So, I just want to mention that I haaaaaate Embla.

Oh I don't mean severance. I'm talking about beast agility. Exactly 0 of my +0 units has faster speed than Embla, which means no one is doing full damage on her. And no one can tank her either, so I have to take her out before she can attack anyone.

That said, I did beat abyssal. Used a team of Guinevere, Brave Seliph, Halloween male Corrin (who is -atk) and Harmonic Azura. I used Azura to manipulate Embla's movement so she would stay the fuck away from the action until I was ready to fight against her. Brave Seliph got the mystic boost seal, which was key to defeating the map, and I had to slap death blow 3 seal on Guinevere because otherwise she can't get Embla to a low enough HP for Seliph to finish off. Male Corrin tanked everything that was not Embla and Veronica, who dies in 1 hit to Guinevere even on abyssal. Had to play a little aggressively near the end of the map though because of that green armor with assault troop.

By the way, fuck assault troop.

@Landmaster I am convinced that Elise can double anything if she can even double the Abyssal bats and Veronica. The Enclosure animation is haunting! Good thing I never got hit by that. Good to see the trusty Gronnblade. It's still good despite being a weapon from launch.

I really don't think I can beat this with my Lilith team. Too bad! I'll just wait for a new alt

@Some Jerk That was quite the scare on turn 4, but it turned out okay. This team is surprisingly tanky.

@Diovani Bressan Hmm yes, blue Marth helped out quite a lot. Interesting YMarth build.

@Landmaster Wow, Elise managed to double Veronica. That's quite something. Seemed like a rough time but made it through. Congrats on the Elise resp, by the way.

Haven't been around lately because I had to deal with moving and then starting a new job. Things have just started to settle down a bit more for me.

Since I haven't been making videos, I haven't shown off this stupid shit much, but this is what I've been using a lot lately.

Bleh! It was still a Lilith and Grima team, but the usual team couldn't do it. They needed a new friend to help out... Good thing Hapi has effective damage.

Nowi got Arcane Grima because she's one of the best girls. Yay! She finally has Dragon Wall now, but I switched back to the Lull skill in order to kill the mage.

@GuiltyLove This looks very annoying to play against, but at least Embla can't shut down the whitewings' brave hits! Hapi was a good help for the Lilith gang. Nice clears!

@Some Jerk Wow, it's amazing what these dancers are able to tank! Got worried seeing the numbers that bat was getting on Ninian, but everyone pulled through again and again. Godlike Reflexes Olivia and Lethality Mirabilis are so cool! Great work!

@Diovani Bressan Nice one turn! Female Marth coming in clutch as always, opening up the option of that nice Reposition play in the middle. Clever!

@Landmaster The Elise team is looking amazing with the IVs! Really impressive they could double some of these crazy fast units. Great work!

@SatsumaFSoysoy Remixed L!Eliwood is so stupid, but definitely a great way to deal with this map since it's not something Embla can shut down. Good showcase of some incredibly strong units, nice clear!

Definitely a kind of tricky map to one turn given the immense Spd and bulk on some of these units. I hate that useless blue mage a lot, so weak they can't put anyone in WoM range and so squishy they easily die in one hit and don't get a counterattack off at all... With some tweaking and help from the Fury dagger it worked out in the end, but I had to remove Summoner Support to get less HP. Pulse Smoke came in handy again though, these cheating pre charged specials can be annoying.

Also, when there's no enemy within starting range the Tana team has to push the dance button to have enough actions for a one turn, but I usually try to make sure I don't hit it too early if the stats gained from Resonance: Blades will matter. Here they definitely do matter though, but I think it's fair since Flame Tana had to drop her Prf lol

On 12/11/2022 at 3:44 AM, BoaFerox said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Remixed L!Eliwood is so stupid, but definitely a great way to deal with this map since it's not something Embla can shut down. Good showcase of some incredibly strong units, nice clear!

I hope to merge fire Lyn to +10 someday.

Oh right, there's a new Tana now. Her dance button is pretty useful for these.

This map was... a bit much, really. It's always more difficult when there are two enemies with busted personal weapons and skills.

That said, I eventually managed to get through it with the old reliables. That stupid Assault Troop Axe Knight, though... Ruined one of my promising runs, and eventually forced me to come up with a strategy to get out of the bottom area before he showed up.

Recording is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EzQtzi9ULk4AIE2SZuWFSNEZ2QIpyIDQ/view?usp=sharing

Don't know how long I'll leave it up, and there's no sound, sorry. Maybe one day I'll start uploading things to YouTube.

• 1 month later...