Feh Channel - December, 2022

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

A little miffed the new Mythic is Astra rather than Light. She'd have been pretty nice to make Embla's reign of terror less scary. She's not going to be doing much during Astra when it's extremely easy to sweep foes in one turn.

On the other hand, we've had 3 free Light Mythics so far and only one Astra, so from that perspective I'm glad they made her Astra.

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Ugh, Hans. After the GHB rerun is done that guy is going to become fodder or feathers

Remember to do his Heroic Ordeals first! It should be easier if he's your first Ordeal of the day.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Special Spiral 4 is pretty cool and gives you more options for breaking Brave Dimitri, Brave Edelgard, and Fallen Edelgard. It looks like it'll be pretty busted for Infantry Pulse teams. The +5 damage and ignoring percentage damage reduction also makes the skill actually competitive with other B skills so that it'll actually be worth using even on units that wouldn't normally run Special Spiral 3.

I really wanted to skip a NHB, but this makes it really tempting to get at least one. I wish we got someone with Finish 3 skills at least to make foddering easier... also, does Seidhr have any skills worth getting for fodder? I imagine having multiples of her would have some interesting effects in AR. She's a living, mini Safety Fence!

Edited by DefyingFates

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

also, does Seidhr have any skills worth getting for fodder?

Not really. Still Water is pretty niche and most of the units that want it already have it. I think Elimine is the only unit that would really like to have it and doesn't already, though you lose only 1 Res running Fortress Def/Res, so it's not entirely necessary if you already have that instead. Chill Atk/Res 4 is decent, but has strong competition from the other B skills you could otherwise be running.

20 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I imagine having multiples of her would have some interesting effects in AR. She's a living, mini Safety Fence!

My main issue is the fact that Anima has a generally lower power level than Dark, which leaves fewer targets actually worth hitting. Arval is the most troublesome unit by far, but its high Res makes it hard to actually land the effect on it, especially with how quickly the stat threshold decreases with each space between the units.

Add to that the ubiquity of dancers in Aether Raids, and I don't really see the effect being that impactful, even if you have two or three of them, unless you manage to hit a dancer.

5 hours ago, Xenomata said:

No Ascended Hero, so I guess we're done with them for Book 7.

We got a Mythic Hero in this banner which is why I think we're missing an Ascended Hero. Next month is all but guaranteed to be an Engage banner though, so I'm curious if we'll get an Ascended Hero there. Maybe Emblem Marth?

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Story looks interesting. Jormundgandr was always an interesting idea even if they don't call her that for some reason.

Gullveig is another character entirely. I was worried about IS turning another guy (a monster even) into a waifu, but fortunately that's not happening even if the snakes motif seems to be a Jormungandr reference (I can't find any references to Gullveig being associated with them).

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

especially with how quickly the stat threshold decreases with each space between the units.

Oh, I completely missed that, thanks!

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

and I don't really see the effect being that impactful, even if you have two or three of them, unless you manage to hit a dancer.

I was going to say that was a valid use case, but I forgot Mirabilis is a Res tank that boosts Res and would protect others on the team along with Arval. She still seems like she'd be useful in PvE stuff though!

I was thrilled that Fates was going to be featured in the opening banner to Book 7, but this is about the most disappointing Fates banner I could have imagined. No Ascended Hero, a Rearmed Hero who has no real appeal to me (I like Ophelia, but she’s such a minor character that I feel it should have been someone else,) of the new Fates characters, one is essentially another character who has been in Heroes since the beginning (I don’t remember Caeldori looking quite that much like Cordelia in Fates) and two of them I despise. If we’re going to get Dwyer, I would’ve loved to see Ascended Jakob on the same banner. That would’ve made for a hilarious Forging Bonds. Ascended Shigure also would have been amazing, and he’s probably the most important second-gen Fates character.

To add insult to injury, this is a second-gen banner, and the two remaining second-gen characters I really like (Sophie and Percy) weren’t added. Hans is objectively a more important character, but Percy would’ve been a perfect GHB character for this banner.

Expect me to be salty about this for a while. I saved up 500 orbs and waited a year and a half for this? At least getting Kiragi as a free 5-star unit is a decent consolation prize.

Hans saying ''who wants an axe to the neck'' is funny considering he's pretty clearly wielding a hammer. Though I guess it be in character for him to be too dumb to know the difference. 

Both Feh and his voicelines refering how he aims to climb ranks till he becomes king kinda highlights how Hans is just a discount Caelach. Same outline as an ambitious crook fighting so he'll become king but without the character design, personality and presence to really make it work.

Seiðr reminds me of Fjorm, Heiðr reminds me of Miku, Gullveig reminds me of Orochimaru, and that other lady with horns reminds me of Freyja.

Otherworld Bond is basically Forma Soul 2.0.

And a free random old 5* unit is still pretty neat if you have an Arena win streak.

Ophelia: Starlit Maiden seems very fun. Arcane Eclipse got Slaying, Quickened Pulse, guaranteed follow-up, and neutralize Atk penalties. Special Spiral 4 is going to be a pain in the ass for super tanks and Save tanks. Actually, it seems like the developers are really hating on enemy phase units right now.

Caeldori got Slaying and Null Follow-Up. I do not really understand what the hell is going on with the last effect regarding stats, but it is stats so I do not really care, unless it can get so high like Blade tomes where it makes a meaningful difference.

Seiðr got Slaying, follow-up denial, guaranteed follow-up, and true damage. Future Focused seems pretty fun to lock foes down.

10 hours ago, Humanoid said:

I originally thought the New Heroes was awful. No Ascended unit, and having barely used the child characters in Fates, I don't value them at all. Until, that is, I checked and noticed that Ophelia is red. I despise her character buuuuuuut, well, let's say Valentine's Titania is hungry. However I also notice that none of her skills other than her weapon are even eligible to be given to cavalry, nor to fliers. That's a big downer. 😞

Genuinely not sure what to do about that. I can't use Ophelia to pass on Catch or Trace so I'd have to get creative. Or rather, I'd probably end up asking Ice Dragon and XRay to get creative. 😛

In addition to Ice Dragon's recommendations, there is also Seal Res and Chill Def/Res on B. The former grants in combat debuff, while the latter splashs the penalty around.

10 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Looking at Seithr again (can't for the life of me find that delta symbol, so yeah)

If you are on Windows, I use Alt+0240 to get ð. On Android, I just hold [d] on the keyboard and a bunch of D looking letters pop up. Not sure about how the Apple side does things though.

Edited by XRay

Wow, Hans is a legitimately fantastic unit. Going to be a painful wait for the re-run / grand hero party, but he's going to +8 as soon as he's available, and is getting both a Florete and an IVcado. Atlas, Shez and Shamir go back in the box, and Ganglot's skills aren't necessary.

Aurgelmir

Grants Atk+3. If unit initiates combat or is not adjacent to an ally, grants Atk/Spd+6 to unit during combat, unit makes a guaranteed follow-up attack, and also reduces damage from foe's first attack by 40% and unit's next attack deals damage equal to total damage reduced (by any source, including other skills). Resets at end of combat.

46/45/39/35/21

Superboon on Atk and Spd, superbane on everything else

Dragon Fang
Atk/Spd Ideal
Rouse Spd/Atk

Source Source Source

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

I am also not a fan we got 4 colorless demotes in less than a month...

We straight up didn't get any Staff units at all from August (the character, not the month) to Nyna & Elice, so now IS is in overcorrecting mode.

And (after checking) I suppose Book VI was very light on regular pool bow units as well. It only gave us Neimi and Ascended Florina (both premium units). Rath was also our latest bow demote before Kiragi.

4 minutes ago, Rinco said:

So... if someone puts his Alfonse/Sharena/Anna as his lead and you get him in Binding Worlds, can you redeem a forma Alfonse/Sharena/Anna and merge yours into it?

According to the in-game notification: You cannot make Alfonse: Prince of Askr, Sharena: Princess of Askr, or Anna: Commander your allies as Forma.

Just now, Diovani Bressan said:

According to the in-game notification: You cannot make Alfonse: Prince of Askr, Sharena: Princess of Askr, or Anna: Commander your allies as Forma.

I don't see why they don't give us ways to merge ther Askr trio, specially now that Arena has this "Version Bonus Units" that practically makes everyone have +10 bonus units every week (and better than the Askr Trio at that)

I admit to tunnel-visioning as soon as I saw Special Spiral 4. Phina is injecting that shit straight into her veins immediately, but if I manage to pull a second ReOphelia I might consider doing a Sanaki build with that and the tome.

Edited by Some Jerk

Stats [SPOILERS]: 

Spoiler

m1bf2rg6t04a1.png

Seidr
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Def, Res

Rearmed Ophelia
Super Asset(s): Atk, Def
Super Flaw(s): HP

Caeldori
Super Asset(s): Atk
Super Flaw(s): HP, Spd, Def

Kiragi
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd, Res
*Drive Spd 2 is the 4* unlock because 4* Swift Sparrow 2 is never happening in the regular summoning pool.

Dwyer
Super Asset(s): Def, Res
*AR-D Atk/Res 3 is the 4* unlock.

Hans
Super Asset(s): Atk, Spd
Super Flaw(s): none
*Refer to Humanoid's post earlier this page for Hans's weapon and skills because I'm too lazy to post the same information.
**Though since his post didn't say it, Rouse Atk/Spd 3 is the 4* unlock. Also, lmao Hans murders Brigand Boss.

45 minutes ago, Teabox Gremlin VA said:

Anyone else mad that we have Rharjat and Caeldori, but not Asugi? And we got Kiragi instead? No?

I only speak for myself but no, not really. Gaius / Asugi is pretty clearly the least popular between him, Tharja / Rhajat and Cordelia / Caeldori so it's not a surprise that Asugi is the one that got hung out to dry.

And as far as Kiragi is concerned, he honestly should've been added much sooner (as in, on the same banner that had Forrest). Also, Kiragi placed 197th in CYL6 while Asugi got 429th. I know popularity isn't the complete end all to be all, but there just doesn't appear to be much demand for Asugi (or even Gaius) at this point.

1 hour ago, Some Jerk said:

Can't speak for Asugi, but I've seen some rage that we don't have Mozu yet.

Also, I just read all those names and only now realized they're all anagrams. God fucking damnit.

And I'm one of them. Justice for the small farmer girl, and candy theif!!!

11 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

We got a Mythic Hero in this banner which is why I think we're missing an Ascended Hero. Next month is all but guaranteed to be an Engage banner though, so I'm curious if we'll get an Ascended Hero there. Maybe Emblem Marth?

That's a fair point I suppose, especially considering how Ascended Heroes are still the only way to get the fruit thingies.
Aren't the Emblems just spiritual projections of the heroes they represent? Sort of like the Mirages in TMS#FE minus the part where they look cool?

2 hours ago, Teabox Gremlin VA said:

Anyone else mad that we have Rharjat and Caeldori, but not Asugi? And we got Kiragi instead? No?

As the resident Asugi critic I'm certainly not mad about it. But I also think it makes a certain sense to give Kiragi preference. After all he's a royal, Takumi's son and a fairly important second gen character. All in all I'd say the little psycho's done dirty in that it took this long to add him.

And adding Asugi really doesn't add anything that the game doesn't already have in Gaius so there's no rush. The same goes for Caldori and Rhajat but the characters they are cloned from where a phenomenon on their debut in a way Gaius never was. 

2 hours ago, Some Jerk said:

Also, I just read all those names and only now realized they're all anagrams. God fucking damnit.

Don't worry, their names have the same thing going on in Japanese too so it wasn't just a dub thing:

Guire -> Gurei
Tiamo -> Matoi
Sallya -> Syalla

Personally I was mostly looking forward to Scarlet and Reina. But Dwyer, Kiragi, and Hans have all been pretty high on Fates' radar for a while, and having Caeldori round them out for a kids banner makes sense.

Out of the remaining kids, Mitama seems to be the most popular by far, followed by Sophie, Percy, Asugi, Hisame, and Ignatius. So they could do two more dedicated kid banners with this structure, although I imagine it'll be a couple of years before the next one.