Soundtrack release— What does this mean for a DLC?

I know this was covered in an SF article that said the soundtrack basically kills our hopes for a DLC, but I noticed that it says “more than 120” tracks will be featured, but only 118 are listed. Could a DLC potentially put that over the 120 mark? 

If anyone here can read Japanese, could you confirm if this is a mistranslation on my end? Does this say “more than 120” or “around 120?” I don’t want to rely on online translators, because I know they can sometimes be inaccurate. 

DCB0BC4F-7334-46B4-9EF9-A655C96D2916.thumb.jpeg.0679ba0faa9bc861764ce230972a2c14.jpeg

Well, the soundtrack essentially puts one of the following limiters on any potential dlc, because any new dlc music would need to be included:

* The dlc has no new music. Aka - no content, features only. I suppose this would also be possible in the not-unlikely event that any content is non-story based. Like a History Mode.

* Any dlc music is already done and could be included without releasing the dlc yet.

* The dlc is announced and possibly released no later than the soundtrack is burned to cds prior to the late March release date.

* Or of course, there is no dlc.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

While I personally would still love DLC for Three Hopes, at this point it is looking more and more unlikely.

If one still holds out hope for DLC, maybe it may be announced some time after Engage's release so people buy Engage instead of Warriors DLC. Also, everyone seems to be on the Engage train anyways, so keeping attention focused on a mainline title is probably the way to go instead of having a spinoff receive some focus.
-- As for me, I'm more in the "wait and see" boat instead of the Engage hype train. I probably won't be picking it up on launch and instead wait a while to see how the story and gameplay hold up. It'll give me a chance to play other games anyways.

On 12/9/2022 at 11:33 AM, Use the Falchion said:

Feeling the same, which sucks...

Oh, I'm hella mad that the best Warriors game seemingly can't get dlc, while the next mainline game has an expansion pass before release.

I sure do hope that those Omegaforce employees are being put on something worthwhile in exchange. I'll be very frustrated if their next reveal is a poorly made mainline Warriors, or another spinoff of a mobile IP no one cares about.

18 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I sure do hope that those Omegaforce employees are being put on something worthwhile in exchange.

Maybe a Genealogy of the Holy War Remake Warriors game? That'd be nice... 

But yeah, hopefully at least on the next project it'll be a complete game and not feel like the developers said "and this feels like an ending!" 

5 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Maybe a Genealogy of the Holy War Remake Warriors game? That'd be nice... 

But yeah, hopefully at least on the next project it'll be a complete game and not feel like the developers said "and this feels like an ending!" 

I'd certainly buy that, but with Engage finally laying the groundwork for a full Fire Emblem Warriors 2, I want it, and I want it bad. That said, precedent is that each Warriors IP needs years for a sequel, and the only times they've done immediate followups (Dragon Quest) or release things prematurely in response to other things flopping (Warriors Orochi 4 after Dynasty Warriors 9) history shows that they don't sell.

I'm hoping it's either Gundam (or Super Robot Wars), as those fans have had to wait even longer than we did, or a new IP that people want, like Final Fantasy, Xenoblade, etc. (The dream for me is Trails, but I'm not under any illusions that it sells well enough to warrant the spinoff.)

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

but with Engage finally laying the groundwork for a full Fire Emblem Warriors 2, I want it, and I want it bad.

Same! But it's also because of Engage that I think we won't see a Warriors 2 for a bit longer than preferred. I think that if KT and IntSys are going to do a Warriors game with another mainline FE game, then FE4 is the best bet. (Very closely followed up by the Tellius duology.) And given all of the rumors of an FE 4 remake, I think the timing of:

January 2023: Engage

Late 2023 (if they're following the 2022 Pokemon route)/2024 (if they're not): Genealogy remake

2025: Genealogy Warriors

ALL OF THAT SAID, you could very well be 100% accurate and Engage could lead into Warriors 2, which would be interesting to see. 

3 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Xenoblade

Xenoblade/Xeno Warriors would be fun to see!

20 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Same! But it's also because of Engage that I think we won't see a Warriors 2 for a bit longer than preferred. I think that if KT and IntSys are going to do a Warriors game with another mainline FE game, then FE4 is the best bet. (Very closely followed up by the Tellius duology.) And given all of the rumors of an FE 4 remake, I think the timing of:

January 2023: Engage

Late 2023 (if they're following the 2022 Pokemon route)/2024 (if they're not): Genealogy remake

2025: Genealogy Warriors

ALL OF THAT SAID, you could very well be 100% accurate and Engage could lead into Warriors 2, which would be interesting to see. 

Xenoblade/Xeno Warriors would be fun to see!

IMO, the best chance for Warriors 2 (or any other Fire Emblem Warriors game) is simply a new console, where it won't be competing with the existing ones. And to be real, we're probably within a couple years of a new console.

On 12/14/2022 at 8:46 AM, Fabulously Olivier said:

(The dream for me is Trails, but I'm not under any illusions that it sells well enough to warrant the spinoff.)

I would kill for Trails of Warriors.

Realistically, though, I'd enjoy just an FE Warriors 2 that uses what it's learned from both the original game and Three Hopes to deliver a satisfying experience with tons of hours of content.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

I would kill for Trails of Warriors.

Realistically, though, I'd enjoy just an FE Warriors 2 that uses what it's learned from both the original game and Three Hopes to deliver a satisfying experience with tons of hours of content.

And there's even a potential alt history war in Trails of Cold Steel 4 that would be perfect for an Age of Calamity/Three Hopes style musou.

Spoiler

Imagine if the Radiant Wings plan didn't happen, resulting in Musse having to sacrifice her flagship and enact Operation Mille Mirage in full. We're talking a prolonged war involving over 2.5 million people and characters from the whole continent.

2 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

And there's even a potential alt history war in Trails of Cold Steel 4 that would be perfect for an Age of Calamity/Three Hopes style musou.

Reveal hidden contents

Imagine if the Radiant Wings plan didn't happen, resulting in Musse having to sacrifice her flagship and enact Operation Mille Mirage in full. We're talking a prolonged war involving over 2.5 million people and characters from the whole continent.

I admittedly prefer the more freeform "big crossover" style musous over the Age of Calamity/Three Hopes style alt history, but that would definitely be a good place to do one. That or as an alternate telling of Reverie, that way you have a pre-existing excuse to

Spoiler

include dead or otherwise-unavailable characters appearing as simulacra, and possibly even have maps set in artificial recreations of locations that don't exist anymore, like Phantasma or the Infernal Castle.

But this is probably getting a little off-topic. I wouldn't mind discussing it elsewhere.

1 minute ago, Anomalocaris said:

I admittedly prefer the more freeform "big crossover" style musous over the Age of Calamity/Three Hopes style alt history, but that would definitely be a good place to do one. That or as an alternate telling of Reverie, that way you have a pre-existing excuse to

Hide contents

include dead or otherwise-unavailable characters appearing as simulacra, and possibly even have maps set in artificial recreations of locations that don't exist anymore, like Phantasma or the Infernal Castle.

But this is probably getting a little off-topic. I wouldn't mind discussing it elsewhere.

I guess my mindset is "why not both." I don't really see why a canon/alt history musou can't have freeform modes with lots of content, and I also don't see why big crossover musous can't create their own alt history (imagine an FEW2 in which say, Celica and Edelgard went to war against one another). Just because they haven't done it doesn't mean they can't.

And it's really unfortunate that Three Hopes never got a History Mode, as that was the real missing ingredient to pushing it to the very top of what the formula is capable of.

1 minute ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I guess my mindset is "why not both." I don't really see why a canon/alt history musou can't have freeform modes with lots of content, and I also don't see why big crossover musous can't create their own alt history (imagine an FEW2 in which say, Celica and Edelgard went to war against one another). Just because they haven't done it doesn't mean they can't.

And it's really unfortunate that Three Hopes never got a History Mode, as that was the real missing ingredient to pushing it to the very top of what the formula is capable of.

Yeah, I guess that's fair enough. It's not the story itself that bothers me about alt-history musous (in fact they have better stories), it's the way the side missions insist on being canon-compliant too for some reason.

I just miss the Adventure/History Mode of the original Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors, I want to navigate a bunch of freeform missions with strange combinations of characters instead of whatever makes sense story-wise.

I would trade out Three Hopes' story-contained war map for separate story mode and side mode in a heartbeat.

5 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Yeah, I guess that's fair enough. It's not the story itself that bothers me about alt-history musous (in fact they have better stories), it's the way the side missions insist on being canon-compliant too for some reason.

I just miss the Adventure/History Mode of the original Hyrule Warriors and FE Warriors, I want to navigate a bunch of freeform missions with strange combinations of characters instead of whatever makes sense story-wise.

I would trade out Three Hopes' story-contained war map for separate story mode and side mode in a heartbeat.

I also agree with all of that. I remember being really disappointed that Persona 5 Strikers wasn't structured like a musou game at all. I really wanted a big, epic, totally non-serious full franchise Persona musou. What we got was good, but the appeal is different.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly both Houses and Hopes should get dlc (yes I still want a slightly extended crimson flower IS and yes I know this extreme levels of copium at this point).  Kind of sucks that both SB and CF end up feeling like dlc should be on its way for them.  Although tbf all three hopes routes feel like dlc or an addition to them would greatly enhance them.