DLC Emblem Predictions

Fire Emblem Fan

Engage is getting DLC! I wish they wouldn't advertise DLC before the game is even out, but whatever. Anyway. They've announced four waves of DLC, and three of those waves will give us additional Emblems. We already know that the Emblems for the first wave will be Tiki, along with Edelgard, Dimitri, and Claude in a single Emblem. But they haven't told us who's showing up in the second or third waves! So, what're your predictions? Who do you think the Emblems will be in the second and third waves of DLC? My bets are on the remaining protagonists: Alm, Seliph, Eliwood, Hector, Chrom, and Robin.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So in addition to the obvious lords, I think the archetype characters have a reasonable shot.

* Caeda

* Minerva

* Camus

* The Whitewings (together)

* A Jeigan. Possibly the man himself, but I'd rate the various ones pretty equally, tbh. They're all sort of iconic, aside from Gunter.

* Someone with daggers. Sothe is the most likely to me, and he also falls into the aforementioned Jeigan.

The safest bet is probably Elincia. If we're getting non-Lords too (Tiki) maybe Ninian as another dragon/ refresher (thanks to Mercakete for the idea)? As much as I'd love to see Lyon, he probably isn't making it in, especially after Eirika/ Ephraim both showed up (we're still left with four 3H reps though).

Otherwise I agree that the remaining Lords are good picks. I hope Hector shows up first. The Emblems wound up more diverse than expected, but there's still a large amount of swords going around.

34 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

The Whitewings (together)

This is another great idea! Imagine if their Engage Skill/ Attack let you attack three times in a row or something...

Also

* Someone with daggers. Sothe is the most likely to me, and he also falls into the aforementioned Jeigan.

cries in lack of Yuri

It would be nice to see a relatively unlikely candidate like Sothe though. And it'd be nice for Seliph to hang out with his dad and one of his friends as well.

Going back to Lyon though, since the final DLC pack is implied to focus on the bad guys (or at least some of them), maybe the last set of Bracelets will be villains? Wave 4 itself doesn't have any so that may have already torpedoed the idea, but still.

(Also, I hope the DLC is canon and not a what-if like Cindered Shadows.)

Edited by DefyingFates

Assuming two per game going forward (based on nothing other than feeling like it): 

Caeda & Tiki

Alm & ...someone

Seliph & Julia

No idea for Thracia - maybe Nanna and Ced?)

Lilina & Guinevere (although Fir would probably be a little more popular if FEH is anything to go by)

Eliwood & Hector

Ephraim & Innes (or L'Archel)

Soren & Elincia

Sothe & Kurthnaga

Chrom & Robin

Azura & Kaze OR Hoshidan Siblings & Nohr Siblings (Or Azura, Hoshidan Siblings, & Nohr Siblings)

House Leaders & either Shez or Seteth/Flayn...or maybe Seteth/Flayn/Rhea. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

34 minutes ago, Use the Falchion said:

Assuming two per game going forward (based on nothing other than feeling like it): 

Caeda & Tiki

Alm & ...someone

Seliph & Julia

No idea for Thracia - maybe Nanna and Ced?)

Lilina & Guinivere (although Fir would probably be a little more popular if FEH is anything to go by)

Eliwood & Hector

Ephraim & Innes (or L'Archel)

Soren & Elincia

Sothe & Kurthnaga

Chrom & Robin

Azura & Kaze OR Hoshidan Siblings & Nohr Siblings (Or Azura, Hoshidan Siblings, & Nohr Siblings)

House Leaders & either Shez or Seteth/Flayn...or maybe Seteth/Flayn/Rhea. 

The House Leaders and Tiki have already been shown off in the first wave & plus, they just shown off a Screenshot of Ephriam with Eirika. (I don't know if Ephriam gets the same treatment as the House Leaders as a combine spirit or what Ephriam's purpose with the rings from Eirika has since we first thought Ephriam was going to be DLC in the future?)

Edited by King Marth 64

I believe we'll probably get 4 or 5 more emblems with waves 2 and 3 of the DLC. Since wave 2 has emblems and accessories, I think we'll only get two there and since wave 3 is only advertising emblems, I hope we'll get 3. As for who...

They will definitely consist of plot important characters. The likes of Alm, Seliph, Eliwood, Hector, Robin and Chrom have a high chance of getting in imo.

I am hopeful that they wont give any games favouritism and that Marth's games and Three Houses wont have any more additions since the leaders and Tiki are here, but I do think the Whitewings in one emblem would be really cool, tho I don't want it to happen.

I think the one I want the most is Robin. I think having a normal Robin and a Grima form would be really cool, especially considering Robin and Alear seem very similar, both having amnesia and possibly both having evil sides.

3 hours ago, Azz said:

but I do think the Whitewings in one emblem would be really cool, tho I don't want it to happen.

Good point. While they're the most obvious example, maybe we could get another trio of Pegasus Knights? But again I think the only flying Lord is Elincia (and Tana if you really want to stretch). I agree that it'd be great to see Robin though! Three Houses had a ton of free updates, so I'm hoping M!Corrin and F!Byleth show up via those since they'd only need voice lines (3H added playable Jeritza and his Supports for free).

Speaking of 3H, all of its DLC Waves came with both a free and a paid portion and until the final one (Cindered Shadows) I'd argue that the free stuff was actually better! Hopefully we get something like that here, but that's swerving far off-topic.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Good point. While they're the most obvious example, maybe we could get another trio of Pegasus Knights? But again I think the only flying Lord is Elincia (and Tana if you really want to stretch). I agree that it'd be great to see Robin though! Three Houses had a ton of free updates, so I'm hoping M!Corrin and F!Byleth show up via those since they'd only need voice lines (3H added playable Jeritza and his Supports for free).

Speaking of 3H, all of its DLC Waves came with both a free and a paid portion and until the final one (Cindered Shadows) I'd argue that the free stuff was actually better! Hopefully we get something like that here, but that's swerving far off-topic.

Why not the Whitewings Emblem Bracelet have the Whitewings do their unique Triangle Attack and maybe the user hits the opponent that gets a strike of three times? I think the recent game that IS managed to add the Triangle Attack back in the series as a Combat Arts Skill in Echoes: Shadows of Valentia. I think the non-remakes haven't brought back the Triangle Attack.

5 hours ago, King Marth 64 said:

The House Leaders and Tiki have already been shown off in the first wave & plus, they just shown off a Screenshot of Ephriam with Eirika. (I don't know if Ephriam gets the same treatment as the House Leaders as a combine spirit or what Ephriam's purpose with the rings from Eirika has since we first thought Ephriam was going to be DLC in the future?)

I know. That's why I put them there. I just don't think (or don't want to think because that's less fun) that they'll be the only DLC reps from their games. 

If we really get only Lord/Avatar characters as DLC then we will get the female version of Robin AND they will count Elincia as a Lord, otherwise the DLC would be a sausage fest.

Assuming Wave 2 and 3 give us three rings each I can see something like this:

Wave 2: Ring of Elincia, Ring of Eliwood/Hector together and Ring of Chrom/Female Robin together.

Wave 3: Ring of Alm, Ring of Seliph/Julia together and Ring of Alfonse.

But they could give us less than three rings each or use non-lords/avatar characters.

In which case IDK who they could pick but Chrom and Alm feel like the safest bet while Seliph, Elincia, Eliwood and Alfonse feel like the most likely of the lords to get screwed over in favor of popular side characters. There's also no guarantee there will be equal representation in the DLC just because there was in the base game. There is a chance the only pre-Awakening character we will get is Tiki.

So, now that DLC rings are a thing, and we're getting them for the first 3 waves and not the 4th wave, I am hereby taking in lethal amounts of copium hoping for Soren.

Jokes aside, based off the fact that The House Leaders are all in one ring, and we're getting Tiki as the other ring, I think it might be safe to say 2 will be the average, but its possible waves 2 and 3 either give us 1 less or 1 more, so the range of rings I can see us getting is 4-7. Furthermore, based on the choices they picked for the rings, I think we'll only get characters that were important for their specific game(s). That said, this is my list of predictions for rings for each game I'm at the very least somewhat familiar with, with 2 choices per game. Remakes and sequels will be paired, with the exception of FE6 as I know nothing about FE6 beyond the fact it's Roy's game, for this same reason I'll be skipping FE5.

FE1/3/11/12: Tiki being confirmed, if we get any other character from these two games I suspect it to be Gotoh.
FE2/SoV: Alm's an easy pick for one of the two slots I'm limiting myself to, but for the other slot it's a rather difficult pick, but without going into antagonist territory (which I'm not opposed to) I feel the most likely candidates are Clive and Lukas, though I wouldn't be opposed to anyone making it in.
FE4: Seliph and Arvis
FE7: Hector and Elliwood. There's not really any other viable picks for this one
FE8: Lyon a rather easy pick, though this is one of the entries I'm not that familiar with in regards to a character's impact on the individual game, so I'd just throw my second guess randomly towards....Myrrh?
FE9/10: Biases aside, I do think Soren is a rather safe bet, given Soren's plot important enough that he retreats upon being defeated instead of dying. For the other slot I'm undecided but feel it'd go to either the Black Knight, Sanaki, or Elincia
FE13: Chrom and Robin and Kellam
FE14: I think this will be a pair of combo rings; one for the Nohrian siblings and the other for Hoshidan siblings
FE16: I don't think we'll get any more 3H characters. Between the house leaders and Byleth, every base is already covered

I only expect the DLC to add four or five more Emblems. I'm assuming there aren't any more package deal Emblems; Eirika and Ephraim have it as their gimmick and they didn't want to include only one of the house leaders over the others.

I think the following three are the most likely:

• Chrom (or Robin): Awakening made FE big and both are popular, Chrom somewhat more so; which of them gets in depends on if popularity or "uniqueness" is prioritized more.
  • Azura: Fates is popular, Azura is popular, she's the second most important character in the game and it would avoid picking one of the Hoshidan or Nohrian royals over the others. It's possible we could get Camilla instead, if they care about elevating her over the other royals.
  • Hector: Blazing Blade has "first localized game" going for it, and Hector is more popular than Eliwood and overlaps less with Roy.

I'll round out the predictions with Alm and Elincia, giving the former priority if there are only four Emblems. Seliph gets an honorable mention, but being from an unlocalized game hurts him and he could overlap too much with Sigurd. Though if I had to pick, I would prefer Julia as a second Genealogy character.

We can assume that, if they keep the pattern and are honest that Wave 4 will have no additional Emblems, there's 6 additional Emblems total, 2 for each of the first 3 waves.

The House Leaders are probably the most "unoriginal" of the selection thanks to carrying over a few of Byleth's Equipment and even then they have the swapping gimmick attached to them, so it is safe to say that the DLC Emblems would have to provide some form of unique mechanic or system to them, such as Tiki letting those Engaged with her transform into a dragon. This would ELIMINATE more redundant Emblems, like Seliph, Eliwood, or Chrom. What would they provide that the others don't (Seliph is basically Sigurd+, Eliwood would at most deliver Durandal but its likely Lyn could bring that, and Chrom is outclassed by Lucina in the whole "BONDS GIVE ME STRENGTH" gimmick)?
We can also probably scratch out Male Corrin and Female Byleth as DLC, though probably not as skins. It just doesn't seem reasonable to make an entire another set just for what amount as a costume for those characters.
It is probably likely we have another duo/trio Bracelet, but probably not too much more. Not only this is a lot of work for diminishing returns, whatever Engage costume they would have to be something that represents both characters, and there's very few that would actually fit together like the House Leaders or Eirika + Ephraim.
We can also just eliminate TMS and the Warriors titles, just for fun~. May be a celebration of FE, but TMS would rely on a level of recursion that would not make any sense, no one cares for Lianna and Rowan, and we can scratch any more Three Houses characters, so RIP-in-pepperoni Shez.
And we can also scratch any more Shadow Dragon characters too. Mystery of the Emblem too, since it looks like they really did combine both games for Marth representation.

Going through this level of conjecture, as well as believing they will go in game order from here on out, I believe...:
+Alm is a pretty easy pick. He already has an easy bake full kit like Celica does. He can bring in Lightning Blade, Luna Arc, Astra Blade, and maybe Sol Lance if they want to make him another weapon lord/don't care for his canon weapon selection. Double Lion can be an Engage Skill (sacrifice HP for Brave Attacks) and Scendscale can be his Engage Technique, long range sword attacks. Pretty simple, even if he would be pretty boring and slightly goes against the "original systems" ideas.
+While I know people want Eliwood and Hector together, the combo just...doesn't work? They have wildly different skillsets, playstyles, and designs, you can't really merge them into one bracelet. So instead, I think they will just take Hector. Maybe in his FE6 form for variety/callback's sake, and give some unique interactions with Lyn. It lets them have an armored-focused Emblem without having to do the weird nonsense they are doing with Ike, Armads can summon lightning, and he can bring over Maltet too as a reference to his Heroes appearance. Wolf Berg gives some bonuses.
+Elincia is a bit odd, but a reasonable guess. She and Sanaki are the only two important mainstays of the Tellius duology (sorry Soren...), and we already have a fire mage with Celica, sooo.... Amiti would be an interesting Engage Weapon, Mercy would be somewhat handy to have as a skill, she can bring staves as well to make anyone a support-bot. Her map would even be a shoe-in, Elincia's Gambit. I would have Sothe here to have proper Dagger support, but Peshkatz is already a normal knife in the game and he doesn't bring much beyond "is a theif" and "love Micaiah".
+Alfonse + Veronica. Despite how much this game takes from Heroes, it is odd we have yet to see the main characters of it in the base game. While I know they want to avoid recursion and cross-pollination, Feh is likely to make yet another appearance to drop Owl Feathers as gifts, so it isn't like they are afraid of referencing the characters. I give them the spot because they are very much, as Dragalia Lost puts it, "two sides of the same coin" and would give a unique twist on the Sword + Tome combo that Celica missed out on providing. Only major roadblock I would see, aside from the innate unpopularity of the idea, is the JP seiyuu for Alfonse's cheating scandal, but...

For honorable mentions:
I skipped FE4 and 5 because there's not much more you could grab that would be very notable and unique, but I do think they would actually provide either a Lewyn or Shannan Ring. Julia just has too much over much overlap with Micaiah, being a light mage + staff combo ring, they wouldn't really use the villains, and those are the only two other notable/important characters in Genealogy's plot.
If they would have another Thracia character, it would probably be Reinhardt....
Azura makes a lot of sense to add in, having another Dancer Emblem would lead to some silly strats, they could always have more lances, and it would be nice to have a consistent way of dropping Puddle tiles beyond Corrin.
+I'm going to pull a wildcard and guess Nailah would be in the same wave as Elincia. Since we already have dragonstones with Tiki, it would be easy to have a beast unit, and Nailah is one of the most notable of Radiant Dawn's original characters. It would let them reuse the Wolf Knight and Demonic Beast Wolf animations, make them come up with an interesting weapon selection to combine Laguz Strikes with Brawling, Glare is a strong ability to throw into this game (petrification/lockdown), and who wouldn't want to have her eyepatch as an Engage accessory?
+Male Robin would be easy...which I why I think they WOULDN'T do it. While it is important to have a mage to support Mystical units, Male Robin would be too...simple a choice? So I think they would do another wildcard and use Tharja. Aside from the fact we don't have a Dark Mage (we haven't seen playable Dark Magic yet too..), there's gotta be at least one fanservice character and...it is Tharja. She may have lost a lot of her popularity over the years, but she still gets a lot of focus. Plus anything Robin could add beyond Ignis, Tharja can probably also bring over and then some... Though if we are going by fanservice popularity, it would be Camilla. Only reason I'm not picking her (outside of my own biases for her) is that she would put a little too much focus on the Nohrian side and would have to come with a Hoshidan to equal things out. And I think the actual Duo Emblem sport would go to Alf + Vero.

EDIT: Whoops, I actually miscounted, I forgot to factor in the first wave..!
Dropped the wildcards to Honorable Mentions...

Edited by KoriCongo

Tharja could be fun(though I imagine a lot of places would have a... very strong reaction to her being revealed lol) but I will that if Smash Bros and Heroes(where M!Morgan wields Grima's Truth as a tactician) are anything to go by, they could just slap some dark mage stuff on Robin and call it a day.  Alternatively, they could use Pelleas from RD as the Dark Magician, (though I doubt that with the whole NG+ Thing...)

A joke idea I thought of was having Merlinus be a bracelet, where he offers an absolutely massive convoy and a big buff to BLD, but little actual combat utility. I doubt they really have space for jokes in a DLC that half the price of the game though.

I think this is how it'll go:

-The remaining lords are locked in until suggested otherwise. Alm, Seliph, Eliwood, Hector, and Chrom. 

-Robin, Elincia, Alfonse, Lilina, and Julia are also on the table. Either combined with someone else (Julia + Seliph and Robin + Chrom) or as a surprise way to fill in space.

There's some interesting tidbits too. The gacha side emblems will be key to telling us about future DLC plans. I imagine the list of deconfirmed will rise. As of currently going off Marth's set of stat boosting rings:

-Caeda, Kris, Navarre, Linde, Merric, and Legion are all out of the running for now. 

Edited by Seazas

7 hours ago, KoriCongo said:

We can assume that, if they keep the pattern and are honest that Wave 4 will have no additional Emblems, there's 6 additional Emblems total, 2 for each of the first 3 waves.

You've put a ton of thought into this, I really respect that, thanks!

8 hours ago, Vexal said:

FE8: Lyon a rather easy pick, though this is one of the entries I'm not that familiar with in regards to a character's impact on the individual game, so I'd just throw my second guess randomly towards....Myrrh?

Lyon would be the obvious choice, but Myrrh has lore significance AND would be another dragon/ adorable girl character if IS wants to double down on the Y!Tiki pandering.

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

Azura: Fates is popular, Azura is popular, she's the second most important character in the game and it would avoid picking one of the Hoshidan or Nohrian royals over the others.

And since we got Tiki, Azura is a great choice for another Lord-adjacent character, who could even add a second dancer via her skills (or give the current dancer the equivalent of Gray Waves even).

1 hour ago, Seazas said:

There's some interesting tidbits too. The gacha side emblems will be key to telling us about future DLC plans. I imagine the list of deconfirmed will rise. As of currently going off Marth's set of stat boosting rings:

-Caeda, Kris, Navarre, Linde, Merric, and Legion are all out of the running for now.

That's a good theory, but I can't see IS leaving the 3H Lords out of their mini gacha system, so I suspect we'll see some overlap anyway. It'd also spoil their DLC plans if those characters were excluded from the gacha. I know I'd personally feel heartbroken to see someone I wanted as DLC as a gacha option and also get a heart attack out of sheer curiosity if some I wanted DIDN'T show up in the gacha.

At the moment, the Bracelets I'm predicting are, in order of confidence:

• Azura -  I think she's guaranteed: she adds a unique function AND has relative recency bias
  • Elincia - popular female Lord who didn't get nearly the focus she deserved in FE10, but this may be a reason why she's NOT included
  • Chrom - again, he's popular. He'd likely have a ton of overlap with Lucina though, so maybe he could have two bows/ 1 sword or "To Change Fate" (the FE8 twins have their Legendary B Skills in Engage too). Given how much the story likes saying he and Robin are partners, they could be a paired ring. Toggling between Robins may be weird though (unless we get three Emblems in a single bracelet again)
  • Hector or Eliwood. Hector brings more variety but Eliwood is arguably more "iconic". They could share a Bracelet but that could end up devaluing them compared to Lyn who gets to be separate. Armads, Durandal and either Maltet (since both can use lances) or Wolf Berg would be a really cool weapon set though!
  • Alfonse + Veronica: this is pure thinking out loud, but Heroes and Engage have similar premises and they'd be cool to see even if they're bound to be unpopular.
  • Lyon - this is just pure hoping for wish fulfilment. I imagine getting both FE8 twins fills the FE8 quota even though FE16 has four reps because recency bias vs being the franchise's black sheep. I would accept Myrrh as a consolation prize if she got to talk to Ephraim and (especially, since they don't have supports in FE8) Eirika.

My guess is that one of the remaining two waves will have mostly Fates characters and the other will have mostly Awakening characters. Awakening, Fates, and Three Houses are the most popular and successful games in the series, and IS will want to put popular characters into the DLC since that will sell more copies. As much as I'd personally be interested in some older characters, I don't think that we're going to get them. Outside of Awakening and Fates, I think that the two games with the best chance of being represented are Shadows of Valencia (due to recency) and Shadow Dragon (since IS falls back on it a whole lot).

I also think that the gender balance across the DLC will be kept fairly even, and I think that if Fates characters are used, there'll be a balance between Nohr and Hoshido. So my best guess:

• Wave 2: Azura, Camilla, Takumi.
  • Wave 3: Chrom, Robin (F), Alm.

36 minutes ago, lenticular said:

My guess is that one of the remaining two waves will have mostly Fates characters and the other will have mostly Awakening characters. Awakening, Fates, and Three Houses are the most popular and successful games in the series, and IS will want to put popular characters into the DLC since that will sell more copies. As much as I'd personally be interested in some older characters, I don't think that we're going to get them. Outside of Awakening and Fates, I think that the two games with the best chance of being represented are Shadows of Valencia (due to recency) and Shadow Dragon (since IS falls back on it a whole lot).

I also think that the gender balance across the DLC will be kept fairly even, and I think that if Fates characters are used, there'll be a balance between Nohr and Hoshido. So my best guess:

• Wave 2: Azura, Camilla, Takumi.
  • Wave 3: Chrom, Robin (F), Alm.

That's a very logical prediction and all the more painful for it. Well played.

In all seriousness, I think at least half of these are guaranteed: my money's on Azura, Alm and either Chrom or Robin (unless we get them both as another duo as I suggested earlier).

I do forget about Azura often lol. If any Fates unit were to get in, I would hope it would be her. Would make for some very interesting mechanics.

I do agree with KoriCongo that a lot of MCs are kinda redundant based on who is already in the game. Seliph, Eliwood and Chrom really don't have a place tbh since their respective family members do their jobs but better. I also just can't see them pulling from any of the Jugdral games unless they want to give us Julia possibly but I don't see anyone from Jugdral getting in. Same for Magvel unless they add villain rings in which Lyon would be pretty up there (but I also think unlikely...)

I personally think we'll get 5 more Emblems, 2 with wave 2 since that wave has mentioned other additions, and 3 with wave 3 since that wave is solely advertising Emblems.

As I've already mentioned before, I think Robin is a shoe in. They are the only avatar not present, sans Kris (who we now know is in the game as one of those other rings). And since Robin actually has no OA, I don't see them as being one of those rings and I also just think they are a shoe in. 

Azura I think is another one. She has a unique playstyle, what else is there to say.

Alm is also a pretty big possibility and out of all the unincluded main lords, I think he is the most likely. He has a lot of potential for a kit compared to others.

Elincia would be really cool. We don't have a flier Emblem and I'd consider her a big player in Tellius.

As for a final one, I guess Hector. Would kinda make me sad since Eliwood would be excluded and Blazing Blade is quite literally his story for the most part but I can't see them being a duo Emblem with Hector since they don't really match. Also Hector would just bring more unique things to the table by himself, being really the only axe focused Emblem if he was added, excluding Ike.

As a side note, as other have mentioned, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Alphonse or Veronica (or both) added as a tie in to Heroes which very obviously had a big influence on Engage. 

5 minutes ago, Azz said:

Same for Magvel unless they add villain rings in which Lyon would be pretty up there (but I also think unlikely...)

:3 Thank you.

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

Also Hector would just bring more unique things to the table by himself, being really the only axe focused Emblem if he was added, excluding Ike.

He'd also be the only Armored Lord so they could do some interesting stuff with that, like having his Sync or Engage Skills boost the wielder's defenses. By the same token Elincia could add some flight-related perks like ignoring negative terrain or enabling a one-unit Triangle Attack as an Engage Attack. After all, Sigurd's Skills all seem to revolve around him being the only Emblem who brought a horse (at least for now: Eirika's armor seems to be based on her promotion, but that could just be a stylistic choice).

That said, it'd be really weird if the only FE7 Lord skipped was the main one.

8 minutes ago, Azz said:

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Alphonse or Veronica (or both) added as a tie in to Heroes

Poor Sharena, but at the same time... yeah, these two being paired makes a lot of sense to me too. Maybe they could even use Legendary Veronica?

10 minutes ago, Azz said:

and 3 with wave 3 since that wave is solely advertising Emblems.

This has been bouncing around in the back of my head for a little while now (since the last time I checked this thread perhaps), but it'd be a welcome surprise if we actually got four Bracelets in Wave 3 or - if Wave 2 is a really big update - maybe even more!

In all seriousness though, I also think we're only getting four or five more Bracelets.

Don't have much to add with Emblem candidate myself that hasn't already been mentioned, but I do feel like devoting Wave 3 only to Emblems is hopefully implying that wave is larger (and not just by a token extra 1). Then again, recalling the generally anaemic earlier waves of 3H's Expansion Pass does make me a bit concerned over this...

On the note of Bond Rings as deconfirmation, IIRC Tiki appears on the Bond Ring list for Marth, yet she's doing a Min Min / Pyra and Mythra becoming a Bond Bracelet. I wouldn't be surprised if the House Leaders were Bond Rings in Byleth's set for similar reasons.

Edited by tipperthescales

34 minutes ago, tipperthescales said:

On the note of Bond Rings as deconfirmation, IIRC Tiki appears on the Bong Ring list for Marth, yet she's doing a Min Min / Pyra and Mythra becoming a Bond Bracelet. I wouldn't be surprised if the House Leaders were Bond Rings in Byleth's set for similar reasons.

Seconded, along with the fear of Engage's expansions following the trend of 3H's. I said this earlier too, but if DLC Emblems won't be in the mini-gacha, it'd become far too easy to predict who they'll be, especially by collaborating with others on the internet. Granted, Nintendo still isn't very good with the internet so there's a chance that wouldn't have occured to them either way.

I'm also of the opinion we're not going to get too many more Emblem Bracelets, probably no more than 5 or 6. I also think they'll try to keep the gender equal representation. So I think Elincia and Azura are sure bets. Elincia can give flying mobility as a Sync Skill, maybe Renewal/Imbue as an Engage Skill, Amiti and maybe the Ashera Staff for weapons, and Stun for the Engage Attack. Azura is a refresher and a lance user so I can see her coming with the Blessed Lance which could provide Monster effectiveness like Celica's Seraphim, but for physical units whose magic stats aren't so great, and maybe the Dual Katana, Inspiring Song for an Engage Skill, maybe she could also use Dragon Vein.
I also think Alm is a pretty safe bet. For weapons I think he'd come with Luna, Royal Sword, and Falchion, Double Lion as an Engage Skill and Scendscale as an Engage Attack.

AS for the rest, some combination of Seliph and Julia (I think they'd probably share a bracelet), Eliwood, Hector, Chrom, and Female Robin. Robin would probably work as an all offense mage where Celica and Micaiah are also healers.

4 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Elincia can give flying mobility as a Sync Skill, maybe Renewal/Imbue as an Engage Skill, Amiti and maybe the Ashera Staff for weapons, and Stun for the Engage Attack. Azura is a refresher and a lance user so I can see her coming with the Blessed Lance which could provide Monster effectiveness like Celica's Seraphim, but for physical units whose magic stats aren't so great, and maybe the Dual Katana, Inspiring Song for an Engage Skill, maybe she could also use Dragon Vein.
I also think Alm is a pretty safe bet. For weapons I think he'd come with Luna, Royal Sword, and Falchion, Double Lion as an Engage Skill and Scendscale as an Engage Attack.

To be perfectly honest I hadn't even thought of what weapons or skills anyone would have outside of the flying/armor mobility ones, and these make a ton of sense! I wouldn't be surprised if we got exactly these loadouts if these three turn out to be our DLC options! Alm would have Engage's third Falchion though (not counting a possible Chrom), so that may be worth considering xD

In particular, while I'd rather someone else get in over Alm, it would be funny to see how much more overpowered Engage could make Double Lion and Scendscale~