DLC Emblem Predictions

Fire Emblem Fan

I took some time to think about Chrom and Robin. To be honest, Chrom doesn't seem to add anything new that Lucina doesn't. He's the same class as her (Great Lord), doesn't really stand out, etc. But Robin does. He/She can bring Tome and Sword, especially a proficiencie in Tome that seems to lack a bit in the roster of the 12 Emblems. Plus, he's a Tactician, and IS can make something out of this. Like Rally command, buffs for adjacent or anything.

Soooo, I saw you made some kits predictions, and I find it funny. I will do it a bit too (I might get inspired by your lists).

My sure bet, Alm. Would be an attacking Emblem I guess. Like a frontliner or something like that, especially powerful against mages (like the dread fighter introduced in his games).

Spoiler

"Emblem of Gaiden". A true hero, of noble blood, who fought to save his land, etc. Could give Sword and  Bow Proficiencies along the way.

Weapons

-Royal Sword - Can restore HP by wielding it?

-Luna (Bow) - Bow, with Luna effect?

-Falchion - Effective against Dragon, etc.

Skills:

-Aggressor - When unit initiates combat, increase it's attack.

-Apotrope - May halve magical damage received.

-Dread Fighter - When fighting mystical enemy during enemy phase, the unit may attack first. May also do its double attacks (if speed is enough) during the player turn?

-Engage Skill : Double Lion - At the cost of some HP, may attack two enemies the same turn (maybe with movement involved? Like two units in his movement radius? Or in a range of 2-3 tiles?) at 50-75% normal damages. Like Celica. | OR | At the cost of some HP per fight, may do brave attacks everytime. Like in Echoes

-Engage Attack : Scendscale - A powerful attack, against one enemy. At the end, unit would take some damage. Made with Falchion or Royal Sword.

One I really want to see, Lyon. He's from a game maybe underestimated, and he can bring a bit of nuance to the Emblems. (By the way, I'm voting for him on the "choose your legend", to give him a good score and make IS think he's essential to this game, ahah). I may have overdone him a bit, but I got carried away, ahah!

Spoiler

"Emblem of Dark". A once young man, who fell under the influence of a demon, and manage to free himself from the demon at the end of his life, by the help of his friends. Would be the only bearer of Dark Magic!

Weapons

-Luna (Tome) - Simply Luna effect?

-Fenrir - Gives the player triangle advantage against magic users

-Naglfar - Gives the player triangle advantage against all grey weapons

Skills:

-Shadow - The enemy is less susceptible to attack this unit. 

-"Nosferatu" - Every attack may heal the user 10-20% of the damages dealt.

-Summon - Would summon a phantom who follows the units and Chain attack with it. Would have 1 HP only, and can be killed by enemy. May Chain Guard it also, automatically at the end of each player phase.

-Engage Skill : Dark Stone - (One Use per Chapter?) Can resurrect a fallen unit (player or enemy) who will fight for the player. The resurrected will only stay for the chapter, and may have a bit of a malus on its stats.

-Engage Attack : Fomortiis - Summons the arm of the Demon King, from another dimension, to do massive Dark Magic damages (with, of course, triangle advantage against Grey Weapons).

The Queen, that can represent the fliers, since no Emblem fly, Elincia. She would be the Fliers friend, with some kind of bonus?  Especially the fliers who could use staves to heal.

Spoiler

"Emblem of Mercy". A merciful queen who bear the suffering of her kingdom but was always compassionate?.

Weapons

-Sword? -

-Staff? -

-Amiti - Brave attacks + buff to resistance?

Skills:

-Mercy - If the enemy can be killed during the fight, may leave him at 1 HP.

-Queen's Way - Negates all terrain's movement penalty. (For flier's unit, may enhance their base movement by 3)

-Renewal - Units heals some HP at the start of even-numbered turn?

-Engage Skill : Coronation/Queen's Guards - Increase adjacent allies level by 2, granting them 2 level worth of stats. 

-Engage Attack : Stun - Inflicts (2 times?) damages to a enemy, and stuns it for 1 turn.

Maybe Sothe. Since there's no one in the game with an assassin's trait, he may be the one to bring back this FE classic. Not my favorite candidate for Assassin, but the only "lordish" enough I guess. (I prefer Volke, or even Kronya, ahah). I'm not really inspired by him, but I think it's important to have a way to assassinate enemy, its a classic! But...man, Sothe doesn't inspire me at all...

Spoiler

"Emblem of Shadow"?

Weapons

-Kard -

-?? -

-?? -

Skills:

-??? 

-??? -

-Bane/Lethality - Instantly reduces enemy's HP to 1 (or 0 if Lethality), depending a luck%? skill/2%?

-Engage Skill : ??? -

-Engage Attack : ??? -

One of my fav, Hector! I would really like to see him. He could give Armor a bonus, and be the sturdy guy, differently from Ike. I took some inspiration from what you said Fabulously Olivier.

Spoiler

"Emblem of Boldness". A young noble who became marquess of his land after his brother's death. Tough and bold, but really kind and friendly with people he loves. Could give Proficiencies in Axe, Sword (like FE7) and Lance (like FE6)

Weapons

-Wolf Beil - Effective against armor/cavalry

-Swordreaver - Reverse weapon triangle | OR | Maltet - Effective against Wyvern (and maybe all flying units?). Like in Heroes and reference to him in FE6 with Lances.

-Armads - Effective against dragons, buffs users Def and Res.

Skills:

-Sturdy - Immune to smash, the user can't be moved by enemy's attack with heavy weapon.

-Great Shield - Depending on the enemy level%, negates all damages normally received by the user (like the FE8 skill)

-Tank Lord- If unit initiates the fight, add half the defense stat to attack.

-Engage Skill : Bold Fighter- If user is at 75-100% HP, guarantee a follow-up attack (maybe at the risk of the enemy doing the same?). Like in Heroes. | OR | If user initiate fight, grants a bonus % on attack depending of how many enemies are around (like 1-2 tiles away). Something like 10-20% more damages by enemies. The more enemy, the more risky it is. But the more reward on damages.

-Engage Attack : Rough Lord - Maybe a big attack, with two of his weapons. Armads and Maltet, breaking if the triangle advantage occurs.

His counterpart Eliwood, as I can't see Hector coming without his friend. Maybe a balanced Emblem. I tend to see him very compassionate and thinking it in this way.

Spoiler

"Emblem of Idealism". A young noble who became the marquess of his land after his father's death. Value a lot his friends and is really optimistic. 

Weapons

-Rapier - Effective against Armor and Cavalry

-Lance? -

-Durandal - Effective against Dragon. If user has a Dragon type enemy (or wyvern maybe), grants 1-2 bonus move to reach that specific enemy. (Because of Durandal "moving on its own" to kill dragon Ninian)

Skills:

-??? 

-Compassion - ???

-No More Grieving - When an ally, 3-4 tiles away, might suffer a fatal blow, the unit automatically Chain Guard it (considering the unit has 25% of HP or more).

-Engage Skill : Friendship - When an ally loose X% of its HP (maybe something like 25-50%), 2-3 tiles away, grants 2-3 bonus move.

-Engage Attack : Passing By - User goes a straight line of 4-5 tiles maybe, and does damages to every enemy on the side of its way. Like every enemy adjacent to the right of his path suffer damages. Made with Durandal.

The "co-lord" of Fates, as I think it's a good bet, Azura. It's tricky to imagine her, because the sing mechanism is already present in the dancer class + Byleth also has it as one of his skill. More a support/dancer unit, who can debuffs enemy.

Spoiler

"Emblem of Revelation". A foreign princess who used to sing to save her friends, even if it means her own doom. 

Weapons

-Reverse Naginata - On the same model as Corrin, her first weapon could be to reverse the triangle

-Staff? 

-Urdr - This axe could become more powerful if the unit use Sing the turn before? Like in Heroes.

Skills:

-Sing - Give the ability to sing to any unit, giving another movement to ally.

-Healing Descant - Every ally around the unit gain 10% of HP at the start of the turn.

-Voice of Peace - Enemy in a 2-3 tiles radius deals less damages.

-Engage Skill : Inspiring Song - When singing, the unit also gives buffs to ally.

-Engage Attack : Lost In Thoughts All Alone - Maybe this time, you can sing, at the cost of some HP, to weaken severely an enemy, like a big debuff? Or prohibiting the use of his (evil) Emblem if applicable?

Finally, I will say the last "player avatar", Robin. I think the male version is a bit more popular than the female one (according to choose your legend polls), but I don't think it's quite a change in its possible gameplay. A unit that can attack a bit, but mainly support other units. Maybe providing way for other units to land powerful blows?

Spoiler

"Emblem of Tactics"? A young tactician, from another world, where his prowess lead to saving everyone from an evil dragon, whom he was supposed to be the vessel. Could provide proficiencies in Sword and Magic.

Weapons

-Thunder - Robin's own Thunder. A different, more powerful version of the game's Thunder.

-Levin Sword 

-Sword? -

Skills:

-Rally Spectrum - A powerful rally that enhances all stats for one turn

-Veteran - The user gain 25-50% more experience

-Pair up - When someone does a chain guard (not sure if the unit or an ally), allow them to protect from the damages, and retaliate against the enemy (maybe 25-50% damages).

-Engage Skill : Target Tactic - User can designate a target (by attacking it, or other way) and this enemy will take 25% more damages from allies during the turn.

-Engage Attack : ??? - I don't really know, but maybe a support oriented thing.

And here's it for me. That took me some time, especially because I love to do a bit of research first, comparing the heroes appearance in many games and take inspiration of their personality. While thinking of a good role for them to have. Not everyone would be an attack Emblem, like in the original roster, some are support, some defensives, etc.

I might modify it later (or not if I don't have enough motivation, eheh). Also, I'm sorry, I got a bit carried away, and those kits doesn't seem really balanced, ahah! 

EDIT Okay, I just saw some of the bond ring for Micaiah Emblems, like Sothe and Elincia. Sothe provide the Bane skill, and Elincia the Mercy skill. Soooo...maybe my kits are irrelevant? I don't remember, but DLC Emblems can be characters we already saw as bond rings, right? Like th Three Houses lords?

Edited by Hiroki

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

Soooo, I saw you made some kits predictions, and I find it funny. I will do it a bit too (I might get inspired by your lists).

These are all great, thank you Hiroki!

48 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

I may have overdone him a bit, but I got carried away, ahah!

For Lyon? There's no such thing! Also, this is way better than any Lyon build I would have gotten around to making, so thanks for that too!

49 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

but DLC Emblems can be characters we already saw as bond rings, right? Like th Three Houses lords?

And Tiki, yep! The only thing I'd change is Elincia's "Mercy" being toggleable lest it become a nuisance, otherwise these are all great! I think it makes sense for Hector and Eliwood to use lances too, since Lyn is mainly a bow Lord here. Also, your Emblem names are great too! Emblem of Dark and Emblem of Mercy are my favorites and I think it's absolutely fine for Azura to add a second dancer to your party given how busted the other Emblems are!

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

These are all great, thank you Hiroki!

For Lyon? There's no such thing! Also, this is way better than any Lyon build I would have gotten around to making, so thanks for that too!

Thanks! So, for Lyon, we just have to send this to IS, so they could make him for the next wave, ahah! That would be nice, indeed!

12 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

And Tiki, yep! The only thing I'd change is Elincia's "Mercy" being toggleable lest it become a nuisance, otherwise these are all great! I think it makes sense for Hector and Eliwood to use lances too, since Lyn is mainly a bow Lord here. Also, your Emblem names are great too! Emblem of Dark and Emblem of Mercy are my favorites and I think it's absolutely fine for Azura to add a second dancer to your party given how busted the other Emblems are!

I think that Mercy can be a nuisance pretty fast, but I also think it suits her personality more. The bond ring, that grants Mercy, doesn't seems toggleable. Can you choose the skill an Emblem have at any moment, or the Emblem just have all the skills unlock active at the same time? If you can't, maybe Elincia could be just a support Emblem. I don't know

About Eliwood and Hector having lances, yeah, you're right. Plus, in the original roster, there is just 2-3 Emblems that give Lances (against almost everyone for Swords, ahah!). I was feeling a bit doubtful about Hector having two legendary weapons, but after all he's the strongest, marquess of Ostia (the strongest of Lycian league), and he's badass. And I'd like to see him straightforwardly go at the enemy with a strong weapon in each hand!

I definitely like the Lyon. The Weapon Triangle stuff makes me hopeful there is a way for grey weapons to beat fists thinking on it. Would be kind of fun if it couldn’t beat Micaiah’s as a little nod but that’s an unlikely scenario probably to begin with.

The others are fun too though I tend to lean more towards combo Emblems just to deal with the limited number of slots.

Sothe would make an ideal dlc Emblem, so here's my mockup.

Weapons

Kard (knife) - high crit, effective against cavalry

Scroll of Wind (body art) - body art that increases wielder's speed and is effective against flying units.

Baselard (knife) - deal bonus damage for each debuff on foe.

Peshkatz (knife) - debuff all of foe's stats -3.

Sync Skill 1 - Bodyguard - Link with target ally. Enemies will prioritize attacking Sothe's wielder over that ally if Sothe is within range.

Sync Skill 2 - Affinity - Sothe and his linked ally gain bonus stats depending on their ally's unit type. (The type of Sothe's wielder will effect the ally and vice versa.)

Backup - Str +5

Covert - Spd +5

Mystical - Mag +5

Qi Adept - Res +5

Cavalry - Dex +7

Flying - Lck +7

Armor - Def +5

Dragon - All stats +3

Sync Skill 3 - Loyalty - Gain support ranks 20% faster. Gain 1/2/3% Avoid per C/B/A support ally within 2 spaces.

Engage Skill - Whisper - Sothe's wielder and linked ally can attack foes on player phase without retaliation.

Engage Attack - Grand Theft - Steal turn from target foe and act again. 

Covert Bonus - Also steal 20 hp, healing unit and linked ally.

Dragon Bonus - Also restores turn to linked ally.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

On 1/8/2023 at 11:54 PM, Hiroki said:

I think that Mercy can be a nuisance pretty fast, but I also think it suits her personality more.

Oh, it absolutely does! But in FE10 you could unequip the skill between maps and I assume you can do the same here, so I meant to say that I'd appreciate Elincia being able to do the same as a DLC Emblem too. For example you could turn it on to help train other units but turn it off for harder maps, that sort of thing 🙂

On 1/9/2023 at 11:57 PM, Fabulously Olivier said:

Sync Skill 3 - Loyalty - Gain support ranks 20% faster. Gain 1/2/3% Avoid per C/B/A support ally within 2 spaces.

Another "farming" effect but with a practical second ability on top, awesome touch! I like that you gave him two separate style bonuses too!

I've been avoiding spoilers and unofficial news about the game and such, but I did see this go around. I don't know if it's true, but if it is, then all of the DLC Emblems we'll be getting are...

The three house leaders (Dimitri, Claude, and Edelgard) and Tiki, which we already knew about. After them, the rest will be Veronica, Soren, Hector, Chrom, and Camilla. I gotta be honest, I find that kinda disappointing. I have no problem with Hector or Chrom, but Camilla over someone like Azura? Soren, but not Elincia? Veronica? Definitely not my preferred lineup of characters, overall.

Some people have found names in the game data that would indicate what characters we are getting.
But even if that's true, can't Nintendo change their mind? Especially with months between the 1st and the last DLC.
If they just put names but haven't started to work on the characters' models yet, it's easy to make changes.

All the Emblems we know are protagonists in their own games (except Tiki but she's special).
So it would be weird to have retainers or random units as DLC Emblem.

We won't get Eliwood (looks too much like Roy) even if he's the main character of Blazing Sword, which is somehow sad considering we may get Hector. Another option would be Ninian, but we already have a dragon girl.
If I was in charge I would put Nils, because he's a fun character and because nobody expects him I guess 🙂

OR we could get the older version of Hector from Binding Blade^^

For the Sacred Stones emblem it would be between Ines, Lyon, Joshua and l'Arachel?
We already have an archer emblem with Lyn, and Lyon isn't exactly a Hero in his game...
And with the many Sword user emblems Joshua won't make it.
I like l'Arachel, so maybe? Tana (not a leader but still a princess) would be an interesting choice too as a Pegasus Knight emblem. 

For PoR/RD it could be interesting to bring an unique class into the game, one of the Laguz, for example Tibarn or Nailah.

The Gaiden emblem is a mystery. There's no way we get both Alm and Celica.

Fates emblem should be Azula. Don't you dare give us Ryoma.

14 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I've been avoiding spoilers and unofficial news about the game and such, but I did see this go around. I don't know if it's true, but if it is, then all of the DLC Emblems we'll be getting are...

Reveal hidden contents

The three house leaders (Dimitri, Claude, and Edelgard) and Tiki, which we already knew about. After them, the rest will be Veronica, Soren, Hector, Chrom, and Camilla. I gotta be honest, I find that kinda disappointing. I have no problem with Hector or Chrom, but Camilla over someone like Azura? Soren, but not Elincia? Veronica? Definitely not my preferred lineup of characters, overall.

Spoiler

It's true, confirmed in the datamine from Vincent since they left some of their skills in.

However, the 3 house leaders are just shown as Edelgard in that same list. So it's possible some of the others are also multi character emblems and we just don't know.

Personally I think it's really likely that Hector could also have Eliwood and Chrom could also have Robin, who is the only missing avatar. It's also possible that Camilla is paired with one of the Hoshido royals to balance them.

22 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Some people have found names in the game data that would indicate what characters we are getting.
But even if that's true, can't Nintendo change their mind? Especially with months between the 1st and the last DLC.
If they just put names but haven't started to work on the characters' models yet, it's easy to make changes.

Considering Engage was delayed, it's doubtful the list in the datamine isn't already the final one. The entire DLC might already be done, or very close to done, so if they changed plans at some point it was long ago.

So we have a list of datamined dlc emblems which seems to be verified, but it seems like that list might only show one name for emblems with multiple characters since it showed just Edelgard for the 3 house leaders.

So I'm gonna hypothesize who might join that list

Spoiler

Hector- This one feels the most likely to be a multi-character, with Eliwood. It just feels wrong to not have them both. There's not really anything more to say

Veronica- I think this emblem makes sense as a solo act. You could have Alfonse or Sharena, or maybe even Bruno. But I don't think it's needed

Soren- Another one I feel strongly will be solo. I really can't see this emblem having anyone else, at least not because of Soren. The multi character emblems tend to have some kind of strong connection and Soren doesn't really have anyone important besides Ike. Partially just to have a suggestion, I think you could maybe have Sothe. It's a metatextual suggestion since it's really only based on Sothe as a parallel to Soren for Micaiah and Ike respectively. Maybe someone has an argument for Elincia but I just don't see it

Camilla- I feel like there'll be a Hoshido noble just to balance the two groups, but I could be wrong. I doubt it will be Ryoma, since he is more strongly contrasted by Xander. I know elsewhere someone suggested Takumi as the Hoshido representative. Personally I think it could be Hinoka as the other flying based older sister. I don't think Azura will be the second character, but I could see her as a third character with one sibling from each side.

Chrom- This seems possible, most likely with Robin. I guess Lissa or Sumia could be there instead.

19 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Hide contents

Oh please, not those two. I had enough of them, and they’re out of place 😒

On 1/18/2023 at 10:46 AM, Yatagarasu said:

All the Emblems we know are protagonists in their own games (except Tiki but she's special).
So it would be weird to have retainers or random units as DLC Emblem.

We won't get Eliwood (looks too much like Roy) even if he's the main character of Blazing Sword, which is somehow sad considering we may get Hector. Another option would be Ninian, but we already have a dragon girl.
If I was in charge I would put Nils, because he's a fun character and because nobody expects him I guess 🙂

OR we could get the older version of Hector from Binding Blade^^

For the Sacred Stones emblem it would be between Ines, Lyon, Joshua and l'Arachel?
We already have an archer emblem with Lyn, and Lyon isn't exactly a Hero in his game...
And with the many Sword user emblems Joshua won't make it.
I like l'Arachel, so maybe? Tana (not a leader but still a princess) would be an interesting choice too as a Pegasus Knight emblem. 

For PoR/RD it could be interesting to bring an unique class into the game, one of the Laguz, for example Tibarn or Nailah.

The Gaiden emblem is a mystery. There's no way we get both Alm and Celica.

Fates emblem should be Azula. Don't you dare give us Ryoma.

All the rings being the stock Fire Emblem protagonists is the entire reason they'd go for these bracelet DLC choices though. The unexpected but prominent picks of the DLC would appeal to way more people than just the brigade of lord leftovers. Especially now that we know that these characters are getting a full fledged story of their own in a different world(?). It'd be better to try something new.

For developers is really easy to add Chrome, it's just a copy paste of Lucina. I hope they change their mind and try to satisfy players wishes with other characters. 

Lyon won't be available i think if we already get Veronica. As far they add more mages and archers im 😌