What is the highest amoung of times you got sick in one year?

XRay

I normally do not get sick, so at worst, I get sick like once every few years. Well, 2022 is my lucky year and I got sick TWICE. I got my first COVID case two months ago and I was miserable for about a week. Now, I got the flu, and while it is not bad as COVID, I am still miserable, and even more stuck in bed. My body ACHES, is SORE, and if I move around a bit, all I feel is PAIN, as if my muscles are tearing itself apart. It was so bad this morning I took some painkillers, and I think it is wearing off right now as my body is aching a bit again.

I had a fever on Tuesday, but it was not too bad. On Wednesday, I was starting to feel it, but it was bearable, and I just slept the whole day thinking I would be back to normal the next day. Boy was I wrong. Yesterday, I feel strong pain if I move around, but I am hungry, so I went to cook some food. The pain was so bad I can barely finishing cooking breakfast, and I had to take a break midway to let my muscles rest. Today, I am basically stuck in bed, I do not even want to get up. Even if I am not moving right now, I still feel some soreness and slight pain, as if my whole body is bruised. All I can do right now is lie on my back or lie on my stomach. If I lie on my sides, after a while, some of my torso muscles hurt.

Have you gotten sick twice (or more) in a year before? I think this is my first time. I think this is my second worst flu case ever. About half a decade ago, I had a really bad case of sore throat and I had to take took Ibuprofen 800 for a while to alleviate excruciating pain. That flu was the absolute worst.

12 hours ago, XRay said:

Have you gotten sick twice (or more) in a year before? 

I used to because one of my teachers thought it was an good idea to have us running outside in the cold as part of Phys Ed or something.

Nowadays, not as much; although I really can't stand how fast the temperature changes.

I still feel muscle pain this morning. Bad news is that it hurts just as bad as yesterday. Good news is that it did not get worse, so hopefully it is starting to turn around.

21 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

I used to because one of my teachers thought it was an good idea to have us running outside in the cold as part of Phys Ed or something.

Nowadays, not as much; although I really can't stand how fast the temperature changes.

When I was a kid, I enjoyed P.E. classes in the cold mornings. I do not sweat as much in the cold.

Well as someone with chronic health issues since I was 3 yeah I got sick a bunch as a kid I remember one year I must have gotten every stomach bug that was around back then like 5 or 6 times plus a really nasty cold.  Lucky for me my immune system finally works right so I don't get sick that much anymore and now that I can wear a mask without any judgment it is easier for me to avoid getting sick.

I don't remember the last year I've gotten sick twice or more, but it was probably one of my childhood years no later than middle school. The closest thing in recent years was last year when I got my COVID vaccine 2nd and 3rd shots, but it's an edge case because it's a natural vax reaction does that really count?

EDIT: Scratch that, got a big sore mucus-making lump in my throat Mon-Tue and now I have a 100 F fever.

Edited by X-Naut
Me and my luck...

• 1 month later...

Got sick and stayed home from school about 3 or 4 times a couple years ago, pretty sure it was from stress but it sucked because I always felt awful and was puking a lot. Teachers were wondering if I was okay at home because of how many times I was absent. Thankfully this was only a problem for a year and I don't suffer from this anymore (mainly due to my anxiety getting a little better recently), and I only really get sick about once a year now, which is a lot more manageable and tolerable.

I don't think I ever got sick more than once in a year, but also I don't think I ever kept track of when I got em so maybe there were five in a year and I just don't remember lmao.

• 7 months later...