Shez: Sharpest Blades - Legendary Hero Battle

Xenomata

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FkkvE05aEAAi1hQ?format=png&name=orig

The hero of another Fodlan from Fire Emblem: Three Hopes has an oppressive offensive that may leave any attempts to tank her assault... not end well, shall we say.

Asura Blades are a dual-phase Brave weapon that grant Spd +5, neutralize Shez's penalties during combat, and also a Flashing Blade effect for good measure. Swift Slice only need Shez to initiate combat or be within 2 spaces of an ally to trigger All Stats +8 and grant Shez "Effective against all weapon types" if she is faster than her foes (with the Spd-check differing depending on if the enemy is a human infantry or not.)
She also has the new Seal Spd 4 skill to help ensure she outspeed the opponent, with Atk/Spd Oath 4 adding on even more Atk and Spd along with giving her a Guidance effect. On Abyssal, all of Shez's Spd comparisons WILL be swayed to her favor with the Phantom Spd sacred seal treating her Spd as if it were 10 higher. Glimmer is a simple but deadly special in the hands of Shez.

A good offensive is a good offensive, so take down the one blessed by Arval!

Edited by Xenomata

Phantom Spd on her Abyssal version with 80+6 Spd is really, really mean.

That said, her lack of Null Follow-Up means that Resonance: Shields from Askr makes it pretty easy for both Ascended Fjorm and Valentine Robin to tank her with Deflect Missile, though Robin had to finagle with staying out of range of the staffie with Flash.

Lucina had to run Mystic Boost in her Sacred Seal slot for sustain, partly because the sword armor kind of really hurts.

Fjorm couldn't kill Shez on the counterattack, but Robin deleted her with a well-timed Glacies (and proceeds to have to take virtually no damage for the rest of the map because she doesn't have a source of healing):

B8SyQmM.png 7UlBg6D.png

In order to take out someone blessed with the power of a god... use another god!

Gonna be honest, I'm actually surprised Yune was able to get the kill on Shez. I completely missed the fact that Shez ignores penalties on herself, so the whole reason I even brought Yune was technically null. But I guess that's just how powerful Chaos is...
I don't know if I've ever brought Selkie along for one of these yet. But she is one of my favorite units to use, so what the hell she can certainly have a moment in the spotlight.
I have never used Winter Mirabilis OR Summer Hilda/Marianne. Why now? Hilda's staff grants nearby allies Atk +6 and Special Charge +1 on foes attacks, which helped to take out that Sword Armor at the beginning, while she herself was able to whittle down a foe or two. Mirabilis meanwhile was able to soften a few blows for her allies to be taking. In my test run she didn't actually do any attacking, but I decided to let her inflict the final blow because realistically I probably won't be using her again, so may as well let her get off a Special trigger.

If there's one thing to praise about having a Three Hopes Legendary, it's that we get to hear I Swear on my Sword.

I think I skipped the last one, but now I have a new team to bring along. Shez's constant teleporting made this map a bit more of a pain then it would otherwise be. But other then her my team could take her pretty well. Caspar got a big boost from his seasonal and my Forrest has been taking cue from @Landmaster Elise.

@BoaFerox @SatsumaFSoysoy

@Diovani Bressan The legendary hero king wiedling a common armourslayer. That was funny to see, but that fridge would have been kinda tanky to take out otherwise. Does the seahorse axe autodouble or is your groom marth that fast?

@Xenomata Shez can nullify her own penalties, but Yune has others tricks in her sleeves. Good thing Yune can use the penalties of any foe within 2 spaces of her to increase her power, and not only the target's penalties. It was the penalties active on that green dagger foe on her left side that gave her enough power to one-hit kill Shez. Also, Selkie! She is not a common unit to see around, so it was nice to see her in action.

@Sasori Great that Pelleas got a new weapon with Arcane Eclipse. He is a great user of it, because of his nice Atk stat. Nice ae units as well. A lot of healing on that Caspar!

Seahorse Axe grants guaranteed follow-up if unit initiates combat or is within 2 spaces of an ally. Good thing Shez didn't have Null Follow-Up because there was no way I could double her without a guaranteed follow-up effect.

@Xenomata Whoa, a Selkie! I don't see her too often. I like seeing Yune 🙂 

@Diovani Bressan Whew, Groom Marth barely got that kill on Shez. I didn't expect to see Brave Marth with a different weapon!

Please give me Valentia Catria's refine soon!

The Lilith team was a bit hard to figure out, but I decided to kill Shez on turn 1 and use Atk Smoke to lower everyone else's attack so that the Liliths could survive. I didn't actually expect the Cleric to heal the penalties instead of attacking, so that was an added bonus. Flash is annoying.

@Xenomata I actually can't believe that clean one-shot on Shez by Yune. What the hell.

@Diovani Bressan Lol, Armorslayer BMarth. Doubling Shez is impressive.

@Sasori Showing off a few Arcane upgrades, huh? The way Caspar holds the scythe is amusing. Forrest was very clutch on turn 5.

@Landmaster

I actually had a different strat at first but I somehow forgot how to do it.

This one started out a little bit tricky, but I ended up pulling off some hit and run shenanigans to get the ball rolling and it ended up being pretty straightforward.

@Diovani Bressan - Nice work! I'm impressed by how easily everything went down here!

@GuiltyLove - Double Lilith, Double Grima team! It's crazy how you guys are getting rid of Shez so quickly on the first turn. It's hard to get past A!Grima.

Pretty easy for the Macedon girls. Even without the cheating unit, I think they weren't facing too much trouble with the enemies on this map for the most part. Always fun to see Palla shred through Player and Enemy Phase.

@Sasori - Super spicy builds on these boys. Boyd and Caspar were probably the most fun to watch but all of them pulled their weight with help from those awesome Arcane weapons~

@SatsumaFSoysoy - First turn Shez kill was really cool and a good way to make the whole rest of the map a lot less intimidating. Love the Dual Scythe wielding Hana. As usual, everyone chipped in here, but Celica was running rampage on her own most of the time. Good job!

On 12/26/2022 at 11:46 AM, Landmaster said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy - First turn Shez kill was really cool and a good way to make the whole rest of the map a lot less intimidating. Love the Dual Scythe wielding Hana. As usual, everyone chipped in here, but Celica was running rampage on her own most of the time. Good job!

Dual-wielding Hana was honestly a big reason for why I even went to pull for Ganglot.

The thing that impresses me the most about your clears is how much HP you often end up trading away on your units early on, yet still make it out just fine.

@GuiltyLove That was a pretty easy way to put Palla on Vantage mode. Not much could deal with her after that. Good use of Triangle Attack to deal with Shez. Valentian Catria did a nice job on the left side, it reminds me that her refinement is not too far away. After Byleth, and skipping Phina since she is a dancer, Catria is the next one in the red color, so her time to get a refinement should be in February or March of next year.

@SatsumaFSoysoy That a a very impressive first turn. Using the combination of Odd Tempest and Future Vision II to increase Celica's range, with the guaranteed follow-up and brave effects plus Future Vision II's snag debuff to make Celica deal exactly 80 damage against a 80 HP Shez was amazing to watch! After their leader, the generic minions just started to fall to your team one by one. Bonus points for the great choice for thumbnail.

@Landmaster I always enjoy some Funeral of Flowers. Nice away to manipulate Shez to the left side while dealing with others foes, until the right moment for Elise and Elise to combo attack the mercenary.

44 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

@Diovani Bressan You think Phina will be skipped? I know dancers get skipped, but she also shares the same weapon with young Marth, so I wonder if she'll get whatever refine he gets. I can't wait for Catria's refine! I really need to get Distant Storm or something on Palla 😛 Wonder if we'll ever get a Vantage 4

I honestly believe that Young Marth will get Linus'd.

What I mean by that is Marth getting a new weapon (Legacied Rapier, or something else), just like how Linus got Fanged Basilikos, and they will skip Rapier from refinements.

Of course skipping Phina now, but getting Rapier refinement that she has access when Young Marth gets his refinement would be the ideal though.

On 12/30/2022 at 5:09 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy That a a very impressive first turn. Using the combination of Odd Tempest and Future Vision II to increase Celica's range, with the guaranteed follow-up and brave effects plus Future Vision II's snag debuff to make Celica deal exactly 80 damage against a 80 HP Shez was amazing to watch! After their leader, the generic minions just started to fall to your team one by one. Bonus points for the great choice for thumbnail.

I managed it without killing Shez turn 1 before with a different team but couldn't replicate it somehow.

On 12/31/2022 at 1:37 AM, Sasori said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy Oh hey I feel like I haven't seen your Celica in a while. She's still invincible. Hana holding two hell scythes is also a funny sight

She will only become more invincible.

Almost pulling off a swag kill only to be thwarted by an enemy's clutch Inf. Null Follow feels real bad.

This took me a bit, partly because the map was hell for my dancers, partly because I was between phones (and will be looking for better recording software in the near future, because this came out awfully quiet). There were many, many instances of my strats failing because of a single enemy being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and frustratingly that enemy wasn't Shez.

@Sasori Nice Arcane weapons! Bold opener by Caspar, taking that Assault Troop armor on, but he made it through and got the ball rolling. Nice clear!

@GuiltyLove Lots of Canto abuse by the Macedons, and very cool offensive opening by the Grimas and Liliths! Nice clears! I had half expected to see Forma Halloween Grima in your next clear, but I guess she wasn't the right choice here. Did you end up getting her though?

@SatsumaFSoysoy Love seeing Celica instantly wreck Shez like that. One less problem to deal with. Dual schythe weilding Hana has a really powerful aura about her, someone on my friend list has one too and I always notice immediately whenever she walks in. Nice clear!

@Landmaster Good job by the Elises as always, gradually picking off the enemies and letting Shez slowly advance. Summer Elise especially cleaned up well at the end. Nice clear!

@Some Jerk Really impressive clear by the dancers again! Legendary Ninian is a really powerful addition to the dancer arsenal, she's both offensively powerful and can do that clutch galeforce dance. I see Phina already got a Rearmed Ophelia to eat, that set looks incredibly fun! Def/Res Smoke 3 is a skill I wish I had access to as well.

I promptly forgot about doing this clear for a while since I wanted to wait until I had done my summons for Flame Tana, and then it slipped my mind once she was done. It was kind of a struggle to say the least, and I am now the unintentional owner of a +9 Flame Lyn (about to be +10 once we get a free one later this month) and a +11 Summer Dimitri (Pulled 9 copies of this poophead while Tana was at +9, so he'll be in jail for a bit until I can stand his face again lol), but most importantly I got Tana done. So here is my first clear where all four Tanas are +10! It wasn't too hard as far as Abyssal one turns go, since the enemies weren't in any weird positions. Flame Tana got to take out the boss to test out the +10 powers.

@BoaFerox I got Halloween Grima's forma, but I cleared this before I got her😛 I was unable to get Atk Smoke 4 on her.... bleh. I'll try Halloween Grima out some other time. Nice merges on the Tana! Now you won't have to whale anymore Good to see all the Tanas destroy everything. -20 attack on Shez is huge! Good thing she doesn't get the effective damage when you attack her.

@BoaFerox Damn, nice flame Tana. Doubling Shez on this map is no small feat of course. That Feud certainly helped. I didn't quite expect Summer Tana to kill the blue dragon like that either.

I'm jealous of your +9 Lyn. Mine is +2, and not really for lack of trying. Hoping I can get to +7 or so at least with Engage AHR.

• 3 weeks later...

@Some Jerk - Ninian is a monster being able to dance and act again. Really clutch for a dancer team. Phina is also extremely impressive. Would love to run a similar build when I get more copies.

@BoaFerox - Late congrats on the +10 Tana team! I would love to take that S!Dimitri off your hands~ Until then, nice that we can see Summer Tana get both a Repo and an action now with the Harmonic Skill!