8 Minute Gameplay and Mechanic Video

Dandy Druid

1 hour ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

History shows that anti-cavalry weapons and anti-armor weapons really aren't all that common.

1 hour ago, tipperthescales said:

iirc there's a reasonably early Hammer and Poleaxe in the first few chapters, then the Somniel has them available for purchase (with limits ofc); and then factor in the Emblems' type effective Engage Weapons that can also in some way be given even more effectiveness if the Strengthen Engage Weapons section is anything to go by...

I might be mistaken, but I believe they meant that the enemies having anti-cavalry or anti-armor weapons isn't that common

8 hours ago, Coreyographed said:

I might be mistaken, but I believe they meant that the enemies having anti-cavalry or anti-armor weapons isn't that common

If it is the latter, the presence of a decent number of (!) marks on enemies in maps we’ve seen is reassuring that the enemy is indeed packing effective weaponry. Still could hope to have more of course, but it’s a good start.

16 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

People say that, but it's way easier to have well-distributed stats when you also have more stats. I mean how many high bst units do you know that waste it all on Res and Lck?

I know one

16 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

People say that, but it's way easier to have well-distributed stats when you also have more stats. I mean how many high bst units do you know that waste it all on Res and Lck?

Micaiah? She always gain res and luck ahahaha. Apart of terrible STR, Great magic growth. decent speed and skill. Can cap Def if you're lucky. HP is low but can be fixed by angelic robe.

Edited by link16hit
stuff

17 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

History shows that anti-cavalry weapons and anti-armor weapons really aren't all that common.

A lot of the Emblems grant access to weapons such as these to the player so in return enemy units might also be a little more strapped this time around. At least I would welcome the prospect 

You know looking at the classes some do seems really redundant don't they? Like why would you have Framme as a Master Monk when High Priest(or Cleric in not gender locked) gives her tomes as well as Arts and Staves.

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

You know looking at the classes some do seems really redundant don't they? Like why would you have Framme as a Master Monk when High Priest(or Cleric in not gender locked) gives her tomes as well as Arts and Staves.

Master Monk has Qi Adept access to Chain Guard and Emblem bonus, and likely higher Art rank, so they are still different enough

Just now, kienquocsi said:

Master Monk has Qi Adept access to Chain Guard and Emblem bonus, and likely higher Art rank, so they are still different enough

Framme as a healer really don't care to much about the higher Art rank and she would also get the Mystical bonus when High Priest. That probably has a high Mag growth too.

5 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Framme as a healer really don't care to much about the higher Art rank and she would also get the Mystical bonus when High Priest. That probably has a high Mag growth too.

Well, the Qi Adept Chain Guard and Emblem bonus still holds. Who knows when you'll need blocking ice or 100% Bond Shield

2 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

We actually know that Framme's natural talent is in Arts rather than Staves, so it might be just to access S-Rank Arts instead of A- or B-Rank. High Priest might have higher Staff/Tome Rank and a mediocre Art Rank. Different unit type also might provide incentive for preferred Type-Bonus benefits on certain Emblems without locking the unit out of their preferred niche.

5 hours ago, ciphertul said:

We may or may not have another class that specializes in arts is the thing. High priest very likely isn't it. And, that'd leave us with no promoted Qi gong class either. In general both daggers and arts have very few distinct classes that we know of at this point, same for Covert and Qi gong.