Hard mode with weapon triangle and enemy attack ranges?

Hello,

Has anyone ever attempted to modify the game to play hard mode without the changes to the weapon triangle and enemy ranges.

To be honest the changes never sounded very fun to me and in a perfect world I'd like to just play a harder version of normal mode without changing the mechanics.

Anybody?

Thanks

Yes.  I haven't used it but you can check out the FE10 randomizer:

https://github.com/LordMewtwo73/fe10-randomizer 

Just don't enable any of the randomization options, but turn back on enemy ranges / weapon triangle / map elemental affinity / etc. that vanilla Hard stupidly turns off.  Can also turn off everyone's favorite mechanic, Fog of War.  I believe there are some challenge options if you want to buff enemy stats even further than Hard does.

So the randomizer seemed to work but there appear to be a lot of bugs with the newer versions.

They recommended using build 2.4.4 just to revert the hard mode mechanics which seemed to do the job.

Edit: UI and menus flashed sometimes when on a new beta version of dolphin but I didn't experience this when using Dolphin 5.0

Newer versions have the option to make the dragons not mandatory in the final section, which sounds more enjoyable with 2 more units to choose to take with you, but apparently you'd also need to use a separate program called "Paragon". This is to correct the biorythm values which go out of whack and grant a big crit bonus to half the enemy units.

Hope this is helpful to anyone anyone else wanting to make these changes to the game.

Edited by AndyOrgan
ways to avoid bugs