Choose Your Legends 7

Fire Emblem Fan

Going with Sharena this year I guess. Sharena really needs some love story-wise, so I think it'd be funny if she gets a Brave form before Alfonse. ...or would they add Alfonse into her Brave form just because he can't be outshined? 

Maybe I'll save a vote for Robin or Azura, but since Chrom won last year, I'm not too caught up in who wins this year. 

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I'm surprised to see people already saying they'll vote for Gullveig. Curious.

She looks like she could use some headpats.

Though I'm sure a good chunk of her votes will be because anime tiddies.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Though I'm sure a good chunk of her votes will be because anime tiddies.

We already know that this is definitely the case based on Loki’s and Plumeria’s CYL debuts (10th overall in CYL2 and 9th overall in CYL4 respectively).

I’m going to call my shot now and say that Gullveig is going to get 15th overall at worst.

I did a double take when I saw the message on my phone. I expected CYL to be later in the month.

I voted for Shura. Last year he was 200th, and was only two or three votes short of placing in 199th, tying with Meg and Ricken if I recall. If I had used all my votes on him, he would’ve been part of a three-way tie with two other characters I like. 

I’ll probably keep voting for Shura, though it depends on who places in the top 3. I’ll vote for female Corrin and/or Soren (in that order of priority) if either reaches the top 3.

I might cast a vote or two towards Jakob or even Leo. They deserve good alts, or at least Resplendents.

7 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Also, Byleth has this when you pick him as an option:

"If Byleth places in the top positions, the version of him that is implemented into the game will be decided at a later date."

This means they don't care about our choice, they are the ones that will decided which Byleth will be used for the CYL alt if he wins... just like how they did with Female Byleth.

Jeez. If either of the Robins win, I wonder if that means they'll make them "Grima" once again.

My first vote went to Arvis. He's one of Fire Emblem's more interesting villains so he deserves way better then a lame, severely outdated freebie. Tormod and Alios naturally deserve a vote for being consistently snubbed, and I think I might throw a vote Elencia's way because she's great in Radiant Dawn.

Gullvieg is winning a spot I think. IDK, something just tells me she is.

That being said, I'm not going to bother voting in any of these anymore. No way any of the characters I actually vote will even crack the top 20. That's fine, what actually bothers me is how biased IS is and they don't give other characters any chances at an alt, like Arya, Itsuki, Leanne. I thought of splitting votes between Deirdre and F!Corrin, but again, Deirdre won't get anything and if F!Corrin has not won it by now she's honestly not likely to any time soon either.

I just hope a beast unit makes it into the final four, I would at least a little bit amused at seeing a brave Naesela or Tibarn show up in the game.

11 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

I just hope a beast unit makes it into the final four, I would at least a little bit amused at seeing a brave Naesela or Tibarn show up in the game.

All the more reason to actually vote. Hope is cheap.

18 hours ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Throwing down the first vote for Billy Kametz. And he deserves it for an incredible final performance as Ferdinand in Three Hopes. He took a meme character and really fleshed him out.

Diovani said this too, but it'd be really awkward for Ferdinand to win "for Billy" since... you know. I get the reasoning, but at the same time... it's uncomfortable to think about.

11 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

"If Byleth places in the top positions, the version of him that is implemented into the game will be decided at a later date."

This means they don't care about our choice, they are the ones that will decided which Byleth will be used for the CYL alt if he wins... just like how they did with Female Byleth.

IS pretty much cheated with F!Byleth by giving her the Sothis Regalia hairstyle, but even though pre-skip Byleth won if you listen to her dialogue it's pretty obvious she comes from after the timeskip. They're just covering their bases to avoid any angry comments about that this time. (Also, I know it's an unpopular opinion but I preferred F!Byleth being post-skip so I'm personally fine with the same happening for M!Byleth. I feel bad for those who wanted a pre-skip Byleth before though.)

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

She looks like she could use some headpats.

How so?

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Jeez. If either of the Robins win, I wonder if that means they'll make them "Grima" once again.

Oh, that's a horrifying thought. Isn't Grima a separate option though? So hopefully that won't happen.

10 minutes ago, Sil/phire said:

Loki and Plumeria also got a horde of fanservice votes but only got into the top ten, so hopefully that's as far as Gullveig goes. On the other hand, there aren't many female Lords left and even the 3H hype has simmered down outside of Bernadetta (and probably Shez) in the women's division.

1 hour ago, Sil/phire said:

I'd be a little annoyed if she did because we barely know anything about her. At all. She, uh, basically turned the Askr team into dust for no discernible reason. We know nothing about what drives this character. And it's not like this game has a shortage of boobs either.

That said, I probably won't be upset enough to react in a manner stronger than: ;/ Every CYL past the first one has been kind of a joke anyway.

Despite the fact that I have not played Heroes in years and have no plans to go back to it, this time of year always makes me ecstatic without fail. I’ve seen a lot of different characters being campaigned for this year and it’s a lot of fun!

Second vote in for Brom. Remember, spare a vote for Brom!

Anyway, based on the immediate first day reactions in all the online communities I'm seeing thus far, it looks like the top male contenders are Robin, Corrin, Byleth, Soren, Sigurd, and Leif.

16 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Second vote in for Brom. Remember, spare a vote for Brom!

Anyway, based on the immediate first day reactions in all the online communities I'm seeing thus far, it looks like the top male contenders are Robin, Corrin, Byleth, Soren, Sigurd, and Leif.

So, uh, about male Byleth ...

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

How so?

The expression on her face reminds me of Triandra, Freyja, and Nifl, all of whom could use some headpats. Also the TCG Ninian in my profile pic.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Yeah, I just saw that. So much for his chances.

On the one hand, it's kinda bullshit that getting an alt now should tank his chances when female Byleth had more alts than he did when she won CYL.

On the other hand, I do think m!Robin (and Felix, I guess) need it more. What, with m!Robin not having a proper alt as himself since the very first winter banner and Felix ... well, yeah. Now watch as Heroes adds base Felix in the same year we're scheduled to get Brave Felix.

Damn shame, looks like Ursula's chances to win CYL this year are scuppered. I really like her ...long torso?

In all seriousness, if I were to pick from last year's top 10, I'd probably say I want Robin and... Robin? Not with any real conviction though. If I say, extend the list to anyone within the top 100 overall, that might be more interesting. Let's see:

(In order of CYL6 voting)

Reinhardt
Bruno

Nino
Petra

As for Gullveig, I hope you brought enough pats for all the snakes.

Oh shit. I've just voted now. Am I just outside the window for the first day? I always miss the begnning of it >.>

Has anyone compiled the list of new additions to the selection roster yet?

Reinhardt would be fun to have as a Brave Hero, but I don't realistically expect him unless Thracia gets a remake or something.

That said, I'm definitely primarily voting to get Tormod in the game in general.

33 minutes ago, Jotari said:

Has anyone compiled the list of new additions to the selection roster yet?

On 1/5/2023 at 9:52 PM, Tybrosion said:

New options from Heroes: Askr, Embla, Ganglot, Gullveig, Heidr (yes, even though we haven't even seen her in the story yet), Seidr, Ymir

New options from Three Hopes: Arval, Count Bergliez [Leopold], Count Gloucester [Erwin], Count Hevring [Waldemar], Count Varley [Gregoire], Holst, Margrave Gautier [Matthias], [Real] Monica, Rufus, Shahid, F!Shez, M!Shez

There aren't any new additions from any of the other games. So among other things, you still can't vote for Ullr or Elimine despite them both being Mythic Heroes.

I'm moving all the Three Hopes portraits over to my list of characters in Heroes doc (sucks the house leaders and Lysethia aren't on CYL so I can't get their Three Hopes designs) and I notice Rhea and Sothis aren't in Three Hopes. Which I find a bit weird as they're actually playable in that game. No Epimenidies either, just Arval 😕 That alter ego or whatever it is seems at least as important as some of the other stuff they've thrown at us in Three Hopes. Like, considering there's an actual personality change I'd register it as more worth being on it than the Flame Emperor.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

There aren't any new additions from any of the other games. So among other things, you still can't vote for Ullr or Elimine despite them both being Mythic Heroes.

Yeah, I saw that not long after I posted. I'm guessing the situation with Ullr and Elimine is that if they put them on they're obligated to put all the other Crusaders/Legends on, and they just don't have artwork for that (though they're very close for the Legends, I think only Hartmut and the lance guy are missing given four show up in Binding Blade). Still, they were willing to put Altena on it and ignore Soan once they had Heroes artwork for her. So consistency isn't 100%.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I notice Rhea and Sothis aren't in Three Hopes. Which I find a bit weird as they're actually playable in that game.

Holy Moly, they somehow managed to miss Rodrigue in Three Hopes. And he's not even a bonus playable character. He's fully playable in game, and, I'd argue, more important to the plot than he is in Three Houses. I guess the reason Rodrigue, Sothis and Rhea aren't in Three Hopes is because they all use the same designs as Three Houses, so you're not really voting for something separate. But that's also true for (male) Byleth. I think Rodrigue at least should have been part of the Three Hopes roster.

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

I'm guessing the situation with Ullr and Elimine is that if they put them on they're obligated to put all the other Crusaders/Legends on, and they just don't have artwork for that (though they're very close for the Legends, I think only Hartmut and the lance guy are missing given four show up in Binding Blade). Still, they were willing to put Altena on it and ignore Soan once they had Heroes artwork for her. So consistency isn't 100%.

None of the crusaders have official artwork other than the single image from Treasure, including Cipher.

Excluding the uselessly low-detail artwork that appears in Blazing Sword's opening, only Roland, Durban, Athos, and Bramimond appear in game. Elimine has official artwork from the Double Dash bonus disk. Hartmut has non-canon official artwork from Hasha. Hanon and Barigan appear in Hasha, but their artwork is uselessly low-detail. Being the only playable character, Athos is the only one with Cipher artwork.

Dheginhansea and Altina both appear in game with sufficient detail and in Cipher. Dheginhansea is seen in both his human and dragon forms in both sources. Soan appears in game and in Cipher, but only ever in his lion form. He still lacks a canon human form.

As far as consistency goes, the current line-up makes enough sense. Right now, the only ones that are eligible for CYL are the ones that appear in game and have art that can viably be used as the character's icon portrait.