Choose Your Legends 7

Fire Emblem Fan

4 hours ago, Jolumas said:

Robin, Sigurd, Corrin and Bernadetta do seem like the most likely winners, but seen so much talk about Soren, Byleth, Gullveig and Freyja so will be interesting to see the results. As long as Robin is one of the winners I'll be happy. Would be nice to see some Tokyo Mirage Sessions characters finish in the top 10 as well, hoping that fans of those games will get their long overdue new banner.

I normally vote for 7 different characters, but decided to double down on Edward, Leonardo and Nolan this year, leaving my last vote for Tauroneo. Maybe this will be the year they finally join Micaiah and Sothe and complete the initial Dawn Brigade. Radiant Dawn was my first FE game and its still weird to me that they're not in FEH, they even have unique weapons

Screenshot_20230113-072334_Samsung Internet.jpg

There's been talk about Freyja? Must have been somewhere I haven't seen.

Either way, Robin/Sigurd/Felix/Soren and Corrin/Bernadetta/Gullveig seem like top candidates.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Opdepov said:

As I do each year, I vote for 7 characters not yet ingame. 

I forgot to vote for Renault this year, I've been getting more detached, and after Dwyer I assumed I had every character I wanted.

3 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

I know they usually announce the results a bit after in a FEH channel but I forget how long it usually is

They will probably announce the results in the Anniversary Feh Channel, since that's coming up.

10 hours ago, Lemmy said:

I forgot to vote for Renault this year, I've been getting more detached, and after Dwyer I assumed I had every character I wanted.

Its not like characters like him have a realistic chance of winning. (Unless they re being memed or something) But I like to be a reminder people still want the lesser known characters.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:
The game will be 7 years old at that point. Crazy.

*Six years old.

CYLx happens at the start of the xth year of FEH's lifetime.

Edited by Seafarer

This is going to be a long two weeks…In the meantime, I’ll share who I predict will win and my personal best and worst-case scenario winners.

Who I think will win:

Female:

1st: Gullveig

2nd: Sharena

Male:

1st: Male Robin

2nd: Soren

Best-case scenario winners:

Female:

1st: Female Corrin 

2nd: Azura

Male:

1st: Male Corrin

Worst-case scenario winners:

Female:

1st: Shez

2nd: Ingrid

Male:

1st: Yuri

2nd: Male Byleth

Honestly, there are few characters in the Top 20 who I wouldn’t want to see win this year, and several who didn’t make my lists who I would be happy to see win. Even Shez and Ingrid are characters I’m neutral towards.

3 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Who I think will win:

Female:

1st: Gullveig

2nd: Sharena

Male:

1st: Male Robin

Hmm... while there was definitely more active talk about her than past examples, I think Gullveig's just going to be somewhere in the top ten. People are going to joke about it for a few months then move on to the other new big new waifu in Book VIII (or Book IX since we're likely getting getting an Engage Sweep next year). Even Freyja hasn't managed to get any higher than the top ten despite being around for three years more than her.

I would like it if Sharena won but honestly I think she falls short. Gullvieg though I think has an actual shot as I have seen more campaigns for her. Not a huge Bernie fan as she is my least favorite black eagle but I think she is either a winner or number 3/4. I think Robin and Corrin are  likely top 3 finishers as well. So my guess is its Gullvieg, Robin Bernie and Corrin for top 4.

Edited by vikingsfan92

I highly doubt Sharena will take a winning spot. Gullveig is more likely, but I still don't think she'll make it. A new female OC always ranks well, but only Veronica has ever won, and even then she got a boost from interims where she was 5th, which Gullveig isn't getting.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

I highly doubt Sharena will take a winning spot. Gullveig is more likely, but I still don't think she'll make it. A new female OC always ranks well, but only Veronica has ever won, and even then she got a boost from interims where she was 5th, which Gullveig isn't getting.

Gullveig seems more popular than most others in her position - except maybe Plumeria, who was new in CYL4 and lost to the Three Houses sweep. (She had the third highest vote count of non-3H units, after Marth and Eirika.)

I also think that as one of the few new additions to the top 20 lists, Gullveig could similarly benefit from the midterms suggesting she has more of a shot at the top than people might have expected, even though it's not as concrete.

Also worth considering is with the release of Engage people might have gone harder on someone like Gullveig this year as people expect it to not be an option next year. Everyone and their mother is expecting an engage sweep this time best year. And I would argue that Gullveig is one of the more clear now or never charcters over some of the other top candidates.

14 hours ago, vikingsfan92 said:

Also worth considering is with the release of Engage people might have gone harder on someone like Gullveig this year as people expect it to not be an option next year. Everyone and their mother is expecting an engage sweep this time best year. And I would argue that Gullveig is one of the more clear now or never charcters over some of the other top candidates.

I'm not sure how relevant that is, Gullveig would be expected to drop off hard even without Engage. Although in fairness she'd still be significantly more current on CYL8 than any others.

Still, I'm not sure how much thinking ahead was involved.

23 hours ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Sharena in the top 2 would be amazing! I would love that.

So would I, despite not caring much about her. I just think it’s about time for a FEH OC to make it through CYL. I find it surprising we only have Veronica so far

24 minutes ago, Midnox said:

So would I, despite not caring much about her. I just think it’s about time for a FEH OC to make it through CYL. I find it surprising we only have Veronica so far

I guess it's because the want of having playable Veronica at all was the drive behind that. Since she was still unplayable at that point, right?

23 minutes ago, Midnox said:

I also want her to get an alt. The only alt she got was the Spring one in 2018. She was also Alfonse's backpack for one of the New Year banner, but that doesn't count since that's an Alfonse Alt and not a Sharena Alt.

Veronica winning CYL was a result of people wanting a playable Veronica, plus people seeing her in 4th-5th place in the interim results and then rallying her for the last days. I am pretty sure if we knew what position Sharena was in the interim of this year that could help her.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm not surprised we haven't gotten any other FEH OC winners since Veronica. I don't think we'll get another one for a while, honestly.

Next year is almost definitely an Engage sweep, so yeah. Not to mention, who knows how many more CYL's there will be.

2 hours ago, Othin said:

I'm not sure how relevant that is, Gullveig would be expected to drop off hard even without Engage. Although in fairness she'd still be significantly more current on CYL8 than any others.

Still, I'm not sure how much thinking ahead was involved.

Well the fact that they moved up this cyl voting just to avoid putting Engage characters on this may have brought in more focus than normal.  I think if engage was a couple more months out this probably would be more fair but its the same month so that might cause more thinking ahead than normal.   Its tough to say how much if any this matters though and for which characters it will matter more.

Edited by vikingsfan92