Choose Your Legends 7

Fire Emblem Fan

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It really hasn't been that long, but the wait to hear who the winners are feels like it's taking forever, haha.

It's already been a longer wait than usual, and we're only halfway there. Doesn't help that this one is especially hard to guess.

On 1/20/2023 at 11:09 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

It really hasn't been that long, but the wait to hear who the winners are feels like it's taking forever, haha.

On 1/21/2023 at 5:54 AM, Othin said:

It's already been a longer wait than usual, and we're only halfway there. Doesn't help that this one is especially hard to guess.

I really hope they don’t run CYL this way next year. I don’t like waiting almost a month for the results, and the fact that they didn’t announce the Top 3 makes the wait even longer.

I speculate the results will be announced on the 27th, since it looks like an update is happening, and that often means something significant will happen after.

21 minutes ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

I really hope they don’t run CYL this way next year. I don’t like waiting almost a month for the results, and the fact that they didn’t announce the Top 3 makes the wait even longer.

I speculate the results will be announced on the 27th, since it looks like an update is happening, and that often means something significant will happen after.

I think this was a special case to avoid colliding with Engage's release.

The update on the 27th is just adding the next mythic hero. CYL results are generally announced in the Feh Channel right before the anniversary (February 2).

6 hours ago, Magenta Fantasies said:

Don't worry, is quite obvious that the CYL votes had to be made early to avoid conflicting with Engage's release, this had been basically the only year where the votation didn't start around the 20th.

• 2 weeks later...

The feh channel is Thursday and I am going to go with a final prediction of Robin and Gullveig for the women. There usually is one upset and I think Gullvieg is the upset for the year. I really don't care who it's for guys but I will guess Felix as one and no idea for the other.

Jeez after last year's incident they went as far as axing greenleth entirely. Interestingly if you get him as a random hero the special message concerning appearance doesn't show up. A shame the glow around your voted character no longer spins. Would've liked to see long-haired Marianne in the roster if only for decorative purposes. I was going to take a break from thunder mage gang but a vote for Linda is more relevant this year because the new rising hero award might mean winning a pat on the back. Ironically not voting for Linda last year would be a marginal advantage. 

bandicam 2023-01-29 19-25-57-633 (1).jpg

I found it strange that they didn't properly announce the beggining of the voting season this year, but alas I don't remember if they tend to do it or not anyway... (maybe they never even did it and I only knew on the past years because of SF and Reddit but now I don't have Reddit on my phone anymore so I've been barely accessing it, so that might be it) And it was pretty strange that they didn't make it public how many votes/in which place each character was when they announced the midterm results. Speaking of results, when are they supposed to be announced anyway?

This year I did as last year: Every vote for Soren (barring one, that was saved to Bruno out of my respect for him)

Also, I barely saw any fan related stuff regarding the CYL this year (like those crazy toxic discussions, massive propaganda art and essays on why you should vote for whatever character, etc), that's probably because as I said before, I haven't been acessing Reddit lately, so I don't know much about who were the strongest contestants or who had the biggest campaigns, but still, the voting season seemed so... calm. Last year I didn't even had to want it to bump into some discussion or propaganda regarding the CYL while this year it wasn't anything like that.

3 hours ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I found it strange that they didn't properly announce the beggining of the voting season this year, but alas I don't remember if they tend to do it or not anyway... (maybe they never even did it and I only knew on the past years because of SF and Reddit but now I don't have Reddit on my phone anymore so I've been barely accessing it, so that might be it) And it was pretty strange that they didn't make it public how many votes/in which place each character was when they announced the midterm results. Speaking of results, when are they supposed to be announced anyway?

This year I did as last year: Every vote for Soren (barring one, that was saved to Bruno out of my respect for him)

Also, I barely saw any fan related stuff regarding the CYL this year (like those crazy toxic discussions, massive propaganda art and essays on why you should vote for whatever character, etc), that's probably because as I said before, I haven't been acessing Reddit lately, so I don't know much about who were the strongest contestants or who had the biggest campaigns, but still, the voting season seemed so... calm. Last year I didn't even had to want it to bump into some discussion or propaganda regarding the CYL while this year it wasn't anything like that.

The results should be announced in about a day from now.

This year's CYL was off-schedule due to Engage, which probably shook a lot of things up. As for the midterms, it looks like they wanted to see what would happen if they didn't push people to focus on whoever was already at or near the top.

Potential CYL7 winners leak. Personally, I believe it.

The Reddit post:

My feelings, assuming it is real:

Spoiler

I find it's just the right mix of expected and unexpected to be believable. I said earlier that I didn't think Gullveig would win, and while I remained skeptical, other posts convinced me it was a stronger possibility than I had thought. I don't seem to have made an actual prediction post, but I thought Corrin was a pretty safe guess.

Neither Robin nor Soren on the male side I think is a surprise individually, but I am a bit surprised they both won. I thought Sigurd or Felix would be up there.

None of the characters I specifically did not want to win did so, but I also don't care too strongly for any of the winners.

21 minutes ago, Florete said:

The Reddit post:

Hide contents

I find it's just the right mix of expected and unexpected to be believable. I said earlier that I didn't think Gullveig would win, and while I remained skeptical, other posts convinced me it was a stronger possibility than I had thought. I don't seem to have made an actual prediction post, but I thought Corrin was a pretty safe guess.

Neither Robin nor Soren on the male side I think is a surprise individually, but I am a bit surprised they both won. I thought Sigurd or Felix would be up there.

None of the characters I specifically did not want to win did so, but I also don't care too strongly for any of the winners.

Yeah, that sounds believable. Ugh, probably at least two more years before Sigurd gets in, then. Robin and Soren are both solid picks, but man, I'd been hoping for him.

Edited by Othin

The evidence is, while not definitive proof, fairly convincing and worth taking seriously. Serious enough to write out how I feel about them at any rate. To be honest I forgot who was even in heavy contention given the long wait - which has no doubt dampened any hype about the winners - but after looking them up I'm fairly content with the outcome. Man, I can't even remember whether there was a post-voting top 20 posted or if it's just the mid-vote results. Looks like no.

Anyway, on the female side I'd have preferred Robin over Gulliveig but the latter is just as acceptable to me as any other realistic contender: let's say Bernie, Hilda, Azura and Dorothea (i.e. those who broke 5000 points last year). Actually, being a blank slate, that leads me to prefer Gulli over the actively annoying Bernie and Hilda, but tied with Azura and Dorothea who I'm fairly neutral with.

On the male side, yeah, I'd probably have leaned Sigurd over Soren. But if the FE4 remake is indeed coming, I don't think it's a terrible thing to have his eventual CYL alt reflect his new design instead of the old one that we've seen plenty of over the past six years. Frankly he looks the same to me in every guise so far. As for the rest of the contenders (same criteria as above), I'm happy with Felix being out due to my dislike of the edgy swordsmaster trope, though he does deserve his base form in the game. And Yuri, well, I know nothing about him outside of FEH due to my not buying the 3H DLC, but in FEH he's simultaneously annoying to face while also being mildly annoying to get due to being saddled with a to-me worthless Duel skill instead of a real one. That leaves Soren versus Byleth, and I'm equally indifferent to them both, so whatever really.

1 hour ago, Florete said:

The Reddit post:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Wow, I'm pretty satisfied with the results and tbh I belive it too (not just because I wanted Soren to win and in the leak it says that he made it, it's just that every time I hear about a FE leak it turns out to be truth and even though I don't have an eye for this kind of thing, for me it looks legit).

Gotta admit that I could never imagine that Gullveig would win but it does make sense (I mean, on her debut year, Plumeria was on 6th place so why would it be strange for Gullveig to be like in 2nd? Specially after the midterm results because the fans saw that they had a chance...). Tbh I considered giving her a vote or more when I entered the FEH category to vote for Bruno, because I imagined that a brave for her would look pretty cool, but I opted to support Soren to the end (with a vote saved for Bruno) because I thought that this could be his last chance if next year becomes flooded with Engage characters and that Gullveig will surely have at least her OG version, a NY alt and another seasonal guaranteed to her as every/almost every important OC gets (I get that a brave alt is not the same thing as a seasonal, otherwise Soren wouldn't have a chance right? But I believe that who voted for Gullveig didn't do it for the importace that is a brave alt per se, but because they wanted to see more of her and know more about her as soon as possible, just like I think that was the case with Veronica and Plumeria). What I mean is, I don't think that it'd be hard for lots of people to have fallen into the tentation of voting for her even though we know almost nothing yet (not just for the horny factor but because she genuinely looks cool), actually, I think that knowing nothing about her was one of the main motives for her to get that many votes. She looks cool, she is the villain (which naturally gives her fans) and we know that we'll only get her OG version by the end of the book unless we happen to have a twist villain or another bigger big bad, and people wanna know more as soon as possible.

About the rest, I think that Robin got a boost in votes because of Chrom's victory last year, kinda like how the 3 lords of Elibe all won at very close years (even though the votes were more "unfair" then, I think that one of them winning surely must have boosted the interest for the others to get their brave alts too) and that in addition to this, 3H fans probably slept a little on Felix and Bernadetta for thinking that they were guaranteed which led to Corrin be able to surpass Bernadetta too, either this or Corrin must have had some kind of massive propaganda and I don't know because I didn't keep up with the campaigns this year. Soren on the other hand, luckily wasn't held back by the Khadein alt (in fact I think that maybe even more people voted for him for this, out of spite or because they were alarmed that this alt could sabotage Soren's chances so they went full forces with the votes), i think that after last year, lots of people had hopes that he could actually win this year so they went full force, which seems to have worked well.

Not sure if I'm just saying a bunch of shit here, but for me this seems to be how and why all of this happen, assuming that the leaks are true (and again, I belive it), anyway it makes sense. I was mainly surprised by Gullveig's position but upon reflection is not strange.

@Humanoid Noooo, there was no post voting top 20, this should come out with the results. Although I think that the midterm results came out very late this year if I'm not mistaken (like a day or two after they're supposed to).

Edited by ARMADS!!!

20 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Although I think that the midterm results came out very late this year if I'm not mistaken (like a day or two after they're supposed to).

No, they were posted at the end of day 3, which is normal.

About the leaks:

If the leaks are true, I'm not surprised at all to see Male Robin, Soren, and Female Corrin as winners. I predicted Robin and Corrin. I'd have preferred Sigurd over Soren, but I'm fine with Soren, especially since we're almost definitely getting a Genealogy of the Holy War remake and Sigurd will almost definitely win when that happens. The only bummer here is Gulliveg or whatever her name is. It's incredibly, immensely stupid that a Heroes OC who was only JUST introduced that we know quite literally nothing about is a winner over objectively more deserving characters like Azura, Elincia, Dorothea, Bernadetta, Caeda, etc. It's the dumbest thing. At least Veronica had been around for a year and we knew things about her when she won in CYL 2.

28 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

About the leaks:

Hide contents

If the leaks are true, I'm not surprised at all to see Male Robin, Soren, and Female Corrin as winners. I predicted Robin and Corrin. I'd have preferred Sigurd over Soren, but I'm fine with Soren, especially since we're almost definitely getting a Genealogy of the Holy War remake and Sigurd will almost definitely win when that happens. The only bummer here is Gulliveg or whatever her name is. It's incredibly, immensely stupid that a Heroes OC who was only JUST introduced that we know quite literally nothing about is a winner over objectively more deserving characters like Azura, Elincia, Dorothea, Bernadetta, Caeda, etc. It's the dumbest thing. At least Veronica had been around for a year and we knew things about her when she won in CYL 2.

Spoiler

I get the sentiment, but is not THAT bad, I mean if you're gonna compare it to Veronica I'd say that it was around the same level (comparing to everything that we've seen of Veronica, that year was too just the very beggining for her since she was supposed to be around for the whole story, people knew it but everyone wanted to see Veronica be more fleshed out fast, just like how Gullveig is supposed to be around for the whole book so this is the beggining for her too, in a year we'll already know everything that there is to know about her), I know that this will probably not be enough for you to feel less bad about it but I still think that if you give it some thought, it's less bullshitty than it sounds. Gatekeeper was worse anyway and i think that nothing will top that. 

Also, I feel less bad about the likes of Azura, Elincia, Sigurd, Caeda (and would have about Soren too if he hadn't won) since some of them still have their legendaries to come, and lots of them will probably even get an ascendant anyway too, while some of them may even have both (I mean, look at Tiki). Since it's a popularity contest I think that it's hard to meassure who is more deserving of the alt (with the exception of Gatekeeper since he just won for memes), if you asked me I'd say that people still only vote that much for Bernadetta and Dorothea or Felix for the hype (that will likely fade with engage or as soon as we get another FE game) and that these 3 are not as "deserving" as Soren, Azura, Elincia, Sigurd, Robin or Caeda, but in the end it's a popularity contest and hype will always play a big factor. At least the voting season dropped before Engage othrwise it'd have been even more hype driven.

I'm not trying to convince you that your feelings are wrong or whatever, I get them, really, I'm just saying that as much that you or we don't like it, it's not really "dumb" (I mean, if Gullveig got the marjority of the votes it was certainly because more people who play the game wanted to see her than to see Dorothea or Bernadetta), people have different motives to vote for a character and it doesn't have to be just who they like more or who they think that deserves a brave alt the most or whatever, sometimes people do it because of the hype and because of that feeling "what if this character wins? Will they really put them in the game?? How will something like this be??"(like Gatekeeper, like... it's kinda bullshitty but not hard to understand once you think about it) and I think that Gullveig had both of these going on for her, just like Veronica did at the time and just like Plumeria had when she got to be on 6th place on her debut year. People voted for her partially because they wanna see how IS will pull a brave for a character like her, will they spoil the story or they'll find a way? If the book had ended she wouldn't have won, but if you look at the past (with OCs ranking hight like that) it seems like lots of people always wanted to see the result of it, if an OC won before the book/their story ended I mean, and there have been lots of tries to do this. Now we'll get the answer, will they make her in tthe future like Veronica or something else?

Well if those supposed winners are correct, then: 

Spoiler

that means there'll be no Three Houses CYL winner for the first time. And on that note, RIP Bernie in particular because there's no way she wins against Ivy and F!Alear next year.

As for Gullveig winning, lmao IS's plan of not giving us ranked midterm results didn't even work.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:
  Hide contents

As for Gullveig winning, lmao IS's plan of not giving us ranked midterm results didn't even work.

Spoiler

Outside of either wishful thinking or wild speculation, I don't see how Gullveig is the reason why they didn't give us ranked midterm results.

Ranked results theoretically should result in a boost in votes for the option in third and possibly the option in fourth, stealing incoming votes from all options below them (i.e. everyone ranked fifth or lower). Unranked results theoretically should result in a boost in votes for all options announced to be at the top with a larger boost for underdogs, stealing incoming votes from all options not announced to be at the top (i.e. everyone ranked 21st or lower).

Gullveig was the character most likely to gain votes from the results being announced unranked.

Personally I don't mind Gullveig on account of not caring about the female results anymore anyway.

Maybe Sigurd will at least be one of the top runner-ups, to help his position in future years.

55 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well if those supposed winners are correct, then: 

Hide contents

that means there'll be no Three Houses CYL winner for the first time. And on that note, RIP Bernie in particular because there's no way she wins against Ivy and F!Alear next year.

Spoiler

Lol, I wonder if that would have worked with gatekeeper, like maybe it'd have made people less hyped because then they wouldn't know that he was THAT close to winning.

36 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

Outside of either wishful thinking or wild speculation, I don't see how Gullveig is the reason why they didn't give us ranked midterm results.

Ranked results theoretically should result in a boost in votes for the option in third and possibly the option in fourth, stealing incoming votes from all options below them (i.e. everyone ranked fifth or lower). Unranked results theoretically should result in a boost in votes for all options announced to be at the top with a larger boost for underdogs, stealing incoming votes from all options not announced to be at the top (i.e. everyone ranked 21st or lower).

Gullveig was the character most likely to gain votes from the results being announced unranked.

Spoiler

I also don't think that Gullveig was the actual reason for them to ocult the ranks, but I don't see how she was benefited from it either, compared to the others, I mean if she was in like 10th place then she certainly got an advantage but what if she was already near the top? I'd think that characters like Sharena or Tsubasa (or c'mon maybe even Mia or Anna, or even Freyja) were the biggest underdogs there and probably the ones at the bottom of the list, these are the ones that probably got the biggest advantage by them not showing the ranks. Gullveig was secured to get close to the top anyway because of the curiosity that people had by voting in a character whose story isn't finished, like with Veronica and Plumeria (and also like Gatekeeper with the "but what if he really wins? How will IS pull this off?" feeling).

Spoiler

Ok, but now let's be serious, we all know that I$ hid the ranks because Sharena was way to close to the top, like among the 5 best girls, and they didn't want to be forced to give her attention  (kidding, obviously, but I really hope that she gets more attention now, given the position that she got in this year)

Spoiler

Personally I think we won't see another Gullveig winner again if leaks are real unless they do an insanely cool new oc and even if it happens it won't be for a long time. For starters next year and the year after are practically a lock to not have heroes winners with engage and a heroes oc winning this year. Also I stand by points I made earlier that Gullveig is probably the most interesting heroes oc we had for a while. Time manipulation plus her golden serpents are really unique and I think it will take alot to get people as excited for future heroes villains.  While I do think some of the other older villains deserve more respect I don't think there has be an out of the gate reaction to an heroes character quiet like hers in the fact she has pulled people back into being interested in the feh story again. Heck her gimmick alone has impacted this book more than any other simply in the fact we don't know what chapter is next which is probably ending after this current arc unless she stays around in some shape or form.  Lastly I think the fact her design includes things outside of just clothing is the last thing that pushed for her win. It will be interesting what they do with her snakes in her brave alt if its true that she won.

Edited by vikingsfan92