Choose Your Legends 7

Fire Emblem Fan

2 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I like the idea but I still think that they'll play it safe like always/almost always and each character will have their outfit and weapon related to the most obvious one we can think of (Robin-Chrom, Gullveig-not enought info yet, Corrin-probably a family member from Nohr since it's F!Corrin or maybe Azura, and Soren-Ike)

HELL YEAH SOREN IS MY PICK NO MATTER HOW THE UNITS TURN OUT (unless if I like everyone/most of the units to the point of summoning on the banner multiple times, then obviously my free pick will be whoever I happened to not summon yet on the banner if I had already gotten the others I want to), after all every single one of my votes on the past two or three years (save one this years) were for him, so imagine if I didn't pick him now...

Heh, yeah, I think I gave Soren a vote in year 1 before going all in on Elena for all other years. Also, yeah, Soren wearing something based on what Ike wears makes sense, though there are a few other interesting options.

Radiant Dawn spoilers

Spoiler

He could have an outfit based on Ashnard since that's his biological father, but other interesting options include Dehginsea (his grandfather), Almedha (his mother -- so, a more masculine or robe-like verson of what she wears), or even Pelleas, since the guy filled his role as his mother's son for a while. That could be an interesting one.

Or, they could go the route of giving him one of his unique class outfits, like that awesome black and white robe he gets as an arcsage. I would not be mad at that.

As for a weapon, I actually would be really happy if he got a tome, and either in the tome or as a personal skill, FINALLY GOT ADEPT. How do none of his Heroes incarnations have his personal skill from PoR yet? Maybe give him bonus damage against flying units, too. That said, another more creative option would be

More Radiant Dawn spoilers

Spoiler

To make him a dragon unit. Like, if somehow his dragon heritage fully manifested in this version and he could turn into a Black Dragon.

As for the others, Robin could get a levin sword (and his design could be based on the Grimleal since we don't have Grimleal M!Robin yet, though we do have similar ones -- or we'll just get Grandmaster M!Robin), Snake lady could get almost anything (and I'd love it if her outfit was based on the sea god guy -- his design is dapper), and Corrin... Actually, it would be neat if she got something based on Anakos or Lilith, but we'll probably get something based on Azura or whatever, yeah. Or any of her royal siblings. Or Garon. I could see her wielding a tome, though, since she could pick up tomes in Conquest.

What I'm more curious about is how IS will handle snake lady and spoilers involving her. There's not a lot out yet about her and she's a big part of the ongoing story, so we'll either get something very bland, or juicy with spoilers as heck.

Also, I wonder how Elena did this year. I hope she improved! She could use more visibility, since she's generally kind of a wallflower in that respect. There, and occasionally acknowledged by those in the know, but not really looked at/talked about much.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally my policy for the CYL free pick has become "wait until I get three of the units, then use it to get the fourth". I do plan to spark on the banner in the meantime, I'll probably prioritize Gullveig just to add a new character to my barracks.

1 hour ago, ARMADS!!! said:

I seriously think that Soren will get the red slot, his Archsage version is probably being saved for his Legendary or even Ascendant version (and since he sounds like the character that potentialy could get both a legendary and ascendant, I think that his relation to (spoiler) might be saved for an alt like this too, which makes me think that his brave alt will probably have to go with relation with Ike and it'l be Soren with Ragnell), after all, unless they decide to give Chrom's Falchion to Robin or something like this, we don't have any very strong candidate to be red this year (unlike last year, that eveyone was wondering who'd get the sword) since Corrin will probably be a dragon (she has other options, of course, I just think that she'll be a dragon since the preference in heroes seems to be to make F!Corrin a dragon, I think that if it was M!Corrin he might had a greater chance of getting a sword, just like his legendary probably will get Omega Yato while F!Corrin was a colorless dragon... Gee, will she be a colorless dragon again? I hope not she already has 2 of these...) and Gullveig can be literally anything. If Robin gets the sword though, then Soren will get some random ass tome but I really think that they'll give him the sword and give something else to Robin (maybe even that weird Lucina lance that wasn't even a thing but now is because of Heroes when they couldn't give her the sword...).

Don't have a very strong candidate for red this year is a weird way of phrasing it. Since, even if Corrin has to be a dragon, literally all four characters can go red without it being contrived at all. Soren can have a red tome, Robin can have a red tome, Corrin can be a red dragon and Gullveig can be a red beast.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Robin gets the Tacticians Levin Sword or something.

That being said, I'd rather we get Soren stealing Gurgurant than Ragnell. We have too many Ragnells. At least one of Ike's alts should have gotten Ettard or Regal Sword by now. Actually, considering Soren's origins, Regal Sword would be an ironically good fit for him.

No matter what, my free pick will be either Robin or Soren, just depends on who looks better when the units are revealed later this year. As for Soren's potential outfits...Feh has shown time and again it doesn't care even one iota about spoilers from pre-Awakening games, don't expect any sensitivity in that area.

@Mercakete (I won't quote cause it's way too much and will make my response even longer),

Wow, I really liked your ideas. Even if I'd still rather Soren with Ragnell because I'm a sucker@ for the concept, I certainly wouldn't mind it if they made him like in one of the spoiler options you mentioned, actually I'd like it way enough to the point of not being salty at all that he he didn't get Ragnell (and this ideas are one more motive to be mad if he gets Random Ass Tome #03 instead of something cooler, unless it has something like eff against flying units at least... I don't think that only Adept would be enough to cover up for the deception althought I'd really like if it was on his weapon or skill too, regardless) and I have to admit that I even had to ponder for some moments about whether Soren with Ragnell was still the best scenario for me or if I liked your ideas more, they're really pretty close to being even better. In the end what I really DON'T think that will be is Soren getting the Archsage outfit since that's likely saved for his legendary (also I dare to guess that Soren is a very possible character to ger both a Legendary and an Ascendant alt, and I don't think tha IS will wanna take two ideas out of their asses so an Archsage inspired alt, with the white robe, is probably not an option for the Brave), at least that's what I think. This is all reminding me of how everyone went wild with ideas for how Brave Seliph could be inspired on Deirdre or Shannan, or even Julia and then he ended up being the most obvious thing possible, not only for being inspired on Sigurd, but for the outfit being a copy and paste of his father's too  (It didn't really bother me, it just looked so... vanilla, and if they do some shit like this to Soren, like making him an infantry green tome with a completely uninspired outfit + being inspired in one of his own classes... I'll be really disappointed, not mad but only because it's Soren's brave alt and I think that they'd have to screw it HARD to make me mad about this, but I'll be very, very disappointed if they make it very vanilla or uninteresting). 

About the others, I think that Corrin is obviously the one with more options going on (not counting Gullveig because we just don't know...) so she's probably going to get the color that is left after picking everyone else's now watch how she'll be a colorless dragon again, I don't think that they'll want to pick just one of the siblings to be represented by her so it'll either be a mix of them all somehow (probably just all from one side) or something that represents Azura and Valla (it'd be nice if Corrin had Azura's pendant and some fancy assist skill or special that works like Sing (or that resembles gray waves even)). I'm not sure if Azura has some kind of canon or iconic weapon type so if it was based on Azura, Corrin could still be a dragon (but have the pendant + a refresh skill and clothes based on Azura) or anything else that wouldn't get in the way of picking weapons for the rest of the characters. 

Robin has more than one good option too, could be Chrom's Falchion or Levin Sword(that could be either a sword or a dagger) or Grandmaster's class (although I think that one of the latter two must be saved for his legendary) or maybe even Lucina's weird ass lance or of course... The random ass tome. I'd really like it if was Levin sword as a dagger (maybe I'd prefer him getting Falchion if it wouldn't get in the way of Soren getting Ragnell though...)

I'd like if Gullveig had an outfit based on Njordr's (and it could work to reference Seidr's outfit too, if it was some stuff resembling the sea) but since we don't know enough about her it's still way to soon to know if that'd make sense. To be honest I have theories that the big bad of book VII will be someone else (but I won't get in details now since that's not Book VII's thread and 90% of people here won't care about this + maybe it'd be a long explanation + I'd have to write it all over again when I get to book VII's thread (I alread had a whole ass text almost ready to post there and it got erased when my tabs closed themselves so I got mad and decided to write it again only later)) and if I'm right then by the time the CYL units come, maybe we'd have seen enough of her for it to not contain many spoilers, either this or they'll just do something very vague or try to explore other aspects of her character that won't be important to the book's story, as much as possible. To be very honest, though... I wouldn't mind some juicy spoilers (or some juicy vague hints about her backstory to theorize the hell about it).

Hmmm, I don't know anything about Elena, but I'm glad too, for you, that she's doing better, since you use to hype her a lot (I find it nice when obscure characters get some love, I have my obscure favorites myself too). I guess that I only realized that she existed (since I haven't played FE9 and FE10) after I've seen someone mentioning that Ike had his mother's hair color and Misty had her dad's, and after seeing that you have this Elena Appreciation Thread on your signature and decided to look up who the hell is Elena (although I haven't read it yet because I don't want even more spoilers than I have, but it's on my list of things to do after I beat RD).

25 minutes ago, Othin said:

Personally my policy for the CYL free pick has become "wait until I get three of the units, then use it to get the fourth". I do plan to spark on the banner in the meantime, I'll probably prioritize Gullveig just to add a new character to my barracks.

That's usually what I do on CYL banners as well if I'm actually pulling on them. Save the free pick for last to use on whoever I didn't get/has a bad nature and only spark once. If I don't plan on pulling at all, I just grab the one I want the most and don't bother going past the free ticket pulls.

For this CYL I'm grabbing male Robin and not looking back.

21 minutes ago, Jotari said:

We have too many Ragnells. At least one of Ike's alts should have gotten Ettard or Regal Sword by now. Actually, considering Soren's origins, Regal Sword would be an ironically good fit for him.

I thought that Child Ike had the Regal Sword.

13 minutes ago, ARMADS!!! said:

Wow, I really liked your ideas. Even if I'd still rather Soren with Ragnell because I'm a sucker@ for the concept, I certainly wouldn't mind it if they made him like in one of the spoiler options you mentioned, actually I'd like it way enough to the point of not being salty at all that he he didn't get Ragnell (and this ideas are one more motive to be mad if he gets Random Ass Tome #03 instead of something cooler, unless it has something like eff against flying units at least... I don't think that only Adept would be enough to cover up for the deception althought I'd really like if it was on his weapon or skill too, regardless) and I have to admit that I even had to ponder for some moments about whether Soren with Ragnell was still the best scenario for me or if I liked your ideas more, they're really pretty close to being even better. In the end what I really DON'T think that will be is Soren getting the Archsage outfit since that's likely saved for his legendary (also I dare to guess that Soren is a very possible character to ger both a Legendary and an Ascendant alt, and I don't think tha IS will wanna take two ideas out of their asses so an Archsage inspired alt, with the white robe, is probably not an option for the Brave), at least that's what I think. This is all reminding me of how everyone went wild with ideas for how Brave Seliph could be inspired on Deirdre or Shannan, or even Julia and then he ended up being the most obvious thing possible, not only for being inspired on Sigurd, but for the outfit being a copy and paste of his father's too  (It didn't really bother me, it just looked so... vanilla, and if they do some shit like this to Soren, like making him an infantry green tome with a completely uninspired outfit + being inspired in one of his own classes... I'll be really disappointed, not mad but only because it's Soren's brave alt and I think that they'd have to screw it HARD to make me mad about this, but I'll be very, very disappointed if they make it very vanilla or uninteresting). 

About the others, I think that Corrin is obviously the one with more options going on (not counting Gullveig because we just don't know...) so she's probably going to get the color that is left after picking everyone else's now watch how she'll be a colorless dragon again, I don't think that they'll want to pick just one of the siblings to be represented by her so it'll either be a mix of them all somehow (probably just all from one side) or something that represents Azura and Valla (it'd be nice if Corrin had Azura's pendant and some fancy assist skill or special that works like Sing (or that resembles gray waves even)). I'm not sure if Azura has some kind of canon or iconic weapon type so if it was based on Azura, Corrin could still be a dragon (but have the pendant + a refresh skill and clothes based on Azura) or anything else that wouldn't get in the way of picking weapons for the rest of the characters. 

Robin has more than one good option too, could be Chrom's Falchion or Levin Sword(that could be either a sword or a dagger) or Grandmaster's class (although I think that one of the latter two must be saved for his legendary) or maybe even Lucina's weird ass lance or of course... The random ass tome. I'd really like it if was Levin sword as a dagger (maybe I'd prefer him getting Falchion if it wouldn't get in the way of Soren getting Ragnell though...)

I'd like if Gullveig had an outfit based on Njordr's (and it could work to reference Seidr's outfit too, if it was some stuff resembling the sea) but since we don't know enough about her it's still way to soon to know if that'd make sense. To be honest I have theories that the big bad of book VII will be someone else (but I won't get in details now since that's not Book VII's thread and 90% of people here won't care about this + maybe it'd be a long explanation + I'd have to write it all over again when I get to book VII's thread (I alread had a whole ass text almost ready to post there and it got erased when my tabs closed themselves so I got mad and decided to write it again only later)) and if I'm right then by the time the CYL units come, maybe we'd have seen enough of her for it to not contain many spoilers, either this or they'll just do something very vague or try to explore other aspects of her character that won't be important to the book's story, as much as possible. To be very honest, though... I wouldn't mind some juicy spoilers (or some juicy vague hints about her backstory to theorize the hell about it).

Hmmm, I don't know anything about Elena, but I'm glad too, for you, that she's doing better, since you use to hype her a lot (I find it nice when obscure characters get some love, I have my obscure favorites myself too). I guess that I only realized that she existed (since I haven't played FE9 and FE10) after I've seen someone mentioning that Ike had his mother's hair color and Misty had her dad's, and after seeing that you have this Elena Appreciation Thread on your signature and decided to look up who the hell is Elena (although I haven't read it yet because I don't want even more spoilers than I have, but it's on my list of things to do after I beat RD).

Thank you! I'm really glad you liked those ideas so much. ^_^

Personally, I hope we don't get Soren inspired by Ike, but that's primarily because of my pipe dream of getting Brave Elena with a cleric outfit inspired by Ike's ranger outfit, heheh. That said, I don't know if Soren wielding Ragnel would make sense. Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but aren't there requirements to being able to use that sword? Story ones, not gameplay ones. I don't quite remember (there are a lot of picky swords in FE, like how I think only certain people are allowed to wield Falchion, and the Royal Sword from Valentia will only allow royalty to wield it.)

As for Soren's arcsage outfit, I mean, he still has his sage outfit to fall back on (which also looks great) but the sad thing is that I don't think he'll get a legendary/rearmed/ascended alt, sadly. There's hope, but it would also be nice just to have all his neat outfits in Heroes (just like how I keep wanting Ike's lord outfit in heroes and it keeps. not. happening.) I guess I just don't have that strong a hope, even though I would like it.

Azura canonically wields a lance. The box art shows her with a Blessed Lance. I don't think it gets more specific than that, though.

Sorry to hear your post was eaten. It's fun how rambunctious your posts tend to be. X3 You get so passionate and imaginative! I look forward to reading it when you get to posting it in the Book 7 thread.

As for Elena, heheh, I still campaign for her, but I try to keep it at a nice balance between informative/attention-grabbing, and not annoying/spammy. She has her own cool story, but it never gets super highlighted in her home games. You're welcome to read my analysis in that thread whenever you want to take advantage of it. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy RD. 🙂

4 hours ago, Mercakete said:

I thought that Child Ike had the Regal Sword.

Thank you! I'm really glad you liked those ideas so much. ^_^

Personally, I hope we don't get Soren inspired by Ike, but that's primarily because of my pipe dream of getting Brave Elena with a cleric outfit inspired by Ike's ranger outfit, heheh. That said, I don't know if Soren wielding Ragnel would make sense. Maybe I'm not remembering it right, but aren't there requirements to being able to use that sword? Story ones, not gameplay ones. I don't quite remember (there are a lot of picky swords in FE, like how I think only certain people are allowed to wield Falchion, and the Royal Sword from Valentia will only allow royalty to wield it.)

As for Soren's arcsage outfit, I mean, he still has his sage outfit to fall back on (which also looks great) but the sad thing is that I don't think he'll get a legendary/rearmed/ascended alt, sadly. There's hope, but it would also be nice just to have all his neat outfits in Heroes (just like how I keep wanting Ike's lord outfit in heroes and it keeps. not. happening.) I guess I just don't have that strong a hope, even though I would like it.

Azura canonically wields a lance. The box art shows her with a Blessed Lance. I don't think it gets more specific than that, though.

Sorry to hear your post was eaten. It's fun how rambunctious your posts tend to be. X3 You get so passionate and imaginative! I look forward to reading it when you get to posting it in the Book 7 thread.

As for Elena, heheh, I still campaign for her, but I try to keep it at a nice balance between informative/attention-grabbing, and not annoying/spammy. She has her own cool story, but it never gets super highlighted in her home games. You're welcome to read my analysis in that thread whenever you want to take advantage of it. In the meantime, I hope you enjoy RD. 🙂

Baby Ike's sword is called the Sturdy War Sword. At least in English. And I don't see them really getting  a mistranslation on it considering Regal Sword is phonetically rendered English in the Japanese version.

Having a look at the images though, they do actually seem a bit similar. They both have a red ribbon on their handle and the same sort of crossguard. Though Sturdy War Sword also has a huge diamond in the middle, is vaguely lavender and doesn't have the Regal Sword's effective damage. So that might be coincidence. 

Edited by Jotari

Wow, I'm shocked to see Deirdre in the top 200 - #180 at 329 votes, tied with Fafnir. Which is to say she'll never have a chance at all. Man, I can't even dream with an ascended version. The pain.

As for what I'll like to see vs what we'll probably get for designs:

Soren - the mage of the batch for sure. I have no familiarity with him or the Tellius games though, so i can't really make any guesses about him myself.

Robin - Levin sword? nah. It would have to be a dagger in the style of L!Shez. Not seeing it happening as a straight sword.  But a mage again would be playing too safe. I think there's a better chance to go the Shez route than one might think.

Gullveig - they can literally do anything. I like her design from the minute I saw her, and i don't mean the obvious-fanservice side of it. I do like the colors they went with and she has a pretty mystical aura. I cannot for the love of me venture even a guess at what sort of personality they will give her or what kind of background they'll go with. This is absolutely wild and I'm loving it. I wish i could  be listening in onto the design meetings they'll be having to decide what to do with her.

Corrin - after thinking about it today, I realize what I would want the most would be a either a lance dancer or dragon dancer version, taking after Azura, as many have already commented here. I really miss the dancer banners from a couple years back since those designs where the best in the game to me as I'm a huge fan of gala-style, elegant, formal-wear designs and it just makes me sad that we'll never get them again. Giving her a dancer role/outfit would be the only way we'll ever see her in such an outfit, and it fits in perfectly with the common theme of honoring family/friends that they almost always go for in these banners anyways. The chances of her getting an Omega-Yato version are too high since it makes things the most convenient for IS because then they'll just give us mage Robin.

2 hours ago, Sil/phire said:

Robin - Levin sword? nah. It would have to be a dagger in the style of L!Shez. Not seeing it happening as a straight sword.  But a mage again would be playing too safe. I think there's a better chance to go the Shez route than one might think.

Gangrel predates Shez on that front. At least with the levin sword part of it. Though I'm not sure if that makes Levin Sword Robin more ore less likely.

5 hours ago, Jotari said:

Baby Ike's sword is called the Sturdy War Sword. At least in English. And I don't see them really getting  a mistranslation on it considering Regal Sword is phonetically rendered English in the Japanese version.

Having a look at the images though, they do actually seem a bit similar. They both have a red ribbon on their handle and the same sort of crossguard. Though Sturdy War Sword also has a huge diamond in the middle, is vaguely lavender and doesn't have the Regal Sword's effective damage. So that might be coincidence. 

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure, but I guess that was obvious by how I worded it (which was intentional.) Maybe the canon behind the Sturdy War Sword is that it's an earlier version of the Regal Sword before years of damage and repair? It would explain why it has such commonalities in design. Anyway, it makes for a fun headcanon if nothing else.

So I've tallied up all the votes from CYL7 and I've found that 439,118 votes have been cast this year. Which means Soren and Robin together compose 4% of the total number of votes each. How does that compare to previous years? Uh...no idea. Working on that now. But it takes hours to input all that data into spread sheets. Dreading doing year 1 as it will involve adding together all the votes that should have been combined. I'm sure someone has compiled a list of what CYL1 should have been like by now though.

23 hours ago, Jotari said:

So I've tallied up all the votes from CYL7 and I've found that 439,118 votes have been cast this year. Which means Soren and Robin together compose 4% of the total number of votes each. How does that compare to previous years? Uh...no idea. Working on that now. But it takes hours to input all that data into spread sheets. Dreading doing year 1 as it will involve adding together all the votes that should have been combined. I'm sure someone has compiled a list of what CYL1 should have been like by now though.

I don't know the full exact tally or anything, but I do know that if all votes on the men's side had been combined as they should have, then Marth would have been in 4th place in the Men's Division, behind Ike, Roy, and Hector but ahead of Chrom and everyone else. And on the women's side, Lucina still would have been in 2nd place to Lyn's 1st even with her Masked Marth votes combined in.

21 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I don't know the full exact tally or anything, but I do know that if all votes on the men's side had been combined as they should have, then Marth would have been in 4th place in the Men's Division, behind Ike, Roy, and Hector but ahead of Chrom and everyone else. And on the women's side, Lucina still would have been in 2nd place to Lyn's 1st even with her Masked Marth votes combined in.

Yeah, I think the top places are fairly well known. I'm just hoping people have bothered to add up how popular Shadow Dragon Etzel+New Mystery Etzel and the like are before now.

On 2/2/2023 at 10:36 AM, Etrurian emperor said:

Oof! Ludveck only got like....eight votes. That's a shame because he's actually a pretty good antagonist for Elincia. Also Lekain just has 16 votes.

That could be a good thing in retrospective, depending how the Rising Heroes stuff ended up working out.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:36 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

Oof! Ludveck only got like....eight votes. That's a shame because he's actually a pretty good antagonist for Elincia. Also Lekain just has 16 votes.

So, how are you feeling now? XD

Heroes has once again proved that votes mean nothing when you are a villain. They will just add you whenever they want.

Outside of Rising Hero, it seems hard to imagine Alder getting in before Jarod. But Part 1 has enough characters for multiple banners - if Heroes even lasts that long.

6 hours ago, GrandeRampel said:

So, how are you feeling now? XD

Heroes has once again proved that votes mean nothing when you are a villain. They will just add you whenever they want.

Or just refuse to add you for a headscratchingly long time (hi, Nergal).

Hey, at least it isn't only Nergal. IS seems to not care for several of the other Gharnef types either (Jedah, Manfroy, Validar, Thales).

Jedah in particular is pretty much the main antagonist of Gaiden / Echoes, but despite that we got an unfunny, dead on arrival of a unit meme as the previous Valentia GHB instead.

49 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Hey, at least it isn't only Nergal. IS seems to not care for several of the other Gharnef types either (Jedah, Manfroy, Validar, Thales).

Jedah in particular is pretty much the main antagonist of Gaiden / Echoes, but despite that we got an unfunny, dead on arrival of a unit meme as the previous Valentia GHB instead.

Yeah, those have been bothering me for a while. At least Veld got in, that was a nice surprise. I'd been really pessimistic about him.

Nergal seems to be a lot more popular than those four, though. Funny enough, he got almost as many votes on CYL7 as the rest of them combined. (74+36+113+133=356 vs 295)

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Haven't got base Rudolf for Shadows of Valentia either, which feela sort of weird given how complete Shadows of Valentia's roster is. And yeah, Desaix too.