Lekain's Death

So it turns out it isn't just the Black Knight who's situation is written differently in the Japanese version. The Japanese version of Radiant Dawn implies that the Lekain we fight in the tower of Guidance is a reanimated corpse. 

When threatening Pelleas with the blood pact Pelleas responds with this
“Your empty threats no longer intimidate me. The citizens of Daein have all turned into statues. Besides, I don’t understand why, but the proof of the blood pact on my arm has began to fade. This can only mean the blood pact is starting to lose its power. Lord Lekain… pray tell, is it because you died once before?”

Weirdly enough Lekain responds positively to this and answers that he's indeed supposed to be dead. I guess being revived by Ashera would explain Lekain being a born again goddess worshipper, and it would give his delusions of being a messiahs figure some merit, but its still such a weird thing to include. In an optional conversation the game tells us that the main villain randomly died somewhere in part 3 without anyone in the world really noticing, and that he's brought back as a zombie for the final act. Lekain being dead would give the Daein characters a solution to the blood pact, but everyone in Daein being turned to stone already does that so I'm not sure what the point was.

And who killed Lekain then? Did he die in the riots Sephiran orchestrated at the end of part 3? Did Sanaki kill him during her escape and just forgot to mention it, or did he randomly get ill and died?

50 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Maybe for all the Blood Pact cares, the petrification and reanimation counted as a death and revival? Since being turned into stone could might as well be dead.

Yeah, I'm inclined to think that this is the case; rather than having literally died and been reanimated, Pelleas and Lekain are referring to Lekain having been turned to stone and then turned back to normal by Ashera.

It's worth remembering that, before the heroes enter the Tower of Guidance, Ashera is shown reanimating corpses of soldiers the heroes killed earlier in Part 4, and these reanimated corpses are heavily implied to be mindless as result; Yune refers to them in the NA localization as, "reborn in flesh but not in spirit".