Hi there!

ShadyCat

It was tempting to join the discussion, so here I am!

My first FE game was Shadow Dragon for DS, but I only really got into the series with Awakening. Currently playing Shadow Dragon and really enjoying it this time around now that I know what I'm doing.

Other than that, I played and completed all the 3DS games, Three Houses, Three Hopes and also the FE7 Eliwood route. I got pretty far into Sacred Stones, too, but I need to pick it up again.

I also really enjoy JRPGs in general, and have a long backlog. I don't think I will ever fully finish it, but at least I won't ever run out of games.

Welcome to the Forest, ShadyCat!

48 minutes ago, ShadyCat said:

I also really enjoy JRPGs in general, and have a long backlog. I don't think I will ever fully finish it, but at least I won't ever run out of games.

Same here. Sadly. And it doesn't help that J-RPGs take quite some time to complete too.

Anyway, have a nice day and enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the Serenity Forest of all things Serene, ShadyCat! A fellow fan of RPGs, I see… Got a favorite? Mine would have to be Persona 5 Royal. I love the mix of dungeon (or as the game calls them: Palaces) exploration and social life. It just blends together nicely. Best 120 hours I’ve ever spent in an RPG. 

Alas, I also have a big backlog of games that I have yet to finish. But I’m slowly chipping away at it so progress is being made! 

6 hours ago, ShadyCat said:

It was tempting to join the discussion, so here I am!

My first FE game was Shadow Dragon for DS, but I only really got into the series with Awakening. Currently playing Shadow Dragon and really enjoying it this time around now that I know what I'm doing.

Other than that, I played and completed all the 3DS games, Three Houses, Three Hopes and also the FE7 Eliwood route. I got pretty far into Sacred Stones, too, but I need to pick it up again.

Welcome aboard

Cut my teeth on the original Dragon Warrior and Final Fantasy way back when and just stuck with it, but only discovered Fire Emblem kinda recently. Honestly didn’t think I’d like it as much as it turned out, but I liked it enough to join up here

On 1/15/2023 at 3:30 PM, CyberZord said:

A fellow fan of RPGs, I see… Got a favorite? Mine would have to be Persona 5 Royal. I love the mix of dungeon (or as the game calls them: Palaces) exploration and social life. It just blends together nicely. Best 120 hours I’ve ever spent in an RPG. 

Sorry for the late answer! You're asking a tough question. Not sure I can pick just 1 RPG that is my all-time favorite. 

Some past faves were: Final Fantasy 10 and 7 (love 6, too). But also Persona 3 and 4 or stuff like Kartia and Wild Arms 4. I also really loved Grandia 2, Devil Survivor 1 and 2 and Radiant Historia. And the fave of many Chrono Trigger.

I have played the vanilla version of P5, though I got kinda stuck in Haru's dungeon and have yet to pick it up again. It's a pretty good game though!

Welcome to Airport 1001... oops, I mean SF. I like RPGs myself. Mostly the Tales games (even if they can be a nightmare for completionists), though there are others. 

4 hours ago, ShadyCat said:

Kartia

...??? I don't even know that one...

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

...??? I don't even know that one...

It's a PS1 strategy JRPG with with Yoshitaka Amano character designs, two story paths that overlap a bit (plot and cast is pretty good). The game system is human characters plus monsters and spells you summon with cards. The monsters have a rock/paper/scissor system in how they work against each other.