Engage Leak Thread *CAUTION: SPOILERS AHOY*

Azz

I heard that for certain characters, if alear does not romance them, their end cards...

Spoiler

imply they get in relationships with specific other characters who alear doesnt choose. 

I was wondering if anyone has info on this? I'm curious to know what characters end up potentially being in "canon" relationships or friendship life partners together when Alear does not get between them?

Edited by Flowl
punctuation

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, Keikyushi said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I have read comments on Twitter about some localization controversy. Is there really any such thing?

Supposedly, the localization removed the implications of romance from the S-supports of characters age 17 or younger. And yes, plenty of people online have shown anger and/or disappointment at this. Some are just confused why Alear(17 in game) can marry guys in their 30s or 40s, but not fellow 17 year olds

14 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

Supposedly, the localization removed the implications of romance from the S-supports of characters age 17 or younger. And yes, plenty of people online have shown anger and/or disappointment at this. Some are just confused why Alear(17 in game) can marry guys in their 30s or 40s, but not fellow 17 year olds

I mean, if any of the datamined Japanese language texts are true, then it's not "supposedly", it's quite a fact. I personally don't care, because I'm not playing the game in Eng anyway (either Spanish or JP to learn), but it seems like a rather stupid and gratuitiously controversial move. Both  the fact that they censored Alear romancing 17 year olds and also the fact that they had to put their ages anyway. Just the fact ythat you have children in your army lol

57 minutes ago, Metal Flash said:

Very stupid especially since 

Spoiler

You can’t even see the ages in game plus those characters have in game birthdays so they could’ve easily bump up their ages at least which they have done before. I can completely understand characters like Anna and Jean(which should at least gotten a “I can wait a while” kinda deal)but this is just outright dumb . Thankfully some of my favorite characters that I CAN romance weren’t affected but it doesn’t excuse this . Honestly not surprised since their track record isn’t that good to begin with especially with other series like Kirby as well. It speaks volumes that even me someone who doesn’t work for NoA can find an easy workaround tweaking in a matter of mins…

Edited by Chloé Waifu Supremacy

1 hour ago, Flowl said:

I heard that for certain characters, if alear does not romance them, their end cards...

Reveal hidden contents

imply they get in relationships with specific other characters who alear doesnt choose. 

I was wondering if anyone has info on this? I'm curious to know what characters end up potentially being in "canon" relationships or friendship life partners together when Alear does not get between them?

It's genuinely not true. 

Spoiler

No one romances anyone. At most, the retainers just go back to doing their job with their respective royals, and that only applies to some, like Kagetsu.

1 hour ago, Keikyushi said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I have read comments on Twitter about some localization controversy. Is there really any such thing?

Yeah, as others brought up, the English script downplays A LOT of romances, not just between the younger characters. It tries to Kana Friendzone a lot of would-be-romantic implications, even some of the reviewers picked up that it makes the romances feel more fake and an an afterthought than it normally would be.

Treehouse botching things up is nothing new. They need to stop giving them games lol

Personally, I don't mind too much. I know what I'm here for and these script discrepancies will not impact my experience much. Sides the only S support I need is Momphir

34 minutes ago, Chloé Waifu Supremacy said:

Very stupid especially since 

Hide contents

You can’t even see the ages in game plus those characters have in game birthdays so they could’ve easily bump up their ages at least which they have done before. I can completely understand characters like Anna and Jean(which should at least gotten a “I can wait a while” kinda deal)but this is just outright dumb . Thankfully some of my favorite characters that I CAN romance weren’t affected but it doesn’t excuse this . Honestly not surprised since their track record isn’t that good to begin with especially with other series like Kirby as well. It speaks volumes that even me someone who doesn’t work for NoA can find an easy workaround tweaking in a matter of mins…

It is pretty dumb, but that is the way the cookie crumbles sadly. There are a couple of characters I wanted to romance who are affected by this, but it`s no big deal. Romance ain`t all I play these games for.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Treehouse botching things up is nothing new. They need to stop giving them games lol

Personally, I don't mind too much. I know what I'm here for and these script discrepancies will not impact my experience much. Sides the only S support I need is Momphir

Not only did they regress the story to Awakening levels they got the Fates translators back lol

21 minutes ago, Mizerous said:

Not only did they regress the story to Awakening levels they got the Fates translators back lol

F

Oh well. As long as gameplay good, I'll be satisfied.

No but seriously stop giving Treehouse games

4 minutes ago, BoydSteakhouse said:

Any word on the emblem engraving effects? I'm curious to see how broken some might be 

They seem rather balanced

Spoiler

Micaiah actually reduced the weapons might by 3, and each one can only be on one weapon at a time.

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

They seem rather balanced

Hide contents

Micaiah actually reduced the weapons might by 3, and each one can only be on one weapon at a time.

I know Lyn's grants Crit + 30 and even if it's a one-off bonus paired with the right weapon and character and you got yourself a nice little critter on your hands 🪲🪲

I moreso meant broken in how they might be used for specific builds to really max out a certain stat. Also there's weapon forging on top of that as per usual so I'm just eager to see how OP I can make a given weapon

On 1/16/2023 at 1:17 PM, KoriCongo said:

From what I'm reading, most of the actual ending slides are pretty platonic. No hugging, no kissing. Think more Edelgard x Hubert than anything. Haven't seen the Epilogue scenes outside of Anna yet, which very much does have you as her business partner and not much else.

People have said that the most romantic for mlm pairings are Alfred and Diamant, and flf are Ivy, Merrin, and Jade, but I need to verify it myself.

EDIT: Speaking of things to verify, need to look into that DLC Emblem deal. Someone on 4chan already said it was a joke they made and now everyone is eating it up, but Vincent also said he can see where the DLC folder is.

Whelp I’m marrying Diamant, that’s hubby right there

On 1/16/2023 at 2:54 PM, Azz said:

Just got it! All cgs, including confession here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15b-Vw2yGxLNH92NiY-4X09aVSJ3HkFox

So I take it Fates Anna is the mother or sister of Awakening and Engage Anna.

1 hour ago, eric23443219091 said:

so they went fates route instead awakening route wack and so sombra is altear father also why does jp call protagonist differently why is mc name ryu dragon in English they even call him ryu instead name by game developers even in interview

They just really like changing the main character's name to something more English/"pronounceable" since Awakening, even if it loses the actual meaning of the original name.
Reflet > Robin
Kamui > Corrin
Bereto/Beresu > Byleth (though that one is justified, since that's the intended Ars Goetia/Pseudomonarchia Daemonum reference)
Leur > Alear (You can say this is close, but definitely misses the point).

also does alear and byle can transform into their dragon form in battle or naw? if not that mad disappointing and dlc should add more dragons lol

No Dragon Form, unfortunately. Maybe we'll see a manakete/beastkin in the DLC Story, but nothing here.

Spoiler

Plotwise, you already gave up your Fell Dragonstone for being evil. 
Instead, Alear becomes and gains their own Emblem.

also does alear and byle can transform into their dragon form in battle or naw? if not that mad disappointing and dlc should add more dragons lol

Spoiler

Nope. It is a shame we've had two games in a row with most dragons introduced going dragonless (though in Macuil and Indech's case, they went humanless!) but we at least have Tiki if you want to pretend Alear can transform...though you'll have to cough up some dough to roleplay that out.

If I'm honest, I'm more disappointed that Alear isn't allowed to just be a Fell Dragon that defected and stays the race they were born as. I dislike the fact that Divine Dragons (or Ice Dragons in Elibe) are the only ones allowed to be good or nuanced in the series. Plus it gave Alear their wack as hell hair. I really dig that super red look they were born with.

Edited by WindSentinel
Typos.

so they went fates route instead awakening route wack and so sombra is altear father also why does jp call protagonist differently why is mc name ryu dragon in English they even call him ryu instead name by game developers even in interview

Spoiler

I KNEW IT. Honestly been waiting on a FE Dragon protag who would be the child of both the evil Fell/Demon dragon and the divine dragon or whatever other Manakete species there are and I finally got it, sadly neither are Dragonstone/Breath lords but a sword and mage lord 😭 first Corrin and then Alear + Veyle, just constant disappointments + they don’t even have the Manakete ears nor do their parents have their dragon powers, Lumera has a freaking sword for crying out loud in her heroes alt

2 minutes ago, DivineDragon_Goddess said:
  Hide contents

I KNEW IT. Honestly been waiting on a FE Dragon protag who would be the child of both the evil Fell/Demon dragon and the divine dragon or whatever other Manakete species there are and I finally got it, sadly neither are Dragonstone/Breath lords but a sword and mage lord 😭 first Corrin and then Alear + Veyle, just constant disappointments + they don’t even have the Manakete ears nor do their parents have their dragon powers, Lumera has a freaking sword for crying out loud in her heroes alt

Spoiler

Actually, Lumera ISN'T Alear or Veyle's mother at all.

Sombron just bred A LOT, he had dozens of kids being imprisoned in Elyos (he's actually from an entire 'nother world). Most of them died either by his hands or the fear of the Elysians. Lumera is just a war hero that adopted Alear after Sombron's attempt to kill him failed.