What does the Badges work from the new update?

King Marth 64

When I just came back to SF Forums today after the update was completely done, I just noticed that the entire Forum section was looked very brand new and I did just noticed that we have a new Badge System appeared in the site. I did notice that all of us have the starting rank as Newbie, but I do know that merely most of us in the site aren't exactly newbies since I did joined in around 2011. (I haven't seen anyone had posted a thread talking about it) But how does the ranking actually works like getting to the Rookie and so on? Is it like based on posting stuff on any threads we desire to do merely how much we progress on like Far of the Forest as an example, correct? (I'm not technically one of those people focused on earning badges for online stuff.)

Edit: It appeared that I managed get a message saying that I just earned a "Conversation Starter" badge after I posted this thread.

Edited by King Marth 64

2 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

>be me
>start pages worth of threads
>don't have a badge for starting threads

Truly truly nobody thought this out.

What type of badges did you managed to get recently so far? I'm kind of curious to know.

Edited by King Marth 64

5 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I got one for making 500 posts, which was kind of funny.

I got one for being a member for a year but I've been on this site longer than that lol, but I love the new update it's all chic and new

5 minutes ago, AnonymousSpeed said:

I got one for making 500 posts, which was kind of funny.

What was the name of the badge?

Also, I did take a look at the list of staff to check out what their badge rank was and they had badges marked as "Newbies" which that kind of feels really confusing for the system wise if actual newcomers get confused in their first time in the site seeing the badge rank like Admins have promoting Newcomers as Admins which reality it does not work like that.

5 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

What was the name of the badge?

Also, I did take a look at the list of staff to check out what their badge rank was and they had badges marked as "Newbies" which that kind of feels really confusing for the system wise if actual newcomers get confused in their first time in the site seeing the badge rank like Admins have promoting Newcomers as Admins which reality it does not work like that.

They have a little shield, I think.

Ok so it looks like I just went up two ranks so far and became an apprentice rank as of right now. It does looks like the Badge stuff is more on for posting on Forums. Did anyone tried out the Badge stuff actually works outside of threads like Messages, Chat, and other stuff?

39 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Ok so it looks like I just went up two ranks so far and became an apprentice rank as of right now. It does looks like the Badge stuff is more on for posting on Forums. Did anyone tried out the Badge stuff actually works outside of threads like Messages, Chat, and other stuff?

We have an chat?

18 minutes ago, Armchair General said:

We have an chat?

I think we might have? But it was so long what to remembered what we still had or what was taken out years ago.

Also, it looked like I managed to gain two new ranks. I did taken a look at my profile that it did said something about I'm Top 2% of all members. Does anyone think what does that implied to in Top Ranking? Is it supposed to be implying that like I'm one of the Top Ranked User of the Forums in the Ranking System or is it something else?

Edit: I just noticed that I saw there is an Info Icon said that this is used by Percentage of calculated against community members by points.

Edited by King Marth 64

I'm sure it'll eventually catch up and accumulate to reach the point where most members actually are in terms of posts, topics started, etc. I dunno what kind of functionality it'll have, but honestly, it doesn't really need any. Looks like just a fun little neat thing.

3 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I did taken a look at my profile that it did said something about I'm Top 2% of all members. Does anyone think what does that implied to in Top Ranking

I think it's because it's factoring in the people who were banned and the hundreds of inactive accounts, in addition to the regulars who haven't logged in, yet

I mean, you don't have to worry about it. It doesn't really do much other than show often you post, which doesn't really matter.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Okay so apparently that I just went to become Grand Master rank in the Badge System. I just noticed the Grand Master Badge doesn’t show the Post Counts left for Grand Master anymore unlike the other thirteen badges does showed the Post Count depending on how much we earned to get to the next badge. I do know Grand Master Badge is the last badge in the entire 14 badges, I figured that the post counts would get removed for Grand Master.

Edited by King Marth 64