Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What in the name of Hel does poison do?? Because Alfred and Chloe got poisoned when I tried chapter 5 before I got tired and turned the game off.

Edited by Shadow Mir

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

What in the name of Hel does poison do?? Because Alfred and Chloe got poisoned when I tried chapter 5 before I got tired and turned the game off.

Units who are poisoned take more damage, it doesn't deal damage per turn nor does it go away with using an antitoxin or restore.

2 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Units who are poisoned take more damage, it doesn't deal damage per turn nor does it go away with using an antitoxin or restore.

Alright then. Also, I guess that was supposed to be without.

Anyways, is it just me, or are the aggro lines in this game frigging useless???

Just now, Shadow Mir said:

Alright then. Also, I guess that was supposed to be without.

Yes, my bad it was without. The aggro line when moving show you are in that enemy's ranged but it's not always who they are gonna attack.

I do have a question, does anyone know if Linage stacks with Mentorship and if Mentorship stacks with itself?

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I have a question about Clanne and his pickles. In Fates the localisation gave Hisame a pickle obsession purely for the lulz. Is that the case with Clanne too, or did he breed pickles in the japanese version too?

Well, playing with Japanese audio, I've seen the world "pickle" (using the actual English word, yes) mentioned by him at least once so far... so looks like it.

Does anyone fully understand the proficiency system ?

I guess blue Prf are innate and white one gained via things like emblems, current class.

For example, Alfred has a blue Lance and a white Sword. Why does he have a Sword Prf ? My Marth didn't give it to him.

Same for Chloé and her Staff Prf.

Does anyone know ? Is it given to you so you can promote easily with those characters ?

If so, why give Clanne Sword Prf lol ? Without emblems Prf, he cannot promote.

Okay yes for those who want to grind Linage and Mentorship stack for 40% more exp.

20 minutes ago, CompteSecours said:

Does anyone fully understand the proficiency system ?

I guess blue Prf are innate and white one gained via things like emblems, current class.

For example, Alfred has a blue Lance and a white Sword. Why does he have a Sword Prf ? My Marth didn't give it to him.

Same for Chloé and her Staff Prf.

Does anyone know ? Is it given to you so you can promote easily with those characters ?

If so, why give Clanne Sword Prf lol ? Without emblems Prf, he cannot promote.

The blue is their natural Prf, meaning that if they are in a class that uses that weapon it's one rank higher. Like Warrior only has A Axe and C Bow but if you make Anna one (she has a blue bow Prf) she will have A Axe and B Bow instead.

Alfred and Clanne have Sword Prf so they can promote, Alfred needs Lance and Sword for Avenir and Tome/Sword for Clanne lets him be a Mage Knight.

Edited by ciphertul

On using the Time Crystal, does it give a chance for things to play out differently like in SoV, or does it require me to deviate from my original course of action to change really bad outcomes like in 3H?

8 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

They don't tell you what an enemy will do, just what they can do. So it's a quick reference to see what enemies you're potentially in range of, not something predictive like 3H.

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

On using the Time Crystal, does it give a chance for things to play out differently like in SoV, or does it require me to deviate from my original course of action to change really bad outcomes like in 3H?

I ate a crit at a very low percentage and I was able to replicate it after rewinding.  I think the RNG stays the same, so you'll need to deviate from your original course of action.

6 hours ago, duelistjp said:

has it been confirmed that promotion does not effect exp gain now?  saw people saying exp gained was now based on total levels gained and promoting doesn't add levels to the counter.  if so it would be best to master seal at lvl 10 right?

I just tried with Alear T1 lvl12 and T2 lvl1. They gained the same amount of xp.

I think I will promote when I can in this game, since there is no skill for base class.

14 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

1. For those that preordered the game from Gamestop, has the game arrived? 

2. Without plot spoilers, what is the maximum number of units you can bring to the final chapter?

1. My Gamestop Divine Edition order is set to arrive on Monday.

2. I can't verify this but I looked around on feg and someone said it's Alear+13

So about heavy weaponry. Is there actually...a point to it?

Okay, so you can smash enemies a tile away and do an extra bit of damage. Okay. But you can't double attack and the enemy always attacks first, I believe even doing both of their attacks first if they double you. So it seems to me its got a very situational advantage and crippling drawbacks. 

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Okay, so you can smash enemies a tile away and do an extra bit of damage. Okay. But you can't double attack and the enemy always attacks first, I believe even doing both of their attacks first if they double you. So it seems to me its got a very situational advantage and crippling drawbacks. 

They have really high might, so really good if you can't double. Like a Sliver Sword has 12 might while a Sliver Blade has 24.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Good might (times 2 their equivalent), can knock back and veeeeery useful in ennemy phase.

22 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Antitoxin does clear poison...kind of. So I used it to clear poison in my game and it went away, but I noticed that Poison can actually have multiple stacks to increase damage. What I am guessing is when you use it you had more than one stack, so I am inferring that Poison cleanse can only clear one stack of poison...that said, I hope Restore can clear the whole stack, because that would make Restore staves significantly weaker.

7 hours ago, CompteSecours said:

I just tried with Alear T1 lvl12 and T2 lvl1. They gained the same amount of xp.

I think I will promote when I can in this game, since there is no skill for base class.

Tbh, I feel like promoting at ASAP in this game would be best tbh. Seeing as how second seals can bring you back to level 1 of your current class once you hit level 20, I don't see promoting early would have any downsides, especially considering how base classes don't really offer anything

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

I ate a crit at a very low percentage and I was able to replicate it after rewinding.  I think the RNG stays the same, so you'll need to deviate from your original course of action.

Huh. Same here. In fact, eating a low percentage crit was why I asked in the first place.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Shoms just a round Lilith aint it. Blue, White, dash of orange...

6 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Extra damage if the enemy is broken?

Is Poison +1/2/3 damage?