Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Imuabicus said:

As I understand lower difficulties allow you to do skirmishes and gather ressources? Which benefits from the country donations? So since you can´t grind on maddening it´s probably not worth doing it, even with the post battle exploration?

The S ranked Greatlance, S ranked Arts and S ranked Bow are all locked behind donations.

Playing on maddening. Do any of the three tower of trials activities give experience (either during or after)? I.e. do you gain experience during the fights and are you able to retain it? Want to make sure I’m not missing out on a couple levels every time I go back to base.

Edited by louis_emblem

1 hour ago, azaleo said:

Hi there, do someone know if critical animations diverse from one character to another for the same class? for example if the critical hit for Chloe as archer will look exactly as Eties

Animations are typically locked to their classes, so with your example, yes chloe should have the same animations as etie as an archer.

13 minutes ago, louis_emblem said:

Playing on maddening. Do any of the three tower of trials activities give experience (either during or after)? I.e. do you gain experience during the fights and are you able to retain it? Want to make sure I’m not missing out on a couple levels every time I go back to base.

Relay trials give no EXP on Hard mode, so I would expect it to be the same in Maddening.

Somewhere I lost Alfred during my play through because it is not showing up on my list, but I don't remember anyone dying. Anybody else having this issue? I may have just missed it who knows, but just want to check with the group.

On 1/21/2023 at 9:37 PM, duelistjp said:

has it been confirmed that promotion does not effect exp gain now?  saw people saying exp gained was now based on total levels gained and promoting doesn't add levels to the counter.  if so it would be best to master seal at lvl 10 right?

Also looking for this info. Currently at ch9 and facing the age-old question of how to use my master and second seals.

If this were correct, I take it there would be no point demoting Vander to his base class either.

Edit: OK, can confirm after diving into a few reddit threads. It's optimal to master seal as soon as possible. You are limited to buying 1 per chapter. From the sounds of it, it's actually difficult to train your early game units otherwise because later recruits are so powerful. Also Vandad starts at internal lvl 15 with those poor stats so there may be no saving him.

This mechanic is such a departure from recent Fire Emblems it might deserve its own thread. Early promoting goes against every bone in my body, lol

Edited by Lynsanity

55 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

Also looking for this info. Currently at ch9 and facing the age-old question of how to use my master and second seals.

If this were correct, I take it there would be no point demoting Vander to his base class either.

Edit: OK, can confirm after diving into a few reddit threads. It's optimal to master seal as soon as possible. You are limited to buying 1 per chapter. From the sounds of it, it's actually difficult to train your early game units otherwise because later recruits are so powerful. Also Vandad starts at internal lvl 15 with those poor stats so there may be no saving him.

This mechanic is such a departure from recent Fire Emblems it might deserve its own thread. Early promoting goes against every bone in my body, lol

Yeah I was the same. I've promoted everyone thus far at 13-15, which is weird since normally I wait till 17/18 at minimum. I do definitely think it's preferable tho. Base classes pretty much provide nothing. Rip Vander tho... I will use him none the less.

Do any of you guys know exactly how the scaling works in the Skirmishes? Usually I do a casual playthrough first just to see everything the game offers. 

These skirmishes have scaled in level consistently upon completion [Im only on Ch 10.] I originally thought it had to do with their levels, so I brought a bunch of lvl 20 units against a Base Class 20 Skirmish, upon completion, now they are spawning in as Advanced Class 1. 

Is there anyway to lower this? Or is most of the newer units joining just s.o.l?

Edit: I should note, I enjoy min-maxing characters early on during first playthroughs so I know what Im looking at long term on Maddening runs, so I grinded them a bit

Edited by Eskuire

9 hours ago, Azz said:

Anyone know a good way to grind supports?

Cooking is a guarantee way to get some support points. Not good for mass supporting, but I am using it for the benched character pairings I am interested in.

Arena is good for grinding Alear support points as you get the points if there is a support between characters and Alear supports everyone.

Do enemies eventually start having more than one revival stone? And Close Counter isn't a thing in this game, is it?

EDIT: Why are there some dark-skinned Elusian soldiers in chapter 5??

Edited by Shadow Mir

15 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Is it possible to get to the chest Anna hides in before the enemies do?

Haven´t been able to on Maddening but she survived against a thief and a fighter and actively ran towards me. She did use her vulnerary or w/e.

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Do enemies eventually start having more than one revival stone?

Yes.

Edited by Imuabicus

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Is it possible to get to the chest Anna hides in before the enemies do?

Yes, I just played her paralogue this evening and was curious to see if it was possible, and if it was, if she had any unique dialogue and/or did anything different. She just says something to the effect of "Gee, you found me!" and then everything plays out as if an enemy found her (she still exits the chest in range of the armor knight, is a green ally that still needs to be talked to, etc.).

Am I the only one annoyed at how training (idk the name, that mystical portal thing for EXP) seems to automatically increase 1 support rank between the participants? Like I had not even used Boucheron and Lapis in the same map, and after 1 single training they got C rank. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of supporting? Does it get harder to get to B rank?

Also, can't figure out for God's sake how to get to 1,000p for Sigurd's synchro skill inheritance. I'm at map 8, used Boucheron in all maps, and barely have 800p. Is there any option that doesn't involve spamming Micaiah and getting him overleveled in the process? I am aware there is a soft deadline to get him that skill.

14 hours ago, Lynsanity said:

Same here. I did a "lot" of reading before accepting this fate. But yeah, since the growth are pretty close, the fact that you can second seal infinitely and everything, it's better to master seal as soon as possible.

I made this mistake by changing Jade when I got her, at level 12. Then, she had to climb all the ladder again to gain access to a promoted class. If I did master seal her at that time, I would just have to use a second seal and she would be advanced class already ahah.

I promoted my whole team in 2-3 chapter, when I have made the decision. They were around level 11-13. If they reach the level 20 cap, second seal and voilà!

3 minutes ago, szechuan said:

Am I the only one annoyed at how training (idk the name, that mystical portal thing for EXP) seems to automatically increase 1 support rank between the participants? Like I had not even used Boucheron and Lapis in the same map, and after 1 single training they got C rank. Doesn't it defeat the purpose of supporting? Does it get harder to get to B rank?

I'm not mad at the arena bonding, because I don't want to think too much about it in combat (things I had done in the past, spending many turns with units just waiting side by side, ahah). But I think the first rank, C support, is pretty easy to get. The other might be more difficult. Even just a meal between three units is enough to have C support with anyone. But I think I have to share many meal for B rank.

6 hours ago, szechuan said:

Also, can't figure out for God's sake how to get to 1,000p for Sigurd's synchro skill inheritance. I'm at map 8, used Boucheron in all maps, and barely have 800p. Is there any option that doesn't involve spamming Micaiah and getting him overleveled in the process? I am aware there is a soft deadline to get him that skill.

If you think about it Boucheron only joins on map 3, can't equip a ring until map 4, and starts with 300SP. (Vander and many later characters start with 500.) So 800 at ch8 isn't doing too bad. It took me about that long to get Alear to 1,000 without grinding, and they're available from ch1. Boucheron also has a foot-locked class and I find it hard to get him in as many encounters.

Spamming for exp seems valid and you'll probably get there in the 3 maps before the soft deadline. Also I wouldn't worry about overleveling him since he'll be competing with some very strong recruits in the midgame.

6 hours ago, Hiroki said:

Same here. I did a "lot" of reading before accepting this fate. But yeah, since the growth are pretty close, the fact that you can second seal infinitely and everything, it's better to master seal as soon as possible.

I made this mistake by changing Jade when I got her, at level 12. Then, she had to climb all the ladder again to gain access to a promoted class. If I did master seal her at that time, I would just have to use a second seal and she would be advanced class already ahah.

Oh yeah that's the other big implication with these seals, is you should pretty much never use a second seal before a master seal. That's just locking in 10 more lvls of unpromoted growths. Meanwhile you can switch between promoted classes from lvl 1. So I foresee lots of my units spending one instant in their promoted class before I switch them to the one I want, lol.

16 minutes ago, Lynsanity said:

Oh yeah that's the other big implication with these seals, is you should pretty much never use a second seal before a master seal. That's just locking in 10 more lvls of unpromoted growths. Meanwhile you can switch between promoted classes from lvl 1. So I foresee lots of my units spending one instant in their promoted class before I switch them to the one I want, lol.

Yeah, the same! Ahah! The new leveled units spend so little time in their base class, usually last only the chapter they join. I'm kind of sad, because I'm a bit nostalgic of the old Fire Emblem, when you have to carefully level up to 20 before thinking about a master seal, ahah.

But, after all, Ivy join at level 17. She wouldn't have spend a lot of time in her class, ahah.