Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Mitama said:

Is Ike’s weapon engrave good on… anything? I’m just failing to see to point of it. +3 mt for +15 wt just does not seem worth it. Like am I missing something?

Personally I like it on smash weapons. If you put it on a Silver Blade of Silver Greataxe, using it in combo with Emblem Ike (and especially Great Aether) can be devastating. That or any tank that you know is gonna get doubled and doesn't care about being weighed down. Regardless, I do think it is one of the worse engraves, they really shoulda given it something else other than just +3 mt to offset the massive wt gain.

16 hours ago, Mitama said:

Is Ike’s weapon engrave good on… anything? I’m just failing to see to point of it. +3 mt for +15 wt just does not seem worth it. Like am I missing something?

On a similar note, is Roy's engrave good for anything? Because the tradeoffs seem to be laughably one-sided; only getting 2 might for dropping avoid by 30 AND +8 weight sounds laughable.

17 hours ago, Mitama said:

49 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

On a similar note, is Roy's engrave good for anything? Because the tradeoffs seem to be laughably one-sided; only getting 2 might for dropping avoid by 30 AND +8 weight sounds laughable.

Both of these engraves are best for already heavy weapons, and specifically using them with Emblem attacks.

A forged Steel Blade+3 with Roy's engraving, for e.g., can be used with Marth's Lodestar Rush on Alear. With average fixed growths, a level 9 Alear deals a nutty 54 total damage (6x9) which is enough to kill even the bosses in ch10 in one interaction (or drain one of their HP bars anyways).

I would not recommend them for Enemy Phasing though. Not unless you put them on already tanky units that can shrug off doubled damage already like Louis. Still, even with that, I think they're best with Engage attacks to get the most damage out of them.

Basically, I think they let a specific weapon fulfill a small but important niche of reliably killing some very tanky bosses with engaged attacks, or just deal a ton of damage over a wide area with other emblems.

20 hours ago, DaveCozy said:

EDIT: I guess I could add Dex+ lol. I kinda answered my own question. Anything else I'm possibly missing?

Answered my own question again too... I could go for Wrath instead of Dex+. Though that does require setup on Enemy Phase and Yunaka is kinda frail. Also, I actually prefer the idea of Lucina on a ranged unit like Sniper, to let them get in chain attacks too. I don't really want to inherit Wrath from Ike (2000 SP is a lot) just to make that even higher. Hmm...

Well, wanted to reply to myself to share, in case anyone is curious where this Crit monster unit theory went.

Edited by DaveCozy

Can Tempest Trials be used to farm Supports? I don't think Bond Levels go up there so I wanted to check if someone had already tried it out before bringing a bunch of Lv 5 units into it so they can get closer with the units I actually built. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Two more questions!

The SF wiki page for max stats in each class shows the same caps for both of every Noble (and Alear's) exclusive classes. For example, Alear's data is this:

Name HP Str Mag Dex Spd Def Res Lck Bld
Dragon Child 68 41 25 36 43 35 25 35 13
Divine Dragon 68 41 25 36 43 35 25 35 13

Is that a typo? If not, is the only difference between these classes that the promoted one has higher beginning stats?

Second question is that the SF wiki also lists a certain number of DLC Emblems (though only Tiki and Edelgard are named). Is that just a placeholder, or is that the number of DLC Emblems that came up in the datamines? I don't want to know who was datamined of course, and I'm not linking the page so people who want to avoid knowing the number of Emblems doesn't get spoiled too, but I was just wondering how much stock I should put into how the page has been laid out.

Thank you in advance... again!

Edited by DefyingFates

On 1/26/2023 at 4:45 PM, DaveCozy said:

I've been thinking of building a crit monster of a unit in Engage. What I came up with:

Yunaka personal skill (+15crit if on avo terrain), Sniper class skill (+10crit), forged killer bow+5 (+40crit), forged with Fates engraving (+30crit). That's a total of +95crit in the right conditions, before factoring in Yunaka's stats vs enemy dodge.

Anyone see a better way to stack crit than what I'm trying?

I haven't looked much into bond rings tbh but quickly skimming the site, I couldn't find any that would help the above setup.

Also, I did think of Lindon... but he's a Sage on join with magic stats. While theoretically higher crit at 100 if I placed him over Yunaka, he'd be too much work to mold into that role.

EDIT: I guess I could add Dex+ lol. I kinda answered my own question. Anything else I'm possibly missing?

The Navarre S-rank ring gives +15 crit when attacking with a sword. Would have to lose the Sniper +10 and go Wolf Rider or something for sword access but still net out a bit ahead. Plus of course Wrath inherited from Ike is free crit whenever you take some chip damage.

11 hours ago, DaveCozy said:

A forged Steel Blade+3 with Roy's engraving, for e.g., can be used with Marth's Lodestar Rush on Alear. With average fixed growths, a level 9 Alear deals a nutty 54 total damage (6x9) which is enough to kill even the bosses in ch10 in one interaction (or drain one of their HP bars anyways).

The problem with this - damage comes from the blade itself. Sure you could have a situation where +2 damage from Roy will break a threshold, but in many cases it won't. 

I would prefer something like Lucina on a smash weapon as you could combine it with other avo sources and get a player phase nuke while having similar interaction with emblem attacks. However I see the point in having emblem attack only weapon.

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Is Clanne better as a Mage Knight or Sage?

Sage. With a base strength of 1 and really low growths in the stats before promotion, he's not going to be a very good hybrid attacker. Might as well maximise the magic. 

On 1/27/2023 at 1:55 AM, Mitama said:

Try putting it on your forged Dire Thunder user. 

Edited by Espinosa

Is there any way to get around max stat cap for classes? For example, if Class A has higher max Str than Class B, and a unit goes from A to B with a Str higher than B normally allows, would they keep the increased attack or would it drop to the new cap?

Also, I'm assuming Jean's personal skill and Tiki's skill don't let you break stat caps, only hit them sooner?

Finally, my question from earlier: can Tempest Trials be used to grind supports, or do units not gain Support points there?

Thanks in advance, all!

Anyone else finish Chapter 11 and then realized you maybe should have done your master seals a little differently? I didn’t realize how few there would be in the beginning chapters. 

Spoiler

I wish I hadn’t worked so hard to make Boucheron work.

That said, I know that every character can work, but I wonder if there are just characters that already appear to not be worth the effort. Is every character actually viable?

Edited by jameslove001
Added last question

Do you get a free Brave Sword during the story? I'm at chapter 23 and have gotten a Brave Lance, Brave Axe, and Brave Bow for free but I had to buy the Brave Sword from the armory so I'm wondering if I missed a free one during the story. 

6 hours ago, Flying Shogi said:

Do you get a free Brave Sword during the story? I'm at chapter 23 and have gotten a Brave Lance, Brave Axe, and Brave Bow for free but I had to buy the Brave Sword from the armory so I'm wondering if I missed a free one during the story. 

You can get one by donating to Brodia until it's at lv. 4 (40K gold total cost). You can also forge them from silver swords (100/10/1). 

43 minutes ago, Ririn said:

Is it worth donating pass level 2? I heard a lot that money is tight in game. I'm playing on Normal. 

If you train Anna as a High Priest for high despoil rates, money is easy to get back by doing skirmishes. Some S-rank weaponry is acquired by donating, so if you intend to spend a lot of playing the game it's worth the consideration. 

I'm probably overlooking something obvious, but how exactly does Lindon's unique skill work? Does it compare weapon tiers across ALL weapon types (so using a Wind tome would get the extra Crit vs someone with a Steel Sword)? And if so, are Wind/Thunder/Fire tomes on the same tier as Iron weapons or slim weapons? I can't help but wonder if he'd be a good fit for the Dire Thunder or Wind Adept Bond Rings. Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Espinosa said:

If you train Anna as a High Priest for high despoil rates, money is easy to get back by doing skirmishes. Some S-rank weaponry is acquired by donating, so if you intend to spend a lot of playing the game it's worth the consideration. 

Thank you for the reply. I'll take note of this. 

4 hours ago, CompteSecours said:

Hello, I have a question about Brave weapon and dual assist.

Do Brave weapons hit twice during a dual assist ? And if you play Hero, do you hit 4 times ?

Nope. If I'm not mistaken, Brave weapon hit twice on the player turn if the unit initiates the fight. So, only one attack on chain attack.

Corrin's Quality Time skill gives extra HP between the default and the + version (5 HP vs 10 HP), but does the Support boost also increase? Even if it doesn't stack if multiple people have it, I was considering unlocking it for a few characters just to farm supports faster. Thanks in advance!

10 hours ago, Scaramuccia said:

Stupid question - Byleth's mentorship from multiple users doesn't stack, does it?

The Mentorship icon only appears once in the top corner when viewing the field, so I assume not. The question I have is if it stacks with the Lineage skill from the 3H DLC Bracelet.

Also, my Sommie's affinity just dropped to zero out of nowhere. Is that normal or a bug? I've certainly already found one bug with the Reminsce menu...

Edited by DefyingFates