Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, my Sommie's affinity just dropped to zero out of nowhere. Is that normal or a bug? I've certainly already found one bug with the Reminsce menu...

You have to constantly feed/pet Sommie after every chapter/battle for his affinity to stay maxed out. If you stop, over time his affinity will decrease and you will have to build it up again

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

You have to constantly feed/pet Sommie after every chapter/battle for his affinity to stay maxed out. If you stop, over time his affinity will decrease and you will have to build it up again

I was so sure I had Sommie at just under max... You can only boost its affinity once with each of the three methods, right (dress up, petting, feeding)? How do I keep its affinity up if it drops to zero each time I leave the Somniel? Affinity didn't drop anywhere near as far before this. Maybe I ignored the pet way more than I thought I did?

Also, while I have you here:

1. How exactly does Lindon's unique skill work? Does it compare weapon tiers across ALL weapon types (so using a Wind tome would get the extra Crit vs someone with a Steel Sword)? And if so, are Wind/Thunder/Fire tomes on the same tier as Iron weapons or slim weapons? I can't help but wonder if he'd be a good fit for the Dire Thunder or Wind Adept Bond Rings.
  2. Can Tempest Trials be used to farm Supports? I don't think Bond Levels go up there so I wanted to check if that applied for this too.

Thank you very much!

13 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I was so sure I had Sommie at just under max... You can only boost its affinity once with each of the three methods, right (dress up, petting, feeding)? How do I keep its affinity up if it drops to zero each time I leave the Somniel? Affinity didn't drop anywhere near as far before this. Maybe I ignored the pet way more than I thought I did?

Also, while I have you here:

1. How exactly does Lindon's unique skill work? Does it compare weapon tiers across ALL weapon types (so using a Wind tome would get the extra Crit vs someone with a Steel Sword)? And if so, are Wind/Thunder/Fire tomes on the same tier as Iron weapons or slim weapons? I can't help but wonder if he'd be a good fit for the Dire Thunder or Wind Adept Bond Rings.
  2. Can Tempest Trials be used to farm Supports? I don't think Bond Levels go up there so I wanted to check if that applied for this too.

Thank you very much!

Am not sure tbh. I just remember that I didn't interact with Sommie for a couple of chapters and his affinity started to drop so I can't say what happened to you.

I haven't used Lindo so I can't say. I would imagine so since it doesn't specific weapon type, just says weapon but I say it would require some testing.

Also can't answer that since I haven't touched tempest trials at all, sorry

4 minutes ago, Scaramuccia said:

What do you get from Sommie affinity? I was expecting some big event but nothing happened

He follows you around the Somniel and can help you out in minigames

5 minutes ago, Scaramuccia said:

What do you get from Sommie affinity? I was expecting some big event but nothing happened

Sommie makes the mini-games easier if its affinity is high enough.

10 minutes ago, Azz said:

I haven't used Lindo so I can't say. I would imagine so since it doesn't specific weapon type, just says weapon but I say it would require some testing.

Also can't answer that since I haven't touched tempest trials at all, sorry

Thank you very much, Azz!

Apparently the Somniel is getting some new features as free DLC. Were those included in the 1.0.0/ 1.1.0 datamines? I don't want any of the new Emblems or characters spoiled so haven't looked into those yet. Thanks again, all! (I don't want to know what new facilities are coming either, but I was hoping there'd be something to farm supports or SP.)

P.S. Before I forget, on the topic of supports: does the support point boost from Corrin's "Quality Time" increase in the + version along with the HP boost (5 HP -> 10 HP)? Also, I'm assuming having two people with that skill next to each other doesn't make the support bonus stack or anything since it only triggers at the end of a turn. That's just something else I assumed was included in the datamine and I'd appreciate any info from someone familiar with the mechanics.

I am on Ch10 (hard) and curious what skills to Inherit before going in.

Currently my favorite characters are Louis, Chloe, Anna (Mage),Jean, Diamont, Yunaka. Also using Alcryst for bows since he is better than Etie, And probably Jade since I need someone for Axes.

3 hours ago, Avarice Shadow said:

Hi, I've got a question. Is there any way to see the weapon MT on an enemy? 

If there's a way to do it directly I haven't figured it out. However, you can determine it indirectly by looking at their attack stat with the equip, and comparing to their strength/magic.

18 hours ago, Espinosa said:

You can get one by donating to Brodia until it's at lv. 4 (40K gold total cost). You can also forge them from silver swords (100/10/1). 

Didn't know you can forge them. Thanks for the tip. 

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

If there's a way to do it directly I haven't figured it out. However, you can determine it indirectly by looking at their attack stat with the equip, and comparing to their strength/magic.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't even think to do that tbh, I'll have to start doing that for now then. 

9 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Where do Kagetsu and Zelkov's names come from? Because they're blatantly out of place when every other Elusian character is named after plants.

Zelkov is from Zelkova:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelkova

Kagetsu means Moonflower.

Are information like chapter chest/village contents and (importantly) reinforcements documented anywhere yet or is it still too early?

If not, does anyone who played Maddening know if the reinforcements on chapter 25 ever stop, or if they're unlimited? 

20 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Zelkov is from Zelkova:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelkova

Kagetsu means Moonflower.

I see. Never heard of Zelkova, though.

11 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Someone played to much .Hack G/U.

Speaking of, I have played it too.

EDIT: Is this the first game where silver weapons are heavier than steel ones?

Edited by Shadow Mir

Question, do you also find Zelkov design annoying?

It happened to me multiple times, that I thought I played with everyone, because they were greyed out only to find that I can still use Zelkov. 😄

Marth's skill, Perceptive  states If the unit initiates combat, grants Avo+15 during combat. Avo increases with high Spd. Does anyone have a formula for this for how much spd you need? and does the avoid count at all times, or only when starting combat? I never actually looked into it until much later in the game. 

On 1/28/2023 at 12:16 AM, Scaramuccia said:

The problem with this - damage comes from the blade itself. Sure you could have a situation where +2 damage from Roy will break a threshold, but in many cases it won't. 

I would prefer something like Lucina on a smash weapon as you could combine it with other avo sources and get a player phase nuke while having similar interaction with emblem attacks. However I see the point in having emblem attack only weapon.

Yep, this suggestion is really moreso to turn those very high might but very heavy and unable to double weapons into emblem only finishers. I wouldn't recommend enemy phasing with them outside of Ike's Great Aether, let alone using them for regular attacks. Not with those engravings anyways.

+2 damage with Lodestar Rush is a big deal too, consider that it's 9 hits at 30% in Dragon class. Even if adding one more point of damage to each hit because rounding down due to the 30% cut, it is still essentially 9 extra damage. That definitely helps break some thresholds, specially lategame for bosses and even enemies that easily reach 70+ HP.

Edited by DaveCozy

do the Emblem paralogues in Engage scale with your current level / progress?

EDIT: NVM, found the answer here:  

On 1/25/2023 at 1:17 PM, Raeleia said:

Paralogues are fixed in terms of level requirements.  Personally, the difficulty of an average paralogue feels higher than the average story map at the same recommended level.

Edited by DaveCozy

I know they like to put in references from the old games into the emblem paralogues, I just did Sigurd's and I gotta ask, since I haven't played Genealogy,

Spoiler

Is there a reason why a unit on the bottom left is so blatantly OP? Literally has maxed out stats in almost everything, took me long time figuring out how to beat it.

Edited by Shikan Raider

25 minutes ago, Shikan Raider said:

I know they like to put in references from the old games into the emblem paralogues, I just did Sigurd's and I gotta ask, since I haven't played Genealogy,

Reveal hidden contents

Is there a reason why a unit on the bottom left is so blatantly OP? Literally has maxed out stats in almost everything, took me long time figuring out how to beat it.

I think the enemy in question might reference a holy weapon user; major Holy Blood in that game allows the use of the Crusader weapons (you might have seen some of them if you played Awakening, as late in that game, the Deadlords show up, with some of their number wielding Jugdrali regalia), and many of the units you get with such weapons tended to border on overpowered. Though I'd like someone else to confirm or bust this.

Edited by Shadow Mir

56 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I think the enemy in question might reference a holy weapon user; major Holy Blood in that game allows the use of the Crusader weapons (you might have seen some of them if you played Awakening, as late in that game, the Deadlords show up, with some of their number wielding Jugdrali regalia), and many of the units you get with such weapons tended to border on overpowered. Though I'd like someone else to confirm or bust this.

Yes, that's the case. Precisely in that part of the map, once you took Miletos Castle (the first castle in the Engage Map)

Spoiler

Julius and Ishtar would show up and go fight your units. They move, instead of being stationary like the two Sages in Engage, however.

Question about reclassing: I invested a great deal in Boucheron, but finds out I absolutely loathe the appearance of his standard promotions. I though maybe Brave Hero will look good on him (anyone has any pictures?). I'm at chapter 14 and he's lvl 16. Do i really have to reclass him into swordfighter and level him up to lvl 10 again? Will he get EXP any faster this time around? Will he have a cumulative EXP gain of 16+10 at time of promotion?

I really have a hard time figuring Awakening-style promotions, really...