Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

How do you get the bane cards for adding banes to engage weapons? I've done Tempest Trials a dozen times and a few Relay trials and have yet to see a single one. Are they just extremely rare, or only get rewarded under certain conditions?

And is it possible to raise the capacity of engage weapons beyond 1? Or is 1/1 the highest it ever gets? 

Edited by Namero

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, szechuan said:

Question about reclassing: I invested a great deal in Boucheron, but finds out I absolutely loathe the appearance of his standard promotions. I though maybe Brave Hero will look good on him (anyone has any pictures?). I'm at chapter 14 and he's lvl 16. Do i really have to reclass him into swordfighter and level him up to lvl 10 again? Will he get EXP any faster this time around? Will he have a cumulative EXP gain of 16+10 at time of promotion?

I really have a hard time figuring Awakening-style promotions, really...

Assuming he has the proficiencies needed, you have two options:

1. If he's already in a promoted Class, you can just use a Second Seal to switch to Hero.
  2. If he's unpromoted, then you either need to promote him to one of his default classes OR Second Seal him into Sword Fighter and build him up that way.

I hope this helps!

34 minutes ago, szechuan said:

Question about reclassing: I invested a great deal in Boucheron, but finds out I absolutely loathe the appearance of his standard promotions. I though maybe Brave Hero will look good on him (anyone has any pictures?). I'm at chapter 14 and he's lvl 16. Do i really have to reclass him into swordfighter and level him up to lvl 10 again? Will he get EXP any faster this time around? Will he have a cumulative EXP gain of 16+10 at time of promotion?

I really have a hard time figuring Awakening-style promotions, really...

DefyingFates tells you well what to do. If you want my opinion, since he's level 16, seem he could be in his base class. Master seal him into an advanced class (either Berserker, or Warrior if you have bow prof), and then second seal him to another class (depending the proficiencies he has).

If he's level 16 of his base class, then its level will be 16. The internal level, which is what the game use to calculate the exp gained. If you promote him, he'll be something like 16 internally, as some people made the test and it doesn't seem to change.

But, what do you hate about his appearance? I'm a big fan of Hero class in Fire Emblem, in general, but in this one, I find it really ugly. So...I'm sad, ahah, no Hero in my team (except for Goldmary, the only one with a unique look). I make some test regularly of looking of my units, and sometimes take screenshot. I don't remember if I ever did Boucheron hero, but I did others. I might take a screenshot for you maybe

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

Assuming he has the proficiencies needed, you have two options:

1. If he's already in a promoted Class, you can just use a Second Seal to switch to Hero.
  2. If he's unpromoted, then you either need to promote him to one of his default classes OR Second Seal him into Sword Fighter and build him up that way.

I hope this helps!

Didn't think about this! Will definitely promote him and then switch. Whew...

1 hour ago, Hiroki said:

But, what do you hate about his appearance? I'm a big fan of Hero class in Fire Emblem, in general, but in this one, I find it really ugly. So...I'm sad, ahah, no Hero in my team (except for Goldmary, the only one with a unique look). I make some test regularly of looking of my units, and sometimes take screenshot. I don't remember if I ever did Boucheron hero, but I did others. I might take a screenshot for you maybe

I haven't seen Hero!Boucheron yet, so can't actually say if I'll like it better, but Berserker's "wild" appareance doesn't really fit his mild character, and Warrior just exposes his torso in a way that doesn't flatter him (he comes as rather bulky in his base armor, and promoted he seems more vulnerable and thin...). I wish he could keep the white armor plates somehow. In general, generic armors using colour palette is a clever idea but sometimes disappoints in Firene & Brodian characters!

1 hour ago, szechuan said:

Didn't think about this! Will definitely promote him and then switch. Whew...

I'm glad I was able to help!

2 hours ago, Hiroki said:

If he's level 16 of his base class, then its level will be 16. The internal level, which is what the game use to calculate the exp gained. If you promote him, he'll be something like 16 internally, as some people made the test and it doesn't seem to change.

So to clarify, promoting ASAP doesn't affect EXP gain, right? I read in another thread that promoting ASAP was the best thing to do here for the better growth rates (also because Second Seals are a thing).

Thank you very much yet again!

EDIT: How much of a difference is there between SP gained from wearing an Emblem Ring vs a Bond Ring? The tutorial mentions Bond Rings grant less, but I haven't been able to figure out the deficit myself. Thank you all again!

Edited by DefyingFates

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone received an SS rank meal? I think I got rank A one time but most of the time it’s a C rank. I want to complete as many achievements as possible but this one seems completely RNG.

6 hours ago, szechuan said:

Do i really have to reclass him into swordfighter and level him up to lvl 10 again? Will he get EXP any faster this time around? Will he have a cumulative EXP gain of 16+10 at time of promotion?

No, you don't have to that. If he's level 16 it's better to master seal him now into whatever class. Then Second Seal him immediately; in Engage you can Second Seal to any advanced class from another level 1 advanced class, provided your unit meets the proficiencies.

Past chapter 22 here, so I got the last Emblem, and I'm wondering what to do with my "teambuilding" now, ahah

Spoiler

My Alear wasn't really powerful, so I used him as the wielder of Byleth, to dance for others and instruct them with the bonus of Dragon type unit. That was the whole strategy, he was not really fighting.

But now, with him as an Emblem, things change. I think I won't engage him with an Emblem from now on, since his Fusion seems powerful. I mean, if he, or the other, defeat a foe, it's +4 to each stats (depending on the type unit for the bonus, etc.). Plus he can engaged an ally, and that ally can engage again if it have an emblem on his own (which I don't know yet). Since we have 12 Emblem + 1 (without DLC here) and nearly 14 units in the last chapter, doing so free an Emblem for another unit. It would be 12 units with an Emblem, Alear and a last unit, with bond rings.

But, the downside would be Alear having only two skills. Just the two inherited ones. That's not much, but on the other side I didn't use him with big offensive skills before. Byleth gave him some things that I can pass (well okay, mostly luck percentage, and the divine pulse that may work sometimes).

Since I don't benefit vastly from the dragon type now (I kept it mostly for the Emblem's bonuses) , I may turn him into a Backup type, like Hero. The skill is great and the bonus to his Emblem skill would give +2 strength more. Which could be cool.

I think I kind of answer myself by explaining ahah.

I remember the sauna having some data left over in Three Houses pre-DLC, is there anything similar for Engage regarding future Somniel facilities? I've said this before, but I'd love something to make Support farming easier!

Also SP farming for early units, but I don't want to get too greedy.

On 1/30/2023 at 11:07 AM, Pikappa93 said:

Not exactly a question but I think I've run into a weird bug? In the music log I've unlocked the Tear Streaked (Ice) song but not the calm version. I'm at chapter 19. Did this happen to anyone else?

Sorry to bring this up again, I know it's very trivial stuff but it's bothering me to no end lol

Can someone check if they have this particular soundtrack unlocked? Thanks!

Edited by Pikappa93

11 hours ago, Hiroki said:

I took a screenshot of him as a Hero. Rethinking about it, he's not too bad, but I have difficulties with the small cape flying on their back.

Hide contents

16752532859635685031873392155707.thumb.jpg.fb59b231e5579a1da86d93b0004d88c4.jpg

I dislike this on multiple levels. The breastplate being a different color for no reason. The Superman underwear on the outside (I'll probably never have a male Hero for this reason alone). And the physics-defying derp cape. Just a badly made class outfit.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

25 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

I dislike this on multiple levels. The breastplate being a different color for no reason. The Superman underwear on the outside (I'll probably never have a male Hero for this reason alone). And the physics-defying derp cape. Just a badly made class outfit.

EXACTLY! I loved the Hero class until the 3DS era. I had some difficulty with the design, but I get used to it finally. And now...this...it's so sad Goldmary would be the only hero.

But...in lost of hopes, I made my Alear a Hero, hoping he could gain a bit of strength. I'm really wanting an update where IS allow us to use other outfit in combat mode. Because their designs are really not all good. It's the opposite.

A silly question but what are those thick black bangs below the eyes of a lot of characters supposed to be? I guess they're there to signal cuteness or youth since only girls or feminine guys have them, but they kinda look off. They're certainly way too thick to be whispers. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

18 hours ago, EliWitch said:

Sorry if this has already been asked, but has anyone received an SS rank meal? I think I got rank A one time but most of the time it’s a C rank. I want to complete as many achievements as possible but this one seems completely RNG.

I got an SS ranked meal - it was really excellent +2 str, +2 mag, +2 def, +2 spd to everyone in the army. I would love to know how to manipulate the RNG to be able to cook that every time

Some info was that I believe I cooked Emperor's Mess, which is a meal that provides +1 in str, mag, def, and spd normally, so maybe SS just doubles the benefit of whatever you cooked?

Bunet was also the one cooking - he's the "chef" character and I wonder if that has any bearing on anything... like do Bunet, Goldmary, Saphir, etc. (the characters who claim to be good cooks) have a higher chance of performing well?

I have some extra SP for a few characters and need some help deciding what to do with it. I'm at chapter 20 on Maddening, so no access to Marth/Celica's skills at the moment

Fogado is in his personal class and has the Lucina emblem on him -  he already has Canter inherited, but he has an extra 1000+ SP laying around. I could give him Canter+, but i'm not sure that's gonna make the biggest difference. A way to boost damage would be ideal - he's actually doing pretty good for himself but his str and mag stats are low - the weapon mt is really helping him...

Merrin I've made into a Griffin Knight and she has the Eirika emblem on her. Lunar Brace is really helping her physical damage (or Bravery when she's using a Levin Sword) but again, her damage could be better. She also already has Canter and is sitting on 990 SP, eager for another skill.

Both of the units are already very fast, so it doesn't really seem to be something where I can boost their speed and use a heavier weapon - they're handling Silver Weapons just fine

I've been trying to look through the available skills and there doesn't seem to be any standout options. For Merrin, maybe Sword Power? It'd boost both her physical and magical damage which is nice... not crazy about Sword Power 2 costing an additional 1000 SP since I'm doubtful I'll see that much by the end of the game though. For Fogado, I'm stumped

6 hours ago, hdawgsizzle said:

Bunet was also the one cooking - he's the "chef" character and I wonder if that has any bearing on anything... like do Bunet, Goldmary, Saphir, etc. (the characters who claim to be good cooks) have a higher chance of performing well?

According to this:

https://serenesforest.net/engage/somniel/cafe-terrace/dish-titles/

Yes, it looks like depending on who cooks, you can get certain ranks.

6 hours ago, hdawgsizzle said:

I have some extra SP for a few characters and need some help deciding what to do with it. I'm at chapter 20 on Maddening, so no access to Marth/Celica's skills at the moment

Fogado is in his personal class and has the Lucina emblem on him -  he already has Canter inherited, but he has an extra 1000+ SP laying around. I could give him Canter+, but i'm not sure that's gonna make the biggest difference. A way to boost damage would be ideal - he's actually doing pretty good for himself but his str and mag stats are low - the weapon mt is really helping him...

Merrin I've made into a Griffin Knight and she has the Eirika emblem on her. Lunar Brace is really helping her physical damage (or Bravery when she's using a Levin Sword) but again, her damage could be better. She also already has Canter and is sitting on 990 SP, eager for another skill.

Both of the units are already very fast, so it doesn't really seem to be something where I can boost their speed and use a heavier weapon - they're handling Silver Weapons just fine

I've been trying to look through the available skills and there doesn't seem to be any standout options. For Merrin, maybe Sword Power? It'd boost both her physical and magical damage which is nice... not crazy about Sword Power 2 costing an additional 1000 SP since I'm doubtful I'll see that much by the end of the game though. For Fogado, I'm stumped

I've been wondering on Fogado too. I gave him Canter, but not sure for next skill. Was considering Alacrity maybe?

Trying to figure out my emblem pairings, Ch18

right now have:

Spoiler

Alear=Corrin (dragon)

Louis=Sigurd (general)

Chloe=Lyn (wyvern)

Diamant=Ike (successeur)

that I am pretty happy with. Who would be best to use Erika, Lief, Byleth, Lucina with?

have Fogado=Lucina (Cupido)

Byleth=Hortensia (default adv class)

Lief= Kagetsu (Hero)

Erika= Yunaka  (thief)

right now but not sold on the pairings yet. Other units I'm using Ivy(default), Jean (martial master), Anna (sage), Merrin (wolf), Seadall. Any advice on how best to use those emblems with this team?

Edited by Hovercraft

Question about promoting units: In some games, it's more beneficial to put off promotion in order to grind stats upon level-up. In others, it doesn't matter, and is actually better to promote as soon as the unit is able to. Which category does this game fall into? Also, I'm guessing seals are consumed on use, even though they're considered key items instead of consumables. Are they?

7 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Question about promoting units: In some games, it's more beneficial to put off promotion in order to grind stats upon level-up. In others, it doesn't matter, and is actually better to promote as soon as the unit is able to. Which category does this game fall into? Also, I'm guessing seals are consumed on use, even though they're considered key items instead of consumables. Are they?

I feel like in modern FE (since DS games) it's not a big deal to just promote immediately to get the stat boosts

Engage gives you more than enough seals during the early game and the shop starts selling unlimited master/second seals at a decently early part of the game

55 minutes ago, EaterOfFarro said:

I feel like in modern FE (since DS games) it's not a big deal to just promote immediately to get the stat boosts

Engage gives you more than enough seals during the early game and the shop starts selling unlimited master/second seals at a decently early part of the game

Yeah, but does it make a difference? That's more my question. As I recall, stat changes in some games actually get overridden instead of added to the new stats, making it not matter at all. I wasn't sure if that was also the case here. Also, it sounds like from your answer that, indeed, seals are consumed on use. Is that right?

11 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Yeah, but does it make a difference? That's more my question. As I recall, stat changes in some games actually get overridden instead of added to the new stats, making it not matter at all. I wasn't sure if that was also the case here. Also, it sounds like from your answer that, indeed, seals are consumed on use. Is that right?

Oh in that case yes, they do get the benefit of additional levels before promote but it seems to be a little more complicated than the promotion just adding stats. For example my Merrin currently has all stats capped as a Wolf Knight. When reclassed to a General, she wont hit the caps for HP/STR/DEF. But they're still much higher than the baseline stats a General gets from a fresh Base class. My guess is the game has a memory of how many stat ups a character has? Now I'm intrigued

And yes seals are consumed on use.

1 minute ago, EaterOfFarro said:

Oh in that case yes, they do get the benefit of additional levels before promote but it seems to be a little more complicated than the promotion just adding stats. For example my Merrin currently has all stats capped as a Wolf Knight. When reclassed to a General, she wont hit the caps for HP/STR/DEF. But they're still much higher than the baseline stats a General gets from a fresh Base class. My guess is the game has a memory of how many stat ups a character has? Now I'm intrigued

And yes seals are consumed on use.

I see. It's probably worth it to grind levels for stats, then (especially since I keep getting levels with only 2-3 stat ups, even on Jean. My luck has been just...really bad in this game. XD 40% chance to hit from 5 guys? How about all 5 hit all the time and kill Chloe?)

Thanks. Oh, and I have a theory... The other kind of seals -- not Master Seals, but I can't be bothered with trying to remember right now -- it looks like they can be used on the same class the unit is in if the unit's level is capped. So I guess I could just keep using that later in the game to grind for stats. I don't know how far you are into the game, though. Personally, I haven't entered Brodia yet, so please be careful not to spoil anything (including names of characters I haven't encountered yet.)