Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

47 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Do wake up events only play once (as in, once I've triggered one, I need to do a battle before I can get another one)?

Yes.

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Do wake up events only play once (as in, once I've triggered one, I need to do a battle before I can get another one)?

Yes.

Edit: Nevermind. (How do you delete posts?)

Edited by DefyingFates

Can flying units pick up the secret in Sigurd's paralogue? I sure hope so, otherwise, that's gonna be a right pain...

Edited by Shadow Mir

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Can flying units pick up the secret in Sigurd's paralogue? I sure hope so, otherwise, that's gonna be a right pain...

Yep, they can. When I played I had Ivy fly up there and back, and got the item just fine.

12 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yep, they can. When I played I had Ivy fly up there and back, and got the item just fine.

Where is it exactly, and is Sigurd's map the only one with a hidden item (I can't remember the other maps having secret items in their base games, but I don't exactly know all of them by heart).

27 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Where is it exactly, and is Sigurd's map the only one with a hidden item (I can't remember the other maps having secret items in their base games, but I don't exactly know all of them by heart).

It's in the cape east of Chalphy castle. I believe it's in the very eastmost sand tiles, but I don't remember the exact one.

Best I know, yes. The only other "hidden" item is the Silver Card in Tiki's Divine Paralogue. However, that one has sparkles to indicate where it is, so it's not exactly secret.

There was no hidden item there either in the original map. It was the area where Sleiph could get Tyrfing, but other than that there was nothing else. The hidden item may be there to reference that either way.

2 hours ago, Randoman said:

If you don't get treasure chests/villages by the end of a chapter, but they remain unlooted/unharmed, can you get the treasure chests/villages from future skirmishes in that location?

That's what I've heard from other places on this forum and Reddit, so... a tentative yes?

5 hours ago, Randoman said:

If you don't get treasure chests/villages by the end of a chapter, but they remain unlooted/unharmed, can you get the treasure chests/villages from future skirmishes in that location?

I don't think so, I missed a chest in Firene Castle but when I went back for a training mission it was empty.

2 hours ago, Mysterique Sign said:

Is there anything specific that causes Spirit Gems/Pretty Pebbles to appear in the Somniel? Because it's been a few days and I haven't seen any

You have to have a specific level of relationship with Sommie and they only appear after you complete normal chapters/paralogues and they don't appear after skirmishes

Is it just me, or is Micaiah's paralogue one where you can very easily get overwhelmed if you try to play defense? Because I cannot see much else other than weathering the storm when the enemies are mostly stronger than my units, and starting split up DOES NOT HELP.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

Is it just me, or is Micaiah's paralogue one where you can very easily get overwhelmed if you try to play defense? Because I cannot see much else other than weathering the storm when the enemies are mostly stronger than my units, and starting split up DOES NOT HELP.

That's probably the case with most chapters in Engage; you're likely going to have problems if your damage output isn't good enough. I don't know how that chapter plays out normally anymore though; I just lure Micaiah out with Entrap (Astra Storm might work too; I forget) and finish it from there rather than having to slog through it.

For anyone who cleared Maddening: How does Chloe do on that mode? Because she has fallen off HARD for me, and I really don't wanna give up on her...

(Disclaimer: I have yet to play maddening myself)

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

For anyone who cleared Maddening: How does Chloe do on that mode? Because she has fallen off HARD for me, and I really don't wanna give up on her...

She really wants the early game stat boosters to snowball and stay relevant later on. If you're not giving those to her you'll want some skills and a good emblem to help patch up her offense. Something like Roy, a crit build, etc would help if you want to keep her as a flyer. You could also choose to build towards a Martial Master instead if she's falling off because it doesn't require good stats, and her mixed offensive growths help her in the role somewhat also.

Chapter 20: How many positions can Griss warp to to start out? I've seen him in two thus far: The southeast corner, and on the left side near the Swordmaster(s).

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Chapter 20: How many positions can Griss warp to to start out? I've seen him in two thus far: The southeast corner, and on the left side near the Swordmaster(s).

Not entirely sure about the exact number of all his spawn points. He can possibly end up in one of the four corners in the bottom room. (where the starting positions are.) And there was one time I caught him in the room above a little to the left side.

15 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah it's fairly tough if you play it "legitimately" (i.e. without using Entrap / Astra Storm / etc. to draw in the boss early). I enjoyed it greatly this way, but I like defend maps and coming up with ways to hold off enemies on multiple fronts is something I find satisfying, especially if those enemies are reasonably powerful.

10 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Chloe is generally the highest-rated unit who joins in the first ten chapters of Maddening, from what I've seen. I certainly found that to be the case. She's pretty easy to snowball with Sigurd (or Marth, I imagine) thanks to her very high speed, flight, and adequate other stats (HP in particular is higher than you might expect).

Her strength can be a bit lacking later so if you want to avoid her falling off, consider making her a Wyvern Knight (although Griffin does have staves so there's a tradeoff; it depends what you want), giving her power-boosting emblems like Eirika or Roy, and prioritizing her for forges and energy drops.

19 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

On Panette: What are some good options for her? Maddening-wise.

Ike!Panette, Warrior; finish the Ike paralogue once you have access to Byleth (that's when it becomes pretty easy to cheese) and Leif paralogue cheese once you have access to that. Vantage+ and Hit+20 or Canter depending on the situation and she becomes an EP machine even on Maddening with a Lyn forged Killer Axe and a crit forged killer bow depending on the situation. You might be able to get away with wyvern too depending; I haven't tried that yet.

Edited by samthedigital

3 minutes ago, samthedigital said:

Ike!Panette, Warrior; finish the Ike paralogue once you have access to Byleth (that's when it becomes pretty easy to cheese) and Leif paralogue cheese once you have access to that. Vantage+ and Hit+20 or Canter depending on the situation and she becomes an EP machine even on Maddening with a Lyn forged Killer Axe and a crit forged killer bow depending on the situation. You might be able to get away with wyvern too depending; I haven't tried that yet.

Hmmm... Speaking of, Leif's paralogue is pretty much either an affair of "cheese with Micaiah and other such stuff or take a long time", ain't it...

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

Hmmm... Speaking of, Leif's paralogue is pretty much either an affair of "cheese with Micaiah and other such stuff or take a long time", ain't it...

Yeah, playing the map "legitimately" is painful as is the case with most paralogues in my experience. My method of choice is using Astra Storm to bait him to run across the map while I sit at the start ignoring the ballista gimmick entirely (using rescue to get the items I want; don't have to go past the start really). It's not as good in terms of turn count as warping, but you don't need Micaiah for it, so Panette goes online sooner.

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yeah it's tedious but I'd say it's a pretty valuable map in maddening if you're not cheesing it. Doing it the hard way gives you mountains of exp. Mostly because there's a TON of cavalry reinforcements—all of them with no void curse. (And you can easily defeat them if you keep them on the bridge via corrin's vein of flames.) Leif and his group doesn't move at all until you enter their range so you can take your time. Maddening exp gain is very low so this is a great way to catch anyone up that's behind in late game.

Edited by FREEPISTOLS

So I just finished my pet project of maxing out all Emblem Rings/ Bracelets for Divine Dragon!Alear. Are there any particular Rings that are considered the best for them, be they Emblem or Bond Rings, or should I just use Byleth or Corrin/ Camilla? Thanks in advance!