Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would the recommended skirmish levels be a good indicator for internal character levels (or the highest level character)? My rating and exp gain for characters are all over the place from 160s - 190s 

On 2/4/2023 at 6:07 PM, Espinosa said:

On Maddening, it seems like you get only 10 exp regardless of whether you win or lose. On lower modes, exp can vary wildly also as a result of the opponent's power level. Against Emblems, it doesn't matter at all if you win or lose. 

Lapogne posted this video to show what happens if you visit the distant village in chapter 13:

Heh. 

Geez. So you essentially need DLC to save the house:

• Buy the expansion pass to get the Warp staff from Tiki's paralogue, since you'll need 2 warp staves
  • You'll also need the 3H emblem for Raging Storm
  • Make everyone else you can use staves so you can ferry Pandreo and Alear to set up the warp chain

And it's all for... an elixir. Hahahaha 😄

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

On engravings: do engraved weapons keep their engravings if transformed into different weapons?

Yes, they do.

So for e.g. a Fire tome with Micaiah's engraving that is refined up to an Elfire tome will still have Micaiah's engraving.

Edited by DaveCozy

Is there somewhere to look at good skills to inherit for each character? Trying to figure out what to spend sp on and I am having a bit of a hard time on chapter 14 (hard) and have yet to really buy any skills on anyone yet. Having only played/finished FE3H on normal this is a huge step up in difficulty. I'm thinking of putting speed + on Chloe, Def+ and resolve on Louis, Bow Focus on Fogado, maybe def + on Diamont.

Current team: Alear (mandatory), Diamont, Louis, Yunaka, Panette, Chloe, Kagetsu, Fogado, Ivy. Not sure who else but probably Anna (mage Knight), Jean or pandero, and???

Currently have Ike on Panette, Lyn on Kagetsu, and Lucina on Fogado.

Has anyone experimented enough with the new facilities to know how much they boost Supports? Two characters can go from 0 to C Support with just one facility use, but I haven't had time to test C -> B or B -> A Supports yet. Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, Lopen187 said:

Is there somewhere to look at good skills to inherit for each character? Trying to figure out what to spend sp on and I am having a bit of a hard time on chapter 14 (hard) and have yet to really buy any skills on anyone yet. Having only played/finished FE3H on normal this is a huge step up in difficulty. I'm thinking of putting speed + on Chloe, Def+ and resolve on Louis, Bow Focus on Fogado, maybe def + on Diamont.

Current team: Alear (mandatory), Diamont, Louis, Yunaka, Panette, Chloe, Kagetsu, Fogado, Ivy. Not sure who else but probably Anna (mage Knight), Jean or pandero, and???

Currently have Ike on Panette, Lyn on Kagetsu, and Lucina on Fogado.

It's not the best place to look, but you can try this site for some inspiration.

Some general skills to inherit are Byleth's Mentorship (adds 20% EXP growth) and Ike's Reposition if you want more unit flexibilty. Ditto for Canter, but that costs 1000 SP. Front line fighters/ tanks can make good use of Corrin's Pair Up since chain attacks have fixed damage and 80% accuracy even for units with high Avo/ Def. However, you need Bond Lv 13 with her to get it and it's pretty expensive. For example, my Alear has Avo +30 and Pair Up so they can dodge most regular attacks and negate chain attacks.

Lucina's Dual Assist+ could be good for Backup units since it lets them chain attack from further away, but that's also an expensive skill and one that only unlocks at Bond Lv 13, so you may only get it put it on one or two units, if at all. Same for Pair Up, for that matter.

I hope this helps you!

Edited by DefyingFates

2 hours ago, Lopen187 said:

Is there somewhere to look at good skills to inherit for each character? Trying to figure out what to spend sp on and I am having a bit of a hard time on chapter 14 (hard) and have yet to really buy any skills on anyone yet.

I also had a hard time choosing, but I wrote down a couple of skills to save up for and stuck to it. Takes a while to get them all but it worked out for me:
- Assist+ and reposition on all backup units
- Speedtaker and Canter on all ranged cannons 
- Quality time on healers, dancer and anyone else you might have, no longer needing to buy healing staves is great. Add Canter or Healing Light for added effect.
If ever you feel like these don't really fit your needs, avoid and hit + are also a great help.

4 hours ago, whase said:

I also had a hard time choosing, but I wrote down a couple of skills to save up for and stuck to it. Takes a while to get them all but it worked out for me:
- Quality time on healers, dancer and anyone else you might have, no longer needing to buy healing staves is great. Add Canter or Healing Light for added effect.
If ever you feel like these don't really fit your needs, avoid and hit + are also a great help.

Is it possible to make a fire emblem hack engage with a campaign with new maps?

4 hours ago, whase said:

Canter is great on everyone, the ability to reposition attackers after going in allows you to attack enemy units on the border of other attack ranges without having to worry and allows another melee unit to go in if there isn't enough room. 

Just finished my second Maddening playthrough, where are all the skirmishes? The first time I cleared, I went to the world map and immediately like 7 skirmishes popped up. Now on my second, only one is popping up at a time.

Where is the Engage meter displayed, or how can I get it to show up? The game text mentions things like the Engage meter filling up by one, or the Engage meter requiring one less segment to reach max, but I haven't been able to find it, or get it to show up,

1 hour ago, Randoman said:

Where is the Engage meter displayed, or how can I get it to show up? The game text mentions things like the Engage meter filling up by one, or the Engage meter requiring one less segment to reach max, but I haven't been able to find it, or get it to show up,

Beside the unit, the blue bar that circling the emblem portrait/face beside the unit that has emblem equipped. Its quite tiny

Edited by joevar

Does Vantage make chain attacks also go after your unit? I'm curious if Vantage and Wrath obviates the need for Pair-Up for an enemy-phase build if you engrave ranged weapons for reliable crits. Any units/classes that synergize well with Wrath-Vantage besides Panette? I'm thinking maybe a Warrior who can swap between Tomahawk and Long Bow for up to 3 range. Mages with electric tomes too, but I feel they are too squishy and you risk dying before the skills are active?

56 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

So what's the deal with Citrinne supposedly having a ''scary face''. I get its kind of a reference to Oboro, but Citrine looks as gentle as they come, and she only ever says nice things so its just weird whenever people bring up how ''scary'' she is. 

See Citrinne's support with Yunaka for an example of not so nice (but, not unreasonable either) words coming out of Citrinne's mouth. I think she's meant to be shrewd, but that may be limited to only some of her supports. The combination of shrewd, monied/noble, and political influence can be quite intimidating, though idk about literal "scary" face (haven't seen that support myself). Her Yunaka support matches this characterization, but is also really weird with the pacing—you have this immense concern about this other person in your army, and you keep on just tabling the resolution and going on with your normal lives inbetween!?

On 2/9/2023 at 8:10 AM, whase said:

I'ma be honest, you're overhyping this. 5 HP ain't a lot, especially considering that by the time you get access to this, you're well into the midgame. It doesn't help that it doesn't upgrade until bond level 18. And the upgrade isn't anything to write home about either...

Do Tower of Trials consume staves like regular battle? If units die in tower of trials, do they actually die if I’m playing classic?

Edited by Viberum

5 hours ago, FashionEmblem said:

Does Vantage make chain attacks also go after your unit? I'm curious if Vantage and Wrath obviates the need for Pair-Up for an enemy-phase build if you engrave ranged weapons for reliable crits. Any units/classes that synergize well with Wrath-Vantage besides Panette? I'm thinking maybe a Warrior who can swap between Tomahawk and Long Bow for up to 3 range. Mages with electric tomes too, but I feel they are too squishy and you risk dying before the skills are active?

I got a chance to test it in my game and answered my own question: Vantage goes off before chain attack. Obviating Pair-Up is too strong a framing though. If you're running Ike to save SP buying Wrath (and gaining Resolve as an additional bonus), then you'll want Pair-Up when using Great Aether. Plus, enemies in late game maddening may have high enough defense to survive a crit, then you can die from chain attacks.

I got another two questions:

1. After obtaining the DLC Emblems, is there any special battle quotes if you fight any of the in-game emblems with holding any of the DLC Emblems in their possession like Camilla as an ally vs. Corrin as an enemy, Soren as an ally vs. Ike as an enemy, or any of the Three House leaders vs. Byleth as an enemy for example? I did seen some ally in-game emblems have a special battle conversation with the DLC emblems in their paralogues on YouTube.
  2. Also since the new DLC trailer from the Nintendo Direct showed where the Fell Xenologue located on the map, what chapter in the map do I might possibly need to clear before entering it in the game before Wave 4 officially comes?
Edited by King Marth 64

Just now, FashionEmblem said:

Olwen S gives Dire Thunder. Turns Thunder tome (not Elthunder nor Thoron) into a brave tome.

Claude S gives Wind God—bow range +1 if at full HP.

Anything else from Marth/Celica/Sigurd/Leif/Roy/Micaiah worth noting? Because if there is, I might want it before I inevitably lose them.