Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

16 hours ago, Ⱥstra said:

Does anyone know how to disable the DLC? I will need to do this for a future no DLC run.

I'm not sure if there's a way to fully disable it - I've just written things down e.g. "DLC provided 30,000 in gold" and then make sure to ignore it. For the random weapons and such what you can do is sell the weapon they give you, buy one of the same weapon from the armory, then sell that weapon. Effectively that makes the weapon disappear since you sold 2 at half price and bought one at full price. 

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, hdawgsizzle said:

I'm not sure if there's a way to fully disable it - I've just written things down e.g. "DLC provided 30,000 in gold" and then make sure to ignore it. For the random weapons and such what you can do is sell the weapon they give you, buy one of the same weapon from the armory, then sell that weapon. Effectively that makes the weapon disappear since you sold 2 at half price and bought one at full price. 

Cant one just discard the bonus weapons? You cant buy one of the same weapon, since the game gives you silver and steel weapons instantly and those are not available for purchase. I am thinking of keeping the steel weapons, 10 steel a nd 3k gold though, since I have heard that those are not DLC but actually just from an update patch and therefore available even to non DLC users. My main issue is the 10 silver given to you for free in the wave 2 DLC. There is no way to discard resources. The only thing I can think of is upgrading a bunch of weapons but the math might not add up, especially since you can only forge after being given money and ore from chapter 4 and 5.

I posted this on the Heroes forums and didn’t get any traction. First things first, none of you may have answers, and I have already contacted Nintendo too. Apparently my My Nintendo account is hooked up to an old FEH account. I want to connect my new one so I don’t lose my roster and can get the FEh DLC. Do any of you know a way to disconnect my old account so I can reconnect my new one? Or do you think I am going to have to start over? I really want the Askr rings more than the weapons after I found out about how SP works.

7 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'm not sure if I asked this before, but... any particularly tricky chapters in this game??

Well, the final chapters all contain certain map gimmicks. However, the game does warn you a turn or two in advance, and even highlights the areas it will affect, so you have time to plan accordingly.

11 hours ago, jameslove001 said:

I posted this on the Heroes forums and didn’t get any traction. First things first, none of you may have answers, and I have already contacted Nintendo too. Apparently my My Nintendo account is hooked up to an old FEH account. I want to connect my new one so I don’t lose my roster and can get the FEh DLC. Do any of you know a way to disconnect my old account so I can reconnect my new one? Or do you think I am going to have to start over? I really want the Askr rings more than the weapons after I found out about how SP works.

I thought there was an option in the game iteself. So you would have to get access to the old FEH. Looking at Account management in FEH there is a Delete All Data option. Not sure if that will let you link the newer account to your Nintendo account afterwords.

This FAQ seems to indicate that deleting the data would unlink that account. - https://support.fire-emblem-heroes.com/en-US/faq
So I guess you would need another device so that you can load that account up onto(there are apps to emulate on PC if you don't have a second phone to use) and then delete the data and then try and link your new one to your account. But I have never done this so I have no idea if that is how it works.

Alternatively if you don't want to play risky with deletion and don't care about the FEH side of the rewards you could always use an emulator or second phone and just get use that account to get the rewards and then forget about the old account and continue playing on your new one.

Edited by Usana

What's the most efficient way of training your weaker units after you completed Maddening? ALL of the skirmishes are level 20 advanced. The only base class skirmish I found was on the Divine Paralogue map and that happened only once. 

5 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I'm not sure if I asked this before, but... any particularly tricky chapters in this game??

Chapter 10/11 is a pretty big difficulty spike

Chapter 17 was pretty brutal - I think most people have found that to be the hardest chapter in the game

Chapter 25 is pretty awful if you try to do it straight up - it's very manageable if you just warp your whole party to the end, which is what I and a lot of other people decided to do. I think the game tries to hint that that's what it wants you to do since it starts sending no exp reinforcements at you starting as early as turn 2

Overall, the stretch between Ch 10-17 is probably the hardest portion of the game (except for an oddly easy Ch 12). Late game maps have a lot of gimmicks but you also have a lot more resources at your disposal

8 hours ago, hdawgsizzle said:

Overall, the stretch between Ch 10-17 is probably the hardest portion of the game (except for an oddly easy Ch 12). Late game maps have a lot of gimmicks but you also have a lot more resources at your disposal

Just to elaborate on this:

Spoiler

Not content with just taking away your rings to make it feel like you're back at Square 1, the game decides to seriously beef up enemies as you'll now be dealing with occasional promoted enemies packing Silver weapons while a majority of your own army is unpromoted (or actually everyone if you're me and refuse to promote until 20 even though this is the game you should promote early) and packing Steel at best, putting you at Square -10.

Be thankful the second set of rings you get range from really good to busted.

11 hours ago, meltenvy said:

What's the most efficient way of training your weaker units after you completed Maddening? ALL of the skirmishes are level 20 advanced. The only base class skirmish I found was on the Divine Paralogue map and that happened only once. 

Now I'm only playing on normal, but even there training weaker units is a pain. What I have done (which has worked thankfully) is make a party of all of your best and beefiest units, give them lower tier weapons (with some good weapons just in case) and then bring along a unit you want to train with some 2 range weapons and body block. Normally I tend to have two parties, a party with the trainee unit who use their weaker weapons to chip enemies down and another party that kills enemies coming from the opposite direction. Where skirmish is also depends. Any skirmish that splits up your party is not worth it and I either use that skirmish for money grinding with Anna or I ignore it and sleep which sometimes changes up skirmish locations. Also, I give my trainees Lineage and Tiki for better exp and stat growths (but that's if you have the DLC obvi). I will say, training weaker units has been difficult on Normal so I can't say what it will be like on Maddening, but it has worked and I've gotten most units up to level 20 advanced in about 3-4 skirmishes.

On Maddening

Need some help with Griffin Chloe. She got 2 Energy drops and has a Killer Lance +3 with +crit engravings but astonishingly that´s neither reliable, nor is it enough to 1rko even with crit. I gave her Leif for the build, so she can use the Lance and double more enemies, but at the same time I´m thinking slapping Eirika on her for Lunar Brace seems like a modestly better idea.

Also, any experiences what to do with Goldmary? She has this weird combination of bulk, spd, str and utility (she´s a lvl 5 hero right now) that I don´t know what to make of. Ike/Goldmary General/great Knight for maximum def gains? Lucina/Goldmary for double backup attacks?

33 minutes ago, Randoman said:

Do the difficulty of skirmishes max out at Advanced Level 20, or can they get even stronger?

They max at level 20 Advanced

1 hour ago, Imuabicus said:

Need some help with Griffin Chloe. She got 2 Energy drops and has a Killer Lance +3 with +crit engravings but astonishingly that´s neither reliable, nor is it enough to 1rko even with crit. I gave her Leif for the build, so she can use the Lance and double more enemies, but at the same time I´m thinking slapping Eirika on her for Lunar Brace seems like a modestly better idea.

Sigurd for Momentum should let her get some ORKOs if the first attack crits (and if you haven't inherited Canter on her yet, Sigurd providing that for free is nice because of the flexibility to avoid archers, fly out over water, etc.). As a bonus he also gives some of the build Leif gives.

Not sure about broader plans to reliably ORKO though. In my experience the only units who can really do that are ones who both have high str/mag and are invested in enough to double or critical. Positioning for chain attacks can help turn near ORKOs into actual ORKOs, though.

Edited by Dark Holy Elf

3 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

On Maddening

Also, any experiences what to do with Goldmary? She has this weird combination of bulk, spd, str and utility (she´s a lvl 5 hero right now) that I don´t know what to make of. Ike/Goldmary General/great Knight for maximum def gains? Lucina/Goldmary for double backup attacks?

I didn't use Chloé on my run, but I used Griffin Merrin which a lot of people have said performs pretty similarly. The first consideration you might want to make would be switching Chloé from a Lance Griffin to a Sword Griffin. The Levin Sword is significantly better than the Flame Lance in this game and Chloé should have enough magic to make good use out of it. Swords will also be less intense on her low Build. I gave Merrin Eirika which had a lot of synergy - Lunar Brace is a great help. For skills, I ran Canter and used the rest to buy Sword Power (she was eventually able to afford Sword Power 2). Sword Power is nice because it will boost damage to the Levin Sword, her Melee swords, and Eirika's swords as well. Forge up a beefy Silver Sword and she should be good to go.

Goldmary ended up one of my absolute best units for me. If you reclass her to Wyvern, her bases are really great (better than Rosado's as a Wyvern, actually). Giving her Sigurd gives her a lot of things she likes - a few points of build, some dex to improve her hit rates, even more defense, and an extra point of movement. Most importantly, she'll have Canter(+) from Sigurd, meaning that you can invest that starting 1800 SP elsewhere. She's one of the best candidates for Speedtaker because of this. Her base speed isn't incredible or anything, but she doesn't really have any noticeable flaws that need to be patched up so we can dedicate both skill slots to speed. After inheriting Speedtaker, use the rest of the SP that trickles in to purchase Spd +1/2/3/etc to boost her even further. Give her a nice hefty Silver Lance (now that she has the build for it - maybe engrave it for some extra hit though) and now you have a unit that is ultra mobile, hits hard, doesn't take damage, dodges... really the only thing she doesn't love are the Thoron sages that show up in the final chapters. A lot of people have been saying to go Great Knight/General on her - I haven't played around with that myself, but given how many enemies already can't even damage her as a Wyvern, I think that might be overkill on the defense. Also, she has a completely passable speed stat and easy access to the two best ways to boost it - not sure that's something I'd want to give up

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Is spamming Arena/meals/Recreations the best way of raising supports or do you get more out of having characters stay next to each other in battle, with or without Quality Time spam?

Thanks as always!

I believe activity like meal gives much more support points than stay next to each other, unless you spend ungodly amount of turn per map staying glued to each other. Quality time skill also mention support gain from it are tiny anyway

I did make [spoiler unit]  do support with 2 different royal and one of them only through activities (since said royal get benched) and other only via normal means. the activity-only one reach A faster iirc

On 2/10/2023 at 9:24 PM, Shadow Mir said:

I'ma be honest, you're overhyping this. 5 HP ain't a lot, especially considering that by the time you get access to this, you're well into the midgame. It doesn't help that it doesn't upgrade until bond level 18. And the upgrade isn't anything to write home about either...

Yeah I meant Quality Time+, I played hard mode and didn't do any mini games besides arena and sommie, and had plenty of bond fragments to get nearly all my units Dual Assist+ or Quality Time+, so I didn't consider gaining bond level 18 might be hard for some.

Could just be my playstyle, and it didn't help that I constantly had too little money for healing staves. But for me QT+ was more than worth the SP, bonds and skill slot on my healers and dancer.

On the engage meter: aside from stepping on emblem energy spaces, which maxes it out if it wasn't, is combat the only other method to fill it? And is it one segment every time a unit attacks or is attacked? Because I was trying to consult the in-game guide for a deeper look on the engage meter and how it fills, but they didn't say much about it.

Edited by Shadow Mir

15 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

On the engage meter: aside from stepping on emblem energy spaces, which maxes it out if it wasn't, is combat the only other method to fill it? And is it one segment every time a unit attacks or is attacked? Because I was trying to consult the in-game guide for a deeper look on the engage meter and how it fills, but they didn't say much about it.

There is a specific unit with unique class skill that fill it by one per turn

2 segment could fill at once if you kill enemy iirc. Alear weapon also increase engage meter +1 per attack. Either way its not strictly one segment increase

Can someone explain what it means when it says 'Unit's engage meter is shortened one step.'? I'm assuming it means it takes less time to get a full engage meter but I'm still not very sure

39 minutes ago, Azz said:

Can someone explain what it means when it says 'Unit's engage meter is shortened one step.'? I'm assuming it means it takes less time to get a full engage meter but I'm still not very sure

That's exactly what it does: the number of bars (in the circle surrounding each Emblem's icon) you need to fill is reduced by one. I hope this helps!

Edited by DefyingFates

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

That's exactly what it does: the number of bars (in the circle surrounding each Emblem's icon) you need to fill is reduced by one. I hope this helps!

Ah okay that makes sense. Thank a lot!

22 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

I kept Goldmary as a Hero and just got her to level 5 for Brave Assist. You can inherit Dual Assist from Lucina and put Ike on her as a Hero.

Goldmary won't be as bulky as she'd be in Great Knight or General, but she can still take hits fairly well as a Hero and doesn't lose chain attacking. Healing her to full HP when Brave Assist is needed is pretty manageable as well.

I personally stuck Lucina to Merrin instead, chain attacking with Daggers is just too good imo.

Edited by DaveCozy
dual assist to inherit, not dual strike