Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

I have a quick question: if Chloe were to promote to a griffin knight but I wanted her to switch from a lance to a sword variant upon promotion, does it still just need a master seal to promote her with the sword and staff proficiency or would I have to second seal her after promoting her?

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Barren said:

I have a quick question: if Chloe were to promote to a griffin knight but I wanted her to switch from a lance to a sword variant upon promotion, does it still just need a master seal to promote her with the sword and staff proficiency or would I have to second seal her after promoting her?

You'd need to promote then second seal.

Is there a hidden max number of chain attacks that can trigger from Dual Strike(+)? I gave the skill to Rosado and Chole and neither of them have activated the skill once. On the other hand, only my backup units and the unit with Lucina's ring has been consistently activating the skill. At first I thought my units were too close to each other so they can't reach the enemy but I've had my Backup units outside of enemy range with their current weapon so Dual Strike+ kick in instead. 

43 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

Is there a hidden max number of chain attacks that can trigger from Dual Strike(+)? I gave the skill to Rosado and Chole and neither of them have activated the skill once. On the other hand, only my backup units and the unit with Lucina's ring has been consistently activating the skill. At first I thought my units were too close to each other so they can't reach the enemy but I've had my Backup units outside of enemy range with their current weapon so Dual Strike+ kick in instead. 

I'm a little confused here. Dual Strike is a sync skill that works with emblem Lucina that lets anyone participate in chain attacks as if they were a backup unit, and you can inherit dual assist+ which will only work with backup units. I don't think that there's a limit to how many attacks can proc from dual assist.

Edited by samthedigital

1 hour ago, samthedigital said:

I'm a little confused here. Dual Strike is a sync skill that works with emblem Lucina that lets anyone participate in chain attacks as if they were a backup unit, and you can inherit dual assist+ which will only work with backup units. I don't think that there's a limit to how many attacks can proc from dual assist.

It seems like I misunderstood the skill. I thought the the skill granted units(without Lucina's ring) with the skill the Backup type and would allow them to participate in chain attacks regardless of the class they're in. I wasn't aware that Dual Strike only worked on Backup units. Thanks for the clarification. 

Edited by Flying Shogi

17 hours ago, Technoweirdo said:

Personally like Sigurd since she gets Bld, Dex, and Def while Sigurd gets someone capable of wielding great lances.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll definitely go with this pairing next time. 

14 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

If you have the DLC, Hector was talked up as a great choice for her back when Wave 2 came out because of his Heavy Attack skill. Maybe that's something you could look into?

I'll look into it! I do have the DLC, although I'm leaning towards Hector on Jade. They have some decent synergy, and I like how she looks Engaged with him. (I tried out Diamant (both as a Wyvern Rider and a Successeur), but I honestly prefer Bond Ring Chrom for that extra 5% activation rate on Sol.) 

5 minutes ago, Flying Shogi said:

It seems like I misunderstood the skill. I thought the the skill granted units with the skill the Backup type and would allow them to participate in chain attacks regardless of the class they're in. I wasn't aware that Dual Strike only worked on Backup units. Thanks for the clarification. 

That's not it. Dual Strike allows whoever is synced with Lucina to perform chain attacks as if they were a backup unit. Dual Assist, which it seems you are thinking of, is another skill entirely.

Edited by Shadow Mir

6 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's not it. Dual Strike allows whoever is synced with Lucina to perform chain attacks as if they were a backup unit. Dual Assist, which it seems you are thinking of, is another skill entirely.

Wow, I can't read :facepalm:

Yes, I was confusing Dual Strike with Dual Assist.

So... What's up with the General unit in Leif's paralogue that has a Meteor and Fracture they can't even use??? I know that the Jugdral games had an armored class that also had the ability to use magic, but staves..? Also, what's with the four lance fighters in the same level? It seems they run instead of fighting (which I wouldn't mind were it not for one of them having a speedwing on them). 

16 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

So... What's up with the General unit in Leif's paralogue that has a Meteor and Fracture they can't even use??? I know that the Jugdral games had an armored class that also had the ability to use magic, but staves..? Also, what's with the four lance fighters in the same level? It seems they run instead of fighting (which I wouldn't mind were it not for one of them having a speedwing on them). 

Yes, Barons could use every weapon type except for Light and Dark. He's meant to represent Cowen, who in Thracia used a Blizzard tome (hence the Meteor) and a pair of staves (hence Fracture).

Those four soldiers also fled in Thracia... for some reason. Though they didn't had droppable items there, from what I recall.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

18 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Yes, Barons could use every weapon type except for Light and Dark. He's meant to represent Cowen, who in Thracia used a Blizzard tome (hence the Meteor) and a pair of staves (hence Fracture).

Those four soldiers also fled in Thracia... for some reason. Though they didn't had droppable items there, from what I recall.

Huh. Now then, is there a Reinhardt analogue on that map...? Because for the fact that Leif names him and Saias as being among the forces he battled on that map, I don't think there's a unit on that map representing the former, whereas there is one that beings the latter to mind...

Edited by Shadow Mir

2 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Huh. Now then, is there a Reinhardt analogue on that map...? Because for the fact that Leif names him and Saias as being among the forces he battled on that map, I don't think there's a unit on that map representing the former, whereas there is one that beings the latter to mind...

It's Leif himself. He's in Reinhardt's spot.

52 minutes ago, Acacia Sgt said:

It's Leif himself. He's in Reinhardt's spot.

Shoulda seen that coming, I guess. He does feel really out of place among all those mage knights, though...

I got four more questions in Fire Emblem Engage so far:

1. I managed to completed chapter 13 and I think I might have accidently exited the exploration area by accident. How do I go back to the area exploring or do I come back after a Skirmish appears?
  2. By the way, I do notice that I'm getting leftover from the cafe and they only appear one on the inventory while depose the old one after asking for a new one. Can I feed Sommie the leftover food before coming to the cafe?
  3. How many more characters do they get recruited in the Paralogues besides Jean and Anna? (I think I got two more in-game paralogues been unlocked) I am not entirely too sure if the recruitment list from SF.net was fully updated since it didn't mention about what percentage it is at.
  4. How do I quickly grind my lower-level units to match the Current Enemy Lv. in Skirmish Battles or upcoming battles? I have been using Tiki Emblem for Jean and Framme and they're now around Lv. 10. The first promoted unit I used a Master Seal in my playthrough was Ivy.
Edited by King Marth 64

13 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

By the way, I do notice that I'm getting leftover from the cafe and they only appear one on the inventory while depose the old one after asking for a new one. Can I feed Sommie the leftover food before coming to the cafe?

Nope. The leftovers are an item you can use in battle to restore HP. Also, two skills work with those: Celica's Favorite Food (maxes out Engage meter after eating a packed lunch) and Bunet's personal (he has a chance to get a second copy of a packed lunch when he consumes one).

13 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

How many more characters do they get recruited in the Paralogues besides Jean and Anna? (I think I got two more in-game paralogues been unlocked) I am not entirely too sure if the recruitment list from SF.net was fully updated since it didn't mention about what percentage it is at.

It's just those two. With one exception, which is really late in the game, all of the other paralogues are trials where you face off against the Emblems. With the exception of Lyn, whose trial map instead takes place on a map from Binding Blade (specifically, the one where you get Mulagir), all of them are maps from prior games where the Emblems in question were protagonists. Clearing them unlocks max bond level for the Emblems.

Edited by Shadow Mir

Do we know what the enemy growth rates are for skills like Sink Below? I'm wanting to disentangle the bonuses granted by the Dark Roy emblem from those granted by the 3 extra levels the skill provides.

10 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Do we know what the enemy growth rates are for skills like Sink Below? I'm wanting to disentangle the bonuses granted by the Dark Roy emblem from those granted by the 3 extra levels the skill provides.

Speaking of, those extra levels aren't factored in when the units benefiting from this are defeated, are they?

1 hour ago, Florete said:

Does Draconic Hex require the unit to hit and/or do damage in order to activate?

I doubt it. It doesn't say so in the description.

3 hours ago, Florete said:

Does Draconic Hex require the unit to hit and/or do damage in order to activate?

It doesn't. I gave Corrin to Framme, and even with her dealing 0 damage or missing, it would activate.

Question, I always try to talk with everyone on explore so I can get all those bond fragments. But sometimes I leave an explore and get some bond fragments on leaving. Do I get those because I missed someone? If so, does leaving cause me to gain all fragments? That would mean I can stop talking to everyone. If not, why do I gain them on some explores?

4 minutes ago, whase said:

Question, I always try to talk with everyone on explore so I can get all those bond fragments. But sometimes I leave an explore and get some bond fragments on leaving. Do I get those because I missed someone? If so, does leaving cause me to gain all fragments? That would mean I can stop talking to everyone. If not, why do I gain them on some explores?

If you're talking about the post-map exploration thing then your assumption is correct; you'll get the bond fragments that you'd normally get by just leaving instead of talking to everyone. If you care about the story or unique talk conversations the game indicates those so you don't have to miss out on that either.

5 minutes ago, whase said:

You can ignore everyone and still get bond fragments from characters.  

That said, don't think you -quite- missed anyone. Accidentally spoke with a character twice one time -- a character with a blue dialog box -- and ended up getting their standard dialog along with bond fragments.

6 minutes ago, samthedigital said:

If you're talking about the post-map exploration thing then your assumption is correct; you'll get the bond fragments that you'd normally get by just leaving instead of talking to everyone. If you care about the story or unique talk conversations the game indicates those so you don't have to miss out on that either.

4 minutes ago, Technoweirdo said:

You can ignore everyone and still get bond fragments from characters.  

That said, don't think you -quite- missed anyone. Accidentally spoke with a character twice one time -- a character with a blue dialog box -- and ended up getting their standard dialog along with bond fragments.

Thanks! This will save me so much time, I should have asked this sooner! XD