Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

I'm aware that emblem rings get forcefully unequipped in arena, but does this also apply to DLC emblems? I'm specifically wondering if Tiki's Starsphere can be active on levels gained from arena without inheriting it.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering how last few paralogues on maddening were quite scary. I want to ask for advice.

*minor spoilers i guess*

I'm about to embark on the pact ring paralogue, from my first playthrough I remember this mission to be insane (even on normal 😄 ). Any advice, tips, strategy or skill recommendation you could give me, to get through this "easily"?

1 hour ago, Speedy said:

I'm about to embark on the pact ring paralogue, from my first playthrough I remember this mission to be insane (even on normal 😄 ). Any advice, tips, strategy or skill recommendation you could give me, to get through this "easily"?

Since I don't know your team composition I can only offer general advice: Try and clear everything on the map before killing the boss. That will give you more time to deal with everything else that spawns later.

8 hours ago, Florete said:

I'm aware that emblem rings get forcefully unequipped in arena, but does this also apply to DLC emblems? I'm specifically wondering if Tiki's Starsphere can be active on levels gained from arena without inheriting it.

I haven't tested it properly, but yeah all emblem rings/bracelets get removed since you can face dlc emblems in the arena by chance also you so if you want to make use of starsphere, you do need to inherit it, same as with lineage if you want to make use of that

1 hour ago, Speedy said:

Considering how last few paralogues on maddening were quite scary. I want to ask for advice.

*minor spoilers i guess*

The best I can offer in advice is what was stated above; kill the boss last. Also, use Freeze on the thief to buy time while you frag everything else. Third: You might want to consolidate your forces at the north before fragging the boss.

2 hours ago, samthedigital said:

Since I don't know your team composition I can only offer general advice: Try and clear everything on the map before killing the boss. That will give you more time to deal with everything else that spawns later.

Right now its:

Alear - wyvern knight (Lucina)

Chloé - Martial Master (Eirika)

Lapis - Wyvern knight (Edelgard)

Anna - Sage (Corrin)

Jean - Berserker (Ike)

Ivy - Lindwurm (Lyn)

Panette - Warrior (Hector)

Goldmary - Warrior (Sigurd)

Seadall (keep switching rings here, cant figure out which one would benefit him, since he is really just dancing)

Hortensia - Sleipnir rider (Mecaiah)

Alcryst - ble de la ble de blublable (or what ever that french class of his is called) (Byleth)

Yunaka - Thief (Marth)

Edited by Speedy

27 minutes ago, Speedy said:

Right now its:

If you want some team advice I'd swap Anna to Mage Knight or alternatively put Corrin on a more mobile unit to make better use of dreadful aura. If you need to stall (not sure how good your offense is) more than that you can use Divine Pulse+ on Hortensia with Micaiah with Freeze to help with the last wave of enemies. I could give you a few more reclass options, but if you're on hard mode you should be fine, probably.

9 minutes ago, samthedigital said:

If you want some team advice I'd swap Anna to Mage Knight or alternatively put Corrin on a more mobile unit to make better use of dreadful aura. If you need to stall (not sure how good your offense is) more than that you can use Divine Pulse+ on Hortensia with Micaiah with Freeze to help with the last wave of enemies. I could give you a few more reclass options, but if you're on hard mode you should be fine, probably.

I think I'm fine with classes I have they do work the way I inteded for them, the mystical dragon vein on corrin is really helpful for delaying, the one thing I strugle with is inheriting the right skills. The safe bet is canter, but for the second slot I am still considering few things I'm not so sure about.

Oh and its Maddening, not Hard 🙂

Edited by Speedy

56 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Why does Griss have boosted HP, defense and Dex in chapter 20? Because last I checked, Celica only boosts Mag, Str, and Res.

Dark Emblems have different effects. For example, Griss has different versions of Celica's Reflect and Warp Ragnarok too (but you must have already seen that, my bad if so).

Edited by DefyingFates

7 hours ago, Speedy said:

I think I'm fine with classes I have they do work the way I inteded for them, the mystical dragon vein on corrin is really helpful for delaying, the one thing I strugle with is inheriting the right skills. The safe bet is canter, but for the second slot I am still considering few things I'm not so sure about.

I used the dragon veins quite a bit in my first maddening playthrough, but by the second time my units were generating enough offense that there wasn't as much need to slow enemies down, but that's not something I can necessarily help with; it's little things like generating more enemy phase offense and optimizing builds that helps with that.

I always inherit canter ASAP (unless it's a Wrath/Vantage setup with Panette or something) and then decide the second one based on what the unit wants to do. I'm not familiar with DLC emblems, but if the unit is Hortensia and is just spamming staves then DP+ is amazing. Otherwise Hit+X, speed+x, and speedtaker are generally useful skills. You can probably optimize more depending on your units specific needs, but you're already near the end of the game, so might as well pick something that gives you a small benefit if you haven't already. =P

5 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Dark Emblems have different effects. For example, Griss has different versions of Celica's Reflect and Warp Ragnarok too (but you must have already seen that, my bad if so).

I was in prep when I asked. Though with that level being fog of war, my spidey senses are telling me Griss's warping is gonna be a pain in the butt.

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I was in prep when I asked. Though with that level being fog of war, my spidey senses are telling me Griss's warping is gonna be a pain in the butt.

Have you played the chapter yet? If not, have fun!

8 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Have you played the chapter yet? If not, have fun!

Nah. Still prepping. And thinking. Prolly gonna put Canter on some peeps first.

EDIT: How many crystals must I keep intact for the best reward in Byleth's paralogue?

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 3/19/2023 at 2:20 PM, Shadow Mir said:

Who exactly does Eirika work well with? Because it feels weird that Lunar Brace only works with physical attacks, but she boosts magic...

Any fast physical unit works well. Standouts include Griffin Knights who can run a Brave Sword and a Levin Sword (for e.g.), or Cupido Fogado can run both the Radiant Bow and the Brave Bow well.

Alternatively a Martial Master is a good suggestion too, as Arts have their own damage formula that uses both magic and strength but will activate Lunar Brace since they hit physical defense.

Halberdier is a good class too, no magic, but with Pincer Attack set-up you can double (or quad with Brave Lance) any enemy in the game and reap the benefits of Lunar Brace and Gentility.

On 3/21/2023 at 6:19 AM, Shadow Mir said:

How many crystals must I keep intact for the best reward in Byleth's paralogue?

You can let 2 crystals get destroyed and you'll still get the max rewards... which are a Talisman and an Elixir 🙃

Edited by DaveCozy

Does Holy Stance (and more importantly, Unholy Stance) remain active on both phases? Because I am really nervous about chapter 20 owing to that... namely, because I fear that Griss's attacks plus reflected damage from any hits he takes are likely to be fatal to my units...

Edited by Shadow Mir

14 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Does Holy Stance (and more importantly, Unholy Stance) remain active on both phases? Because I am really nervous about chapter 20 owing to that... namely, because I fear that Griss's attacks plus reflected damage from any hits he takes are likely to be fatal to my units...

Holy Stance does work on both phases, so I assume Unholy Stance is similar.

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Yup. Engage attacks also bypass those effects. A good tip for chapter 20 is to use Micaiah to AOE Illume turn one. Griss is usually there as he likes to spawn in the starting area. Have someone with Sigurd (my choice is brave sword/forged weapon Kagetsu) pull up and bonk him turn 1. Griss is pretty weak defensively. If you remove his first HP bar then he'll retreat to the top of the map and stay there. That'll simplify the map greatly (if you're not choosing to just warp skip it in one turn). 

Edit for grammar 

Edited by Mavi251

Man I thought pact ring paralogue is scary, but chapter 24... It's crazy, units have almost 40 speed while equipped with silver blade? And only 15 turns to finish it, any usefull tips? My idea is to try entrap the boss, but getting to range might be a trouble. I posted my roster few posts above, but just for better reference:

Alear - wyvern knight (Lucina)

Chloé - Martial Master (Eirika)

Lapis - Wyvern knight (Edelgard)

Anna - Sage (Corrin)

Jean - Berserker (Ike)

Ivy - Lindwurm (Lyn)

Panette - Warrior (Hector)

Goldmary - Warrior (Sigurd)

Seadall (keep switching rings here, cant figure out which one would benefit him, since he is really just dancing)

Hortensia - Sleipnir rider (Mecaiah)

Alcryst - ble de la ble de blublable (or what ever that french class of his is called) (Byleth)

Yunaka - Thief (Marth)

Spoiler

Mauvier - Griffin knight (dont remember what ring I have on him, I have hard time figuring out which one would be good on him)

Veyle - Fell child (right now Chrom, but I'm thinking about switching it up)

31 minutes ago, Speedy said:

Man I thought pact ring paralogue is scary, but chapter 24... It's crazy, units have almost 40 speed while equipped with silver blade? And only 15 turns to finish it, any usefull tips? My idea is to try entrap the boss, but getting to range might be a trouble. I posted my roster few posts above, but just for better reference:

The pact ring paralogue is far more difficult than chapter 24 in my opinion. Your entrap idea is how I've tackled the chapter every time I've played after my first run. You can safely ignore a lot of the enemies and the second half of the map that way while still getting all of the items if that's what you want. I honestly don't remember if any of it is good though, so you could even warp cheese in a few turns if you like too; you could do that for the rest of the game =P. If you're having troubles surviving you can swap Lucina to Chloe so that you have a 100% bonded shield for any unit to tank and kill units on enemy phase. I like having Panette!Ike with Vantage so that I have even more EP options too.

22 minutes ago, samthedigital said:

The pact ring paralogue is far more difficult than chapter 24 in my opinion. Your entrap idea is how I've tackled the chapter every time I've played after my first run. You can safely ignore a lot of the enemies and the second half of the map that way while still getting all of the items if that's what you want. I honestly don't remember if any of it is good though, so you could even warp cheese in a few turns if you like too; you could do that for the rest of the game =P. If you're having troubles surviving you can swap Lucina to Chloe so that you have a 100% bonded shield for any unit to tank and kill units on enemy phase. I like having Panette!Ike with Vantage so that I have even more EP options too.

I have Jean with Ike/Vantage, with Panette I tend to cover her with chain guard, and because she has Hector, she will double on defense.

24 minutes ago, Speedy said:

I have Jean with Ike/Vantage, with Panette I tend to cover her with chain guard, and because she has Hector, she will double on defense.

I have not played with the DLC stuff, but Panette reaches guaranteed hit+crit with the vantage+wrath setup; not sure if Jean does that.

9 minutes ago, samthedigital said:

I have not played with the DLC stuff, but Panette reaches guaranteed hit+crit with the vantage+wrath setup; not sure if Jean does that.

Since I build him properly from the start (second seal him immedietly into axe fighter, cause leveling him up as martial monk actually hurts him) it does, right now he has over 70hp and is my highest base Str unit. 🙂

Spoiler

Also I'm still question if I should reclass Veyle. I feel she would do better on Sage, even maybe Wolf Knight. I would lose the dragon type bonus, but I'm not sure if it such a good bonus to justify keeping her on a weak class.