Fire Emblem Engage General Questions Thread

Azz

On 4/19/2023 at 5:36 AM, Shadow Mir said:

EDIT: How nasty are the last maps' gimmicks? I don't need to worry about them killing my units, do I?

If you're still talking about Fell Xenologue, all maps have an enforced casual mode so you don't need to worry about getting people killed (you can still toggle the Normal/ Hard/ Maddening half of the difficulty though).

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

If you're still talking about Fell Xenologue, all maps have an enforced casual mode so you don't need to worry about getting people killed (you can still toggle the Normal/ Hard/ Maddening half of the difficulty though).

I was talking about the main story. 

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I was talking about the main story. 

Oh okay, in that case: the gimmicks aren't too scary since you get warned about how they work via pop-ups. The penultimate map gets pretty crazy with reinforcements though, so definitely watch out for that!

Edited by DefyingFates

On 4/21/2023 at 2:38 PM, DefyingFates said:

Oh okay, in that case: the gimmicks aren't too scary since you get warned about how they work via pop-ups. The penultimate map gets pretty crazy with reinforcements though, so definitely watch out for that!

How much damage does the laser beam in 25 do? I know the rocks in 23 have 40 power.

Also, does using Obstruct on areas where reinforcements are slated to pop up (like the stairs in 25, for example) stop them from coming?

EDIT: Any easy way to approach Corrupted Lumera? Because approaching her is a serious pain in the ass, with 2 wyrms, 2 meteor sages, and two entrap staves (with one set up such that if it connects, the unlucky unit is in range of the other... which, if THAT one hits, drags them into the reach of Lumera, the wyrms, and the mages. Assuming, of course, they don't get done in by the crap surrounding the first entrap user...).

Edited by Shadow Mir

Took me 3 months, but I finished all the achievements in FE Engage. To be fair, I only started going for them after I finished the game and not during it, and I also didn't play every day, so I could have done it way earlier. And to finish them all, I needed to wait until all DLC was released, so impossible to do before April.

8Al5Oz9.jpg MINEXYW.jpg

Some of these were so annoying to get... not because of difficulty, but because of repetition and how slow it is.

Play 200 Relay Trials, play 200 Outrealm Trials, create 5,000 Bond Rings... yeesh.

Did anyone else here also hate themselves went for all achievements?

Edited by Diovani Bressan

Have opinions on recommended donation levels changed with some of the changes the updates brought? Because I saw a donation guide, but I am taking that with a grain of salt, because I am still not sure if going over level 2 is worth it.

3 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Have opinions on recommended donation levels changed with some of the changes the updates brought? Because I saw a donation guide, but I am taking that with a grain of salt, because I am still not sure if going over level 2 is worth it.

If you can swing it lv 4 Brodia gives you an early Brave Sword to work with.

On 4/24/2023 at 12:21 AM, Diovani Bressan said:

Did anyone else here also hate themselves went for all achievements?

I'd like to eventually, but I'd also like to get all the Bond conversations for everyone which is... going to take quite some time so I'll be working at that first. It's good to take breaks while doing all this, isn't it?

11 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I'd like to eventually, but I'd also like to get all the Bond conversations for everyone which is... going to take quite some time so I'll be working at that first. It's good to take breaks while doing all this, isn't it?

Getting all the Bond conversations is not something I would like to do, but I wish you luck. A good thing about getting all Bond conversations is that you will also get the Emblem Outfits and Music by doing that, since you get the them by reaching Bond Lv 20 with 36 different units with that Emblem.

Not sure what is the fastest way: using the unit in skirmishes or buying Bond Levels with Fragments in Arena. I had to do so much fishing to be able to create 5,000 rings... If you go for the fishing strat, fish during the Afternoon since it has fishes that give 500 and 1,000 fragments.

1 hour ago, Diovani Bressan said:

Getting all the Bond conversations is not something I would like to do, but I wish you luck. A good thing about getting all Bond conversations is that you will also get the Emblem Outfits and Music by doing that, since you get the them by reaching Bond Lv 20 with 36 different units with that Emblem.

Not sure what is the fastest way: using the unit in skirmishes or buying Bond Levels with Fragments in Arena. I had to do so much fishing to be able to create 5,000 rings... If you go for the fishing strat, fish during the Afternoon since it has fishes that give 500 and 1,000 fragments.

I did the math (though most of the work was done by plugging numbers into a spreadsheet) and I still a bit over 77 hours of straight fishing to get the fragments I need. If you set the bonus fish to Bisot Tuna you can get 10,000 fragments every 20 minutes or so so I think that's the most efficient method. The alternative is giving everyone on your party Reposition or other assist skills and spamming those each turn. I'm going to try that for a bit after today I think, just so I don't get too burnt out.

40 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I did the math (though most of the work was done by plugging numbers into a spreadsheet) and I still a bit over 77 hours of straight fishing to get the fragments I need. If you set the bonus fish to Bisot Tuna you can get 10,000 fragments every 20 minutes or so so I think that's the most efficient method. The alternative is giving everyone on your party Reposition or other assist skills and spamming those each turn. I'm going to try that for a bit after today I think, just so I don't get too burnt out.

Considering you also want to get all the achievements alongside side all Bond levels, saving the fragments for Bond Rings while grinding Bond supports with reposition sounds a good idea. Just use fragments to get Ike Lv 5 with everyone and beging to repo.

I can give you some tips for getting the achievements that take more work/repetition, if you want.

Just use fragments to get Ike Lv 5 with everyone and beging to repo.

I'm just thinking of how much time each option would take. 10,000 fragments is enough to max out a single Emblem for one character and get them roughly half the way through a second, and as I said that only takes ~20 minutes. Is a 20 minute skirmish really going to have as much value?

That said, giving everyone Reposition was a very recent thing I started trying, so it could very well be the smarter decision - I'm close to 2m fragments right now, so at worst I could Reposition my main units into maxing out Bonds and use fragments for those I didn't use. I'll be taking a small break starting tomorrow, but I'll think about it once I get back to it!

I can give you some tips for getting the achievements that take more work/repetition, if you want.

Ooh, color me intrigued!

3 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Ooh, color me intrigued!

I will put them on a spoilers tab, so it doesn't looks to big for others that are not interested on it:

Spoiler

• Deploy XXX 5 times: Just deploying the unit and starting the map counts for the achievement. You don't need to play the entire map. So you can deploy, start the map, and reset the map. Do it 5 times and that will count.
  • Defeat 500 enemy soldiers: You can fight soldiers during the main story mode, but not enough to complete the 500 kills. To fight more soldiers, only in skirmishes and in especific places as well. Skirmishes in the Firene Castle, Brodia Castle and Solm Palace are training skirmishes where you fight soldiers of those realms, so everytime you get a skirmish in those 3 maps I recommed doing them.
  • Block an attack 300 times: "block" means using Chain Guard. This one takes a while. I made a video showing my strat:
  • Clear Tempest Trials: Just do them for the Difficulty 50. 
  • Take Part/Win Relay Trials: The "Win" only counts for the person who finishes a Relay Trial. If you start the map, but another person ends it, then you will not get the win for the achievement. The easiest way would be starting the first map, the Verdant Plains, and do it on your own. It's not that hard to do it solo.

Edited by Diovani Bressan

1 minute ago, DefyingFates said:

By the way, if you've maxed out a unit's stats, do you lose anything by keeping them at Lv 20/ 40 instead of reclassing them?

I honestly don't remember. I never reclassed someone after they reached max stats.

On 4/25/2023 at 5:47 AM, ciphertul said:

If you can swing it lv 4 Brodia gives you an early Brave Sword to work with.

Why would that be important? I know Brodia gives more ore than other nations with donations, but I'm not sure I'd consider the weapons gotten to be important...

Also, have the updates changed what's good to go for skill inheritance wise?

EDIT: is it just me, or does Alcryst suck on maddening?

Edited by Shadow Mir

On 4/26/2023 at 4:13 AM, Shadow Mir said:

Why would that be important? I know Brodia gives more ore than other nations with donations, but I'm not sure I'd consider the weapons gotten to be important...

Also, have the updates changed what's good to go for skill inheritance wise?

EDIT: is it just me, or does Alcryst suck on maddening?

The Well made some of the 3k SP skills more worthwhile (e.g. base Lunar Brace) but the skills costing 5k and up are still quite demanding.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few spoilerish questions in Engage and I'm at Chapter 23 as of right now:

Spoiler
  1. Since I recruited all 5 DLC allies including Nel & Rafal, can you use their Fell Stones on Veyle to let her transform into a Dragon since her Fell Stone got shattered in Chapter 21?
  2. Since Alear can use the Emblem+ in my playthrough in Chapter 23, can Alear use Emblem+ Engage on anyone with that has an Emblem equipped or do you need to have anyone to remove any Emblem Ring/Bracelet off to let anyone wear Emblem Alear Ring? Also, can you use Emblem+ while having Alear wearing the Emblem Ring/Bracelet on?
  3. I have a few remaining allies needed more grinding training before reaching to LV. 20 (I was thinking of Leveling them up for Base Stats. before promoting them to use the Master Seal), where can you grind the lower units faster since those Skirmishes are too tough to let them fight as of right now?
  4. I know that I did ask this question earlier that I'm almost done completing the game, but I'm at Chapter 23 as of right now, but is Chapter 26 the last chapter of the game or is it Chapter 25? (I know that Shadow Mir had mentioned I used to have 7 remaining when I was at Chapter 18 back then on April 8th.)
Edited by King Marth 64

4 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

I have a few spoilerish questions in Engage and I'm at Chapter 23 as of right now:

Hide contents
  1. Since I recruited all 5 DLC allies including Nel & Rafia, can you use their Fell Stones on Veyle to let her transform into a Dragon since her Fell Stone got shattered in Chapter 21?
  2. Since Alear can use the Emblem+ in my playthrough in Chapter 23, can Alear use Emblem+ Engage on anyone with that has an Emblem equipped or do you need to have anyone to remove any Emblem Ring/Bracelet off to let anyone wear Emblem Alear Ring? Also, can you use Emblem+ while having Alear wearing the Emblem Ring/Bracelet on?
  3. I have a few remaining allies needed more grinding training before reaching to LV. 20 (I was thinking of Leveling them up for Base Stats. before promoting them to use the Master Seal), where can you grind the lower units faster since those Skirmishes are too tough to let them fight as of right now?
  4. I know that I did ask this question earlier that I'm almost done completing the game, but I'm at Chapter 23 as of right now, but is Chapter 26 the last chapter of the game or is it Chapter 25? (I know that Shadow Mir had mentioned I used to have 7 remaining when I was at Chapter 18 back then on April 8th.)
Spoiler

1. That was Alear's Fell Stone, not Veyle's. And no, only Nel and Rafal can use them.

2. There's no need. Engage+ can be used even if other characters, or even Alear themselves for that matter, have one already equipped.

3. If they're too weak for Skirmishes... the Arena might be your best bet. Else seek Training Skirmishes, since at least Casual Mode is always active on them.

4. Chapter 26.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I'm at the last Paralogue and at Chapter 24 as of right now. I got a few questions:

1. After I completed Chapter 26, is there any Post Game Content in Engage? (I think I did heard about Engage had the Post Game Content like Echoes: Shadows of Valentia had, I already did complete all the DLCs.)
  2. I managed to promote all my lowered base class units into Promoted Units and gave Citrinne a second Sage promotion through Second Seal when she surpassed Lv 20 Sage (Citrinne is my first Engage Unit to use a Second Seal after a maxed out Lv Grinding in Promoted Unit) and I got a few Close to be Maxed Out Lv Promoted Units coming to be Maxed out as well, what Promoted Lvs do I need to have my units to be grinded them before entering Chapter 24 through 26?
  3. How do I sell Horse Manure out of my inventory in the game and get gold out of them? (I don't want to keep rudely give any of my units Horse Manures out of kindness)
Edited by King Marth 64

6 minutes ago, King Marth 64 said:

Ok, I'm at the last Paralogue and at Chapter 24 as of right now. I got a few questions:

1. After I completed Chapter 26, is there any Post Game Content in Engage? (I think I did heard about Engage had the Post Game Content like Echoes: Shadows of Valentia had, I already did complete all the DLCs.)
  2. I managed to promote all my lowered base class units into Promoted Units and gave Citrinne a second Sage promotion through Second Seal when she surpassed Lv 20 Sage (Citrinne is my first Engage Unit to use a Second Seal after a maxed out Lv Grinding in Promoted Unit) and I got a few Close to be Maxed Out Lv Promoted Units coming to be Maxed out as well, what Promoted Lvs do I need to have my units to be grinded them before entering Chapter 24 through 26?
  3. How do I sell Horse Manure out of my inventory in the game and get gold out of them? (I don't want to keep rudely give any of my units Horse Manures out of kindness)

1. Not quite. You get some bonus items, but no actual new content unlocks.

2. The Recommended Level is a good yardstick. But if you have done stuff like reclass several times, then I guess if the combined amount of levels has already surpassed the Recommended Level, then it's fine.

3. I don't think there's a way to get rid of it outside gifting it, that I know of.

On 5/21/2023 at 6:53 AM, King Marth 64 said:

After I completed Chapter 26, is there any Post Game Content in Engage? (I think I did heard about Engage had the Post Game Content like Echoes: Shadows of Valentia had, I already did complete all the DLCs.)

The level cap for Tempest Trials goes up from 40 to 50, but apart from that there's no extra content. Just endless skirmishes for you to experiment and grind Supports/ Bond levels with.

Are the Emblems fixed in terms of order you obtain them? Or does the game decide this randomly as soon as you start a new file (barring Marth, who's presumably always first)?

I find it suspicious that when you do paralogue battles, an Emblem you got at the end of the previous chapter is often like "We've known each other all this time" and so on. I wonder if that's because there are scenarios where they were indeed obtained near the beginning and I just happened to be playing the scenario in which they weren't.

Edited by Hrothgar777

Okay, I’m at in the final chapter and I did seen a lot of enemies including Sombron are at Lv. 20. I have a few questions since I’m at Casual Mode & Normal Mode and I have 6 units repromoted after maxing out Lv. 20 using Second Seal and I have every non-promoted units promoted.

1. What highest promoted level should I used in the final battle? I was going to use Panette but I had her as a Lv. 8 Berserker (but going to use Ike Ring), Celine as an around Lv. 10 Verlaine, and Chloe as a Lv. 9 Griffin Rider (but going to use the Tiki Bracelet for survival encounters and going to use Divine Revival Stones for Alear and others later on)
  2. Would it be best if I do some more grinding for my picked units in training skirmish before fighting Sombron?
Edited by King Marth 64

Not that it’s a question but it turns out that if you’re a lance flier i.e Chloe, if you have developed a sword proficiency you can go to sword griffon knight via master seal. No second seal necessary.

image.png.42ca31b328b69ef722175364f5edba98.png