• Hard/Classic
    • Maddening/Casual
    • Maddening/Classic

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Jotari said:

I've went for maddening myself. The first three chapters were basic tutorial stuff, but four and five have been decently challenging.

Do reinforcements come in before enemy phase or not?

13 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

With Hard, they're inactive when they appear and you get an tip to be careful around forts, stairs, and the edges of the map. I'm not sure about maddening, though, considering how the only example that I have is on Chapter 4 and that set of abominations don't move as soon as they spawn. But I can see this changing in the later levels, though

Edited by Armchair General

Hard/Classic

Am i glad i didn't go Luna first because the game doesn't mess around XD

1 hour ago, Shadow Mir said:

No ambush spawns. I've seen people playing Luna saying they have no ambush spawns, either

2 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

No, haven't seen any ambush reinforcements yet. Though I think they might come before the player phase banner comes up, so end of enemy phase, as I've had some moments of undue panic. But I suppose technically the end of enemy phase is probably standard? And I might even be mistaken. Overall though, no, no ambsuh spawns yet.

1 hour ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Hard/Classic

Am i glad i didn't go Luna first because the game doesn't mess around XD

No ambush spawns. I've seen people playing Luna saying they have no ambush spawns, either

What's luna? Is that the Japanese term they've went with for the highest difficulty? 

My one major complaing about the gameplay so far is that they've been crazy generous with divine pulse, giving you 10 out the gate. In SOV you had to actively look for gears and in 3H you had to do a decently challenging paralogue, but here it's just 10 from the start, which is kind if the opposite of what I want. I like time rewind as a concept, but I'd prefer it be more limited as an emergency button rather than a base way to play the game. If 10 is the max gained from the start then I think at this point giving the player the choice of how many time pulses they want to have at the start of a playthrough is the best game design. Let the players make a weighted choice they need to abide by for how much they want to rely on time rewind. From 0 to infinity.

At least the first three chapters before you get time rewind are a cake walk, unlike in 3H where the opening chaoters are some of the hardest in the game by not having the crutch.

12 minutes ago, Jotari said:

What's luna? Is that the Japanese term they've went with for the highest difficulty? 

Nah what i like to call hardest difficulty due to being used to saying Luna for Lunatic back during the Fates days

12 minutes ago, Jotari said:

My one major complaing about the gameplay so far is that they've been crazy generous with divine pulse, giving you 10 out the gate.

Honestly, just don't usee/or limit your use. The game is in no way designed around rewinds this time, unlike 3H Maddening

11 minutes ago, Shrimpy -Limited Edition- said:

Nah what i like to call hardest difficulty due to being used to saying Luna for Lunatic back during the Fates days

Honestly, just don't usee/or limit your use. The game is in no way designed around rewinds this time, unlike 3H Maddening

But I don't trust myself to stick to a choice. Much how I'd like a genuine iron man mode in Fire Emblem. Sure, you can just not reset a play iron man, but when I make a stupid mistake and get Moulder or someone killed on the second turn of the fifth chapter habbit amd temptation makes it easy to reset and carry on. I'm obviously going to try and limit my time rewinds because I don't intend to ever fuck up, but if I do fuck up then I deserve to reap the benefits and learn from it; but I probably won't if I'm the one holding the metaphorical whip. That's why I think making it essentially a difficulty setting is the best compromise. If you could choose on new game how many time rewinds you have per chapter  thrn I'd probably  choose 3.

6 minutes ago, Jotari said:

But I don't trust myself to stick to a choice.

That's on you tho.

While i agree a "setting" would be optimal, this time they just left all the options to the player, wether to use or not to use is up to the player, and didn't design the game around them

went for Hard/Classic

i only completed the first 2 chapters as of now, so i don't think i can really say anything, except that i'm really enjoying the gameplay so far

21 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

@JotariHow are enemy stats? Did they scale them back relative to 3 Houses (special mention to 14 AS thieves in goddamn chapter 2)?

Here's some Maddening stats if you want to see them.

Overall its been a smooth ride thus far. Only the Chapter 5 boss has been really noticeable, and he can be taken out with emblem skills pretty easily

Does Normal/Hard have the feature where bosses have to be beaten twice? Because that's something that makes them a lot more threatening. Especially since all the bosses have been movers so far.

10 hours ago, Yexin said:

went for Hard/Classic

i only completed the first 2 chapters as of now, so i don't think i can really say anything, except that i'm really enjoying the gameplay so far

Me too!  So many fun, new, mechanics.  Break, chain attack/guard, engaging, and more!

Norma/Casual for the first playthrough. Might do Hard afterward. 

4 hours ago, Jotari said:

Does Normal/Hard have the feature where bosses have to be beaten twice? Because that's something that makes them a lot more threatening. Especially since all the bosses have been movers so far.

Yes. I'm playing Normal and have gotten to Chapter 7. I have fought two bosses with this feature already.

40 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Norma/Casual for the first playthrough. Might do Hard afterward. 

Yes. I'm playing Normal and have gotten to Chapter 7. I have fought two bosses with this feature already.

I feel slightly surprised. That seems like a kind of feature that would be left for a harder difficulty. But I'm also glad to hear it, as that means the game will be designed around the feature and it probably won't be too egregious like it would be if it was just slapped on to maddening.

Also I'm going to stick a poll on this thread.

hard/classic. its challenging enough it makes me reset / redo a couple times on almost every map, but still feel perfectly beat-able even with minimal grinding

Hard Casual, I feel like the first playthrough is the one where you want to experience as much of the characters and supports as possible, and I wanted to test my myself a little, experiment with the new features and figure how I want to build. I decided classic would be my second playthrough this time as the whole point of classic mode imo is to make you experiment with your other party members. Learned that lesson from Three Houses and losing Hilda very early on only to not have her for the entire game. 

Edited by Yunglex313
Fix typo