1. 1. What's your difficulty?

• Normal/Casual
    • Normal/Classic
    • Hard/Casual
    • Hard/Classic
    • Maddening/Casual
    • Maddening/Classic

1 hour ago, Jotari said:

Lyn's paralogue is probably the worst designed of the ones I've played, with a massive number of longbow cavalry that you can't enemy phase that crowd up on you at a choke point.

Alcryst: *finger guns* "That's where you're wrong, kiddo."

At least, that's my Hard/Classic experience. Can't speak to anything happening off in Maddening land.

On 1/26/2023 at 9:31 AM, Jotari said:

That just sounds like you've overlevelled on skirmishes, making the main plot too easy, while skirmishes maintain their difficulty as they're probably scaled to your average level.

I just don't get skirmishes in this game. If the point is to help train your army up and get resources for the next story map... then why are they harder than the next story map? If I can comfortably do the next story map... then why would I be grinding? 3H's Aux battles tended to the easy and boring side, except when a monster showed up, but they served the purpose of grinding, and getting resources for the main campaign, far more effectively. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It feels like they wanted to make a old school non-grindy linear Fire Emblem but they had to phone in the features or the fans would complain. So they made it as useless as possible. 

Frankly I kinda like the super hard skirmishes. They're fun to play. Way better than the skirmishes in three houses or awakening. The awards are pitiful however. Especially gold. I don't understand how they expect us to pay for all the donations in this game. Do you even get 400k gold over the course of the campaign. I reckon you maybe get about 100. 

3 hours ago, Scaramuccia said:

On hard I enemy phased big parts of it without too much trouble - there were some important things for this strategy to succeed(Louis been able to kill mages with spear on retaliation before getting doubled for example). Still main thing was choke point control and making sure that they can't swarm you. The map played really well. Don't forget that paralogs don't scale with your progress so it is a good think that they are really tough as there is always an option to outlevel them.

I basically had Alear on a bridge slowly killing every adjacent enemy one at a time with the rest of my army doing what they could to take out ebemies they could lure away from the critical mass of units.

Ike's chapter was similar, only significantly more difficult so with more thought required. It's a good thing he's a bit more aggressive than Lyn so you can end things a bit earlier provided the crowd control lets him get near you.

1 hour ago, Imuabicus said:

On Maddening chapter 16, so far the paralogues have been a solid yikes from me. I looked at Lucinas and decided, yep, not now or anytime soon.

But, is it just me or do the maps drag on? Every map is a solid 1-1 1/2 hours. 

Lucina's I'd rate as the easiest by quite a huge ammount. I was able to more or less complete it at around chapter 13, only at that point I wasn't really able to damage Lucina herself! But a few levels and Emblems later and it was a cinch. Unlike most the enemy desnity is quite low on her chapter so they're quite easily managed. The area is quite small so it's easy to pile on top of her and kill her quickly.

Byleth also has among the easier ones unless you're determined to do the optional task perfectly...which I was XD then it becomes a very tight well desgined chapter where you need perfrct plannin in the opening turns and perfect improvisation in the later turns.

Overall I'd say the most challenging are Ike and Corrin's. Though I haven't done all of them yet. Currently working on Micaiah's. Seems to have a but if the enemy hoard issue too, though I haven't had a good run at it yet. Just a tester to see if it can be warp skipped as Mickey has pretty low defense.

3 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

On Maddening chapter 16, so far the paralogues have been a solid yikes from me. I looked at Lucinas and decided, yep, not now or anytime soon.

But, is it just me or do the maps drag on? Every map is a solid 1-1 1/2 hours. 

I actually did Lucina's paralogue at that time because I got Corrin. Figured bosses are immune to a lot of things, but Corrin doesn't do those things.

As for maps dragging on, haven't really felt that outside of Ch. 15. Cramped spaces, miasma, doors -- all slowing you down in a chapter that doesn't have much combat for how long you actually spend there. Not a bad tutorial on dancing and Dragon Vein though.

9 hours ago, Shanty Pete's 1st Mate said:

I just don't get skirmishes in this game. If the point is to help train your army up and get resources for the next story map... then why are they harder than the next story map? If I can comfortably do the next story map... then why would I be grinding? 3H's Aux battles tended to the easy and boring side, except when a monster showed up, but they served the purpose of grinding, and getting resources for the main campaign, far more effectively. 

they are not "harder than next story maps" exactly, they just keep calculate the average of your levels everytime they refresh. so if you keep grinding to increase everyone level, they will keep getting harder even if you dont advace chapter as far as i can tell

6 hours ago, scigeek101 said:

Especially gold. I don't understand how they expect us to pay for all the donations in this game. Do you even get 400k gold over the course of the campaign. I reckon you maybe get about 100. 

they want you to buy the dlc to get that silver card

pretty sure they are not meant to be upgraded fully before you finish the game since they dump quite big money after post game.. why else would they do that if you already upgrade all the donation to max then. altho its not clear at all when playing

1 minute ago, joevar said:

they are not "harder than next story maps" exactly, they just keep calculate the average of your levels everytime they refresh. so if you keep grinding to increase everyone level, they will keep getting harder even if you dont advace chapter as far as i can tell

they want you to buy the dlc to get that silver card

pretty sure they are not meant to be upgraded fully before you finish the game since they dump quite big money after post game.. why else would they do that if you already upgrade all the donation to max then. altho its not clear at all when playing

It just seems really high to me. 

It's like 90k to raise a single country to max, and there are five of them, and the benefits for doing so seem like they aren't worth it.  

Why should I upgrade countries in the post games besides simply doing it for completion sake? 

1 hour ago, scigeek101 said:

It just seems really high to me. 

It's like 90k to raise a single country to max, and there are five of them, and the benefits for doing so seem like they aren't worth it.  

Why should I upgrade countries in the post games besides simply doing it for completion sake?

beats me. its just another stuff that gets weirdly balanced / screwed because now theres post-game. just look at Emblem weapon upgrade. you cant upgrade 1 capacity from 1 single run of trial even when your level is enough to beat the penultimate chapter. and the reward scaled to trial level, but its capped.

but then boom, post game actually unlock trials cap that you can go even higher, and since the reward also scale.. welp. "what the point" right? i dunno XD

Edit: thinking back on it again, it seems they want us to partake in Multiplayer/ challenging map via trial tower. So theres still some kind of progress while we're doing that post game.  (receives stuff via donation, upgrading endgame weapon, upgrading Emblem)

Edited by joevar