Favorite supports you've seen?

icedcoffeeboy

The voice acting kind of turned me away a lil in the beginning but it feels like its getting better as I  continue playing. The timing of auto-advance in convos also varies between lines, which made me laugh occasionally. My fav support so far just with the few I've seen are Alear and Vander's C support, where it's basically a copy of Chrom and Frederick's from Awakening lolol. Boucheron and Alfred being constantly gay 24/7 is also appreciated. hbu guys :3c

Among the ones between Alear and the four crown royals, my favorites are those with Ivy and Alfred. The only non-Alear support I have seen is between Yunaka and Seadall, but I thought that was also really good. 

Edited by Corbin

6 hours ago, PokéStarz said:

I’ve only seen the C support so far, but I thought Céline and Alcryst had an interesting setup.

I agree with that. So far most supports focus on Celine just being a cute happy princess, so its nice to see a support that delves into her fears and vulnerabilities. Meanwhile Alcryst often is a bit too wimpy so its nice to see him take charge and be there for a kindred spirit. 

So I'm kinda enjoying the lighthertedness of a lot of the supports. A lot of Goldmary's supports are kinda hilarious although I'd hate to deal with someone like that in real life. Diamant and Timerra's B support is also pretty funny.

One thing that I do feel 'eh' about is that English translation seems to tone down the sweetness of S supports for characters that are 18+. I just read Boucheron's S support/wake up events in Chinese and he seems a lot sweeter in Chinese than in English. For example, in Chinese, Boucheron says something along the lines of 'Your smile...I will protect it' in one of the wakeup events but the English translation is: 'Don't worry about a thing. I will always be here to protect you'.

The S support character card also has a slightly suggestive line that roughly translates to 'When the two are alone, they become very passionate' which is completely removed in English.

Edited by zuibangde

24 minutes ago, zuibangde said:

So I'm kinda enjoying the lighthertedness of a lot of the supports. A lot of Goldmary's supports are kinda hilarious although I'd hate to deal with someone like that in real life. Diamant and Timerra's B support is also pretty funny.

One thing that I do feel 'eh' about is that English translation seems to tone down the sweetness of S supports for characters that are 18+. I just read Boucheron's S support/wake up events in Chinese and he seems a lot sweeter in Chinese than in English. For example, in Chinese, Boucheron says something along the lines of 'Your smile...I will protect it' in one of the wakeup events but the English translation is: 'Don't worry about a thing. I will always be here to protect you'.

The S support character card also has a slightly suggestive line that roughly translates to 'When the two are alone, they become very passionate' which is completely removed in English.

English localisation is the worst, more news at 7.

Spanish also, after a good 3H L11N effort. I am not super proficient at Japanese (N2-3 level), but after starting the game and reading Spanish Vander's "caray!" (kind of a "Gosh!") for a line that had 10 seconds of full Japanese voice over, I had to turn into Japanese. Lots of things I don't fully get, but Boucheron for example comes as extremely sweet and pleasant, he's pure husband material. Pity they turned him into an American average hero in the English L11N.

Also, Clanne + Framme made me laugh. And so did the absurdness of Etie + Alfred and Alfred + Boucheron.

Edited by szechuan

23 minutes ago, szechuan said:

Pity they turned him into an American average hero in the English L11N.

Yep, for my second playthrough, I might do it in Chinese to see if the other characters come across better. It's strange that although the things that happen in supports are pretty similar, I didn't really pick up on how sweet Boucheron is in English? The word choices in Chinese really hone in on how gentle and caring he is to everyone though. 

Edited by zuibangde