Hardest Map Thus Far

Xylaugheon Daily

On 1/24/2023 at 7:36 PM, PrincessAlyson said:

This. Sometimes I get decent skirmishes, other times I get ones that really want me to bring my A Team...when the point of skirmishes to grind your lower leveled units. Ugh. I'm currently at Chapter 9, though haven't started it. I'm playing on Normal/Casual. Chapter 8 was pretty rough, but I didn't lose any units or have to restart. Looking forward to future chapters!

This has also been my problem with Skirmishes. I generally like most of the cast, so I've been trying to keep everyone leveled evenly. But that means typically trying to take my currently-the-lowest-level characters on each map in order to get them caught up or pull ahead, then cycle to the next group of lowest-level. But in the Skirmishes, the way the enemies are ALL aggressive and ALL stronger than anyone I'm deploying, some of them are outright impossible. 

I've found some of the more constricted maps to be a lot easier to handle, and Trainings are a god-send since deaths just result in retreat and those characters missing out on the mass 30 Exp awarded at the end. But those are way less common than the murderous ones. Those wide open maps that you can't chokehold whatsoever, often with mounted or flying units, are just awful. I was more proud of a recent Skirmish victory in the big open snowy area outside of Brodia than any story map so far.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This isn’t really a difficult map, but I have a personal grudge against the Retreat chapter in the Shadowy Moor. Not only is it a fog of war map, but I lost Lapis before Ivy returned the Time Crystal. Would it be worth it to restart the entire chapter to save a unit that would be eventually replaceable by Kagetsu? I’ll never know. 

I am on Chapter 10 (Maddening/Classic) and need some help. I have lost Clanne, Alfred, and Louis way back in chapter 5 but thanks to dragon crystal powers nobody else has died. My promoted units include: Chloe, Citrine and Celine as a Griffin Knight, Sage, and Vidame. I've been using the break system, magic attacks and obstruct staff shenanigans to get around most maps. The problem I'm having is all the fliers on this map seem to ignore the break attacks I do if I use physical attacks on them, and obstructions plus my other units don't seem to stop Goldmary's group when I somehow clear Rosado's side with Celine and Citrine using Elsurge/Wind. I'm also using Chloe to take out the mages that will switch to attacking you if you clear Rosado's side. Yet I'm wondering if I shouldn't just drop Alcryst and Etie onto the map and Longbow the crude out of them to save headaches. As it stands, this is my toughest map so far.

I found Lyn's paralogue to be quite easy though I held off on doing it until after I had leveled up Lyn to max bond so around, chapter 18 or so. 

It definitely made me think it was gonna be a rough map looking at it but I was able to slow roll it baiting out enemies one by one. 

Spoiler

Until Lyn decided not to be a stupid Ai unit and started bumrushing me and spamming the OP arrow attack when I wasn't ready, was a fun but mad dash. Managed to block her approach at a bridge then barely scratched out the kill. Fun map. 

Wasn't quite as bad as Ike's paralogue though, was a nice easy and relaxing defense map until Ike decided to smash the damn wall (forgot he could do that) felt like the Dawn Brigade again with Ike rushing at me. 

When you see Ike bearing down on your with Ragnall and your units can't damage him for shit you know what the Por NPC mobs feel like. How the tables have turned. I had a mage in range though and Ike's res sucks and without that Soren earth support it's not hard to hit. But damn when the wall fell I was like holy shit. 

Hardest map so far for me was probably chapter 10. Also shout out goes to a random skirmish on the bridge level filled with dragon knights. 

On 1/27/2023 at 5:16 PM, Azz said:

Changing topic a bit, did anyone else find Micaiah's paralogue easy or was it just me?

Hers was the easiest one in my opinion. Micaiah is not very far away, and can be zerg-rushed by turn 2 to end it quickly.

After finishing the game (Hard/Classic), I laughed when I saw the turn count for Tiki's paralogue compared to all the other maps in the credits. Hardest FE map in recent memory, I only brought one archer (Etie) and she was just shy of being able to one-shot the dragons. Committed half my team to the reinforcement while the rest slowly whittled down Tiki while she constantly gave her dragon friend the revive stone. Just for laughs, it would be funny to see the other DLC maps match the insanity of this map lol

For regular campaign, I did not expect the level of reinforcements in Chapter 21 and I was one turn away from annihilation. Such a relief I could blitz down the boss on my last turn

Edited by EaterOfFarro

On Tiki's maddening paralogue, I just used the 10 waves of reinforcements to farm exp (I babied Etie enough that she could consistently one-shot them). Once I cleared the entire map but Tiki's room, I had a unit step on the tile to open her room and huddled my entire team into the barrier room on the far right on the map. Tiki's movement is inferior to her teammates and I used this to my advantage. Once they got to the barrier room on the far right, I had Louis block the entrance and used some canto and warp/rescue staff shenanigans to take out Tiki's dragon companion while letting Sigurd/Louis tank the enemy phase. I then rinsed repeat the following turn.

On hard and haven't really struggled, but I just finished Chapter 14 and felt there was a pretty big jump in levels. Fighting 4 bosses (with 6 life bars) at once was kind of tricky as most of my characters are swinging pool noodles. Haven't done any side content yet, so might have to do that next.