FE Engage Blind Ironman

Keikyushi

UHNBoYk.jpg

Hello everyone, and welcome to my first ever LP! I once heard someone saying that you can only blind ironman a game once, so I thought, why not try it with the latest game, Engage? This is actually my first time playing an Ironman too, so things might get really interesting... Anyways, I'm gonna play a soft ironman, which means Classic mode, no turnwheel, and no reset when a unit dies, except when said unit is the main character, then I will play the map again, just the way Kaga intended! You just have to trust me when I say I won't try to sabotage a level to save my favorite unit, okay? 🙂 

So, without further ado, let's get started, shall we?

Part 1: A Familiar Awakening

Spoiler

MJuKxLN.jpg

I want to name my MC "Toothpaste-chan" to honor all the glorious memes, but it is limited to only 8 characters. Oh well, "Colgate" will do just fine.

Hard/Classic because I'm not a wussy

1m3LcNh.jpg

YhZdHCJ.jpg

BADraM2.jpg

PAMPXGz.jpg

ryx3O6c.jpg

0c1uYjq.jpg

NuRjITz.jpg

1I8HZlO.jpg

We are greeted with this beautiful cutscene when starting the game.

El89sE3.jpg

Here's our boss. I find it interesting that his class is "Fell Monarch", not just "Fell Dragon"

4P1YwPj.jpg

Yeah, sure, keep telling yourself that when I shred you apart with my Lodestar Rush

qJT0odj.jpg

He then moves closer to me without attacking, which I find strange, until I realize his tome is 1 range only. Interesting.

OMSSSoa.jpg

Nice effect

0t2GxhZ.jpg

Okay, playtime is over. It's now time to ENGAGETM. 

fn8iSVw.jpg

hQmqf2I.jpg

VmgZisg.jpg

You really are saying that after being obliterated by me? Uh huh, sure dude

s0d4aM3.jpg91JHQpM.png

I'm sorry, but this just pops into my head

Umv7Sv0.jpg

It then cuts to Colgate waking up in a bed, and the first thing she sees is these two guys staring at her while she sleeps

Hmm... A premonition of sort, then waking up seeing two people first thing... Now where have I seen this before? Twice, in fact...

hizZKLT.jpg

Naming myself Colgate is the best idea ever.

Anyways, these are Vander and the twins Framme and Clanne, who are Dragon Guardians that take care of Colgate while she sleeps. Colgate seems to have some memory problem after sleeping for so long.

Looks like to be a Fire Emblem avatar, you need to have amnesia, know jack shit about the world, or is silent, sometimes more than one of them. Pick your poison.

izRpvTe.jpg

Colgate, and the Divine Dragon as a whole, are worshipped as gods here in Elyos. The kingdom of Firene in particular seems to be deeply religious; its prince and princess regularly come to visit sleeping Colgate and do... that. Okay? NGL I'm gonna talk to a sleeping god like a friend too if I could

gKZRhvT.jpg

DwJX6M5.jpg

I love these adorable simps

uZUxvPK.jpg

See, Colgate gets it

SUDDENLY...

K1kTFIv.jpg

These guys literally pops out of nowhere, on an open plain. You know, a smoke effect or something for entrance would work wonders here

Well then, let's start our first map, shall...

gGO9prI.jpg

Wait what?

Okay, that's unexpected, and certainly more interesting than I though. 

Unfortunately, the twins charge ahead anyways. Clanne even drops his tomes, so now he can't protect himself and his sister. Silly Clanne, Axe cannot break Tome!

Well, we're fighting these guys either way!

DObCw1i.jpg

Chibi pixel Colgate running is cute. Glad the 2D sprites still exist in the game one way or another

iSSDEEZ.jpg

This is our lord Colgate-chan. Her stats are average I guess, no magic and meh Res though. But she has pretty good Def

eaE1ctP.jpg

And this is our Jagen, Vander. Since he's a pre-promoted, nice bases. That speed can be a problem later on though.

aVw3hzj.jpg

This map is pretty straightforward. Vander weakens the enemies...

FhfEDtu.jpg

...and Colgate finishes them. Rinse and repeat.

After clearing the first batch of enemies, Colgate hears a voice calling to her. Who could that be...?

WHbA0Dy.jpg

It's Emblem Marth!

FGz8wj1.jpg

d5HuIIf.jpg

yRtZL4F.jpg

Wow these guys are strong, squaring off both Marth and Colgate like that.

rmXnJCg.jpg

Anyways, sorry for not including the map, but there are 3 enemies at the upper half, which is just enough for a 3-turn Engage

UWeeP9S.jpg

Poor Vander won't make it before the chapter ends

rKxMQXZ.jpg

I dispatch the first one easily. The second one just suicide charges into Colgate. On the next turn, I use Lodestar Rush to end the map in style.

G39G9wR.jpg

Colgate gets some bond with Marth too. Nice.

Well, that's not quite the end for our toothpaste lord though. Turns out there are still enemies coming, but are easily blasted to pieces by a kind dragon passing by, which turns out to be...

3HT2EVw.jpg

...yes mommy

KjnuPe0.jpg

Literally my reaction

5enl3xL.jpg

HWr35Tj.jpg

You know, I don't think complementing the other person's eye color is normal, but when you have red-blue heterochromia eyes, who knows.

Anyways, this lovely lady is Lumera, supposedly Colgate's mom, but of course, she doesn't remember it. For real though, it is quite sad when you reunite with your child after a 1000-year coma, only for the other person to not remember who you are huh.

9CTO1C0.jpg

kduqGue.jpg

POGFb54.jpg

YelzjfV.jpg

Y9GZ2Sx.jpg

This is something new in Engage. After each chapter, you can walk around the map, talk to people, pick up items, and even potentially adopt animals too!

OsiYndD.jpg

Too bad this pigeon doesn't want to come with us just yet.

tHq0NrH.jpg

...I have the humor of a first-grader

Okay, now I'm ready to leave for Lythos Castle.

bxOhtsO.jpg

Yes, ride on mommy

vfLsBUb.jpg

VPAl6uR.jpg

uWBY2Je.jpg

CF1oNCV.jpg

Mj0PMIm.jpg

l63t2ld.jpg

4z9q0Ii.jpg

Some lore dump about the countries of this place

CRpOx13.jpg

TITLE DROP!

And with that, we're officially to Chapter 2!

Edited by Keikyushi

Part 2: The First Jumpscare

Spoiler

gDouluM.jpg

Aaand we are at Lythos Castle. Home sweet home! Looking divine, too!

ohcadcC.jpg

Flustered Colgate-chan is cute

XcRMtOn.jpg

Clanne after being praised by Lumera. He gets dizzy pretty easily huh

MyQLaQr.jpg

Now where have I heard that before...

Lumera then talks about the Corrupted, which were the things we just fought, their creator, Sombron the Fell Dragon, and the war fought against him 1000 years ago

FntHoDT.jpg

I find it interesting she has to specify that Sombron is not native to Elyos, like an alien or something. This may or may not be a plot point in the future.

Nb0iQWA.jpg

She then takes us to the ring chamber to talk about the 12 Emblem Rings. I can see Byleth, Celica, and maybe Marth's statue here. Based on position, the rightmost statue might be Sigurd?

8E7cUrE.jpgfyYedCt.png

Basically, our quest is to collect all the Infinity Stones Emblem Rings stored in other countries and seal Sombron again using their power. Simple, right?

KsXNUuQ.jpg

Colgate then talks about the chant she used to summon Marth, which surprises Lumera for some reasons. Don't "..." me, that's hella sus!

KoyizQh.jpg

...uh-huh, okay...

ZxicCdQ.jpg

Finally, onto the battle!

wifyGdc.jpg

Naming myself Colgate is the best idea ever

87SalMQ.jpg

So that is how Fabrications are created. They are basically golems, got it. And Alear draws an interesting parallel between Corrupted and Fabrications. This may or may not be important in the future, hmmm...

Also, the Archer is cute.

GwQIHof.jpg

Naming myself Colgate is the best idea ever

fbjj5hM.jpg

Seems like even in Classic mode, you can still save mid-battle. Personally, I'm glad they added more options, not like I'll use them in this run anyways, but there will definitely be someone out there crying for its death if they ever find out

Anyways, to the battle itself!

NSoJJtR.jpg

YtLhjBm.jpg

The adorable simps finally join the fray. Clanne has nice Magic, Dex, Speed and Res, and that's all I need. Meanwhile Framme has middling stats everywhere. To be fair, she's primarily a healer, kicking people is merely a bonus I guess.

5iL2dwX.jpg

Here's the boss, Lumera. Her skill is useless since she doesn't have any Emblem Rings on her

1XFSe1l.jpg

Lumera's tutorial about the weapon triangle. Glad to see them back

For those who doesn't know, in this game, if you initiate attack while have weapon triangle advantage, you can inflict Break on the enemy, which leaves them incapable of counterattack for 1 next fight. Also, in addition to the traditional Sword-Lance-Axe, Brawling has advantage over Tome, Bow and Dagger (yes, there will be Dagger later on)

KK9Z3d0.jpg

5IzMf91.jpg

Vander tries to pick off the Archer, but can't quite finish her. Oh well, I'll let Clanne do the deed later

tQPYqKh.jpg

Never change, Framme

DMgbG1k.jpg

So remember what I said about letting Clanne finish the archer just 1 pic ago? Turns out the Axe Fighter is tankier than I thought, so Clanne has to soften him up first...

i30x4mF.jpg

Then Framme can finish her brother's job. The cute Archer lives for now

...And then she proceeds to take half of Framme's HP. Ouch!

3MvKmIB.jpg

Framme gets her revenge... and the first Break in the game!

DVS19TH.jpg

Clanne picking off Lumera from afar first. Mystical units (like Mages) ignore terrain Avoid bonus when attacking with a tome, which helps immensely here

FbYNBF7.jpg

I think you may want to have your dizziness checked, Clanne.

yB96wbN.jpg

Yes the hit rate is shaky, but he takes like no damage, so it should be fine

qqWFNHU.jpg

Vander then proceeds to blow me away by hitting AND dodging Lumera's attack against all odds. Good job!

FppBE1Z.jpg

Colgate gets the honor to deal the finishing blow to her mother.

I only realize after looking at this picture now that Colgate could have died if she missed and Lumera hit twice (which is super unlikely, but still!) Thankfully, me accidentally positioning her besides Clanne gives some much needed Hit to finish the job more reliably

HwuE7qX.jpg

She gets her first level-up from that. Meh... I'll take every Str and Spd I can get

SUbULUe.jpg

Oh, we're not done yet?

This time, Lumera's back with more Fabrications and...

70pzXIE.jpg

Emblem Sigurd!

B0mVNoy.jpg

I forgot to take a shot of her stats, but I think it should be the same as before. She also has Sigurd's Ridersbane, Canter and Gallop

i77KXaO.jpg

h2KDkxw.jpg

Clanne and Colgate work together to kill an Axe Fighter

2Wji8lQ.jpg

Meanwhile, Vander decides to bait the enemies

JiW4Mr8.jpg

Next turn. Vander easily kills the weakened Lance Fighter, then Framme Breaks the Archer so her brother can safely deal some damage.

I didn't realize the low hit rate until it's too late, but that's fine, she still lands a blow, enough to Break her opponent.

Oh, and by the way, Covert units (like Archers or Thieves) gets double Avoid bonus from terrain. That's the reason this Archer is extra hard to hit. 

eonmQ02.jpg

At that point, I realized Colgate does not retain the engage meter from the last fight, so she waits at the energy spot to charge up

bVnBjpz.jpg

Wait what?

MVddraO.jpg

WAIT WHAT!?

3bFGAHY.jpg

In hindsight, I should have known Lumera can and will absolutely Engage with Sigurd. I don't even know why I though that wasn't possible. Anyways, here's Sigurd!Lumera for anyone who's interested

For anyone who doesn't know, Engaging with an Emblem allows user to use the Emblem's weapons and skills. In this case, Lumera can use Sigurd's Ridersbane and the skill Gallop, which increase Mov by a ton, to absolutely destroy Vander like you just saw

Thank God Vander survived that hit. This seems like a non-permadeath practice fight, but who knows! I ain't risking it.

Change of plan. Focus on killing Lumera right away. Just the sight of her 12 movement makes me lightheaded...

zOWfRRW.jpg

Framme can do no damage to the boss, so she's back to bullying the Archer. Too bad her opponent survives with 1 HP.

hZDsxLf.jpg

Poor Colgate cannot reach the fight in time to help

yUylf4u.jpg

I have Clanne soften her up from afar first, then let Vander deals the finishing blow. Sub 90 hit rate is scary, but again, good job Vander!

And with that, the map is over

C6de1r0.jpg

What did Colgate do anyways?

IZKUlQm.jpg

Yes, quite the feat indeed! Please never jumpscare us like that again!

LSZRhRf.jpg

Libération obtained

Yx9MKVC.jpg

Oh, there's something else too?

That turns out to be a decorative handmade ring Lumera made for Colgate's birthday, long ago. Awww!

However, Colgate refuses to accept it, since she doesn't feel right receiving a gift when she barely remembers her own mother.

J8KoPck.jpg

Again, stop "..." me.

Anyways, post-battle strolling time!

a3LqMoF.jpg

Yes, absolutely, you should have been the MVP, Clanne!

SvyU5Vh.jpg

I was about to talk to Framme, but was distracted by cats! 3 of them, in fact. None are interactable though. What a pity.

jxO7L5F.jpg

Yes you should, Framme. I really don't want to leave you on the bench.

...Maybe I should just let her stick to healing duty

I also found some Iron Ore and a Berry by the fountain. Littering the place like that, some people...

And with that, chapter 2 is over!

Edited by Keikyushi

Part 3: Nobody Expects The ??? Inquisition!

Spoiler

yAoKQm8.jpg

Before we start, I just realized that the title screen changes based on which Emblem Rings you possess. I wonder if it will have any further changes when we finish the game.
Anyways, back to the game itself!

08KPIL8.jpg

That's a flag, Lumera.
fades to black...

95WYy55.jpg

When you sacrifice your own units for a gaiden chapter.
That turns out to be just a nightmare Colgate is having. Luckily, Marth is there to comfort her.

mHslr53.jpg

Why yes, he's always standing there, watches her sleep, never *ever* leaves, why do you ask?
Colgate asks Marth what was she like 1000 years ago, to which he replies

G1H4fKn.jpg

Uh huh, sure Marth. That's totally not dodgy at all.
Suddenly...

3wXn9Hs.jpg

Doesn't this place has any guards? Soldiers? Any protection at all?

cT94gXj.jpg

Anyways, here's our boss of the day, Abyme. Standard Armored boss, not much to comment.
...She's cute.

PDDUfky.jpg

The right side is full of fliers, so we'll tackle the left one first. Colgate Engages with Marth to guarantee a kill; these swordmen are fast.

7O3L0Pu.jpg

TKlTrfi.jpg

At first I planned to use Chain Guard, but decided not to, so Framme can get some healing EXP
That's a mistake. A small one, but still. The sword fighter breaks Vander, denies him of his sweet counterattack damage.

P159H2R.jpg

The enemies close in, but don't you worry...

sO8qen7.jpg

Here comes the cavalry!

LYFCo5H.jpg

Anyways, here are our new recruits:

R1yEfO7.jpg

Boucheron is our standard axe bro: Good strength, meh Dex, which does not help the generally low accuracy of axes, crap speed, and crap defenses, but his huge HP kinda makes up for it. He has large Build, but is stilled weighted down by his Iron Axe. Truly a Kaga moment.

6Ik6wLi.jpg

Alfred has nice strength, okay bulk, but really low speed. He's on a horse, so that's a plus I guess? Mounted units only move 1 more space than infantry in this game though, so I don't really know.

ZtDBbSj.jpg

Etie is a nice break from traditional early game Archers. Good strength and Dex in exchange for low speed, which is totally fine in my opinion.

K8P3Ta5.jpg

Boucheron is here teaching us about Chain Attack. Backup unit (all melee infantry in this game) will join an ally's attack to deal some chip damage if they are in range of the enemy.

jAMIdv5.jpg

Like this.

ab0jjcQ.jpg

I'm sure you all already know (if you don't, hi, welcome to Fire Emblem! Hope you'll have a fun time!), but bow is effective against fliers, which means it deals a ton more damage.

SivCy67.jpg

Perfect damage. Nice.

XdhVGQm.jpg

I totally forgot about the Libération until now. Stat-wise, it's just a better Iron Sword: lighter and a little stronger.

fxCJcQE.jpg

Anyways, that Pegasus Knight is Lodestar Rush'd out of this world.

yprr9BW.jpg

...which nets Colgate another bond level with Marth.

jlWTEVS.jpg

I want to use Chain Guard here to protect Vander from being broken and Clanne from being a mage, but the Pegasus Knight has a Javelin, so there goes that plan.

8HmqHS6.jpg

For some reason, the sword fighter attacks Colgate instead of Clanne, or breaking Vander. Weird flex, but okay.

ndp1kyX.jpg

Enemies can use Chain Attack too, so be mindful of that.
Time to get rid of the Javelin Pegasus. Vander softens her up, then Clanne...

xiZCzRP.jpg

...only deals enough damage to leave her at 1 HP. Damn!

y5PH6ic.jpg

Alfred swoops in to finish the stupid sword fighter. Unnecessary crit count: 1

s74hQ4k.jpg

The Javelin Pegasus still survives, so Framme just heals Colgate up instead.
All 2 fliers focus on Colgate in the next enemy turn. Being broken is just annyoing.

T9Va5Pl.jpg

Colgate takes her revenge with the help of Vander.

9r9Oimd.jpg

Finally got rid of that annoying bish.

VC3JPB1.jpg

Framme patches Colgate up and gains an "eh..." level.

sXLxIQa.jpg

On the other side, Boucheron baits out the enemies. He and Etie will clear them up the next turn.

wMDrjky.jpg

Some uneventful turns later, Colgate finally gets to the boss, blocking her off using a chokepoint.
Not enough to kill her, even with Rapier Lodestar Rush.

Zx1raID.jpg

Fair enough.

gLs73do.jpg

Another dissapointing level up.

R3bGcFz.jpg

And another bond level up.

cWHYBn6.jpg

Not even Clanne is spared from crappy-level town
Oh well, speed is speed I guess.

Q1cMyqj.jpg

The archer behind Abyme attacks Boucheron instead. His health gets to low for my comfort.

nvQymDU.jpg

ncFjjGS.jpg

Colgate is not faring any better either, but at least the boss is dead.

WFPuGxm.jpg

That dastard used my vulnerary to heal the turn before. Unforgivable!

4zFwNqZ.jpg

Only some scrubs left to mop off. And with that, the map is over.

e8Agh3X.jpg

Sounds about right.

FGX6uDi.jpg

WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!?
That lady in cloak just literally pops up out of nowhere. She didn't even appear in the battle!

HcLbzwz.jpg

*teleports behind you* Nothing personnel, kid!
She then attacks us, but fortunately (or unfortunately)...

zamEHKQ.jpg

7cEAZ1y.jpg

RHae8nV.jpg

Ding ding ding, and we have a new record! 3 chapters, even faster than Mikoto huh!

wVYRhZH.jpg

Lz4RqBj.jpg

For real though, even if she did not stay for long, Lumera still did her job as a caring mother well, really well in my opinion. This scene did tug my heartstrings, even if just a little.
Uh... I mean... Fire Emblem parent dies, ha ha funny, amirite?

3WtGaO6.jpg

I wonder what is a Divine Dragon Queen funeral like? I'd like to think that she's put on a boat then lit on fire, Viking style. Dunno why, just feel it's fitting.

ZQsHfnT.jpg

Spoiler, Sigurd!
Anyways, FE4 Blind Ironman soon after this playthrough, please come and see me!

i5xgSZ8.jpg

And that's where we're heading next, the kingdom of Firene.

vYS2hTC.jpg

If you count talking to a comatose person for like, idk, 15 or so years is making friend, then sure, we're friends Alfred.

pjIYyvN.jpg

More chibi allies!

The post-battle stroll has nothing of note, so I'll skip it.

THnSvsy.jpg

Oh, could it be...?

ONWrQiZ.jpg

C3EG0PX.jpg

In other words, plot magic!

Anyways, this post is long enough as it is, so our base of operation will be covered in the next part instead.

Part 3.5: Castle in the Sky

Spoiler

5d0dNsX.jpg

Welcome to the Somniel

5Qhcczn.jpg

Vander also gives us the gem that mysterious lady dropped
For those who don't know, that's the Draconic Time Crystal, which is basically the time rewind mechanics of this game. Well, not like I'm going to use it anyways.
...Oh wait, that explains the teleport shenanigans before. Neat.

teMJK0A.jpg

One more new thing: Gauntlet (or as they are called in this game, Art) uses both Str and Mag (specifically, (Str+Mag)/2) to attack, so healers won't get screwed even if they don't have much Strength.
...That doesn't help Framme with her damage output though.

ro7HrFw.jpg

Oh hey, FEH weapons and rings! You can get these just by having a FEH account, easy! I'll talk about them later.

EZ8VKfa.jpg

That explains all the Emblems freely scattering around Somniel, thanks Sigurd.

HjoEznf.jpg

The only facility open right now is the Terrace Cafe, but you still can't cook with it just yet. However...

sZZRHXu.jpg

We have a music box... with no available music! And...

msIeVHJ.jpg

STONK time! A notice board to invest money into countries for better drops and enemy quality! You can't make this up! Colgate learned the power of Capitalism!
I will try to not grind in this run, so the main reason I'll use this feature is for adopting more animals only.
Unfortunately, we have absolutely no money right now.

NdOKyIE.jpg

Looking snazzy, Vander!

y3nsxh0.jpg

You too, Boucheron!

IjlRp78.jpg

Everyone's favorite shit, literally! Can't wait to gift it to people

Wrwnkdt.jpg

Framme's cute in that hoodie.
Also, support time! We currently have Colgate/Framme, Vander/Clanne and Framme/Clanne C support to go through right now.

vhYDRMb.jpg

9zRiel4.jpg

40GLYOa.jpg

Never change, Framme

s5ponxc.jpg

Colgate is not impressed though

NNdxVLO.jpg

Seems like an appropriate reaction when people say they made a fan club for your sleeping ass.

TVJiFWu.jpg

Yeah, maybe back up just a little, you definitely don't want to get hurt by Colgate's training
Or maybe she does...? Idk

DjgwBDY.jpg

I love this simp

8DhHysI.jpg

8uYCGPh.jpg

There's also a notebook for allies' basic information, which seems to unlock more pages the more support they have with Colgate
Next up is Vander/Clanne

G6L28M7.jpg

Word of the day with Fire Emblem:
hunky-dory: (adj) (informal) fine, going well

DtDpgIZ.jpg

Anyways, the gist of this support is Vander complaining about doing un-Dragon-Guardian-like jobs like answering letters all day...

rMVHO5T.jpg

...Not like little Clanne is having it better, being told to do delivery work by Vander.
They give me Jakob-Gunther vibe, specifically the strained mentor-student relationship.
Lastly, the twins support.

dViFFfC.jpg

Remember what I said about Colgate having a fan club?

KQ8C1wZ.jpg

tFEYCzy.jpg

Welcome to their meeting.

uy3hDEt.jpg

Fun fact, Colgate canonically only has bed hair on the blue side.
Well, at least her FEH incarnation does.

XjrvszL.jpg

I love these adorable simps

a2pYpK5.jpg

And with that, our first Somniel tour comes to a close.
My thoughts: I know people have been saying this to death, but it seems pretty streamlined compared to the Monastery. I think I can just chill and don't have to spend too much time for my liking here. The view is nice. But navigating anywhere is a pain, what's with that curving design? The mini map doesn't really help. Finding people and things in this maze is hellish, even with fast travel. Oh, but the mini map shows all the available shiny stuff, which is neat. No more scouring every corner in fear of missing some tea leaves which will definitely rot in my convoy! Yay for completionism!

Anyways, see you again soon in chapter 4.

Sorry for the late update. I've actually finished this chapter since last week, but then got busy, so... yeah. Anyways, enjoy!

Part 4: First Blood

Spoiler

PIkC4BH.jpg

Took the words right out of my mouth, Alfred!

hnBEklw.jpg

Hey, don't jinx it!

Y1cJL9i.jpg

Here are some expositions on the countries and their leaders. Only queen Ève of Firene is fully visible right now, the other 3 are shrouded in shadow.
Firene is in a non-agression pact with Brodia and Solm, while does not interact much with Elusia
Brodia, the supposedly "good guy" since they are ally with Firene, is surprisingly aggressive towards Elusia though, not the other way around.

a3DWz6I.jpg

Found The Enemy! TM
Alfred senses some trouble brewing in the town, so we go to check

MsFJ9Xd.jpg

See, what did I tell you Alfred!
There are 3 people surrounded by Corrupted in the middle of the town...

PuYp3sy.jpg

Céline!

LQD9x32.jpg

Louis!

3kTIBw9.jpg

Chloé!
I'm sorry, but those 3 are some of my favorite since the pre-release

pJgw0cx.jpg

bgomZJA.jpg

These lines are pretty on-point once you know their personal abilities.
Anyways, to the battle preparation!

j2yhoGb.jpg

Time to turn a beast into a monster

92Ld6jB.jpg

8mqHNgb.jpg

4XY2k7X.jpg

The Order of Heroes S rings all come with their C skill from FEH

Y2VZpul.jpg

FEH bonus weapons all have better might than iron ones and an effect referencing their Heroes counterpart, in exchange for some hit. They are really good this early in the game.

juZgaur.jpg

Before we start, Céline somehow escapes to our place and gives us...

TyRdK1s.jpg

Emblem Celica!

fEG7Rxt.jpg

ZDSoZPl.jpg

Remember kids, Armor Knights are bad against magic, while Pegasi are weak against arrows but strong against mages

81WyCmj.jpg

Ha ha ha... no. I don't have Nintendo Online, nor am I willing to pay for a basic online service.
Anyways, start the battle!
But first, let's examine our new recruits

72xMqRh.jpg

up5Gz82.jpg

Standard armored and pegasus knight stats, not much to comment on really. Their personal skills are really interesting though. Until we know more about them, I will headcanon that Louis is a yuri fanboy (one of us!), while Chloé is a straight shipper.

ZwTW2m7.jpg

And here's Céline. She's a mixed attacker, a little more on the magical side for now, with good Speed and nice Res. That Build's gonna weight her the hell down though.

2wi1z4M.jpg

Celica's Engage Attack "Warp Ragnarok" can help user teleport and attack a far away enemy. I won't do that right away though, we need her help to defeat some Corrupted on this side first.

tgePmo5.jpg

Vander cripples the Lance fighter, then Canter to the fort, which will protect him from being Broken by swords, to bait out some more enemies. 

77kLZkO.jpg

On the lower front, Boucheron and Céline defeat a Corrupted together. I could have attacked it normally, but if Boucheron misses, his life will be in great danger, so...

HAGlE6c.jpg

3Vp2666.jpg

Engaging with Celica to use her Seraphim is much a safer choice.

qoCvgH1.jpg

JAkPM7T.jpg

Colgate visits the village and gets a Javelin, which will be immensely useful for Alfred.

B0wgsYP.jpg

Perfect damage. Nice.

SAWdADi.jpg

Not that she needs it.

nuLQT3W.jpg

Louis parks on the fort, doing Armored Knight things.
By the way, Armored units cannot be broken by weapon triangle, in addition to also having the same Mov as other infantries, so they can potentially be REALLY good in this game

OPCFYaW.jpg

Can't touch me and my 16 Defense!

JEOBZL8.jpg

Boucheron's HP gets too low for comfort again. I really shouldn't leave him tanking the enemies huh.

R3T6vxp.jpg

A bandit joins the "fun". Urgh, not now!

kBcZMjG.jpg

I almost forgot to show this chapter's boss. Not much to talk about, really. That Javelin can be annyoing for Clanne to snipe him from afar though.

JxkXP4z.jpg

Gotta make good use of Sigurd's Ridersbane
Vander also gets a Hand Axe for his trouble. Neat.

PZIsYOp.jpg

Etie and Clanne pick off the remaining Sword Flier. The upper front is clear!

kFAZ8qC.jpg

Things aren't looking so well on the lower front though. Boucheron retreats to treat his wounds first.

HXrcRQO.jpg

I could have Lodestar Rush'd this Armor Knight, but decided to save it for later

SHeouzM.jpg

Big mistake. It hits a 37%, putting Colgate in great danger, so Alfred has to go and block an Archer from reaching her

ESFwFys.jpg

MK0LfRI.jpg

hZLpv6b.jpg

Céline finally uses Warp Ragnarok to help her retainers, blasts an enemy off the earth and gains a bond level with Celica

7y1RNc8.jpg

Uh... Despite staying in a bush, she's still hit by the Archer. There's still one more enemy left. Now please don't hit, or else...

GUusMET.jpg

FUCK!

KSlUCSn.jpg

NOT MY BEST GIRL! ON HER JOINING CHAPTER!
*sigh* I'll go get the counter

YQPCeG8.jpg

Alfred tries to avenge his sister, to little success
Colgate will help him finish the job

9JlbTBl.jpg

I don't know this is possible. Looks like Colgate will hang out with another Emblem next map then

582TG8r.jpg

Without Céline's help, the situation at her retainers' place goes not as smoothly as I want, but nothing those two can't handle

DyDjFxZ.jpg

Well at least they are not ambush spawn

7u9Sthc.jpg

P7hD4TL.jpg

This is what I saved the Lodestar Rush for, I guess. Perfect damage too, nice.
Colgate gains a pretty nice level. Like I said, I'll take all the Strength and Speed I can get

cg0tN7e.jpg

The bandit is dealt with without causing much, if any, harm. Guess I was overreacting then.

H6hxBCe.jpg

Banger level-up, Clanne. Looks like the RNGod is pleased with our blood sacrifice.
...Damn it!

19fFxU3.jpg

LUI WILL CHOKE THIS POINT!!

pHEPBQk.jpg

Reinforcement again already!? Not now!

uNPdBhC.jpg

We can finally visit the village after working so hard to protect it. Let's see...

dz4FCJE.jpg

...That's anticlimatic.

qasmRdI.jpg

Since that area is now safe, Chloé flies down to help Colgate, who is stranded alone with a new Flier.

HvPdyjv.jpg

This Flier, on the other hand, is unfortunate enough to spawn right in range of Etie

ySiqcux.jpg

Framme does some healing and levels up too. Speed is always nice, while Magic will help her with in both combat and support

747nqxn.jpg

qYAlftn.jpg

Clanne fries the Armors to a crisp, breaking the deadlock, then moves to the fort to bait out the mage

wqVgyWq.jpg

I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!

yG70lBZ.jpg

5% to miss. Normally I would not mind that rate, but the RNGod has not been kind to me today...

NJCHPP8.jpg

So Vander gets the kill instead

E1hHJml.jpg

Can't capture the princess if she is DEAD!

KRuczCn.jpg

lSrvwk7.jpg

I accidentally made the boss swap to Steel Lance, so Clanne can safely attacks him without fear of retaliation, ending the map

DgFRkQx.jpg

Clanne finally gets what he deserves

jXycWfU.jpg

Colgate stares into the distance, mourning her lost comrade

nszgbvm.jpg

8NjIG8X.jpg

...When suddenly a Corrupted jumps out of nowhere to attack her.
Fortunately, she is saved by a mysterious girl

xB4HCDl.jpg

This scene is just beautiful.

vTbTJ6f.jpg

And she is cute, period.

Side note, but this game is really loaded with pre-rendered cutscene. There are like 10 of them in just the first 4 chapters. I really hope this is the direction Fire Emblem will head towards from now on.

UWGW64H.jpg

Colgate has some kind of deep fear for the Corrupted, to the point that she would freeze in shock upon just seeing them. I hope this bit of information will be important later.

7juCw3Y.jpg

Naming my self Colgate is... Okay I'll stop now.

Aytjbod.jpg

Marth interrupts to suggest that we should bring the girl to somewhere else safer, but she has already vanished, gone like a phantom.
Speaking of phantom...

jeRUBOi.jpg

I should have known... that one day... you would be haunting me as well.

ozhggcf.jpg

No, please don't thank me. I should apologize for killing you instead!

x4d1VRu.jpg

4xUpPyu.jpg

This could be an important plot point... or not. I can only hope they won't waste such a perfect detail for Colgate's character development

eQ5EypV.jpg

Oh look, our new allies are here too. See who's missing?
...*sob*

BkroGqY.jpg

YES! FINAL-FUCKING-LY!

Vq7nlU6.jpg

Oh wow, this place is big. I think I will explore it in the next update instead.

Until next time, folks.

Death counter: lFDH3ccs.png
Reset counter: 0

Edited by Keikyushi

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

D'oh, I missed!!!

The ゴゴゴゴ level just rose by 100 after that.

Ahaha, in retrospect, that was entirely my mistake. Louis and Chloe would have been fine even without Celine's help, I just wanted to use Warp Ragnarok before the engagement duration ran out, and paid the price. Lesson learned.

Part 4.5: Shopping Spree!

Spoiler

zKm5IBq.jpg

Lukewarm take: I like the English opening song more than the Japanese one. The EN version goes ham with cheese energy, while the JP one sounds to soft. It feels like they are still trying to take the song somewhat seriously in the JP version, which... is really not how it's supposed to be imo

Anyways, back to post-battle exploring! But first thing first...

OZZNiyq.jpg

NO!

YlALtxL.jpg

YES!

UJ9deVf.jpg

You are my child now!

DIGlxHh.jpg

Sometimes, I can still hear her voice...

qBsHw8K.jpg

Oh, I get it. He's still in denial. Take your time to grief buddy, I'm in no position to hurry you.

jbZwHSF.jpg

Maybe she doesn't know. Maybe it's better staying that way

gDGp9aC.jpg

1 minute of silence for the fallen

sgDaURh.jpg

Uh huh, yeah. "Distictive" is a way to describe Colgate, sure.

QTz46Nz.jpg

Nope, did not see any sheep around here. It's definitely *not* like I just casually take one with me or anything, ahaha.

Phew, that was a lot of exploring and talking. But before we can continue...

oDFPgkV.jpg

Oh, could that be...
Is it shopping time soon?

1oovNpf.jpg

Colgate, be more vigilant. Don't you know there could be spies and assassins out there?

RKQD1Cm.jpg

Holy crap Vander, you were hiding this much war fund from me!?

nxSZi8X.jpg

The world map along with the next chapter are also unlocked. But before we head there, let's go to the Somniel to prepare first.

7zLxacC.jpg

oC30pfa.jpg

Colgate unlocks C bond conversation with Marth. It's as basic as it can get.
The important thing is that her bond with Marth can go past level 5 now. Guess she can still hang out with him for some more time.

3HFNMr8.jpg

Oh god she follows me here...

TgameBd.jpg

If I go and deal with whatever is there, will you finally pass on?

IiZkmBB.jpg

Oh...?

DhX9PlQ.jpg

OH!?

tZL6xCM.jpg

Bow down to your lord and savior!

2tuw7VW.jpg

You can rename him, but I like the name Sommie. No changes needed here.

AwSAMeN.jpg

Sommie has some drip!

2BP0ge6.jpg

Who can not smile before that adorable little face?

yK5pUJf.jpg

Hey, he has his own page in the Ally Notebook too! So cuuuuute!!

oQTaKSf.jpg

Next up, the Stable is open, where you can release the stolen adopted animals out in the wild and collect resources from them

jhiyKYM.jpg

You can NOT pet the dog though. Boooooo!!

9SaXdUf.jpg

Silly Sigurd, Leif is not even here yet!

8I7QggC.jpg

The training ground is also available. You can play some mini-games to potentially temporarily increase Colgate's stats here

907s1zG.jpg

fF55Las.jpg

As you can see, I am not good at this game. Pushing-up is harder than I thought.

lnSS3tl.jpg

ltDn4ts.jpg

0uOhWXi.jpg

The other two are considerbly easier though.
I don't think I will spend too much time here. The mini games are quite long and get repetitive real fast. I will play them from times to times when I feel like it though.

G9MC7Jf.jpg

My next stop is the Ring Chamber, where I do various things like...

4Rot9aM.jpg

Inheriting skills from Emblems. I get Avoid+10 for Colgate since I'm planning to turn her into a dodge tank

8uZ9i7o.jpg

Gacha for bond rings. Those are much weaker than Emblem rings, but wearers still get SP, so I plan to give everyone a ring.

acrjOEE.jpg

And rubbing cleaning the rings for bond lv.
...Where the hell are you touching him Colgate?

gHHlQ4e.jpg

I did not realize it, but my private room has been available since last chapter. Oops!
If you sleep, sometimes an ally will come and do ASMR to wake you up. As for who, that seems to depend on Colgate's support with them

5VbQLtW.jpg

...Like this. Okay okay, I'm awake!

HPqtB1h.jpg

Hi Framme!

Last but not least, my favorite part: buying stuff and preparing inventory for the next battle!

aq1yXYZ.jpg

Clanne inherits Céline's Fire tome, never mind that he already has one, while Colgate takes up the Slim Sword, vowing to avenge its previous owner

dsxYj1f.jpg

I got a set of steel weapons beforehand, so I give them to Colgate, Louis, Boucheron and Etie.

frSWghQ.jpg

Louis and Boucheron finally get a Javelin and a Hand Axe, respectively, from the shop

dTIaTxQ.jpg

Hopefully this will fix her damage problem somewhat, not that I'm counting too much on it... nor does she need to do damage (at least for now) anyways.

TMvK859.jpg

Surge is a new tome that never misses, but only has 1 range. Clanne already has pretty good accuracy with Fire, in addition to Mages ignoring terrain bonus, but I still buy him one just to try it.

ZMyftM1.jpg

Speaking of 1 range, Etie also gets a Mini Bow

gn4RQAi.jpg

Lastly, I give Louis a Pure Water, just in case. I've actually never used Pure Water, so let's try to utilize it to the fullest this time!

And with that being done, I hope to see you again soon in Chapter 5!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for another late update; life got busy again. Really hope I'll have a freer schedule in the future

Part 5: The Walking Fortress

Spoiler

qTn8hZt.jpg

Huh, what do you mean there's a little girl standing behind Colgate? You must be seeing things, there's no one there! No one!

CTukNbk.jpg

Anyways, as Alfred notes, there's something amiss with Firenese Castle.
And sure enough, the Elusian force has completely taken over it.

vhhIOQA.jpg

If this guy is votable in the next CYL, he will surely get my vote. #NelluceForCYL8
We need more over-dramatic villains with goofy stache

smSj9RN.jpg

eIXd60K.jpg

lU8CHY9.jpg

Here comes the big bad lady
Fortunately, Colgate and the gang break in just in time to save queen Ève from being mommy casualty #2

ZOlUODP.jpg

BkI8oOL.jpg

Had, to be exact. I pried the ring from her cold, dead hand.
And why is the camera pointing at nothing? Is this a bug?

XkdLsC0.jpg

Again, can't kill the princess if she's dead!

kXqqPko.jpg

PZtCUv8.jpg

RoMChbz.jpg

Zephia then notices Colgate. That's some delicious foreshadowing right there...

8v1hVki.jpg

Come on, do they have to spell it out for you?

onVrDCf.jpg

Mmm, more foreshadowing...

rgfLGFr.jpg

She then leaves the battlefield, leaving us for Nelluce to deal with. I guess the (fake?) Divine Dragon and her ragtag band of weirdos do not worth her time.

Y3e0Sez.jpg

Imagine how scary it would be if an unbreakable Armored Knight finally got rid of his biggest weakness, movement, and just charges right into the enemies. Plus, Sigurd's Lance Power skills (+Atk, but -Avo) seems perfect for Louis

yl3YPyb.jpg

Since Clanne is our only magic user left, he naturally gets Celica's ring.

xW5WwUk.jpg

Rough, I like it.
There seems to be no door keys in this game, you just TEAR THE DOOR DOWN! Thieves can still open them normally though.

7atRomG.jpg

Here's the boss. Notice the red square below his HP bar? That means trouble; we'll talk about it later.

6nuzIHj.jpg

Clanne starts the battle by softening an Armored Knight...

yXHIMfe.jpg

...and gets a terrible level-up. No you did not, Clanne

fX1DNDl.jpg

Unfortunately, Colgate cannot finishes the enemy, so Alfred swoops in instead

403Pe2A.jpg

Now that's more like it!

3g1bsbp.jpg

Louis hits the archer and Canters to bait out more enemies. I could have placed him one tile above to fight the uppermost Axe Fighter too, but I don't want to overextend him. Chain Attack can whittle down even the tankiest units in this game.

Y3LGxwe.jpg

Etie finishes the job

3gdsy78.jpg

1 HP healing for that sweet, sweet EXP
Everyone else move forwards. I don't plan to split up my army to deal with the enemies down there on the left; gotta play it safe.

CMPFtgw.jpg

Also, I want to focus all forces on this Thief before he can reach my chests

QfwfPG6.jpg

NPdNzq3.jpg

9Uhu42t.jpg

This just seems like a good opportunity to try out Sigurd's Engage Attack, Override. Louis even gets that 10% Break on the surviving Axe Fighter

7WNewy1.jpg

Etie cleans up some stragglers and gets a "meh..." level-up. I don't think she's going anywhere with that speed, but more Dex is nice.

MOgGHiU.jpg

Unnecessary crit count: 2

s8Auvd3.jpg

Pretty nice level-up. She gets Str and Def too.

2hU1w7I.jpg

99eCMiH.jpg

I said I don't want to deal with the enemies on the left, but they just come to me anyway. Colgate uses Lodestar Rush to make short work of one, while Vander and Clanne fight together to destroy the other.

QxfQyd8.jpg

Aw man, this line would be perfect for Override. Oops!
The thief is getting away fast, so I need to hurry up.

lGmGD7c.jpg

i1dtKtn.jpg

Now, I know that the last time I used Warp Ragnarok, something terrible happened, but this time I swear I have had it all thought out.
Clanne brings down this Armored Knight's HP to killable range first...

aTnAhnA.jpg

Then Louis comes in with his massive Engaged movement, finishes the knight and Canters to plug the hole, keeping Clanne from harm. See?
He then gets a snazzy level-up. Somehow he just got even tankier!

ezIS2Xr.jpg

On her way forward, I try bating a Hand Axe Fighter with Etie. He doesn't fall for it though.

N2Ja7Xo.jpg

Yes, that's exactly what I'm trying to do, Colgate. Again, I don't feel like splitting up my army, so I just leave the door be and move everyone to the breakable wall instead.

PG3HdOW.jpg

Framme does some mean healing and levels up defensively

K4GhXSm.jpg

Finally catches up to that thief. He's so dead.

pAaugWU.jpg

Alfred what the fuck?

6NQWEYn.jpg

Etie gets the kill then

IfOZyhC.jpg

Leaving so soon? As if I'll let you go!

tGMCqoX.jpg

Vander breaks the wall with one strike, ready to EngageTM the enemies

Eb4qCX4.jpg

They move towards the new path in response to our interesting maneuver

B3pv9Xh.jpg

Louis finally gets some healing after all the fighting he's been through.

XF85QR0.jpg

I then immediately send him back to the front line.

WSR4m3S.jpg

CEZJYsb.jpg

Meanwhile, Vander is on item retrieval duty. Oh yeah, there are no chest keys either.
He gets an Armorslayer, which could be useful on Colgate, since Clanne has been my sole Armor killing unit so far.
The other chest has an Obstruct staff, which creates a path blocking ice pillar for 1 turn. Would be useful for what coming next, but alas, Framme could not get her hand on it in time.

Qz4bd20.jpg

Louis tanks the oncoming wave of enemies and gets another amazing level-up. He somehow gains Spd and Res too!

qilqxoT.jpg

That's really scary. As I said, Chain Attack can wittle down even the unbreakable Louis, so he can't just face tank all of that.
Maybe cramming everone to that hole is not the best idea, since the limited space prevents most of my army from being useful

Fortunately, with everyone's teamwork, we still somehow manage to break through all of those foes.

moVGCAR.jpg

Another perfect opportunity for Override. Louis damages several enemies in a row, then Canters out of the boss's range and blocks the Archers

J4lmDRo.jpg

Clanne finishes the Armor Knight and gets another "meh..." level. Again, speed is speed I guess.

OUtZmYt.jpg

This is clearly a reference to magic system in Gaiden/Echoes. I don't really like the HP lost, but I guess a good player should not let squishy mages tank enemies' attacks anyway.

6zEocS3.jpg

Nah, I think you can still handle some more growth. Do your best next time!

8QrdVZA.jpg

aoxiEGe.jpg

Colgate and Vander then finish the last enemy we can, leaving only 1 Sword Fighter surviving. Unnecessary crit count: 3

D3CrYKV.jpg

That annoying Sword Fighter then proceeds to join in every time Louis is attacked by another foe, bringing him down to half his health. See what I mean about Chain Attack being dangerous?

PazjI10.jpg

Louis gets his revenge on that bish, then Canters back and prepares to face the boss.

xGH9wk3.jpg

I move Boucheron behind to trade equip Louis's Ridersbane, but seems like that trick doesn't work with Emblem's weapon
...And now Boucheron is stuck there too.

hPO6hT8.jpg

This sucks.

A5mLAQD.jpg

lzmbT1P.jpg

That red square I talked about before is a Revival Stone, which basically functions as another HP bar, like monsters in 3H.

B2Lrqzw.jpg

Thanks to it, Clanne cannot safely bring him down, so Vander has to advance and block off a chokepoint. At that position, only 1 Archer can attack him at a time, so he should be safe even with the boss's Chain Attack

uidNcHq.jpg

Colgate hurries to the energy spot to recharge, just in case. Maybe I should not have used my Engage so early.

vVEPhrY.jpg

CmzqNM8.jpg

Louis just chugs a vulnerary and wait, while Framme heals herself so she can finally Chain Guard next turn. HP level-up can sometimes be annoying like that.

rBfij2o.jpg

EWq1QoR.jpg

On the next turn, Louis brings the boss's HP down just enough for Clanne to deplete his first bar without fear of counterattack

dROLtzl.jpg

Knowing surely her brother will get targeted by the boss, Framme sets up Chain Guard from a safe distance

RUz70uJ.jpg

Perfect.

TqNypLm.jpg

Not perfect.

uzSZSWw.jpg

The Cavalier unexpectedly attacks Vander, bringing his HP down to only 7. That's not good for my heart

EUFaotE.jpg

Unforgivable!

FTIzYDF.jpg

Standard Armor Knight level-up. He gets stronger just where he needs to. More Dex would be nice though

YRdqa2J.jpg

7vmFqbP.jpg

FyGfCq8.jpg

I use the new tome Surge to finish the boss because why not

And with that, the map is finally over.

ALZsd6E.jpg

Hell yeah he is!

5MA86YO.jpg

I think you mean "child", singular

FmM2tAD.jpg

Were we? Were we now?

Us1l3Eu.jpg

cX6OXob.jpg

PGL7g2R.jpg

1pUOD6A.jpg

I think it's nice that Queen Lumera's death is not brushed off as merely a plot device and got mentioned again (Looking at you Mikoto, or Jeralt, or maybe every other FE parents ever). That scene also shows some of our protagonist's more vulnarable, more human side too.

After that heartwarming moment...

9HWPq4Y.jpg

Shocking revelation. Even Alfred doesn't know that.

Z1KWyTq.jpg

Every other countries got one ring only, but Lumera played favorites

cPT0VOg.jpg

The groomer Micaiah is next on our list.

3OSuUA7.jpg

Uh, yeah. I will try not to make Firene heirless

hp6erUS.jpg

Firene joins the war effort.

LIVq6rw.jpg

Who the hell left a potato here?

YQ6nNWk.jpg

Is it yours? Well I ain't giving it back though!

xgst8oP.jpg

Yeah yeah, it's nice to meet my loyal fan too!

Aaand... I think that's it for this time. Hope to see you guys again soon!

Death counter: lFDH3ccs.png

Edited by Keikyushi

46 minutes ago, Keikyushi said:

Clanne starts the battle by softening an Armored Knight...

yXHIMfe.jpg

...and gets a terrible level-up. No you did not, Clanne

Also pictured here: Why I dropped Clanne. To be frank, that 10 base magic growth is a clear case of "what the fudge were they thinking?"

4 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also pictured here: Why I dropped Clanne. To be frank, that 10 base magic growth is a clear case of "what the fudge were they thinking?"

Clanne's performance in battle has been actually pretty nice for me, and bad levels are only 50/50 of the time. I do hope that his growth won't affect his future performance (haven't looked them up though, since this is a blind LP), as I really want to keep using the twins

• 2 weeks later...

Part 6: A break from the main story

• Somniel preparations and supports:
Spoiler

RZLo9DF.jpg

Oh, more shops already?

bBnpEl8.jpg

I really hope an update to wear costumes in battle will come out soon

pHFJkXb.jpg

Colgate, be grateful that all the shopkeepers you allowed on Somniel are all good people and not some kind of spies or something

4nf0cbi.jpg

Oh, we're not quite done with chapter 5 it seems
That's what happen when you don't do the work yourself. Don't blame it on your henchman!

xVhS8uS.jpg

fuZGG4u.jpg

RIP Nelluce. You will be missed.

830Rcia.jpg

Hey, it's that mysterious lady again!
Thanks to... plot reasons, we won't be bothered by the big bosses, for now.

WRZrQZO.jpg

Looks like our first paralogue is unlocked, but before that, of course, let's head back to Somniel to prepare.
First, let's check out the boutique

2YT7qBZ.jpg

Snazzy.

Wo2OVkj.jpg

Glasses are really versatile. First, you can have glasses-wearing girls take them off and suddenly become beautiful, or have girls wearing glasses flashing those cute grins, or

0Vg92ia.jpg

The boutique also finally let you change into other outfits, such as this much-loved Colgate in ponytail. I kept her default Somniel wear though, since I like it.

dLAwpCf.jpg

The only reason I'm donating to Firene is because I want a cat. Nothing more.

WP3BrO3.jpg

I love it when we get small references by the Emblems like this

It's time for some supports next. Seems like I have unlocked quite a bunch
First off, Colgate/Clanne C support

Y6lNWt5.jpg

Not much happened here. Clanne saw Colgate cleaning her room and wanted to help. Although she was hesitant at first, she finally gave in and let him do the job

EeccUjd.jpg

Clanne said that many times, but he has never actually fainted yet. Thankfully.

Next up, Clanne/Vander B support

uKEQoH0.jpg

Seems like there were some misunderstanding. Clanne thought he was just an errand boy, not a real Dragon Steward to Vander, but before Vander could explain properly, he ran away
For some reasons, I'm way too invested in these two's relationship. Hope all will end well.

Framme/Vander C support is next

2CPtkYf.jpg

Oh Framme, you fucked up.

s2H20CL.jpg

Vander scolded her for not doing her job properly. I do wonder how Dragon Stewards are picked. Doesn't seem like a family job to me. I guess enthusiasm and adoration for the Divine Dragon is a huge plus?

Clanne/Etie C support. Clanne saw Etie just finished exercising and decided to gift her...

0CVePGf.jpg

Yeah Clanne, what is in the jar?

8IsnamR.jpg

Oh, nerverminds, false alarm. Although I don't think I would want something salty after a long run.

ofQuELp.jpg

That is certainly weird. Not to mention the smell if all those pickles spill out.

Pf8eAHv.jpg

Certified pickle boi moment.

Clanne/Louis C support

XKr9IO3.jpg

GK764VH.jpg

He just stands there... menacingly.

eCK0H9z.jpg

Clanne was understandably supprised, of course.

U3XTKsO.jpg

Big event! Louis opened his eyes!

gf9bK8m.jpg

Anyways, the gist of this support is that Clanne was invited by Alfred for a training session, but he did not know how to talk to the prince. Luckily, Louis was... just there, so Clanne asked for his help.

And lastly...

3D21ich.jpg

This is certainly a surprise. I didn't think I would get this support, or any Boucheron's supports at all. I guess all those healing really did something.

yMyG89x.jpg

You can't hear it, but Boucheron was giving a pretty convincing wail

xbHzErO.jpg

Framme heard him crying and went to check out, but turned out he was just getting swept up by a story he was reading
It do be like that sometimes, my man.

pA4w3cG.jpg

I wonder how many Fire Emblem games have such stories. On the top of my head, I can think of Fates and Leif vs Altena (maybe? Again, I haven't played FE4)

lyBkOWJ.jpg

Boucheron offered to lend Framme the book, to which she refused, since she's not really a reader. But then he suggested he could just read it for her instead.
What a nice lad. And read more books, Framme!

MLlk4Sh.jpg

The long-awaited arena is finally open. I decide to train Colgate, since she hasn't seen much action lately

gJMC54c.jpg

The first fight against Alfred did not go so well. I think your opponent can freely choose a weapon from the convoy, since I don't remember giving him the Ridersbane

Our next opponent is...

7ksd5PK.jpg

Pfft, the result is already decided.

ELwiqIo.jpg

Good work!

BN0D7rj.jpg

Lastly, we fought against Etie, to which we won as well.

I decided to not use the Emblem Arena just yet, because none of my characters had enough SP anyways.

BqwnQIX.jpg

Oh...!?

sso8PWV.jpg

OMG Sommie! He follows you around!
His waddling sound is just honestly too adorable!

After fighting in the arena, I actually unlocked 2 more supports with Alfred and Etie, so let's go through them.

RbYKJ5a.jpg

This whole support is basically Alfred confirming his friendship with Colgate, and that is just sweet.

Vp72ESW.jpg

wP4dxJx.jpg

Colgate spent too much time with Louis and started to stare at Etie, since she found Etie's apparent confidence "inspiring" to look at.
I don't really have much to comment on this conversation. May have to read later supports to really judge it.

Lastly, let's hit up the forge and prepare for the next battle

VjIMrbh.jpg

I don't know what to forge right now, so I just +1 the Libération for starter, efficiency be damn. I want to use Colgate's personal weapon more

5iS7KVb.jpg

iE7F2AE.jpg

Engrave a weapon with Emblem's mark gives it substaintial stat boost. Sigurd, being broken as he is, gives a whooping 20 Avo, so... to the Libération again!
Marth actually grants 10 more crit, so I'm gonna save him for a killer weapon later

Ddbkh22.jpg

yA1EuC7.jpg

C6k2D3C.jpg

Colgate got the Armorslayer from Vander, Alfred took the Ridersbane and Framme finally got her hands on the Obstruct staff. I didn't really know who to use the Seraph Robe on, so it stayed in convoy for the time being.

• The battle:
Spoiler

Lk8oPBN.jpg

You can't hear it, but this whole village speaks in Kansai dialect. I can only imagine they all have British accent in the English version, which is funny since they also talk about tea all the time and are located on a small island...

TJqqdOs.jpg

Of course, it ain't Fire Emblem without undead soldiers attacking villages. Up and at 'em Colgate!

GHXxjOd.jpg

It was actually the first chapter I could not deploy all my characters, so Chloé had to sit out for now. Sorry!

sZVx3UT.jpg

I think this is the first time there's an actual doctor in Fire Emblem (Well maybe the second time; Manuela is a school nurse after all)

0OjzIN9.jpg

Louis visited the house and got a Defense Tonic in return. This could help someday, but certainly not in the foreseeable future.

dC6wZwm.jpg

Oh, you can't Canto after visiting a house. Should keep that in mind.

PC4HQDJ.jpg

Alfred tried to bait the enemies with his brand new Ridersbane...

3XdU7KA.jpg

...But of course, they opted for the defenseless villagers instead.

xTD6gmJ.jpg

Not to worry, since Jean and his father were there, but I should still hurry up.

WMJFKme.jpg

All those trainings really paid off

zgHpJaP.jpg

It's been a while since Framme went to the front line. She worked with Etie to defeat this Archer.

FOdkxIE.jpg

Looking back, Etie actually only had 1 less Speed than Colgate. Maybe she was just weighted the hell down by her bows. So much Build for the literal body builder.

B9mHeCM.jpg

Clanne found a safe spot among the villagers and (almost) destroyed this Corrupted

iKl4tP8.jpg

Vander actually had respectable Res, so he baited out this Mage

mnQrnVr.jpg

Oh now you are going for Alfred. Just great!

7MxZ2sM.jpg

I forgot how slow he was and had a mini heart attack when both of them doubled.

qpojYmB.jpg

1IxQLCd.jpg

Framme completely deleted the Corrupted and gained a respectable level. That's my boy!

WGfUJKi.jpg

On the other hand, Colgate was just... eh...

WUR9e7g.jpg

This was a really risky move; if Louis missed, he would be dead, but the RNGod did not forsake me that day (Yeah 93% is really high, but you never know!)

E2CpDDd.jpg

Oh, Louis maxed out his bond with Sigurd. Maybe I should have used the Emblem Arena.

6Q359Xc.jpg

Hold it Jean, wait until you're playable first!

dZ12Bxr.jpg

aNmjXcy.jpg

Translation: I need more child soldiers. Hop on!
Colgate talked with Jean and recruited him to our team.

9nTHQ7X.jpg

I think he has comparable bases with Framme, which means healing will be his main way of leveling up. His Speed is atrocious though, but I think he was just weighted down by his weapon.
His personal skill increases growth rate, but I'll judge when I see it in action.

bilrbgc.jpg

This weird Cavalier did not move at all since the start of the battle. I killed it quickly anyways, lest it randomly decided to join the fun.

tPCsrf9.jpg

Clanne's bond with Celica maxed out to. Something to remember next time...

Rmy0bD8.jpg

ED56IP7.jpg

Feast your eyes upon the most convoluted Chain Guard chain ever!

5rJj3Z1.jpg

The enemy said Fuck it and went for villagers anyways.

dsqlmY8.jpg

Moments before disaster. Vander baited out and weakened that Mage, so Alfred could finish it next turn.

LFIveX0.jpg

ZmwZlLA.jpg

Clanne farmed some EXP before Etie finished the job.

1RLHtHB.jpg

cSuN5fA.jpg

That was the last turn of Engaging, so I thought "Fuck it, why not"

XcrN8Nb.jpg

Don't steal heal your son!

RgiA93L.jpg

That damned Axe Fighter headed for Alfred instead of just suicide charged into Louis. You dare wasting 1 turn of mine? Unforgivable!

0nZglNy.jpg

Alfred was on item retrieval duty. That NPC lady actually had a name, who I later learned was really Jean's mother.

SyOGN2q.jpg

I have an idea about who to use this on.

M8yi5tX.jpg

Oh wow, this guy is actually tough. Since I wanted Colgate to seal the deal...

6fTsuwu.jpg

yXbw1iW.jpg

Clanne softened it up first...

WSwK52n.jpg

Gather round, gather round everyone, let's farm for some support too!

LiNR7oa.jpg

51OOTtf.jpg

I don't know how good this is, a lot of people have hyped it up though. But I don't think I will ever let Colgate's health get that low.

l8nOo5C.jpg

Innzb9S.jpg

The villagers rewarded us with another Surge and Pure Water. Thank you!

8aJ73Uh.jpg

Louis being the GOAT again

All in all, that battle was a breather

Vmy2TGp.jpg

Oh boy, here we go again.

mzumo5G.jpg

That never gets old

4dwWYmc.jpg

d9V1wNy.jpg

2vNwHxh.jpg

Well, I can't guarantee you won't die traveling with me, though

My58TnK.jpg

And with that, Jean is officially on our team.

yRPzjJN.jpg

Could this man be... one of my people?
Now I'm feeling kinda bad for basically benching Boucheron

HHDmr3g.jpg

Again, that never gets old

qOC12fB.jpg

Sorry for not bringing you in the last battle Chloé!

4076xf5.jpg

Awww Vander, you're making me blushed!

UtQEXNK.jpg

KITTY!

ollBZrB.jpg

It has actually been a while since anyone talked about Alear's hair on the internet. I wonder what people's opinions are now.

JvXrEQt.jpg

Good question. If Corrupted are anything like zombies, they just... walk on the ocean floor.
Or they could use the Warp staff! This is Fire Emblem, after all!

On 3/5/2023 at 4:45 PM, Keikyushi said:

Pf8eAHv.jpg

Certified pickle boi moment.

He and Hisame will be pickle pals.

U3XTKsO.jpg

Big event! Louis opened his eyes!

This is terrifying.

I forgot this happened though.

gJMC54c.jpg

The first fight against Alfred did not go so well. I think your opponent can freely choose a weapon from the convoy, since I don't remember giving him the Ridersbane

Yep, though I think they may be able to rob from allies as well.

VjIMrbh.jpg

I don't know what to forge right now, so I just +1 the Libération for starter, efficiency be damn. I want to use Colgate's personal weapon more

I'll confess I like that you can fill your engage metre more with it.

(So I forged to +3 at some point.)

Lk8oPBN.jpg

You can't hear it, but this whole village speaks in Kansai dialect. I can only imagine they all have British accent in the English version, which is funny since they also talk about tea all the time and are located on a small island...

Yes, that is exactly what happens.

Jean is very British.

His dad is also British. While being named Sean.

sZVx3UT.jpg

I think this is the first time there's an actual doctor in Fire Emblem (Well maybe the second time; Manuela is a school nurse after all)

You have Midori as an apothecary by trade (Learning to make concoctions and her work in that comes up in supports), but out of all the games (Looking around at scripts) there's little mention outside of Fodlan and of the other games it's mostly Fates and Tellius, with none of them mentioning playable characters as doctors. We have others working of helping others recover, but many of those don't mention medicine at all.

Jean is still in training, but Sean counts I suppose?

WUR9e7g.jpg

This was a really risky move; if Louis missed, he would be dead, but the RNGod did not forsake me that day (Yeah 93% is really high, but you never know!)

This being an ironman, indeed.

I'm taking those chances because I can be so lucky to not be ironmanning.

9nTHQ7X.jpg

I think he has comparable bases with Framme, which means healing will be his main way of leveling up. His Speed is atrocious though, but I think he was just weighted down by his weapon.
His personal skill increases growth rate, but I'll judge when I see it in action.

Do you want clariification on how it works in Engage?

51OOTtf.jpg

I don't know how good this is, a lot of people have hyped it up though. But I don't think I will ever let Colgate's health get that low.

Unless you've a build in mind, it's a decent low cost skill.

I have it on Alfred as well, it's cropped up at times because he's slow

yRPzjJN.jpg

Could this man be... one of my people?
Now I'm feeling kinda bad for basically benching Boucheron

As someone still using Boucheron, I might have been lucky with his growths, man's stupid strong.

JvXrEQt.jpg

Good question. If Corrupted are anything like zombies, they just... walk on the ocean floor.
Or they could use the Warp staff! This is Fire Emblem, after all!

Considering they got as far as Lythos, either or could happen. They could be rising from the dead that were buried in those lands, just what I'm getting from them.

4 hours ago, Punished Dayni said:

He and Hisame will be pickle pals.

Ah, I completely forgot that Hisame's whole shtick is also about pickle. They will become best pals indeed

I'll confess I like that you can fill your engage metre more with it.

I must also confess, I don't utilize its effect often enough. I just like the weapon itself

Do you want clariification on how it works in Engage?

Oh, so it doesn't just add, say, 20% more growth like Aptitude? Now I'm curious.

Unless you've a build in mind, it's a decent low cost skill.

I have it on Alfred as well, it's cropped up at times because he's slow

I can see how it could be useful on tanky units. I'm planning on making Alear a dodge tank though, so someone else could use that instead

As someone still using Boucheron, I might have been lucky with his growths, man's stupid strong.

So many interesting characters, so few deployment slots. I will definitely try him next playthrough though!

Considering they got as far as Lythos, either or could happen. They could be rising from the dead that were buried in those lands, just what I'm getting from them.

That's also a possibility! Now I'm really curious how they came to be (if the game even cares enough to explain)

4 hours ago, Keikyushi said:

Oh, so it doesn't just add, say, 20% more growth like Aptitude? Now I'm curious.

It doubles the class growth rates, which doesn't affect his personal rates.

45 minutes ago, Punished Dayni said:

It doubles the class growth rates, which doesn't affect his personal rates.

Interesting, that means he'll be like, hyper-specialized in whatever class he's in. Thank you for the info!

42 minutes ago, Keikyushi said:

Interesting, that means he'll be like, hyper-specialized in whatever class he's in. Thank you for the info!

Depending on the class.

Reclass him to General? He gets 100% HP and 85% Def, alongside 60% Str and 25% Bld, but his other growths are unchanged. Paladin will push him above 50% in most non-Bld growths. In High Priest, he mostly gets a good bit of Mag, Res and Luk but also a slight boost to Spd.

You can see that with this link.

• 3 weeks later...

The last few weeks were... hectic for me, to say the least. Fortunately, my semester break is coming soon, so hopefully I will be able to play more frequently for the next month or so

Part 7: Shrouded in Mystery

Spoiler

RGsqjyT.jpg

We've unlocked our first skirmish battle! However, I will try to not grind in this playthrough, partly because it makes the game easier, but mostly because I just hate grinding in general

Next up is some more unlocked supports. The first one is Colgate/Vander C support

IBmVNEG.jpg

Vander insisted that Colgate change her wet clothes after training, lest she caught a cold. Sheesh, he really sounded like her mother!
Although Colgate did feel bad about making Vander wash her clothes, he said that it was just his duty. Vander and Clanne are really similar in this regard

Framme/Clanne B support is next. The Divine Dragon Fanclub saga continues!

fVAd9uQ.jpg

Oh boy, I understand that fear of public speaking all too well. But unfortunately for Clanne, his sister did not make the situation any easier...

Hac8OF1.jpg

Hey, you announce it yourself Framme! Give my nervous boy a break!

UmRRXif.jpg

Too relatable

z9NePkV.jpg

2CVWVrU.jpg

After that, he ran away, unable to handle the stress any further. I know I'm repeating myself, but this is just such a mood. Poor Clanne.

We also have some new bond support with Emblems too. There's Clanne/Celica C support:

OYjo9KY.jpg

RA2MirQ.jpg

I don't think we've seen almost-faint-but-not-quite Clanne in a while.

...and Louis/Sigurd C support:

BzcCmWI.jpg

pecfUbE.jpg

Now let's do some trainings and item preparing before heading to the next battle.

X0yBWwn.jpg

After some consideration, I decided to give Clanne the Seraph Robe. This would give him more survivability, plus somewhat negate the self damage by Celica

FPdv9bk.jpg

3XIvBwt.jpg

I knew for a fact that the next map is a fog of war one, so these are a must.

j5EdzXy.jpg

Antitoxin too since I had a feeling poison would be a bitch.

hb7voQn.jpg

Then some trainings for our newest recruit. I just realized Jean could be the easiest villager to train in battle, since healing is risk-free, and his early battle performance doesn't bog him down that much. 
For reference, Mozu holds second place if you reclass her to Archer for ranged picking, and Donnel is dead last (still have nightmares about keeping him alive in Awakening's open maps). I have never used Cyril, so I can't say much about him.

cgPIDF4.jpg

pRMOurU.jpg

Anyways, his first opponent was, fittingly, Framme. He won after a close battle.
His second opponent was...

cBfrqnL.jpg

Surprise, surprise, the girl again. She learned from her defeat though.
And lastly...

QcVjpux.jpg

I think the game only assigns opponents with relatively similar strength in the arena. And since Jean is, well... new, he can only match with our only other healer.

ZhpS1yO.jpg

also learned from my mistake, changed Jean's weapon and watch him own Framme in battle. That's a nice first level-up.

kZVa332.jpg

XAlKaAO.jpg

Lastly, I couldn't help myself and proceeded to forge some more weapons. I read somewhere that forging effective weapons is really good, so... there you go.

• The battle:
Spoiler

rna6m9T.jpg

On their way to get Micaiah's ring, Alfred and Colgate bumped into a strange girl, who seemed to be in trouble (comically after Colgate said there were no one around, I might add)
Side note, but I really like the way they split the screen here.

gi416cA.jpg

Meet the Internet's favorite girl

JkKwSsa.jpg

Hiya papaya to you too!

DQKb1kJ.jpg

Turns out Yunaka was attacked by bandits and dropped a ring...

hYBt5h4.jpg

...that talked. Are you sure it wasn't just the voice in your head?

9kBfzUE.jpg

Oh boy, here we go again.

oDAOHM3.jpg

Ed0bOWd.jpg

I now understand why everyone love her so much

ahpMptd.jpg

You can't hear it, but Yunaka has a really amazing vocal range and impression skill.

oJtRJrc.jpg

Hmm, I wonder who

TqDMxfb.jpg

DESFRn9.jpg

Yunaka then spotted the bandits who stole her ring from afar. Nice save there, btw

w735OgY.jpg

5pbUhY1.jpg

I don't know why the rest of our army agreed to leave the Divine Dragon alone with an unknown girl, but that happened anyways. Let's start the map!

oOOunO3.jpg

Nice stats there, and pretty bulky for a Thief. Her personal skill seems really amazing too. Coupled with her class, that means Yunaka can be a deadly dodging-critting machine in bushes.

kZIKuPS.jpg

I wonder why do even lowly bandits have revival stones. Are they mass-produced somewhere, and can I get one?

o0gUDFc.jpg

Kfta0VC.jpg

Xo9OtMW.jpg

Some inventory preparations. Chloé carried the antitoxin since she's mobile and could easily trade with other people. Boucheron was my torch user this time since most other people's inventory is full, while Jean took the Illume staff. Seems like it has 0 range, which means it is not used to increase other character's vision range like I previously thought. Is it just like a fancy Torch then?

alweUCC.jpg

9Qkr5Gr.jpg

YkXqBTl.jpg

Thieves has better eyesight in the dark, which was just what I needed in this map. And conveniently, we found the bandit who took Micaiah's ring too!

QmulpXb.jpg

That brings up the question, why was Yunaka able to hear Micaiah?

yLNFmwh.jpg

Yunaka and Colgate easily defeated that bandit and retrieved...

odB0Nya.jpg

Micaiah!

TeA5mwT.jpg

And why are you giving something important like an Emblem ring to some shady girl you just met on the road, Colgate?

zRc2yJG.jpg

There were stationary torches that permernantly light up a portion of the map once activated, so that's what I'm doing next.

nOXDxMQ.jpg

Framme set up Chain Guard for some extra juicy EXP

iLyJV4f.jpg

Oh yeah, enemies can snuff out the torches though. Gotta be careful about that.

U0MqT6Q.jpg

That longbow Archer came out of nowhere, but luckily we had Chain Guard set up.

vhysrJr.jpg

I used Vander to bait out the Hammer fighter and one other Sword fighter since, obviously, could not use Louis here.

Gu0OGGf.jpg

Remember the greyed out Mend in Yunaka's inventory? Yeah, this is what it's for. Micaiah grants the user the ability to use staves up to C rank. Simple but useful.

y6BQroK.jpg

I engaged Yunaka right away and used Micaiah's Shine to attack one of the thieves. Shine creates a glowing orb after attacking that illuminates a large part of the map, as you can see. It was godsend for this map.
Oh, maybe Illume does the same too, creating glowing orbs.

eSvS5gW.jpg

Colgate did not intend to lose and readied for action.

4UFlvBY.jpg

lVQ8wE6.jpg

Boucheron used Torch and found a Mage. If you are wondering why that Mage had such a large attack range, it is because Thunder has 3 range in this game, but in exchange cannot double, at all. Boucheron luckily stood just outside of his range.

Po9HC2p.jpg

Chloé finished the Sword Fighter and baited out the Mage.

7l0l720.jpg

That bush was annoying, so I used Clanne for a sure kill

Pu0mqzM.jpg

2hpO0Ts.jpg

Enjoy some miss fest

uo2cKRe.jpg

Damn that looks cool! I think that was the first time I had a 2-digit crit rate too. Yunaka is awesome.

nb2ZzPY.jpg

lP5sFQ3.jpg

Boucheron accidentally got into a Thief's range, so Framme hurried to protect him.

1MuGBQz.jpg

Meanwhile, Louis and Alfred took an alternater route, just to see what was there. I know that was reckless, a mage or a Hammer would absolutely destroy one of my best unit, but in the end, NEVER PUNISHED I guess.

cwNbdOq.jpg

1BcryLL.jpg

Chain Guard apparently does not work on follow-up attack, Boucheron still got hit anyways. In this game, daggers give poison, which does not go away naturally, can stack, and increase damage taken by the victim. Based on my calculation, seems like a 1-stack poison increases damage by 1.

kdv76pQ.jpg

oPqVX84.jpg

Chloé gave Boucheron the antitoxin and took out that Theif at the same time. Poison could be annoying later on, so I wanted to treat it as soon as possible.

I0BBfQX.jpg

OSPXJNs.jpg

Last Engage turn anyways, so Lodestar Rush it is. More defensive level-up; I'll take it.

wbdWEhy.jpg

Advance and Chain Guard, rinse and repeat.

i0N6Fns.jpg

Hello there
Louis finally finished his little journey unscathed.

L960ORJ.jpg

Jean healed up Chloé and leveled up. Not bad, but certainly less that what I expected from a growth unit.

VBnnPzr.jpg

Well everyone has their bad days, I guess

XDRENIn.jpg

See, being extra careful and Chain Guard every turn paid off!

EXktBMp.jpg

Good, Framme, very good.

uujEktm.jpg

Vander used a torch too and check the surrounding. The coast is clear!
(Not pictured: The coast was not clear. An archer still lurked in the dark and gave me a mini jumpscare)

BDBVADe.jpg

As long as Alfred gets more defense, I'm good. More strength would be nice too.

z8x7O6s.jpg

This was really, really reckless of me. I knew that spot was likely in the boss's range, but still went for it

UM8QKKx.jpg

And sure enough, I was right

2Uwx4kf.jpg

Spoiler alert: He hit, and hit hard
Luckily, the mage beside the boss could not attack Colgate, or it could very well have been a game over for me.

AhK2rI0.jpg

Somewhere else, Chloé leveled up. All those kill-feeding and this is what I got...

owmiFqw.jpg

WObjvdY.jpg

Colgate could not outrun the boss, so she just got away as far as possible and had Jean heal her, readied for the next engagement.

NhaFR05.jpg

Yunaka can stay in the bush. She'll be fine

xd73nHp.jpg

Interestingly, the boss went for Vander instead

LjS9ZAt.jpg

Another Override opportunity. But before that...

8n0aAHl.jpg

Let Yunaka snuck in some chip damage first.

NdUi9Dp.jpg

Oh yeah. The mage was down.

x0vfiNr.jpg

Colgate finished the boss first health bar, and unintentionally Broke him too.

CG6DHct.jpg

Thanks to that, Etie could safely score some damage.

hzucZ5j.jpg

EDV2EGj.jpg

C4RmMGG.jpg

I planned to give Jean the boss kill, but without Colgate's personal skill support, he did absolutely no damage, so Clanne just gotta do it instead.

V0VOASO.jpg

Aaaaaand we're back to bad level town.

QsmM6NW.jpg

Nice. I hope that would make up for her not being deployed last level.

PlTTYkW.jpg

EQfIxei.jpg

Hmm, who indeed...

M5LTUxf.jpg

Bingo

NUH1q6j.jpg

See, even Alfred can see that! What's your excuse, Colgate?

kzMT9ZS.jpg

VgihRrJ.jpg

Plot magic strikes again!
Look, I don't want to trash on the plot too much, but illogical moments like this really get me. Again, I really hope there's some explaination later on, maybe in Yunaka's supports, that I just don't know yet.

4q5TqJe.jpg

For your crime, I sentence you to serving in this army for about 20 more chapters... or until your last breath, whichever comes first
That's actually a smooth reason for Yunaka to stick around imo. I like it.

SaoitJm.jpg

Forward ho!

tZIV3kX.jpg

Meet our MVP this time

But of course, we're not quite done with this chapter just yet.

t4dyJHC.jpg

Well look who's here

AOJJVrU.jpg

Veyle was just going around, looking for her sibling, but something tells me it was not by chance that we bumped into each other like this

tvwI5pk.jpg

True, Colgate knew too well that pain. Another point for Queen Lumera for not being forgotten after death

gGKT1lU.jpg

K2U7MhI.jpg

No Colgate, that stone is creepy af
It was something Veyle's sibling gave her btw, but still, that doesn't excuse it being creepy af

2jiEwxH.jpg

I'm low-key concerned about the increasing number of bare foot characters in Fire Emblem lately. This is what, the fourth one already?

DzXYwCE.jpg

Well at least she didn't just *poof* into thin air this time
Bye Veyle, I'm sure we will definitely meet again soon!

Edited by Keikyushi

• 3 weeks later...

Part 8: The Little Merchant

Spoiler

VIb8N6U.jpg

Oh? Gotta try this asap!

MtSddpm.jpg

Wait, Relay Trial is the one that needs online subscription? Never mind then, back to usual business!

Let's go through some newly unlocked supports. First is Colgate/Louis C support

WXTrue4.jpg

BxBeYVv.jpg

Louis is in the middle of his usual people watching, which understandably weirds Colgate out.

0RjTOcl.jpg

Don't dodge the question.

EI87mQv.jpg

eFW5bWy.jpg

I can think of several reasons...

wWHUnca.jpg

...which Colgate summarizes nicely.

4zwAPig.jpg

That being said, I do like to watch people from time to time too. There's just something so... entertaining about seeing others going through their daily lives.

Side rant, but I'm mildly annoyed that Louis's dialogue is changed in the localization. He likes to watch "girls interacting with each other" from afar, not just any people! I know it's minor, but to me that's a pretty important part of his personality, which is even referenced in his personal skill god damn it!
Ok, rant over. Next up is Colgate/Jean C support.

hMrWl3G.jpg

Colgate sees Jean picking herbs all by himself and offers to help, but as usual, the other party turns her down. When you want to be nice and helpful, but people are just afraid of delegating work to you...

4uRuYcg.jpg

Remember to get enough sleep kids, or else you won't be able to grow taller.

4ZRfixC.jpg

u8o42VL.jpg

The kitchen is finally open for business! But oh boy, based on Chloé's FEH dialogue, I don't know if I want her to be the first cook...

PxA3MDk.jpg

q2LgQC5.jpg

Ok, ok, the dish is... unique, as expected, but not necessarily in a bad way.

ZmyJQiC.jpg

"Kind of Odd", just what I expected from Chloé. Other than that though, nice job!

wJ4CmNf.jpg

Sometimes after cooking, you can get a Meal item that heals 20 HP in battle. Thank you for you service!

sVVlNMb.jpg

Just a normal day for the Divine Dragon Fanclub.
The Record Hall is also unlocked, along with the much-hyped feature to pose characters for pictures. I know I'm not the most creative person, and I've seen more funny pictures online, but I do have a lot of fun messing around with it.

szsh1FX.jpg

I can now technically upgrade Engage Weapons, but Relay Trial is required for the materials... So the only thing I can do is checking out which Emblem has what weapons, I guess. (and their models too. 3D weapon models are cool)
Side note, but I feel proud to have predicted Nosferatu as one of Micaiah's weapons before the game's release.

ydGNhsO.jpg

txWGfdk.jpg

BLlum36.jpg

Cool weapons. Unfortunately they are not what Durthon's looking for. Good luck finding your weapons!

xRaBQvt.jpg

kkRm5lO.jpg

Revanche has 20 crit, and that's all I need to know. Immediately give it to Vander. I love to have a high crit weapon early in the game.
In comparison, Représailles is... meh. It's just a little stronger, lighter, more accurate than a Steel Lance and has 20 crit avoid, but other than that, not much. Well, no one in my army can wield it right now anyways.

7dJ8ATn.jpg

You can also throw junks into the well and get back new stuff after a battle. Goodbye Céline's Fire tome, you have served us... nothing, actually, I have never used it.

6i3ctF0.jpg

Throw in a near-broken Heal and some spare Vulneraries too.
Right after that though, I realize that I have mistakenly thrown in Colgate's Vulnerary as well and have to waste some money to buy one back for her. Stupid me!

xr5njch.jpg

Said the one who Leeroy Jenkins'ing started a continent-wide war.
(Disclaimer: I have not properly played FE4... yet)

yN8hEBX.jpg

Please don't stand in front of my private room. Especially you, miss "killer eyes" Yunaka.

SeBmQjX.jpg

I have never noticed it, but Céline ties her hair into two in her casual outfit. Neat.

4PNKv9E.jpg

ZpgJXqK.jpg

Ok, let's get ready for the next battle. Jean's opponent is not Framme this time, finally, but that also means he could not possibly win.

QmGXTlp.jpg

Maybe I should just stick him to healing people for now. Let's train our newest recruit instead.

DXVfH8d.jpg

Oh hell naw!

YFNFuw9.jpg

No one can fight the unbeatable Louis! Not fair, game!

771Cuka.jpg

Her second battle is close, but she still loses in the end.

re2cAkL.jpg

Well, at least she gets an amazing level up out of it. Although I would like more Strength instead of Magic...

fO0pjHU.jpg

Colgate's bond with Marth is about to max out, so I decide to preemptively raise it.

nfYuPHg.jpg

Haha... She's fucked.
Colgate still gets the bond level anyways. I wonder whether I'd get more EXP or items if I won.

pMFTxOf.jpg

Z4YQADR.jpg

Ah yes, Marth and his friendship power. Classic.

pwmTHuQ.jpg

ah6XETJ.jpg

Oh, bond level 10 is the absolute maximum already? Oh well, Colgate can still hang out with Marth for a while more. Gotta try the brand new Mercurius!

We have some more supports after sparring, so let's go through them. There's Colgate/Yunaka C support:

PYp4qhX.jpg

65nYoy0.jpg

lpVho2B.jpg

Those eyes tell me you were definitely not a mercenary.

2XQWOqW.jpg

o5AhQMv.jpg

JOiY7vW.jpg

Figured. Well, at least I'm glad you decided to be honest with me.
Yunaka seems to have a troubled past. I think I have a slight idea about it, but I'd like to wait for later supports when she finally opens up and tells me herself.

Lastly, Yunaka/Louis C support. Now that's an unexpected pair:

QXHU9NG.jpg

OHjOYTu.jpg

Really Louis?

3GkTtih.jpg

I remember you saying something different.
Anyways, back to the support

KwaqsbS.jpg

T2TZawi.jpg

qKT0Og8.jpg

I have tried tea again recently and got hooked with English breakfast tea. I had thought I just didn't like tea in general, but maybe all it takes is the right blend.

LTfqmer.jpg

kA0jIUX.jpg

Louis is tactful enough to drop the topic immediately.

ZI91OPy.jpg

Now that's something new. I'm curious about it. Might report back at ya after trying.

Uz2MZ7S.jpg

Some extra preparation before the battle. Micaiah has the skill Healing Light, which also recovers the user's HP when they heal someone else. Basically a knock-off Live to Serve.
With this, Framme should be able to Chain Guard all day long, just by herself!

1v0XNYb.jpg

Finally, I give Chloé the Talisman and make her a dedicated mage killer. Now we're good to go!

• The battle:
Spoiler

F1o8Uxz.jpg

I think I know who that "little thief" is

cgq2OGI.jpg

qlVfIrY.jpg

Oh the irony.
And that girl gets into trouble with bandits all the time huh.

8Nb7cKX.jpg

I've said it before, and I will say it again. I really wish we could capture NPC like in Fates. FE generics' appearance have only improved over time.

F0H0wmB.jpg

I see a familiar face. Hi Anna!
After that, she jumps into the empty chest to hide from bandits, which I find hilarious. The image of someone so small they could fit snuggly inside a fricking treasure chest amuses me for some reasons.

VrWv7n9.jpg

Ah, so that's the in-universe reason for Colgate's gang coming here.

6Bpkmge.jpg

Pfft, like you're not going to keep the stolen goods for yourself.

ZVaa9un.jpg

With thighs that thicc, no wonder she cannot be moved at all.
And what does she need Stalwart for? There are no weapons effective against Axes anyways. ...Are there?

F4ebAem.jpg

This map's deployment slot is pretty limited as well; I think all paralogues are like that. Sorry Alfred and Etie, gotta make room for my 2 girls!

cghu27S.jpg

KJDXyAh.jpg

Yunaka baits out the Sword Fighter because I don't want Vander to get Broken, while Louis does his job on the other side.

Z5jiieu.jpg

Actually, you know what, Colgate can bait scrubs just fine too.

lH6Ghuu.jpg

jpg7Jnv.jpg

The Thief ignores Louis and heads for the chests, so I need to hurry up.

AFMknzT.jpg

Louis the GOD fears no mages now.

SBLvHA6.jpg

6KrnDJe.jpg

Clean up some bodies Yunaka and Louis left behind.

t5ygSHu.jpg

The right side is not progressing as smoothly as I want. Even the combined power of Vander and Yunaka is still barely not enough to take this Axe Fighter out.

9wVoKfm.jpg

Jean heals Yunaka and levels up. Really not what I expected from a growth unit.

GVBZRIB.jpg

Damned enemy smart enough to block off Louis's advance route.

A4PhsNJ.jpg

Luckily, Colgate is just in range to deal with her.

067yzFY.jpg

Can't take him down in one go, but that's fine, I can pry the stolen chest item from his cold, dead hands later.

NhWXXjc.jpg

Set up Chain Guard for Vander to bait out another Sword Fighter.
Why the hell did I put him on this side anyways.

REej2iV.jpg

AfdzZuy.jpg

It's fine, I can get them back later, just need to hurry up!

sVYLEtT.jpg

Armorslayer gaming

BLUiBpe.jpg

Nice level up. Although, again, I'd like more Strength instead of Magic...

7trYTuf.jpg

Oh... did not see that Armor Knight there.

hSBCZQt.jpg

Fortunately, the Sword Fighter then goes for Yunaka instead of Breaking the unguarded Vander for some reasons.

Mou0wnM.jpg

She was NOT pleased.

KzZv56d.jpg

Hey, these two are the ones appearing in the opening cutscene. Neat!
Urgh... as much as I want to Override both of them...

dGb7mOx.jpg

I need to take care of the Thief first.

G714aWa.jpg

I don't even know if it's gonna be that useful. I just think the skill itself is cool.

Dgl6CBa.jpg

6jcB1Sb.jpg

Clanne warps in to finish the other one.

MIJoPt3.jpg

Colgate stays back to bait out the lone swordsman up there.

gMYhinz.jpg

If I had remembered to swap to my Hammer the turn before, this guy would have been dead by now.
Then again, I needed to remember him being there first...

t9VQbes.jpg

Yunaka is REALLY not pleased with that Sword Fighter.

x2E0oiB.jpg

yI41COR.jpg

Shit, did not expect him to go back for the chest with Anna inside.

yxDNKOo.jpg

No no no, run away Anna!

KwDFfDW.jpg

Yes, hurry up please Colgate!

XPZPjSv.jpg

M5kJDNw.jpg

She survives btw, but of course, loses a good chunk of her health

44NK6Ai.jpg

Armor Knights are actually scary in this game. They take like no (physical) damage, and they hit like a truck.

xgxYPE5.jpg

Phew, Anna is smart enough to retreat, and heal herself on the way out too. We'll take it from here!

YIjQwZs.jpg

Now I could oneshot this guy with a 76% accuracy...

7uZBpJY.jpg

Or I can more reliably whittle him down...

b5H4iV2.jpg

zMNWx37.jpg

3TA5aRW.jpg

And let Clanne kill both the Armor Knight and the Thief with Echo 
(which lets him attack twice in a row with half might each for people who don't know).

Usk17a2.jpg

Good timing, right after I got my first packed meal.

hse3OkP.jpg

Can't believe there would come a day when I use the Slim Sword for accuracy.

TAry71l.jpg

Hammer gaming
Something about effective weapons pleases my monkey brain immensely. Maybe it's the rainbow and shaking effect that gives them a powerful feel.

husHKpX.jpg

Chloé's just gonna stand there... menacingly.

d0uipYG.jpg

Sorry NPC cutie, better luck next game!

fEOkCKW.jpg

YUNAKA IN A BUSH!!!

l67SBpI.jpg

Puny mage got nothing on Chloé

RhFLEeC.jpg

When the unstoppable force meets the unmovable object.

0c4UfG3.jpg

I can finally talk to Anna.

YzdcGU1.jpg

Deal!

Fmstb5q.jpg

oASThtZ.jpg

I don't know about that Anna. She has unimpressive stats all around, is weighted down to the Abyss by her Iron Axe, and has awfully low Luck for an Anna.
But it's fine, I can fix her

fd45sdW.jpg

Cleaning up some scrubs

3KhXyag.jpg

Ok, play time's over. Vander rushes in to attack the Armor Knight.

7PgJyTe.jpg

That damage and 4% crit though... His retirement might be coming real soon.

exoGXQj.jpg

Clanne and Louis replenish their Emblem energy. 
Before the game was out, people were afraid of abusing Emblems with various energy spots, but so far, I have never fully recover Emblem energy just by attacking. Not even with Liberátion's effect (Ok, that may be because I usually save Marth's Engage for the boss nowadays)

rcSwqFG.jpg

Framme does some healing and can now do more damage

6qQJK0L.jpg

I bet there will be reinforcement coming from here. Well, as long as they are not ambush spawns...

h3HSqYW.jpg

AQZBSXa.jpg

Vander on the right side, trying out the Revanche, while Anna waits on the left.
Don't worry, I will now send Framme in to Chain G...

WQ8UjVf.jpg

Shit she just leveled up HP!

3naCwkv.jpg

Ouch! But she's still fine. Not dead at least

qM0L8uI.jpg

Go fix your mistake Framme!

42ByXqS.jpg

...Yeah I could have used Micaiah's Shine to attack from afar. I was stupid and forgot about that.

GWZbGbn.jpg

Now that's a real level up!

gpiTxnx.jpg

Anna gets her revenge!
All that's left is the boss.

TJu4uis.jpg

Louis the GOD takes basically no damage even from the boss herself!

iDgKJTy.jpg

Actually, I have already cleared out your treasure room before coming for your head.

WjLD73q.jpg

o7QTQc5.jpg

yhIDkQr.jpg

Engage Attack so she cannot counter. That's 1 HP bar down, only 1 to go!

jZGMv0B.jpg

Back to bad level town again.

xEwVXfR.jpg

Vander lends Anna his Hand Axe, preparing for her finishing blow

03fpxKi.jpg

Haha, can't touch me!
Btw, I'm glad she's not standing on an Avoid tile. Would have been a nightmare to fight a dodgy muscly 2 HP bar foe with self healing every turn.

0UozWeD.jpg

Now Colgate, I need you to go easy on her and not crit, okay?

RS5LgRx.jpg

Thanks to Colgate's Breaking, now I can safely give Anna the kill.
...If she hits. Well, she'll be fine even when she misses anyways.

ypiwa5U.jpg

TAHev0C.jpg

qps2Xuo.jpg

Some special boss convo.

bRFXb9v.jpg

r8b1hkK.jpg

She hits. Great job Anna!

iFEdSWX.jpg

Pg2PQ1Q.jpg

h1LIqDz.jpg

jrFnCcB.jpg

Mu567bF.jpg

HonHLjz.jpg

Anna knows just how to tug Colgate's heartstrings.

4ZDsbL2.jpg

3daBo9L.jpg

This never gets old.

Pdma9GE.jpg

Pleasure doing business with you too!

• 2 weeks later...

Part 9: Crossing the Border

Spoiler

First thing first

A2NZ8SB.jpg

P1UWeVJ.jpg

Now that's the full Anna experience

gAsEnFI.jpg

8pThoVH.jpg

I'm not biased I swear.

Let's check out how it is going at the well next.

aCb7w9f.jpg

Not bad, considering Thunder is not buyable yet at the store, and Novice Book gives 100 SP, which I sorely need.

zMJRhzx.jpg

This man is more and more based every time I see him, both in and outside of battle.

Hgmv0Mr.jpg

The previous packed meal will be discarded when cooking, so I should remember to use it before hitting the cafeteria

nveHZHR.jpg

0XeepoV.jpg

dHolNob.jpg

Something I find interesting is that Anna and Framme have a lot of shared favorite food (most of which are sweets btw). I declare them foodie besties from now on.

Ui53AXz.jpg

CLR7wJV.jpg

Splendid work, Alfred!

DydAgHz.jpg

Next up is training our newest recruit, as usual.

mKaq2jZ.jpg

"I'm the better Axe Fighter, benchwarmer!"

omG5pnd.jpg

ZBqxmba.jpg

She does quite well against Etie too.

F1DaZzs.jpg

Not really an exciting first level, but she does hit all those important stats

16n0R5M.jpg

I think we all know how this goes.

IVTSvlG.jpg

Ok, I once saw Anna as a Wolf Knight in a trailer, and I can't get it out of my head.
So... let's get her Dagger proficency.

VLcZB0W.jpg

She oneshots Micaiah.
...However, there are no extra rewards or EXP or anything. Lame!

ZS3k8sI.jpg

Knl3bLf.jpg

Did you just... try to sell stuff to an Emblem? What can they even buy anyways?

0hVyO5S.jpg

The second Emblem fight is a lot closer... but Anna still emerges victorious in the end.

• The battle:
Spoiler

Hey you. You're finally awake.

YVPYBh4.jpg

You were trying to cross the border, right?

FA7Dzsa.jpg

Walked right into that Imperial ambush, same as us, and that thief over there.

TcMCEFf.jpg

iu1Khl5.jpg

k7E4JyF.jpg

Oh boy, my favorite! What will their reaction be this time?

drUwqjq.jpg

QEr6AHk.jpg

XSx6tkB.jpg

It's even more epic in motion!

70BlX2e.jpg

How can a prince not realize the heir of an ally kingdom is beyond me.

ROYlhKU.jpg

s0m3gRC.jpg

DgADliG.jpg

Lapis is not amused this whole time.

YD2enn5.jpg

a1kIuuo.jpg

fAXeUgm.jpg

ZjLoDQQ.jpg

Yeah, uh… a little girl got herself into trouble with some border bandits, so we had to help her out

Z2rjWzd.jpg

Resplendent Alfred when?

RMjCXzY.jpg

Yeah I'll see if you can dodge any arrows in the next battle!
Just kidding I will never let any harm befall you Lapis my beloved

domdd5G.jpg

Aww, don't be too harsh on yourself. I'm really happy you're here to welcome me.

fqcBdak.jpg

56zqeT1.jpg

AC5Jm4f.jpg

You know, the Divine Dragon Fanclub is always looking for new members. I think.

rsZB3rD.jpg

One of the weakest lords is held by the kingdom of might. How ironic.
Though they do go well together. I can't imagine anyone else having Roy

ixWyWQZ.jpg

Oh great, another one has gone schizo as well
That brings me back to the question: Why are only a certain number of people able to hear voices from the rings? Even the Emblems themselves cannot decide who can hear them apparently.

ANngP5M.jpg

qs5Dzx8.jpg

mYBBd1g.jpg

I think the reason I love Alcryst so much is because he resembles Ishigami from Kaguya-sama, another best boy. Great manga, you should definitely check it out.

CCo3lJb.jpg

Oops, chat time is over!

moe1bYf.jpg

5pM7QdS.jpg

Otkyt8a.jpg

Mmm, another delicious foreshadowing

xIVnQXd.jpg

I almost wondered why she did not mention Colgate's hair, until I saw her cotton candy colored one

O83hlZy.jpg

h12La7Q.jpg

zgQg3q4.jpg

Can't argue with that, since it's just true

zUGqBsA.jpg

h9C5aGK.jpg

Sorry Alcryst, but excuses are excuses. Unprovoked aggression is a war crime, you know that?
That's why you and your country are perfect for my team

up8VBGV.jpg

XClA2RA.jpg

Well, better be done with this fast then!

bKk094w.jpg

Looks like deployment slots will be this limited from now on. Sorry Alfred's squad, but you are officially the first permanent residents on the bench

zpDP7al.jpg

Alcryst says he will protect his retainers, which makes Lapis audibly go "Kyun…"
I ship these two.

kIcbDiC.jpg

GoTG82y.jpg

Well you know what they say, no pain no gain. I'm sure they can handle a hit or two.

qv1ESgw.jpg

M8eNrsu.jpg

Meet Hortensia's retainers. Those two lines sum up pretty well the two of them

psyoD3D.jpg

FN7hXyo.jpg

hBxVont.jpg

Citrinne seems to be the stronger-but-slower counterpart to Clanne, while Alcryst is the weaker-but-faster archer. And look at that 17 Dex! This guy will be hittin' and crittin' all day long!
Lapis's personal skill is unfortunate, since I'm planning on making her a crit bot, but we'll make it work somehow.

D8EtYMs.jpg

b91aMhm.jpg

cSO86eL.jpg

Rosado and Goldmary will be a bitch to fight with male characters. Luckily, the number of them in my army currently can be counted on 1 hand.
Hortensia, on the other hand, has comically low offensive stats that I have to do a double-take. Of course, she may have other tricks up her sleeves…

wPF6xVW.jpg

Just the usual Bow supremacy

dzEW77o.jpg

RVVTiF0.jpg

Not being countered is the best. Yunaka then finishes the gal.

8QVOcmc.jpg

Avo tiles are annoying, so I just send Clanne in to quickly kill the Armor Knight. No usual HP chipping to farm exp here

flBhaOw.jpg

I stupidly forgot to give Vander a Hand Axe, so there is really no point in letting him stand in those Mages' range

1PnF0LK.jpg

Anna takes the Avo tile for herself, ready to engage the enemies for some juicy exp.

bEHQV33.jpg

2aNTp3S.jpg

C0OWUDX.jpg

KJ3uhAB.jpg

Evil Lucina be like: "I submit to my fate. Hope is dead. All hail the Fell Dragon"

HqkmOyi.jpg

MutgDoa.jpg

Don't worry, she will drop to the ground fangirling as soon as she sees you.
Jokes aside, Lucina's Engage attack "All For One" let all allies in 2 spaces participate in Chain Attack. That's not the most scary part about her though. She gives Hortensia her Noble Rapier and +5 strength, which means I can't just let Louis bait her out like usual.

D0Z7zX5.jpg

Just a Miss fest here, nothing to see

S7EZUCh.jpg

tel8Vcr.jpg

BWVGGHl.jpg

Colgate manages to one-turn-kill one enemy with some help from Anna, while Louis weakens the other, securing a kill for Anna.

0N7B6z9.jpg

AV99hnv.jpg

iIEdQHJ.jpg

The Mages advance unprovoked, saving me some time. Chloé defeats one herself, while Citrinne and Lapis work together to bring down the other.

3bJjhR4.jpg

HsRAHN4.jpg

Forgot to tell you, "great" weapons, like this Iron Greataxe or Lapis's Iron Blade can Smash the enemy and send them back 1 space when initiating attack. And if the foe cannot be pushed back (due to something else already occupying the space), like Vander in this case, they will be Broken, no exception. Luckily, only this one cav can attack Vander, so the Break doesn't hurt much.
In exchange though, the user always attacks last with great weapons.

NkguvnF.jpg

It's been a while since I can bust out this big stick

z744hIL.jpg

Hitting Def again at least. And more Luck, less chance to be critted for better tanking too

RZuphQ6.jpg

Lapis softens the cav up, also Breaking him in the process, so Chloé can score a kill. Gotta make up for her not participating much the last few battles. Absolutely no bias here.

PNiPhRl.jpg

Hitting Speed, Strength AND Defense? Goddess!

NpZN5Ar.jpg

Alcryst can defeats this flier easily enough…

SqtNODr.jpg

…But on the other side, I'm struggling a bit. First, Clanne deals some damage

8posJif.jpg

Then Anna takes a pot shot because why not.

8PFNaOi.jpg

Surprisingly, she hits!

GTbJhKG.jpg

Since I can't defeat the flier in one turn, Framme sets up Chain Guard, ready for a counter attack kill.

8dAiT9U.jpg

Oh well, can't really hope for that accuracy to hit twice in a row.

Fttsk2w.jpg

It's fine, she desperately needs every point of Dex she could get her hands on

AnmDvC4.jpg

After that, Anna changes to her Compact Axe for more accuracy and finally defeats the flier

Ohfceqy.jpg

EIVNkij.jpg

Maybe I should have used Chloé to bait out the next wave of enemies. At least she could do some damage

dipDzMz.jpg

Finally puts the "intelligence" part in AI. Enemy Martial Monk cleverly sets up a Chain Guard on an Avo tile

GkBjCfO.jpg

First thing first, let's bully some foes with Thunder.

F3G60ZT.jpg

An effective weapon dealing just enough damage tickles my brain in all the right places

Nne9fRb.jpg

For some reason Vander with the Hammer deals less damage than Colgate with the Armorslayer(+2). Either my forging pays off, or Vander's retirement is approaching nearer and nearer.

ieZVj3C.jpg

Sorry smartass, but Chain Guard got nothing on Engage Attack!
After that, Louis Canters back to be in range of just Hortensia's tome.

k0Y8pRD.jpg

Clanne finishes the other armor.

LXCi1FB.jpg

And Framme Chain Guards for Louis because why not.

lizIHwb.jpg

Lapis almost kills that guy, but manages to Break him in the process

Mq9YjJc.jpg

Jean heals up allies and gets a hefty level up.

sly5zrg.jpg

YqtOKOM.jpg

Yunaka finishes Lapis's job. Str and Dex, I'll take it.

Oe7HaLl.jpg

Hortensia refuses to take the bait, so looks like we'll have to get close and personal. Louis falls back to recharge Emblem energy

CAf3Brw.jpg

While Yunaka takes his place. She's officially my secondary tank now.

FKRO0CE.jpg

CJGnHzn.jpg

I overestimated Hortensia. Even with +5 strength and allies' help, she can do sh*t to Yunaka. Or Louis. Vander, and potentially Alfred, should stay far away from her though.

eIUnukU.jpg

g5EBxLa.jpg

yT9QL2P.jpg

R6AdT5S.jpg

02Biqy8.jpg

9jfLdO1.jpg

That's 1 HP bar down. Look how happy Colgate is with her amazing level!

frEdH4s.jpg

That's not nice. Louis teaches Goldmary (and friend) a lesson by Overriding a Steel Lance in their faces.

ZWLvOwH.jpg

QcG0emY.jpg

01LdKnV.jpg

Then Citrinne gives the finishing blow

LzSp5XB.jpg

pJU5yYQ.jpg

qzM0oh7.jpg

M3L3RmY.jpg

Standing besides Colgate gives Clanne just enough damage to oneshot Rosado.

Il00p3o.jpg

I did not notice it until now, but HOLY CRAP 9 DEFENSE!? That's like, higher than at least a third of my army!

RkM0gwT.jpg

RzPezlx.jpg

Only this scrub left, and then it's boss bullying time!

HYIrIHa.jpg

Haven't seen Chloé's crit in a while. Either way, LET'S FUCKING GOOOOO!!!

r3rt2ab.jpg

PlR8I5p.jpg

Anna scores another 50-something hit. Today's just her day!

mIqq9LG.jpg

7nsv9ua.jpg

MNGfIVV.jpg

Since the map is almost over anyways, Framme uses Great Sacrifice.
And OH BOY it gives so much Exp she actually levels up in one go! Level farming has never been easier!

Ck303Ck.jpg

0KYuy3L.jpg

Yunaka joins in the fun before Alcryst gets the final blow

wrGJLV1.jpg

Or at least he tries to.
Also there's no unique conversation between him and Hortensia. I'm a little disappointed.

Sz7PkXX.jpg

V46ftIU.jpg

sZsJAoQ.jpg

What else is new

egUsoOD.jpg

UdobXSq.jpg

Yeah, run away like the brat you are!

rfZZfZg.jpg

CIHsbXV.jpg

e56D7PK.jpg

LmUd9zY.jpg

Leif, Eirika-Ephraim, Byleth, and of course, Lucina.

1MPCNWQ.jpg

8l0uGfJ.jpg

And Lyn too.

SIEmjaj.jpg

This sounds horribly creepy out of context.

hHYurIk.jpg

As soon as I finish getting my beauty sleep preparing at the hyperbolic time chamber Somniel, we'll be ready to go!

IQqcFIE.jpg

K2UJPuB.jpg

YMdPRAS.jpg

The bench squad has their priorities straight.

r4cmHjf.jpg

Look at the gang, being all together. How sweet!

T8AkNVB.jpg

All is forgiven!

lyzeeCV.jpg

Oh hey Veyle, did not expect to see her again so soon.

x67JXsS.jpg

8Q5EZc4.jpg

60TO2Xh.jpg

She really just Kamehameha'd some Corrupted to death.

bXz48a4.jpg

VFDWtoP.jpg

MOCvtUn.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I already have several chapters worth of screenshots, but writing them down sure takes a lot of time

Part 10: I'M A GREAT TATICIAN!!!

Spoiler

Sw54ZVb.jpg

Ok, that's a lot! Right after me complaining there's no material to upgrade Engage Weapons too. I don't really know what to use them on right now though.

9B2qDFR.jpg

Let's see what new items the boutique has…

MYdJNmP.jpg

I'LL TAKE YOUR WHOLE STOCK!

I1cNO28.jpg

EVERYONE

S8aTYan.jpg

GET

0FUQEUb.jpg

NEW

Wd6GRqe.jpg

GLASSES!!!

uV2JESj.jpg

The well gives less items than the last time, but they're all still interesting nonetheless. I think the number of items you get back equals the number off stuff you threw into it?

Biting Blade is a joke weapon with decent stats, nothing too exciting though. It's still fun to play around with, and the pun is just *chef's kiss*. I hope I can collect the all joke weapons in this playthrough

vLZpj9i.jpg

Packed meal disappears when I cook anyways, so might as well use it here, along with some spare iron weapons

Vsg67kp.jpg

TRRSVof.jpg

Recreational activities are finally unlocked, which can be used to increase support between 2 characters. First I let the bestie couple hang out in the pool

Llobnmv.jpg

01vE0zh.jpg

What if we kissed in the Somniel's orchard?
Jk jk. Unless…?

D26i2f7.jpg

pZa4sPK.jpg

Despite them being 2 of my most favorite characters, I have never thought of reading their support until now. We'll see if they bond over their… uh… romantic stories preference or the death of their liege

Now let's read some support. First is Colgate/Framme B support!

mUQlcow.jpg

GDfT1xG.jpg

MQoc5ET.jpg

Yes, I do love water! Can't survive without it!

afCLcOO.jpg

cGADowF.jpg

1eeetwI.jpg

Oof. They say communication is important, and honesty is the best policy, but still…

GVx0ccO.jpg

pAM7LIj.jpg

aJ3a6bA.jpg

And then she runs away. Poor girl.
At least someone is still appreciating Colgate's hair

T6I6H4Z.jpg

A new page for Framme's profile is unlocked. So being Dragon Guardians is a family job. Though enthusiasm definitely plays a key role too!

Next up is Framme/Anna C support. I've been waiting for this!

sxmqoid.jpg

khI2jTL.jpg

X6XVE7U.jpg

MajXoXv.jpg

KVSU8Z5.jpg

Y70qdEU.jpg

yHFybfK.jpg

Eyyyyy!! Friends confirmed!

aNvOAIk.jpg

Fgpm5yH.jpg

I just hope Anna did not swindle her friend and sold that statuette for an exorbitant price

1Hz8v8L.jpg

In the manga, Boucheron also got lost in Lythos castle. I guess he is just not good with direction, like me fr.
Everyday I feel a little more guilty for benching this absolute mood of a man

IifbgMZ.jpg

Chloé has sit in the cafeteria, at the exact same spot for 3 battles straight (which I think is fitting for her btw). I don't mind, just want to point it out

YlHKPya.jpg

Dinner date is ready!
I don't know what these extra ingredients are for, but I have spared. Let's try adding some. Everything for a successful date!

q6zXABp.jpg

This does not look appetizing.

uHdw3kz.jpg

ljRzhxM.jpg

3NE0AMI.jpg

You are now banned from the kitchen, Yunaka.

b9gIJBS.jpg

fyaRYOJ.jpg

Oh yeah, I almost forgot! The, uh, preparation won't take much longer, I promise!

zgkUaN6.jpg

WFEqbcA.jpg

qYe3KaW.jpg

sW5DNYQ.jpg

uaY9yzv.jpg

syhA4TK.jpg

S8RW151.jpg

Yep, definitely gonna lock the room properly before sleeping next time. Although Vander and the twins most likely have the key…

GWAekPS.jpg

Time to train our newest recruits, as per tradition that I did not made up just now although other people like Anna could use some more exp but anyway let's gooo!!

JWLPdxW.jpg

The future is now old man!
I'm sorry for all the Vander slander lately, I want to keep using him too, but his time is drawing near I'm afraid

fVkS5HX.jpg

Even more Dex and Speed! Woo!

aeGfvgm.jpg

Lapis does her best, but she still cannot win against the untouchable Colgate

7NL2Q2E.jpg

Lapis really wants her victory, but today is just not her day

All that training, however, deepens her bond with her peers. Colgate/Lapis C support is next

Jk3lHTq.jpg

zexwi7P.jpg

AFr5B1y.jpg

CLOI4LK.jpg

B3gF1OI.jpg

J75nTWT.jpg

ktcEbmJ.jpg

Nrtjftb.jpg

MFOxl1V.jpg

ovIc7IH.jpg

hjBf2ek.jpg

03kzD5V.jpg

RZfsVFp.jpg

She really is Alcryst's retainer. I think Citrinne has to carry all the confidence for both the other two in that group

Speaking of Citrinne, it's her C support with Lapis next

kgNWJQJ.jpg

4tpVuj8.jpg

RQfUYUF.jpg

PLR1nBJ.jpg

2NaQeqi.jpg

ea2YkXK.jpg

0hltnoL.jpg

zQIem3Z.jpg

PG40Fg2.jpg

QM2oa7t.jpg

Q7DsRIJ.jpg

I take back what I said. Those three are made for each other.

KkvwbXm.jpg

kqdfSa6.jpg

Our army has grown a lot, so I gacha for some more rings . The result is not half bad.

2OYvQLB.jpg

Colgate finally has enough SP to buy another skill. More dodge tanking action incoming!

HUwHipP.jpg

gzUPxEt.jpg

xQvSusL.jpg

I almost forgot to read Clanne and Celica bond conversation. Another pickle boi moment.
Celica's Engage "Weapon" at level 10 is kinda underwhelming tbh.

8xoPzUc.jpg

Colgate actually has leveled up enough Build to not be slowed down by the Iron Blade, so she's gonna take it from Lapis (though as I'm writing this, I remember it cannot double, so that's kinda moot)

• The battle:
Spoiler

Ki7neyC.jpg

BYL5Uyq.jpg

Oh thank goodness we made it. Maybe the enemies need their beauty sleep too

ydntHPE.jpg

n3qddk3.jpg

myPjGQb.jpg

rhI9crv.jpg

1yisQxR.jpg

qlEmD2K.jpg

wf6mAgW.jpg

ZBmGFES.jpg

NM6RuHI.jpg

I can only imagine how screwed Hortensia is when the enemies find out she leaked their plan and ruined their surprise attack

dYEribg.jpg

LYVmuE9.jpg

QDuyMkW.jpg

SlqGfhi.jpg

KfpKzNG.jpg

He's just trying to protect you from the parent's curse for as long as possible

1eWJMy6.jpg

ML5678l.jpg

Then he invites Colgate to a friendly spar, but you know, with the invasion and such, it's not really the right time

baWzj52.jpg

66mD5Nt.jpg

4foc5cG.jpg

YJ5rW2D.jpg

u0UOwO2.jpg

E4iOm4z.jpg

This guy is surprisingly chill, compared to his more serious son

YwW24VP.jpg

zRDIwRl.jpg

Lycia forever!

LYmb9eW.jpg

Roy our boy!!!

mLOlDvs.jpg

QFJTmVC.jpg

2nNKxkA.jpg

ZXs9rCe.jpg

XFhAlXt.jpg

99gGDso.jpg

I will now take your lives, your souls…

LpET3K1.jpg

8iiF2CZ.jpg

Chills, literal chills

bc1qEvl.jpg

Rao4pNf.jpg

2qiiPEZ.jpg

urlO6bU.jpg

xUqKbXb.jpg

I can only imagine how King Morion feels, being ordered around like that, in front of the Divine Dragon no less

6JpFz1C.jpg

EcsXBe3.jpg

Ju2Q8y2.jpg

Same. I'll try to not let them die

NLOxgOy.jpg

YyF60cV.jpg

I smell another simp

SH3NN97.jpg

And she has Leif's ring

4ZPBZ6o.jpg

Let's fight!

5hbbTHD.jpg

Man the deployment slots feel even more restricted than last battle!

hj4CMbi.jpg

Hey, a surprise ally!
Meet Amber, Diamant's retainer. He calls his ride "horsey", which automatically places him high on my favorite list.

oi8Xojn.jpg

2WRD7iW.jpg

A defense chapter! I have fond memories of them (such as Conquest chapter 10. Peak design, I'd say).

XoPHYyJ.jpg

… Except it's not, just a Kill the boss chapter with additional objectives. Lame!

YftiNKm.jpg

People trash on Diamant's personal skill a lot, but I don't think he's supposed to do much dodging. He's the tanky swordsman after all.

j2KCtYj.jpg

Amber's stats resemble Alfred's to me. He would see much use in my party if I wasn't already so loaded with choices. How unfortunate. 
Also, our first Killer weapon! (That isn't an axe only Vander can use)

VP2Gst2.jpg

Ivy is pretty annoying to kill in this map with Leif. In addition to having that much Strength for some reasons, she also has a Killer Axe and Adaptable, which auto changes to a weapon that she can counter with (FE4 boss moment) or has WTA. It synergizes with Arms Shield, which reduces damage taken if the user has WTA. And just the cherry on top, our favorite boss's skill, Vantage.

8YBp67N.jpg

dvj8p5f.jpg

Her 2 retainers are pretty dangerous too. Swordmaster and Thief, 2 dodgy as hell classes, and one has the high-crit Wo Dao
(btw, I'm sad that they nerfed it. Only 20 crit, even lower than the Killing Edge!)

imDRiN0.jpg

First thing first, Chloé's gonna yoink that Killer Lance thank you very much!

C2xb63P.jpg

Alcryst heads for the ballista

bBz0cjy.jpg

TxzhDXP.jpg

While Yunaka and Louis bait out enemies. 
I swear to God, Yunaka's Defense is (relatively) so high, she just becomes my secondary tank now.

Pul1y3z.jpg

The ballista area won't be safe for long

JQIIGIE.jpg

ZvXxJUp.jpg

Yeah of course there's gonna be reinforcement. Not too surprising at this point.

dZrW4QP.jpg

Louis goes down to distract some enemies, taking down a few ones on his way

NGNfS9W.jpg

IvgwGwb.jpg

Alcryst, Colgate and Lapis work together to defeat the remaining foes

fs8J0Su.jpg

Do you even dodge bro?

NsnpZoW.jpg

v9SqovF.jpg

yVHzHZJ.jpg

Diamant has to Engage with Roy to one round this guy.

O9GFjS3.jpg

The Lance Fighters are surprisingly fast, even Yunaka cannot double them. Though to be fair, she's just 1 Speed short.
Also, you need 5 more Speed to double in this game. Kinda lame.

1T2FJ95.jpg

KGR2sJa.jpg

Anna destroys it in style!

Zre1Km0.jpg

ifMtlMm.jpg

Chloé and Amber form a wall of sort around Anna, protecting her

24RNyfR.jpg

Chain Guard too just to be sure

RjB1DFj.jpg

Oops, the ballista is free game now

4RuYJIn.jpg

Chain Guard really helps here.
No crit though.

fta5mo2.jpg

And they don't stop coming and they don't stop coming

czAcay6.jpg

Anna clears the way

NBq8jV2.jpg

Then Diamant readies to engage a Lance Flier

JZW7713.jpg

Yunaka clears the remaining Pegasus Knight

cBSioma.jpg

Discount Live to Serve really works wonder

SjG2vBG.jpg

Not the most exciting level up, but I'll take more Magic

kCii3Fx.jpg

One Punch Louis

XwbRV6S.jpg

I have a feeling he's gonna cap Def real soon

20uRgdp.jpg

The right side falls back to protect the middle area

aqLTOju.jpg

Clanne takes the Wind tome that Mage just dropped. I will be helpful with all the fliers in this map

SbK1rVc.jpg

Haha, I have it all planned out! No one can put a scratch on Louis's armor…

C0MOjXL.jpg

Oh. Right.

jlAZcaq.jpg

Ivy's retainers start to move

HvYQbKR.jpg

uSwn5Ps.jpg

A surprise crit for sure, but a welcome one

iDWX6Oe.jpg

Thanks to it, Anna can beat that guy more reliably

DLJgkzo.jpg

No Strength, but I cannot refuse more defenses for this map

yP48F8B.jpg

The Lance Flier ignores Diamant last turn

nh8Nk8N.jpg

…which pisses him the hell off

ZBbAHMc.jpg

His brother takes care of another one on the other side

NW0NMLg.jpg

The middle guys then wait for… even more fliers

evKh0Be.jpg

6mubAUh.jpg

Framme Engages to comfortably heal people from the back

mRSH3oD.jpg

Louis blocks the Armor Knight from reaching the middle area. We'll finish him later

8UGvIDY.jpg

rLy2asT.jpg

Finally got rid of that pesky Axe Fighter

DK4xnGp.jpg

For all I talked about Zelkov's danger, he's actually powerless against Louis. No damage, which also means no poison either.

LwWvwVX.jpg

QdbcjKx.jpg

The crit is scary, but even if Kagetsu lands, Diamant can still survive a hit

4LpLaug.jpg

Actually, without Roy's help, Kagetsu is pretty scary

wh3mbIi.jpg

JVmSPnS.jpg

Xqc09M8.jpg

So Clanne's just gonna reliably blast him away with Warp Ragnarok

SpoXGTp.jpg

R4DmEdQ.jpg

The Pegasus Knights did not attack again. I think they will ignore everyone to head to the castle gate.

xGhgpl0.jpg

Zelkov's personal skill makes him harder to be hit on (his) enemy phase, but I decides to attack anyway, since I have nothing better to do

lVu4qgv.jpg

vIa09Ov.jpg

Louis then proceeds to blows my expectation away

sLT4gUx.jpg

jgiJqpq.jpg

I'm surprise they even miss, both

bUVVA2c.jpg

dOdCLxw.jpg

Colgate and Alcryst will have to deal with her then

pKdLkEG.jpg

tSN4Er5.jpg

Ivy is likely to move next turn. Better prepare fast!

NJnYpJ6.jpg

Diamant heads for the energy spot to recharge

5K4YQ7u.jpg

Wind really does a number on these fliers.

MkOkFfK.jpg

Yunaka then finishes her.

ZMrzOpk.jpg

Mk0sAY3.jpg

Now, I know that Ivy is likely to advance next turn, yet I still let Anna go down a little too deep to fight this Pegasus Knight. Surely this won't come back and bite me in the ass, right!?

Oeg3tvO.jpg

Another One Punch Louis moment.

rSzS2nb.jpg

Colgate's gonna slay that Armor... Knight

4KX7Mlk.jpg

fW3sx5x.jpg

Lapis farms some EXP before Alcryst finishes the remaining flier.

F7LbH7D.jpg

Last Engage turn Great Sacrifice, as usual.

iHquG1K.jpg

Yeah you got my attention alright, the negative one that is

ZQV23Nw.jpg

JgFdeqO.jpg

Okay, so this is where I realize I fucked up. What I was worried about comes true; Anna cannot run away from Ivy's attack range. She can survive a round of combat with Ivy, but any other hit and she's dead. The mage and flier on the left are not a problem, I can easily block them off with other characters. The mage down south on the other hand though... Anyone who fight them will have to deal with Ivy too, up close with her Killer Axe.

I even seriously considered having Amber kill that mage, sacrificing him to save Anna, but after like half an hour or so of reassessing the situation, I found a better solution.

qC0M8Rz.jpg

Let's get Chloé out of the way first.

JadBtiC.jpg

First, Louis goes to that spot and pops open a bottle of Pure Water. I knew it would come in handy!

ZJwuMq7.jpg

Framme then uses Obstruct...

Ef5WhEQ.jpg

...and Ivy's stuck there! Mission accomplished!

cmZ5RWZ.jpg

Damn it, just one tile short!

xDHGGaE.jpg

at3iyy2.jpg

8zNSAFk.jpg

Killing all enemies on the left side.

tLozggo.jpg

The Smash effect looks really cool!

BkNigBC.jpg

Run, girl, you're safe now!
Well actually, there's still that mage down there, but she can handle a fight with them. She's fine!

lJYJueZ.jpg

The situation up here is also a minor headache. Alcryst cannot run away from Ivy either, but at least he's not in range of her melee attack, and there's no other enemies up there to worry about.

TsqVtaI.jpg

Last turn Colgate was to far away to strike down Ivy, so I'm not making the same mistake again. She moves in as close as possible, even if that means putting herself in Ivy's attack range.

BTt6Bhd.jpg

Lapis though... Run, as far away as possible!

OVCAbbW.jpg

See, she's fine, doing great even!

GadqYrm.jpg

LCTCWtl.jpg

Ivy chooses to attack Louis.

Ok, listen up soldiers! It's time to bust out the ultimate tactic! It's called...

BNQSvqF.jpg

9u0UUN4.jpg

NIGERUNDAYO!!!

nF10USF.jpg

yvd2gAe.jpg

HTpEq3c.jpg

Converge up there and ready to gang up on Ivy when she comes!

FL31AYr.jpg

Anna will have to fight that pesky mage one more time.

H62z8g5.jpg

Lapis must stand there to protect Colgate from the Lance Flier. The combined attack from that flier and Ivy will most likely kill our lord.

sSRX482.jpg

Urgh screw Emblem energy, we need all hands on deck!

Z1pYSPV.jpg

Finally got rid of that annoying mage!

G8ySUNZ.jpg

Lapis is attacked by a mage, as expected. The flier ignores her and heads for the gate though.

z5dZ43P.jpg

Interestingly, Ivy decides to attack Louis again.

N7ZanNZ.jpg

He has had enough of your shite

BSDEQEe.jpg

Just Chloé doing her mage killing job

r3u3R9l.jpg

Lapis kills her attacker's comrade

OxlyRkf.jpg

gRxdIso.jpg

And with that, only the boss is left.

L01X5HJ.jpg

Swords are actually pretty good against Ivy, since they tricks her into equipping the Master Lance, which weighs her the hell down.

To19I3z.jpg

otMyKv6.jpg

0MFG6s0.jpg

Some boss abusing before Colgate finishes the job.

CXXcc2i.jpg

iEMSqS1.jpg

88lVfb0.jpg

qP1H4h8.jpg

d2ZaMGf.jpg

Is this near enough for you!?

YBTIKTz.jpg

3i04ReB.jpg

Anticlimatic.

VVHritU.jpg

I'm running out of jokes here.

2pkGm8r.jpg

FhtqBRa.jpg

WJ2OEyu.jpg

uGQaz99.jpg

CKotLmS.jpg

Leif!

DGmXExy.jpg

What, does scaring the sh*t out of my army with your Killer Axe not count as "swing a sword" for you?
(Well technically not, but you know what I mean!)

aO5Ne1d.jpg

Nsn2ojQ.jpg

Then she scoots away, just like her sister.

zdVoHaS.jpg

vzhLEIr.jpg

1oz8P8Q.jpg

We don't have a moment to spare ourselves though. Will still definitely take my time on the Somniel after this first

FMkPRym.jpg

pVhvCV4.jpg

8gKsFuu.jpg

2Dnp7QD.jpg

One...

uNhYlBs.jpg

pJawLFD.jpg

5vBZIZL.jpg

Oof, the king has had enough of being told around, by his son no less

VuCj2GG.jpg

ht4Ngco.jpg

VBc4iZX.jpg

Such is a weight placed on an heir's shoulders

jJrj84h.jpg

Two...

MyXZC0j.jpg

2Qnxjmr.jpg

Three...

3VyYAsZ.jpg

Four...

u5UD5w7.jpg

I understand the fear of being branded as a coward, but still...
Ah well, you did your best, Diamant.

kH8cCoX.jpg

3ZqCM3P.jpg

That's actually a pretty cool quote.

1BFQ88F.jpg

F2rNxI6.jpg

And then he manages to raise two more flags in succession

bhe6k4H.jpg

C956tzC.jpg

You don't need to be a dragon, Colgate. Whatever people say, you are cool enough as it is!

LSG1ejT.jpg

Thank you for your war contribution!

7X6W7p0.jpg

That's, uh, one way to look at it?

V6pm6MH.jpg

No, the real MVP is actually standing right behind you, but you will get there someday Anna!

ncnDVuV.jpg

Cut it off! As a matter of fact, I do have and Elusian in my army, and she's the sweetest thing ever!

giiHuCz.jpg

Ah, the ballista. I could have used it and made my life a little easier, but nooo, I just had to hoard it. In the end, I did not get to use it at all. What a waste.

pQZSwbc.jpg

slSKT8Q.jpg

Meet Saphir, Saint Rubenio's best girl. Sadly, she won't be joining us for now.

yDZVOqa.jpg

Stop, you can only be so dead!

TcLUUGh.jpg

bmsUDBS.jpg

I really like this motto too.

• 3 months later...

Hi. I'm not dead yet. Just got incredibly busy with life. But now that things have finally calmed down somewhat, hey, I'm back! I do want to see this LP to the end after all.

By the way, it has been really long since the last time I wrote this LP… or played the game, so please forgive me if anything feels weird.

With those out of the way, let’s begin, shall we?

Part 11: Taking A Breather

Spoiler

Let's start off by checking out supports, as usual. First we have Louis/Chloé C support, finally

1cLy6Wz.jpg

gR686z1.jpg

eMyHVJy.jpg

This sounds horribly creepy in and out of context

W4dcTEC.jpg

etTtYXR.jpg

I admire this man's confidence in expressing his… uh… interest

nDo45UK.jpg

SioB9Kh.jpg

But of course, Chloé doesn't mind. She's just the same, even!

0CV0YQp.jpg

I want a support where the other party is not okay with his habit to see his reaction. Have nothing against the man or his actions, love Louis, I'm just curious

y2mdsv0.jpg

g6yJF0p.jpg

Can't wait for whatever shenanigans unfolding in the next support!

Next up is Alcryst/Lapis C support

NaN5P5T.jpg

FRgOtka.jpg

2bwWDbu.jpg

v5vtoRL.jpg

TPSVVbG.jpg

RAlGN0T.jpg

Oh Alcryst. Your intention is noble, but the fact that it stems from your crippling anxiety is… troubling. Feels almost self-destructive

GD1tQ81.jpg

XhMStUq.jpg

784uHCe.jpg

hnFEhwW.jpg

I think Lapis's refusal has something to do with her own insecurity too. Alcryst inadvertently makes Lapis feel useless, like she can't even protect the prince properly that he needs to protect her instead

mt26mOw.jpg

I don't normally do character analysis like this, but the whole Alcryst squad resonates with me so much I just can't help it. Though this support does not have the shipper-approved vibe I was hoping for, it's top-tier character building material

6rV6YbU.jpg

kINRHhL.jpg

JbLDoB1.jpg

I have nothing witty to say here.

Louis max out his bond support with Sigurd (for now). We gaming next map bois!

qI27lfF.jpg

Another joke weapon acquired from the well: the Lollichop, an axe. The pun is still exquisite, as always

58i7Ziv.jpg

Everyone's favorite minigame is finally available

LjLqHuP.jpg

AGcEVof.jpg

81p04hw.jpg

At least it's more interactive than 3H pseudo-rhythm fishing, and it tickles my collecting urge too

W74uulY.jpg

Look at his alpaca jacket! And the way he talks! I like this guy! If only my deployment slot isn't so restricted…

EHZrrJ9.jpg

I have seen a lot of Etie potato memes lately, so this is just accidentally *mildly* funny to me

Blj9nzW.jpg

MORE CATS! And eagles too! This is truly the land of freedom might

jTopWVP.jpg

As per tradition, our new recruits enter the arena

KIg2b0N.jpg

Did not expect Amber would win. I'm impressed

VSH2J45.jpg

nNpxG7A.jpg

This man is on a roll today
Also I don't know if Amber just has good stats, or if Yunaka's damage is actually that low. Certainly does not feel like it with the enemies

ohFE51f.jpg

Anna finally gets her long-overdue training

YRvQHf8.jpg

On one hand, yay Anna stronk! On the other hand, Vander has fallen off abysmally hard it's kinda sad to see. I really want to use the old man a little bit more, but with the ever more restricted deployment slot, I guess his retirement is approaching soon, if not already happened

5oK3xzS.jpg

Strength and speed, I'll take it
Still not getting over how low this Anna's Luck is

By the way, random thoughts. I don't know if this is how ancient Romans feel, pitching two fighters against each other, but I must admit.
It's entertaining.

VfdZN1x.jpg

The training montage unlocks Diamant/Amber C support too

4dOHhCX.jpg

D8YFtj5.jpg

WyWj1EU.jpg

g79SE2c.jpg

w3HyTD5.jpg

Amber is a comedic timing genius. And Diamant deadpan reaction to the whole thing is just cherry on top

ZTgXIPo.jpg

LDzl1UL.jpg

uufrhDc.jpg

Amber breathes in some potion fume and pours his heart out. I like how a seemingly comedic support has a pretty wholesome ending, and builds up for character building moment later down the line

7AQffHW.jpg

Framme almost reaches bond 5 with Micaiah, so let's raise it right now

DyR5DtL.jpg

uaty9bW.jpg

Ouch.

jpNTmAv.jpg

KFcYecU.jpg

That's our little sunshine!

TADqtUd.jpg

Got the one most important skill for our Chain Guarder…

PvQhBw6.jpg

… so let's give Jean the ring next

UM6yTIN.jpg

Framme hangs out with her bestie and unlocks their B support

jMgDpLm.jpg

In continuation of their last support, Framme sent the statuette she bought from Anna home and just got a reply letter from her mom

vffTHoh.jpg

zdsNXft.jpg

3TMurs3.jpg

I wonder if Dragon Stewards get vacations. Maybe Vander handles everything when the twins go home.
(And I just realized I have been calling Steward of the Dragon "Dragon Guardian" all this time. Old habit from the pre-release, when we did not know the official translation yet)

XG5wNnp.jpg

d9silKK.jpg

3TGSNMh.jpg

Aww, Anna misses her family

P2L3rhH.jpg

That's so sweet of you Framme

wQn4899.jpg

LOawdfA.jpg

Qr1RZbK.jpg

I wonder if she has to put on a brave face often. Poor Lady Anna
Also, it's nice to see an Anna talking about something other than money and merchant stuff

qPK4r7a.jpg

Alcryst and Lapis already unlock their B support by hanging out in the orchard (again). Twice in a row baby!

WyHhmFT.jpg

WR0Dv3P.jpg

DeliAFG.jpg

ViM1SsS.jpg

Lapis could, and absolutely did wrestle a bear and won. That's my headcanon.

X8883Rl.jpg

Oh boy, the self-belittlement again…

5bUVdA3.jpg

Shc7bcm.jpg

CHfAWT6.jpg

fDmH0n6.jpg

Lapis definitely doesn't want to see her prince undervaluing himself like that, but I wonder if there is anything else that upsets her.
Either way, I'm on the same boat with Lapis. It breaks my heart to see someone beat themselves up too much like Alcryst.

HSa38eF.jpg

0MTIp6Y.jpg

8ioN0XH.jpg

PFTHBr8.jpg

Poor Alcryst. All of this doesn't help his self-esteem at all.
I can't wait to see the resolution of their support chain… and hopefully Alcryst my boy will get better.

• The battle:
Spoiler

y0I0NGq.jpg

Qy6fNPP.jpg

yPcQXLt.jpg

LOu02ft.jpg

Could you not raise any flags… for five minutes!?

SbbGOZj.jpg

This overview of two army clashing is epic.

VhcUs7F.jpg

oW0NoWF.jpg

StZCsYM.jpg

BvtFyFf.jpg

Stop it you walking flag string

5K3BVLc.jpg

Mp0mejz.jpg

gg5cLxB.jpg

Old man has some moves

LY9uvUI.jpg

But ultimately, he’s no match for the King of Might

VOaYGpT.jpg

oUNOTkA.jpg

rCj69tu.jpg

I wonder whose ring is that

6lptfiE.jpg

rqt4cPU.jpg

2q64a9t.jpg

0qKt15T.jpg

I have always thought this scene where Hyacinth grabs Morion’s sword with his bare hand is one of the best ever since the trailer. It shows just how dangerous the rings are in the villain’s possession.

j3APZ6T.jpg

Oh hi Lyn!

fIryMHP.jpg

Guys I don’t think she can hear me

CuONtGo.jpg

And with that, King Morion officially joins the dead parents club

5fA6I24.jpg

Or not. I’m surprised he is still alive after getting 360 noscoped
But of course… it’s Lyn. Maybe she just doesn’t have enough Strength to finish him

7gRGc0A.jpg

Is it just me, or does his face look smoother in this scene?

sJLrimw.jpg

Oh hey, I don’t think I’ve met you guys before

Colgate and Diamant try to take king Morion back, but are stopped by none other than…

4fMnrqD.jpg

Hi there!

pPM7UUj.jpg

b6joofC.jpg

BqM74SQ.jpg

Poor, poor Ivy. Also, I don’t understand the concept of sending your army to battle just to execute them. That’s a huge risk; what if your army decides to defect, or divulge information to the enemy? Just kill them then and there!

e6DYrr5.jpg

So she said, but the snowstorm has no effect on gameplay. I’m not a fan of restricted movement as much as the next guy, but maybe a fog of war map would be nice.

Also, that reminds me, Ivy is a bit underdressed for this snowy landscape, does she not?

jFXq0QW.jpg

Spoiler: It’s not

But first, some last preparation

18D6pTk.jpg

All characters are equal. 

etLpWmY.jpg

Some are just more equal than others.

YZc6cGQ.jpg

8TGuSuo.jpg

GKnROG0.jpg

I love Armor Knights and their humongous Defense in this game, but the deployment slot man…
That being said, if there is an open slot in the near future, I plan to early promote and make her my replacement Vander

AP69tgs.jpg

Thank Naga Ivy doesn’t come equipped with any Emblem this time. I think the last time I was so scared of a boss was… idk, Takumi, possessed or not maybe?

DrTbsF8.jpg

Clanne uses Warp Ragnarok to take some pressure off Jade. Don’t worry, I checked carefully this time, there are no other enemies that can reach him

eDSORA2.jpg

Yunaka in a bush!

HfnMbaL.jpg

Lapis instead of our usual tank baits out the axebros. I want her to get some more EXP.

gUaDEJk.jpg

2dIpFkr.jpg

YttIfJg.jpg

8Af9CKx.jpg

Now I feel bad for being relieved at Ivy not having any rings

AmOHpOS.jpg

Anyways, let’s prepare for those eventual reinforcement.

l5i9MGe.jpg

QjyvEX3.jpg

That’s more damage to an Armor Knight than I’d like

6PiJ7VL.jpg

Now why the f-
The squishy mage is right there! Well he’s not that squishy, but you know what I mean
*Sigh* Fiiine. The green unit gets the first kill.

UslsFxf.jpg

Lapis is trying to catch up

UsFKA7Z.jpg

YUNAKA IN A BUSH!!!

c6jDkXv.jpg

Holy papaya!

vgkqKg6.jpg

YUNAKA IN A…

FgbWbiY.jpg

Oh wait.
I’m disappointed, Yunaka.

9kkvmX6.jpg

Learn to dodge like Lapis here, will you?

JL3NTP8.jpg

ejvGmT1.jpg

Alcryst vaporizes the poor pegasus

ET5wDTf.jpg

Not the best level up, but oh well, at least there’s even more delicious crit

OMh4B4Y.jpg

These enemies are annoyingly tanky

uRPXlaI.jpg

So Seraphim helps a ton here

e8T7EL4.jpg

He’s channeling his inner Warrior

J6USFly.jpg

Chloé demands more blood

LywRl7m.jpg

Cn6fzh3.jpg

Colgate sets up for a rare Jean kill.
Savor it. You won’t see this scene anytime soon.

e9uepfw.jpg

ONE PUNCH!!!

tARo2Cy.jpg

*Epic drum and guitar play in the background*

Uk2Cx8U.jpg

You see, my healers are just giving concussive therapy, as suggested by a certain Ostian brain-doctor, to these poor, *corrupted* souls

SfGQjFt.jpg

ylE6JHe.jpg

Anna completes Lapis’s job, then helps her finish another

KqiveQZ.jpg

Are you sure about that? I see no Strength here

pdl6EJj.jpg

oJzh4hH.jpg

Sothis-damn it Jade! Save the crit until you are recruited!

cmifSL7.jpg

Ha! Look at Kagetsu and his intimidating Wo Dao! Doesn’t he know 0x3 still equals 0?

Okay that’s a bit mean, but I don’t get many opportunities to laugh at Swordmaster enemies. They are normally quite terrifying and/or annoying. 
By the way, now that I think about it, Llyod is also a pretty scary boss, morph or not

WXbwneW.jpg

dMMZxsM.jpg

Reigning MVP passing the torch to younger generations.

VUWClPu.jpg

Framme levels up from some healing. At least Str is not entirely wasted in her case… I guess?

1FRn659.jpg

Alcryst softens the flier up

m5HIckS.jpg

Beautiful.

IdYUm5Z.jpg

So Chloé can get the…

YH4yvWt.jpg

… damn it.

IN3k5ux.jpg

So Clanne can get the kill

UB2SH8i.jpg

That’s more like it!

We’re having roasted pegasus for dinner tonight!

GeapKEa.jpg

xiKpEq9.jpg

They’re non-ambush spawn by the way. I love this game.

coNIrOQ.jpg

Louis is ready to engage some enemies

7JyVq9k.jpg

Yunaka, it’s time to redeem yourself… in a bush!

G6JZkOJ.jpg

Meanwhile, Clanne retreats to recharge his energy

DfevEAT.jpg

HK0cAWq.jpg

YUNAKA…

zrB61z2.jpg

IN A BUSH!!!

Ik3d2zT.jpg

Well you win some, you lose some I guess.

IkclAal.jpg

Ha! Your puny swords have nothing on me!

lealXSk.jpg

Oh.

55YgW1a.jpg

78BG30i.jpg

These Chain Attacks are getting annoying.

w5bcE9g.jpg

Though Louis has been consistently hitting sub-80 hits. What a man.

kYIZRyl.jpg

M7uTb1D.jpg

It’s boss killing time!

Dkm3hTm.jpg

kt6jArZ.jpg

4JQkRy9.jpg

You just got Engage'd. Please don't attempt to dodge or counter. Thank you.

c900uyh.jpg

80sPcLh.jpg

S8epGeG.jpg

Let’s light this snow up!
The fire will *hopefully* slows the next wave of enemies down too.

V2MRcqq.jpg

I think you miss a spot, Yunaka

0LI1WIY.jpg

I think I know why the enemies feel so tanky. It’s because my army (except for the frickin’ mage) (and the healer) (and the GOAT, of course) just refuse to level up Strength!

w0b1sJz.jpg

Okay, now that things have calmed down, let’s finally try to talk to Jade

Dwe7A4s.jpg

Alcryst is here to show that he’s no slouch in the hiding-in-a-bush department either.

AaVdtgb.jpg

The only time I’ll ever feel happy about a miss

5jKYPCt.jpg

So passionate about your job, aren’t ya?

67jfvA1.jpg

XciIq0e.jpg

Welcome on board!

5UkDggu.jpg

Louis gets some refreshment…

QMkuAi3.jpg

Then pops another bottle of Pure Water and returns to the front line.

nAyeUm1.jpg

Well you should be, ‘cause I’m not. Pretty bad level ups so far for a unit with supposedly increased growth rates, Jean

kgBly1x.jpg

So the fire from Roy’s Final Smash only lasts for a few turns. Kinda lame.

2PaSkn4.jpg

Louis fears no mage!

eYCv7aO.jpg

jzt5CHg.jpg

ItemGet!

Clanne may need this, but I’ll hold on to it for a while first.

sqoRGi2.jpg

Colgate is ready to engage some Armors. Surely this won’t overextend and put her in danger, yup!

engF9kB.jpg

Clanne the Tank wants to show off his /*big/* defense

VMFUqqA.jpg

But his sister says safety first!

zmVIpsp.jpg

RRXrz1w.jpg

Those are two different battles; the first enemy missed. Good to know misses doesn’t consume Chain Guard

un2eSxE.jpg

wEuNIAd.jpg

0qHh4mK.jpg

If the second guy hadn’t missed, I would have been in huge trouble. Dodge tanking is unreliable in this game, duly noted.

9bwpfTq.jpg

Time to fry some more armors!

zPR18l7.jpg

The enemy thinks she’s Yunaka, but she cannot escape Alcryst’s impressive Dex. 

1y0MwuH.jpg

UGuz6qg.jpg

Colgate is healed up by Jean before sending off the remaining Armored Knight to his brothers

7kpSOxt.jpg

Normally I would not complain about Spd (plus bonus Build) level up, and Def is pretty important for an ironman run, but… I just want more Strength man…

fbbpMN6.jpg

That's not what I meant when I said I want more Strength.

With Clanne finishing the last remaining Armored Knight, only Ivy and her generic lackey squad remain

wDHjsNv.jpg

At first I planned to let Louis use his last Pure Water and bait out enemies as usual…

pIf4SD3.jpg

But we already do that all the time. I’ll let Clanne flex his hardened mage’s muscles instead

qqscmMC.jpg

Jean is here in case things go awry.

cyhHKdl.jpg

dwUD0Fq.jpg

Hmmmm deeee-licious

The effective weapon’s effect is sooooo satisfying.

PYSTSAp.jpg

Oho! What do we have here? Another Chain Guarding foe!

So my gut reaction is…

VSpCauC.jpg

Kill every other enemies…

SCZSFIq.jpg

Then kill the one she’s supposed to protect with unguardable Engage Attack…

Heu0bjE.jpg

He’s capping Def real soon, I’m calling it

Ng66b8z.jpg

And then kill the Guarder herself.

JCkoH7Q.jpg

Last turn Ultimate party!

DfiNIsf.jpg

You did well

But I did better.

euUtGLs.jpg

Exp-farming Sacrifice…

8l318jH.jpg

My Colgate that’s hideous! Go get your hat or something to cover those horrible gains!

Oh and his bug eyes are terrifying too

TGidhmo.jpg

… then give the boss kill to my most equal character.

tI59nHt.jpg

uuXqC1P.jpg

Nj4Fv1x.jpg

Aww, don’t make me play favorites Anna!

Rq566uo.jpg

Well, that’s to be expected with his display of fire-forged body this chapter

Xrc5aVV.jpg

eNHaJmI.jpg

Colgate refuses to kill Ivy, which is actually fair, since chances are she would not betray the one who spared her life, not without orders from her kingdom (which has effectively abandoned her), and potential gains from gratitude are much better than senseless killing.

But still, just take her as POW, don’t let her run around, and you wouldn’t need to have this entire conversation

soouxPP.jpg

aEzGg1V.jpg

ZfSMN69.jpg

Colgate needs to get used to the fact that she’s a literal physical god, worshiped by many all over the world soon

QYterkH.jpg

See, that’s why I said Hyacinth's decision to “execute” Ivy by sending her to battle is idiotic. He doesn’t even need an army to slow us down, Colgate said the snowstorm would have done that anyways. And now he has an information leak on his hand. Nice job fixing it, villain!

YqpPbPw.jpg

DkQRjHF.jpg

In other words, king Morion is dead meat, literally

9tWU552.jpg

R8wpAfY.jpg

I sure hope he’s not just a slimy corpse now

Ba9bMSc.jpg

QUICK, THEY’RE RUNNING OFF! Capture them Colgate! I’m sure the bench squad would gladly keep an eye on the prisoners!

Mpq0A09.jpg

GXplPYb.jpg

Wait! But first…

OgvXgRD.jpg

I forgot Anna is an Elusian too. I don’t think it will happen, but the possibility of meeting Anna’s family (read: even more Annas) here is just too exciting

epFkWxC.jpg

Okay, now we can go.

ekVmHvU.jpg

Hmm?

a2jhhSK.jpg

Eyyyy look who’s here!

m7epxFj.jpg

Ninja’d by Colgate!

EqDoElV.jpg

0GE88EG.jpg

XPO9GD9.jpg

That’s pretty sus

But that’s fine, she’s cute, I forgive her.

After that, Veyle shows Colgate where she needs to go, just as the latter is lost in the raging snowstorm. What an amazing coincidence, that I sure hope was not set up by some sinister force or something!

L4NrFPN.jpg

Another close-up of Veyle because she’s just so dang cute!

OQXmajA.jpg

3HOPcXG.jpg

jU2HyqN.jpg

dYp5Tn3.jpg

80m6nxr.jpg

TokD6eW.jpg

You can’t hear it, but the BGM suddenly cuts off here, which sets up the omnious mood quite nicely.

ntBfXxe.jpg

And with that, she vanishes, again.
I’m sure we’ll meet her again soon though

nf0qhTn.jpg

Real soon.