Ch21 Reinforcement Zones Question

Whisky

I know that groups of reinforcements are triggered to appear if a unit ends there turn within the reinforcement zones. Maps of these zones and the groups they trigger can be conveniently found just by a simple Google search. It’s very helpful knowledge to have when playing this map and can make it a lot easier.

Anyway, in my recent playthrough of this chapter, I entered the zone in the bottom right by the shrine to trigger the reinforcements. They appeared for one turn and then stopped. I waited around a couple turns for more to show up but none did. I know that more appear on HM but I was playing on NM this time so I thought maybe they only appear for one turn on NM? So I moved ny forces forward towards the shrine, and then more reinforcements appeared and killed a couple of my units.

So my question is, do the reinforcements go on pause if you leave the zone, and then resume whenever you go back into the zone? Or do the reinforcements only appear every few turns? Is it different between NM and HM?

Thank you in advance for the clarification.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2023 at 3:10 PM, Capt. Fargus said:

Well, you got the one that triggers Galle and his gang, and another when you get closer to the Shrine. Might be you’re actually thinkin of 2 different sections

Oh hey, I didn’t see this response. I guess I forgot to follow my own thread. 

Anyway, nah I never triggered Gale. He never showed up. It was the same group of enemies both times just spread apart several turns. I’m thinking it is that the reinforcements go on pause if you leave the zone as that would explain my experience here, but I never realized it worked that way. I’ll test it out at some point if no one else is sure but it will probably be awhile as I’ve been playing Engage.

On 2/5/2023 at 10:57 PM, Whisky said:

Oh hey, I didn’t see this response. I guess I forgot to follow my own thread. 

Anyway, nah I never triggered Gale. He never showed up. It was the same group of enemies both times just spread apart several turns. I’m thinking it is that the reinforcements go on pause if you leave the zone as that would explain my experience here, but I never realized it worked that way. I’ll test it out at some point if no one else is sure but it will probably be awhile as I’ve been playing Engage.

Just remember the 30 turn limit

I’m a “slaughter everything in sight” kinda guy and on my last run through there I wound up droppin Murdock with 3 turns to spare 😳