Does Anyone Have a Translation of Jean's S-Rank Support?

CazTGG

By now i'm sure a lot of people have seen the translated text of Anna's S-rank support for Fire Emblem Engage.  In contract to the amount of attention that particular support conversation has received, I've seen comparatively less discussion and controversy pertaining to the other "way too young to be on the battlefield seriously where are your parents?!" kid in the 10-year-old Jean.  As such, i'm wondering if there's been any sort of fan translation of the S-rank support and what the contents of the conversation contain because if it's anything like the one they gave to Mini Me Anna, then I am shocked to see it not be a part of that discourse.  I'm currently trying to do research on it and the support for Anna to script a video on Fire Emblem's history when it comes to localization/the controversies that have arisen as a result of changes (The lost dialogue and watering down of certain character's sexuality in Radiant Dawn as a result of the stereotypes applied to said characters in the original, Fates' handling of Soleil vs the original text, etc.), namely when there's some contentious content to the localized release (and of that, drilling down on the North American releases - I am significantly less informed/have far less access to releases compared to the various PAL region releases and any localization changes made for a given language).

Edited by CazTGG

I have actually translated Jean's S-rank support before.

Copy-paste (note that it's a rough/literal translation):

Spoiler

A: We picked a lot of them today.
J: It's thanks to you. Are you tired?
A: When I'm with you, I'm having fun and I don't feel tired.
J: Ah... Divine One, you are injured again.
A: Oh, in the battle the other day. One of our friends was in danger and I ended up protecting them.
A: I had it treated right away, but there's still a little bruise.
J: Please, use this. This is a medicine made from the herbs from last time.
J: t is very effective to remove scars, so apply it well... Please wait a little until it dries.
A: Thank you.
J: If you are injured...no, if you are ever in danger, you can always call me.
J: I will protect you no matter what... I want to become the kind of a person who can support you.
A: Jean...
A: But you already are.
J: Huh?
A: Jean. I feel stronger when I think of you.
A: If you like... Will you accept this "Ring of Promise"?
J: Oh, no...! I'm sure there must be someone who deserves this more than me...!
A: What are you talking about? It can only be you. You will support me, won't you?
J: Ah... I understand.
J: Thank you very much. I will support you as a partner from now on.
A: I'm looking forward to it.
J: In that case, I'll have to focus on getting stronger from now.
J: If I stay a child forever I won't be able to protect you.
 A: There's no need to hurry. If you grow up too fast you'll eventually leave me behind, and I'll feel lonely.
J: Got it. And, Divine One...
J: Thank you for letting me stay by your side. I'm going to take my time, and I'm going to become a great partner in the future, just wait and see.

Woah, this gives me so much discomfort...It's a 17 years old (Actually more like a thousand years old) telling a 10 years old child that he's giving him strength when thinking of him and so? That's too weird for me.

When you translate partner, what does it mean really? Love interest or partner to fight and things like that, like a counselor? 

By the way, it gives me strong pedo vibes, I don't like it. I know, when you're adult (30 or more) seven years is a gap you can eventually manage (I did it in being older or younger by that many years). But at 17 years old, that's something that not going to happen. Never. If you have been 17, and I hope you had, there's no way this can happen.

(The same goes for Anna. She's just a child!)

31 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

When you translate partner, what does it mean really? Love interest or partner to fight and things like that, like a counselor? 

The word used in Japanese is パートナー, which is... literally the English word "partner" transliterated into Japanese, lol. Anyway, it doesn't necessarily mean "romantic partner", but is more ambiguous, just like the English word. Work partner, buddy, partner in crime, etc.

9 hours ago, Hiroki said:

Woah, this gives me so much discomfort...It's a 17 years old (Actually more like a thousand years old) telling a 10 years old child that he's giving him strength when thinking of him and so? That's too weird for me.

By the way, it gives me strong pedo vibes, I don't like it. I know, when you're adult (30 or more) seven years is a gap you can eventually manage (I did it in being older or younger by that many years). But at 17 years old, that's something that not going to happen. Never. If you have been 17, and I hope you had, there's no way this can happen.

(The same goes for Anna. She's just a child!)

Yeah as Ageha mentioned it can mean anything from business partner, friend, etc. but given the context of it being part of the S-rank support, the mention of how "it can only be you", coupled with dialogue that sounds like something you'd confess to someone you like, them giving them a ring, it leaves very little in the way for interpretation for the advancement of a platonic relationship.  It's similar to how little ambiguity there is for Hortensia's support when the rhetoric used has implied romantic advances with Hortensia (a 14 year old) saying she loves Alear.