Your best, worst and most disappointing unit.

ciphertul

Okay, for everyone playing let’s see how everyone stacks up. Who are your best, worst and most disappointing units so far?

Mine are- (disclaimer I’m playing normal with a lot of grinding)

Best: If going by stat ratings it would be Framme sitting at 234, she has capped everything but Hp, Str and Mag. In terms of actual combat usefulness it would be Alfred, he can pretty much handle everything.

Disappointing: Timerra. I really expected her to do way better. Her damage and spd are middling and she just can’t confirm a kill without procing sandstorm.

Worst: Sadly Chloe and Etie have been dead weight for me.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best: Jean & Timerra. Jean as a mage knight and most of his performance is based on the fact he can heal bot for the beginning of the game and not steal xp. He's also one of the few mages that can inherit canter early on. Timerra doesn't have the best speed but sandstorm stacks with crits making her able to potentially 1 round boss units with a killer lance (and she often wants to attack first as the backup unit). 

Disappointing: Hortensia. Her unique class wants to focus on staves but I think Qi adept chain guards are just way too good to pass up.

Worst: Etie does absolutely nothing after picking off a few fliers in her starting chapter. 

Best

Louis is an untouchable god walking among mere mortals. Probably the best armor in the entire franchise.

Merrin is an unstoppable dodge tank, and she backs that up with good damage and debuffs.

Diamant is a well-rounded bruiser.

Boucheron's one weakness is his Arthur-level luck, but that's real easy to patch up. A Rivals engraving early into a Lucina engraving later will give him everything he needs.

Most Disappointing:

Alfred - not only is he incredibly annoying, but his low speed and build aren't desirable for a tank.

Worst:

Framme is a total liability. No damage, and gets doubled and dies if so much as one enemy sneezes on her. Also she's insufferable.

At chapter 17 right now.

Best:

Warrior Etie. Her strength is godlike, her speed is easily remedied by Lyn, and that's really all she needs. Sure, she can't take hits very well, but she hardly needs to when she can one-round things with a free choice of range.

Most disappointing:

Clanne: He had a pretty great start, I kept him on the team for roughly half the game, but now he's starting to be overtaken by my hilarious mage Boucheron. Or maybe I'm just biased because Mageron is so funny. Either way, I don't have much room and Boucheron takes care of all my magical needs just fine, so... I'm pretty sure to the bench he goes.

Worst:

I don't really have anybody that I would call "worst", but I guess Chloé? It's unfair because I never gave her a chance, though. Pegasus knights are my least favorite classline in the series, and she does nothing to stand out among them. She's very average and I gave her the boot as soon as I could. Doesn't help that this is like, the FE where high movement classes are at their weakest.

Up to Ch. 12 on Maddening. Of my in-use crew...:

Best: Diamant.
Disappointing: Alear. This is primarily Diamant's fault.
Worst: Alfred. This is not Diamant's fault.

• Alear's reliable. She doesn't do amazing damage thanks to...think it was Micaiah's Engraving, but does acceptable damage at almost zero risk through that Engraving plus +Avo skills while setting up others for more damage with Rose's Thorn Divinely Inspiring. Suppose I should try using Engage more since Liberation fuels it.
  • Framme's doing her job as a healer. Handy every now and then for chip kills through Alear's personal skill being added after defense.
  • Alfred is struggling. Too slow and not enough defense for tanking swordsmen while having little strength to hit back.
  • Boucheron's doing his job. Not the strongest nor fastest axe fighter I've ever seen, but he's got the Bld, Spd, and Dex to to make him serviceable.
  • Celine's doing her job as a mage. Can't say no to mages against all the armor I've seen.
  • Chloe's doing her job as a pegasus knight. Can't say no to near-unrestricted movement.
  • Jean's doing his job as a healer like Framme. Starting as a healer saved him from the bench and I sure am glad he's not there.
  • Yunaka's doing her job well. Poisons foes whether at range or up close, and can occasionally do serious damage while dodge tanking on a +Avo tile.
  • Alcryst is surprising me. Besides having decent Str + Spd, being Covert is really handy. Sent him solo to kill high-priority targets a few times and got away with it thanks to that.
  • Diamant is worshipped by his brother for a reason. God *damn* you and your base stats even when you're the same level, Diamant.
Edited by Technoweirdo

On to my final chapter but trying to grind supports so I'm holding off finishing my first run.

Best:

Diamant w/ inherited Alacrity + Sol. I could literally throw him alone into a crowd Ryoma style and he'll tank everything and heal himself. 

Louis vs Tinkatons. His main weakness is magic users which appear more endgame so I dont think he's as good as Diamant. 

Alcryst: End game Alcryst has decent defences, doubles a lot and have pretty high crit rates. He crits a lot and if he doesn't crit, Luna procs pretty consistently. 

Most Disappointing:

Chloé had to be dropped midgame cause she was getting bad level ups (ended with more mag than str without reclassing). Will use her again in next playthrough. 

Ivy: Honestly was hoping to use her as the main magic user but I've regulated her to a staffbot by end game. She's too slow to double so she does less damage than other mages on the team. Her mobility is great for healing and other staves shenanigans though. 

Worst:

Framme is remarkably unremarkable. I think it's the first FE game where I benched an early game healer. 

Edited by zuibangde

Chapter 13 Hard.

Best: Chloé. As per usual, I gave the Pegasus Rider some early favoritism as far as stats booster (and emblem) go, but it paid off since she's super solid right now.

Disappointing: Jade. Female armor? Cool! Worse stats in basically everything compared to a lower levelled Louis? Considerably less cool.

Worst: Etie. She has died more often than the rest of my entire army combined. 

She dies to everything. She's slow so she gets doubled by most things and she has low HP, Def and Res so she gets 1-shot by most of the slow enemies. 

With that said, I recently upgraded her to Warrior which helps her considerably. Lots of strength, 3 range chain attacks and sometime can actually survive something. We'll see if that'll just last a few chapters or if she's finally going to be 'okay' instead of a liability.

I'm up to the siege map in Brodia, and while Louis has been absolutely perfect; it's kind of tricky getting everyone to catch up to him. The closest that I have is Etie, Alfred ( who is already underperforming), and Boucheron but it really says an lot when most of your initial frontline can barely win an fight on their own.

Frame is essentially trash outside of being an healer

Edited by Armchair General

Ah, that's funny how everyone is having different games. I think it's really based on our RNG and also our own tastes. ( @Saint Rubenio I'd love to see that Mageron, ahah!)

For my part, playing on hard, Chapter 17, with 0 grinding (I hate grinding in games. I tried to do a skirmish, but I was so bored at the start that I cancelled it. I can't pass this, unfortunately).

Best Unit

-Diamant: Obviously. I knew before playing that I would like him, but he's just too good. Paired with Ike or Lyn, he's just too powerful. He can nearly kill any unit solo, tank some attacks.

Well Performing Units

-Panette: When she arrives in my team, she kind of force me to bench Boucheron (who I liked a lot) because she was so much better than him. And yeah, she's a beast, solo killing a lot of enemies. I don't know what to do about her natural talent, which is Dagger and not Axe, surprisingly (better suited to be a wolf knight?)

-Yunaka: She's incredible. Very good avoid, being a covert is useful in avoid tile and her personal skill is really appreciated in this context. Plus she wield dagger, which are super useful to poison foes.

-Framme: Being a healer is super useful. Plus, she has enough speed to double some enemies, and I like to send her fighting, from time to time, just to get the kill. I should use her more to break foes (magic and dagger especially), by the way.

-Etie: In my game, sh'es really strong, and not so slow. Her bows are really useful from her range. There's a lot of flier, so she's always here to down them. And she really help lessening enemies HP (or kill sometimes).

Most Disappointing

-Alear: I think I can say Alear disappointed me. He's not really bad, but as the main protagonist, Divine Dragon and everything, I must say he's a bit weak. Not much strength, nor speed. Don't avoid lot of enemies. He's not as smooth to play as Diamant. But he's still a good unit. Especially from his Dragon class, and all the bonuses that gave!

Worst

-Jean: I'm not sure I have a worst unit, since I don't use many of them and really keep replacing units I like the less by new units. But maybe Jean, because I don't like his design. Only that. Never used him, so, it's not stat wise.

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

hilarious mage Boucheron. Or maybe I'm just biased because Mageron is so funny.

Wait...not kidding but I also did Sage Boucheron and he's honestly a surprisingly good magic user?! He maxed out HP and Dex, has enough speed to double most enemy units and can take a hit or two just by the power of high HP (for a mage) and being fast enough to not be doubled. He also has the same Res as Ivy despite being 5 levels below her (granted Boucheron had more level ups due to second sealing).

Edited by zuibangde

Best: Louis. I mean, he's in danger from mages, but this guy has become pretty much invincible in physical combat. Having the same move as my other units lets him keep up.

Worst: Clanne grew pretty terribly.

Disappointing: Etie was quite useful to me early on in the game, so she's not really bad, but her growths have been terrible. She is worse than just about every other unit I've been using in pretty much every stat. Still, she was quite useful in Tiki's paralogue with a longbow, and some other chapters. But as soon as Alcryst came along I benched her.

I'm on chapter 15 rn, normal mode. I'm primarily using the stewards + royals (also Yunaka and Seadall if there is an extra deployment slot)

Best:

Diamant. He's just crazy good. His promoted class is amazing, he just enemy phases so well with a tomahawk and has crazy damage out put. He's also surprisingly fast, having stolen some kills from units.

Ivy. Mage fliers are amazing. Her with alacrity is just overkill. She doubles pretty much all the time and dishes out amazing damage. It was very unexpected.

Céline. Was she meant to be a speedy unit cause she's probably one of my fastest units. Is she super squishy? Yes. Does she kill most things before they have the chance to kill her, also yes.

Worst:

Clanne. His magic sucks. Every magic user post Clanne outclasses him in every way. He's just so... yeah. After having promoted him to mage knight, he is somewhat more serviceable and he does double quite often, however his damage out put is well, shite.

Most disappointing:

Alfred. He has gotten better, however for a long time he lagged behind and he has horrible speed. Also, some spoilers:

Spoiler

I definitely felt Sigurd's loss post chapter 11. Having crazy movement was Alfred's niche and having Sigurd's Brave Lance also helped. But after wards, Alfred has become significantly less useful. Tho, since getting up in bond ranks with Lucina and getting the Parthia, he has gotten better somewhat.

Maddening, up to chapter 12, just failed Tikis paralogue:

Best: I mean... Alear, Diamant, Celine have all made strong cases for themselves so far, but I just got Ivy and she does what Celine can with more mobility, and doesn´t really take much more damage than either Alear or Diamant, I feel. I guess the other two could be her retainers, especially the Swordmaster looks cracked, but I haven´t tried them yet, hence the failed attempt at Tiki.

Worst: Jean, didn´t bother cuz exp seemed so slow.

Disappointing: Vander and Alfred. Shit survivability after/during chapter 5, shite damage too. Same for Alfred, except I promoted him and he does everything Vander does but worse, astonishingly. These two look like instant bench material when Amber or anyone else really comes around. 

Then again, it might just be the reverse Kaga reinforcements power levels that are crazy. It feels like every map you get another Ryoma.

On normal, in the endgame.

Best - I have yet to encounter a problem that can't be solved by throwing Diamant at it, especially paired with Leif. Ivy, Rosado, Chloe, and Merrin are also standouts.

Worst - I haven't used Etie, Jean, Clanne, Anna, Lapis, or Citrinne since the start, so I guess that counts?

Disappointing - All but two of my time rewinds were because Alfred isn't nearly as durable as I keep thinking he is, and he isn't really keeping up (the other two were just because Chapter 17 is . . . fun). It also feels like I'm constantly babying Alear so that he can stay relevant.

I also agree with the sentiment that it feels like the opposite of the standard Fire Emblem unit curve - it feels like the units you recruit keep getting better the later in the game you go. Even with the extra investment you give them, nearly all of the early units apart from Celine and her crew have been outclassed by later-recruited ones.

Edited by Moonlit Knight

1 hour ago, Imuabicus said:

Then again, it might just be the reverse Kaga reinforcements power levels that are crazy. It feels like every map you get another Ryoma.

18 minutes ago, Moonlit Knight said:

I also agree with the sentiment that it feels like the opposite of the standard Fire Emblem unit curve - it feels like the units you recruit keep getting better the later in the game you go. Even with the extra investment you give them, nearly all of the early units apart from Celine and her crew have been outclassed by later-recruited ones.

Same here. It's a bit frustrating looking at those new units, already promoted and everything, outclassing our old units we took care of during long chapters.

I really want to use Lapis, but seeing Kagetsu, and the Goldmary coming out of nowhere, and being so much better than her infuriate me a bit.

Same for Boucheron I was "forced" to bench in favor of Panette. Even Céline was benched, because she was not good enough in magic or strength, and other magic units came with access to staff (and stronger)

5 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

Same here. It's a bit frustrating looking at those new units, already promoted and everything, outclassing our old units we took care of during long chapters.

I get you, I´m using Chloe mainly because i put 2 Energy drops into her expecting her to be good and so far she´s saved only by her promotion having staves and I fully expect Rosado surpassing her in every non-staff aspect, but at the same time it´s kinda... reassuring might be the wrong word, but your run won´t just add another scale of difficulty. Heck, only reason I didn´t reset for Vander in 11 was because Ivy and Co joined and him not-actually-dying-tm freed up a convenient spot on my roster.

Sure not every new recruit, not that I have em all, needs to be a combat machine, but it is a welcome change.

13 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

Same for Boucheron I was "forced" to bench in favor of Panette.

benched after getting crit killed in every map, begone Arthur #2

14 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

I really want to use Lapis, but seeing Kagetsu, and the Goldmary coming out of nowhere, and being so much better than her infuriate me a bit.

Sure, but Lapis looks like she might be a worthwhile unit - probably always outshone(?) by Kagetsu etc but good stats, you can instantly promote and so on.

On the other hand, Vander who can´t level, or only with great difficulty, Alfred who seems bad all-around, Jean because what use is a growth unit if their growth can´t surpass new recruits, Clanne because boom Celine, Citrinne, Ivy and whatever else I´m forgetting for now.

Then again I haven´t actually spent any Bond Fragments or inherited any skills for reasons of fomo/hoarding and post chapter 11 seems like a steep power drop-off - maybe I´m missing out on the good combinations for these presumably weak characters.l

Best: I saw a lot of people have complaints about Chloe but mine got really lucky with levels and has more strength than both Alear and Alfred and has been on par with Rosado but with better speed... She's definitely been really helpful. Diamant with Sol is really great. Alcryst with Luna is really great. My Pandreo is also doing more damage than Ivy for some reason? I saw him doing a lot as a priest and reclassed him to sage and he's been sweeping everything from a safe distance with Byleth ring + Thrysus.  

Disappointing: I tried so hard to give Alfred field time. Lord he makes it so hard to babysit him. He has middling stats in every direction, which means he doesn't have a single glaring weak point really.. but has a lot of them. My Alear was doing really badly in the strength department but I gave him Tiki's emblem and he got some really good speed and luck and res and... actually everything but offensive stat growths so I just use him as a dodge tank now. 

I might just be using them wrong but Hortensia and Timerra are alright but nothing to write home about. I enjoyed using all the other royals more, I think. 

Worst: Good lord I tried to give the twins a chance but they had some really, really bad levels. 

5 hours ago, zuibangde said:

Wait...not kidding but I also did Sage Boucheron and he's honestly a surprisingly good magic user?! He maxed out HP and Dex, has enough speed to double most enemy units and can take a hit or two just by the power of high HP (for a mage) and being fast enough to not be doubled. He also has the same Res as Ivy despite being 5 levels below her (granted Boucheron had more level ups due to second sealing).

I found a random playthrough while trying to check what was in chapter 16's village, since I failed to save it, and that one too had a mage Boucheron. Is Mageron the secret meta?

Honestly, he does work, surprisingly enough. His speed is insanely high for some reason, so he hits things twice, and as an axe mage knight he has plenty of options for versatility. He's not an invincible powerhouse, but he's pretty good!

2 hours ago, Imuabicus said:

Vander and Alfred. Shit survivability after/during chapter 5, shite damage too. Same for Alfred, except I promoted him and he does everything Vander does but worse, astonishingly. These two look like instant bench material when Amber or anyone else really comes around. 

1 hour ago, Imuabicus said:

Vander who can´t level, or only with great difficulty

I find Vander to be a superbly designed Jeigan, actually. He does exactly what Jeigans are supposed to do: He tanks and dishes out a mean hit in the earlygame, doesn't quite kill anything, and is slowly overtaken by the army. He should fall off around the time you enter Brodia. He fulfills his role unlike any other non-remake Jeigan since Binding Blade. And that's a good thing, I would say.

That being said, if you like his beard as much as I do, there are ways to make him work long-term. It's not so easy that he becomes another Seth/Titania/Frederick/what have you, but it's possible if you like him enough to put in the effort. His growths are okay, I find his speed is weak, but otherwise he's been growing well enough to keep up. His EXP gains are the real problem. Later on you encounter enough promoted enemies that he can grow at a somewhat decent pace, but otherwise, Micaiah, Byleth and Ike's AoE abilities grant a lot of EXP that he could use. Micaiah in particular gives him a ton just by healing multiple people at the same time. He could also inherit Byleth's Instructor skill, though it doesn't seem to do much.

Just one thing to note: I tried downgrading him to a base class to see if that would let him gain more experience. Worst mistake of my life, don't even try it. He doesn't gain any more experience and then you'll be stuck feeding him every promoted enemy in sight until he crawls his way back to level 10 to promote. Now he's a decent halberdier, soon to be royal knight probably, but those 10 levels as a base soldier were not worth it.

I'm surprised so many people are complaining about Alfred. He's not as durable as Louis for me, but he still has something like 18-20 def and around 45 HP. Speed is low (8), but bearable. This is right before chapter 11, which I hear is very difficult. I never give him an emblem and he's still pretty great.

Decided on a whim to check Alfred's promoted stats in other classes. His sister's the same level, making for a decent comparison point.

Spoiler

Lv12_Alfred.thumb.jpg.aa0d4f934232dfb95e133d4e4a7387f1.jpgLv12_Celine.thumb.jpg.824005f95ebc89db60b3d3c05256dc4b.jpg

Not sure if level ups will even things out eventually, but I am now very sure his class bases are terrible when Celine's actually considered fine. >.>
Granted, she is a mage which is already good just for anti-armor and ranged chip damage, but still.
Also he needs to ask what Celine's routine is 'cause for someone who doesn't spend anywhere near as much time exercising, she's not doing too bad.

Edit: Oh yeah, my Chloe's Lv. 12 too.  

Spoiler

Lv12Chloe.thumb.jpg.6ba3a965d182d5be29f4364baaa0475a.jpg

Chloe's unusual Mag growth on full display. lol
Also, Celine, maybe you should teach Chloe your routine too considering her job.

Edited by Technoweirdo

Best: I made Jean work.  He'll sometimes get benched just so everyone else can get some experience.  I've also turned Amber and Jade into, well, something.  I don't know how I got them to work, but I did.

Not the best: I couldn't figure out what to do with Framme so she was benched.  Jean could break stuff, which was more than she could do.

I've just finished "first ark" (on ch11 now) on hard/classic. As this is hard I've picked up the team based on potential supports as a result I skipped some potentially strong characters(Dyamant, Alcryst, Citrinne) and kept some that I was a bit skeptical about(twins, Boucheron, Lapis, Anna)

Best - Sigurd - he makes anyone a great unit. I haven't tried, but I think even Sigurd+Framme could be an OK melee unit. Any conventional unit he makes S tier - Alear, Alfred, Boucheron, Louis(my favorite combo) to name a few.

Speaking of Louis - he is very strong on hard - total physical+break immunity is broken. High hit rate and str is also nice. One fun option is to give him greatlance as he doesn't care about attack order or doubling and with it he hits like a truck. Btw weapon based engage attacks are very strong with "smash weapons" as all they care about is weapon mt. Greatlance override, Iron blade Lodestar Rush - this kind of things.

Another strong unit is Yunaka - she really needs +3/+4 upgrade on her knife, but it makes her really good - I am running her as a dodge tank and she does quite a lot of damage during EP while tanking nearly everything.

Worst - Surprisingly none. I don't see anyone as a "bench tier" - everyone has some role and usage. Also investment (giving emblems, feeding exp, buying and forging better weapons, early promotion and/or reclassing) works really well - there is a huge difference in performance between invested and not-invested units.

Disappointing - Alfred and Etie, they are workable, but I've expected more from them.

Playing on Maddening/Classic on chapter 13 now:

Best: Lapis by far, I used her since chapter 7 and used some boost items on her (the free bonus ones went to Alear). Promoted her to Swordmaster on Tiki's Paralogue while I was in chapter 9 and used mainly her (with Marth), Alcryst and Alear (promoted) to kill all the reinforcements waves, at the end of the Paralogue she was lvl 6 and had turned into a crit/dodge machine. Chapter 10 she alone trivialized one side of the stairs dodging and doing crits on everyone.

Disappointing: Alfred. I benched him after giving Sigurd's ring to Louis and since then Amber has filled his shoes when I needed a lance cav. Being a royal I was expecting more from him but he was useful only until chapter 5.

Worst: The twins, Clanne was benched really fast by Celine (and she was benched by Citrinne) and Framme was used as a heal bot until I promoted Citrinne and then benched.

Not as good as Lapis but helping a lot are Alcryst, Diamant, Citrinne (Brodia is carrying me hard), Louis and Alear (all promoted). Chloe isn't a powerhouse but being a Flier is useful on some maps but now with Ivy joining she is in danger of being benched. Jade and Amber are ok but situational, Yunaka was great with Micaiah but now with Zelkov i don't know what will happen to her, Kagetsu was good on chapter 11 but with Lapis/Diamant/Alear I don't need another sword infantry. Etie/Boucheron/Jean/Anna/Vander are all benched until the end of the game. Fogado, Bunet and Pandreo are too new to say anything and Ivy being a mage flier already gives her a place on my team.

Just beat Chapter 8, Hard/Classic. No DLC or skirmishes, not sure how much that might change things.

BEST: 

Clanne - I expected to bench this guy when deployment limits started requiring tougher decisions than “Bench Vander and the Pegasus” since Céline looked stronger and faster on arrival, but Clanne wound up a little faster and Céline only looked stronger due to Celica’s boosts. I moved Celica over to Clanne for Chapter 8 since statistically he’s slightly better in every area (I think he might have a little less HP, don’t feel like checking right now tho) while being the same level as Céline, and he improved massively. He does kinda need Celica at the moment, but he’s doing alright, and that’s better than I expected.

Louis - Somehow, my best unit overall is a Knight. Maybe because mages are rare right now, but Louis and his massive Defense have been the backbone of my team so far. I genuinely don’t know how I would have beaten some maps without him.

Also I gave him Sigurd and had him trivialize the Chapter 5 Thief distraction with a 10-Move knight, and that felt so, so good.

WORST & MOST DISAPPOINTING:

Alfred & Céline - I expected these two to be mainstays in the party since they were the first Lord-types I could identify. I figured they would be a solid cavalier and better Clanne respectively. That didn’t happen.

Alfred was okay early on, but wound up too slow and a bit too fragile to rely on past Chapter 5. He’s riding the bench now, and I’m trying to decide if Amber is worth training up in his place… also if lance cav is something I really require. Leaning toward maybe not at the moment, but I’ll wait until at least Chapter 9 to call it.

Céline… see Clanne. I tried making her work Celicaless in Chapter 8, but she wasn’t accomplishing much. I can’t see her getting off the bench this run. Maybe next time?

WOULD BE IN THE PREVIOUS CATEGORY BUT I FEEL LIKE MAYBE I DIDN’T GIVE THEM ENOUGH OF A CHANCE:

Boucheron - A bit sluggish and not especially strong or accurate when I was using him, but durable enough. Maybe he could’ve shaped up if I hadn’t benched him for Anna, but I did. Maybe next run I’ll stick with him and see what happens.

Chloe - Was doing alright, honestly, I just benched her instinctively once deployment limits started showing up like I have every starting Pegasus Knight since Florina.

SPECIAL CATEGORY FOR THESE POSSIBLE BENCHWARMERS:

Citrinne & Lapis - I forgot these two existed after Alcryst joined up. They were okay on Chapter 7, but I already have Clanne for magic who’s slightly better in everything except HP & Magic despite being 2 levels lower (though in hindsight Citrinne would’ve  been better than Céline for Chapter 8.) and Alear and Diamant for swords (seriously why give me a Sword Fighter right before giving me Diamant, The Cooler Sword Fighter?), so these two never got a chance.

Citrinne may get a shot in the immediate future if I have room though, since she’s superior to Céline and second mage is something I might actually want.

EXTRA SPECIAL CATEGORY FOR JEAN, ABOUT WHOM I AM CONFLICTED:

Jean - Healer!Est is nice in theory, I wouldn’t have to baby him too much and he can pick up the slack for Framme, plus he got decent levels when I was using him… but then I got Yunaka, and his merely-alright levels up to that point combined with Yunaka’s 5 Move being greater than Jean’s 4 made him a bit redundant, so I benched him for her. He could come back though, since I read ahead in the story and 

Spoiler

Yunaka’s not going to be a healer much longer

so Jean might get his backup-healer spot back. Not 100% sure on that though, need to see how things progress.