Your best, worst and most disappointing unit.

ciphertul

As of Chapter 7 on Hard/Classic getting ready for Anna's Paralogue.

Don't Leave Home without
Louis
-More because he is your only armor at this point than anything else. Effectively the only one who can soak more than a single hit.
-Currently level 10 and has gained 4HP, 2STR, 1DEX, 1SPD, 4DEF, 2LUK, and 1BLD(assuming I counted right). So I don't think he is super blessed, but definitely not cursed either. He has gained 3.75 stats per level. But his growths combined with the armor's growth leaves me with thinking that he is just a bit above expected. So I am confident that at this point in the game he is a must sortie for basically everybody.
-Armor combined with Sigurd can be quite handy, though I currently have Edelgard on him at the moment since Sigurd and Canto are too important for squishies to back out of range after contributing.

Blessed Beyond Reason, but math says you'll become average eventually
Framme
-So much pain during those first couple levels, but once she got a couple points each into str/mag/spd she took off. And her early levels were all basically +1 STR/MAG/SPD.
-Along with Louis she Hard Carried me through Tiki's map. She could nearly 1 round the dragons. She gained a lot of levels on that map and. . . not a lot of stats. Tiki cursed her I guess.
-Currently level 10 and has gained 7HP, 4STR, 6MAG, 2DEX, 8SPD, 2DEF, 4RES, and 3LUK. That is 4 stats per level. She is blessed with roughly 2 more HP, is about on Par for STR, is blessed with about 2 more MAG, is down a point of DEX, blessed with 3 extra SPD, is down a point of DEF, is about on par for RES, and is down a point of luck. So it doesn't look that huge at a glance, but 2 more magic and 3 extra spd really does wonders for a person's offense.
-That said she is falling off, nearly all those STR/MAG gains were early on as I said, I have barely seen any lately so is going from extremely blessed to getting closer to average.

Divinity doesn't render you immune to being cursed, I pray that math will come to your aid
Alear
-Is level 9 currently and has gained 1 whole point of strength. Do I need to say anything else?
-If you insist. She has gained 5HP, 1STR, 4DEX, 7SPD, 5DEF, 4RES, and 2LUK for roughly 3.5 stats per level. She is down 1 point of HP, down almost 3 points of STR, down almost 2 points of MAG, pretty close on dex, is blessed with nearly 2SPD greater than expected, has an extra point of DEF and RES, and is pretty close on luck.
-I think I know who needs the stat boost items.

Silly Categories aside.
Best- Yunaka
-Regularly doubles, hits hard, poisons, and can actually take a hit better than more than half the army at least.
Runner Up- Clanne
-Doesn't double as much as Yunaka but often manages where it matters most, hits hard, is magic, and can't take any kind of physical hit. He has gained 2HP and 1DEF in 7 levels.

Most Disappointing- Boucheron
-Has gained as much strength as Alear. Can't hit the broad side of an enemy if his allies' lives depended on it. But not worst since I could patch him up with Sigurd's +Hit stuff and he has been DEF blessed beyond reason. DEF and HP every level and he has even gained RES every other level so far. If he were an armor class and he keeps this up until level 10 he would be taking hits better than Louis. I've got my fingers crossed. I like the guy.
Runner Up- Etie
-I really wanted to like her. And as your only bow at this point in the story she is set up for success. But. . . she has been performing rather lackluster. She has gained as much strength as Alear. She isn't as badly strength cursed as Alear(YET), but her extreme frailty isn't doing her any favors. I think even Clanne is taking hits better than her. And he at least has decent RES to fight mages.

Worst- Alfred
-I don't think he is stat cursed, though I haven't done the math, but he is just feeling terribly lackluster even right from the start. I have ended up benching him, though I am thinking of taking him in for Anna's battle. Give him a few more levels and run him with an Emblem Ring and see what happens.
Runner Up- Vander
-Not many runner up options at his point and as the base stat cursed prepromote he is bad even if he looks cool. However, unlike Alfred his performance is expected to be this way, so I think Alfred is worse to me since Vander at least has an excuse of being an dapper old man filling a Jagen role.

Ouch. Laying that out. . . I really went hard on Alfred and his followers didn't I?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. What is up with Kagetsu though.

Insanely good base stats. 20s in relevant areas like speed and strength when reclassed (for the latter). Great personal ability that goes pretty well with axes.

I checked how he'd do if I reclassed him to a Wyvern. He just straight up outperforms Wyvern Diamant which I've been raising and even gave him a speedwing. And if I am checking right, also will be better than Rosado's stats who joins later.

I'm gonna have to try Kagetsu more closely in a new playthrough (a bit attached to my group) but holy cow he seems like a strong top 3 contender imo.

Edited by DaveCozy

Playing in normal mode for now
Best: Framme/Etie/Lapis
Framme became one of my tankiest units overall, she can easily take hits from anything, even those ballistas at Leif's trial and I don't really know if it's because I gave her Tiki's emblem (didn't made her transform at all or just when I needed chip damage with the fire breath) or just because she becomes infinitely better after being promoted. Etie got a refined Longbow and she always kills the target with that big damn str. Lapis is just that good, even if you promote her to Hero, i just did to replace another axe user.

Worst: Boucheron
I knew from the start that he would be an axe fighter like Bord/Cord and he got fixed somehow when I promoted him to paladin, but it was too late.

Disappointing: Anna/Timerra/Clanne
Who thought of giving axes to a small unit like her would be a good idea! A friend told me to reclass her into an archer, but it was already too late and just didn't use her at all. Timerra was outclassed by Alfred, Chloe and Alear, who was also very dissapointing until I made her Griffin Knight and now she heals and deals decent damage overall. And here I thought Clanne would be Asbel 2 but ended up being Merric in New Mystery... I still use him because having a magic user always helps, but my boy... you could have grown that mag stat a lil bit more...

On 2/3/2023 at 3:13 PM, Hecatia said:

And here I thought Clanne would be Asbel 2 but ended up being Merric in New Mystery... I still use him because having a magic user always helps, but my boy... you could have grown that mag stat a lil bit more...

Him starting as a mage is actually kinda funny given his growths. He has 35 STR and 10 MAG. So as a Mage his final Growths are 35 STR and 35 MAG. So its like he was designed to go Mage Knight as his promote.

Just about done with my first maddening playthrough. Most of my final team has/had their niche at one point. For skills everyone has canter because that shit is broken.

Alear + Corrin: Dragon Veins are amazing if you keep her in her base class . Her combat is weak though, but her utility is unmatched. Also she has pretty good mixed bulk, insane HP, and good avoid so she's quite tanky. Overall disappointed compared to other self inserts, but still very useful.

Chloe + Sigurd: Very useful early game. Flight and doubling. Gave her Micaiah for the early game for flying healing and she ended up powerleveling a bit with Great Sacrifice. Went griffin, but regretted is once Ivy and Hortensia joined. Fell off as the game went on as enemy bulk outpaced her offenses. She still contributed with a levin sword once able to go Wyvren.

Diamiant + Ike:  A God during midgame. He was instrumental in holding any choke point as avoid tanking wasn't broken yet. Engaging with Ike for better defenses and Sol made him almost unkillable for a while. Dex becomes a problem later on as he caps at 22, but he can still backup with his tomahawk and Ike stuff.

Alcryst +  Lyn: I expected to drop him once I got Fogado, but Astra + Luna was too funny to pass up. Bows are quite strong with this game with triggering chain attacks and a healthy amount of fliers. He's a good boss killer too with Luna and not alot of bosses having 1-2 range. One or two speed takers let's him double swordmaster. Lyn does a lot of the heavy lifting with her pretty wild kit.

Ivy + Celica: Will almost never double, but her magic is strong enough to 2 shot most physical units. Instantly became my only mage once she joined, as she was decently tanky. Her Dex and Speed are quite lacking late game, but she's a good dance target since her personal let's her clean up her misses or nuke something else. Probably the best user of secret books. Also can use lot  staves in a pinch.

Hortensia + Micaiah: She does Staff stuff which is insane this game. Potentially not spending a use does wonders for me being more liberal with staff. Not much else to say.

Kagetsu + Marth: Broken bases, great growths and instant sealing to whatever class you want makes him your best unit. Once I got Marth back, he became pretty dodge tanky while still being able to take a few hits as a Hero. If he goes Wyvren, it's quite unfair.

Zelkov + Lucina: He was instrumental in holding choke points with fog. No one would target him, but allowed me to slowly chip away at the enemies with 1-2 ranged weapons and canter. Poison is also nice. Yunaka is better offensively, but I enjoy Zelkovs avoid more.

Rosado + Eirika : Inherited speed taker and he was just gross. Competed with Kagero for best unit depending on the map. Lunar Brace increases your damage so much its not funny. Even without, he has great stats and can still contribute with any other ring.

Seadal: Dancer who doesn't die if sneezed on. Like that a lot.

Spoiler

Mauvier + bond ring: Swapped him to bow knight and have him dragonic hex. He smashes armors and hexes with a long bow.

Veyle + Byleth: Goddess dance and rally spectrum. Also tip for Byleth, don't level up the bond beyond level 10 as you don't want to stay engaged, and instead want to get off as many dances as you can.

Pandero was my filler guy and he used staves and hit armors.

So I've beaten the game on Hard/Classic once and I'm doing a second playthrough again but using units I didn't use in my first run before going to Maddening. Currently at chapter 23 of that run.
Best:
- Ivy: Lindwurm gives her so many options to be useful. Heal, move, fly. Rewarp can increase her movement even further. 
- Celine: Surprisingly durable. Vidame giving access to Staves, Tomes and Swords made her pretty flexible.  
- Diamant: All around solid physical unit. 
- Alcyrst: Tieure d'elite gives Luna, which was pretty fun to use with Lyn's Astra Storm. He is also really accurate. 
- Seadal: Can make your best unit perform even better with Special Dance. 
- Framme: She was very useful the entire run in my experience.  
- Goldmary: Disarming Sigh is very useful. It works well with keeping the Brave Assist condition active. 
- Zelkov: He does his job well in Thief. The Covert units getting double avoid from terrain is quite something.

Most Disappointing:
- Alfred: He didn't really perform how I would of liked but when I started using him with the intention of solely having him tank hits, he did quite well.
- Jade: I made her a Wyvern Knight but she still needed a lot of help to stop being doubled and she isn't as accurate as I would like. 

Worst:
- Merrin: She was decent when I got her and doubled nearly every enemy in my first run but late game she started dealing no damage. To be fair on her, I didn't really use/understand forging during my first run. 

Best = Timerra: She joins with really good bases, and her unique skill lowers the crit rate of foes within 3 tiles by 5%. On maddening prior to getting her, pretty much every enemy I faced had a 1-3% chance of critting and ORKO'ing one of my units, with Timerra around, that chance is mostly gone. Since I am softmanning (reload on game over, but no resetting otherwise), I lost PLENTY of units due to unlucky crits, and she pretty much put a stop to that. In addition, because she starts at 18, that is a LOT of free exp on a difficulty setting really stingy on exp otherwise. And enough speed to double a most foes with a silver weapon.

Worst = Alfred: Mediocre bases and growths.

Disappointing = Vander: Probably the weakest Jagen I have seen. Falls off way too fast. With that speed, he is getting doubled by everyone after chapter 6 or so. And with that defense he will be hit just as hard as everyone else.

Interesting = Alear: Alear is a middling combat unit. But when I reclassed them to an archer, I found them to be much better, allowing me to utilize their skill much better.

Pleasant Surprise = Jean: Easily the best Investment unit since Ross from Sacred Stones. Giving him healing utility means you don't have to set enemies up to train him. He also doesnt put himself in danger as much either. Better yet, his default weapon and decent speed growth means he will take advantage of Alear's Damage Aura really well (+12 damage). Making him the go-to solution for any mages I encounter.

Edited by Maroxad

I played hard/classic.

Best: Lyn. Yeah, basically anyone I gave the Lyn ring to was my single best unit. Ivy at first and then Etie later. If I were to pick an individual unit, it would be Etie. Mine must have gotten pretty stat-blessed because she always did well for me, even before I gave her Lyn, despite that everyone seems to think she's bad. She could take out one of the final boss's entire health bars in one round. If I needed something dead I sent her in. She also had my highest kill count in the end.

Worst: Celine. Out of everyone I tried using she's the one who just never did much. I ended up dropping her for Pandreo. The worst who was an active part of my team until the final chapter was Chloe, who really fell behind in Str.

Most disappointing: Diamant. I used him for a while but he just got crap level after crap level. When I got Saphir she was 3 levels lower than him and winning or tying every stat except Def where Diamant was +4 (but I had used a Dracoshield on him so it was more like +2). I benched him soon after.

Best: Diamant. He was pretty much never in danger of dying and he was effective for pretty much the entire time after getting him.

Most surprising: Yunaka. I was not expecting her to be as good as she was. If not for Diamant and one or two others, she would have been my best unit.

Worst: Framme. I generally don't drop early game healers, but Framme dropped off SO hard. Her drop was almost immediate.

Most disappointing: Timerra. I was really hoping and expecting her to be a lot better than she was, but she wasn't getting good level-ups and her performance was just mediocre across the board.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:52 AM, DaveCozy said:

Ok. What is up with Kagetsu though.

on my first maddening run, I made him a Wyvern and he was my best unit overall. I gave him Lucina for even more speed and dex. Plus having the 100% bonded shield on my other fliers was really nice to bait in low res targets for kills. It also allowed me to have a flyer that uses a bow and canter which was a plus(assuming you learn canter)

Shout out to Fogado with his three Spirit Dust, Sacred Engraved +2 Radiant Bow nuking everything. Byleth Emblem for the +10 Dex, something I found rather important for Maddening endgame. Momentum and Canter were priceless. Diamant with Ike +4 Speed and Vantage++ made for a terrifyingly selfsustaining monster. The Fire Engraved +4 Caladbolg is perfect when he isn't Engaged.

Worst Unit? Jade, I guess. She lasted all of two chapters before biting it. Framme is worse, but was used as excellent bait early on, giving her very high value, I'd argue. Worst of those I used? Zelkov. He was simply there as a Lucina paired poisoning bot. But I never did stack up much poison and actually found the chip damage he provided to me the most useful, nabbing me many ORKOs.

Alear is terrible unless you pair them with Corrin. Even at endgame, with all the bells and whistles, they just didn't have the stats to do much. I neglected them for too long, and what I was left with was a great utility character, but little else. And yet, I think back on some of the hardest maps and how their ability to use all the terrains was absolutely vital to my success. I think fire was used most often, but water was probably the most valuable, making a very hard to hit Veyle something I could reliably hit. So it's hard to say. I'm disappointed they have no flexibility in my game, but they're so perfect at that niche that I can't say they were bad. Farr from it. 

Edited by Xylaugheon Daily

At Chapter 17: Alcryst has begun to fall off pretty badly - I get the felling he´s supposed to crit and procc Luna left and right but a good unit such chances does not make. Timerra is also pretty disappointing. Low build gets her doubled, defensive stats not high enough to work as a tank and her STR is also nothing to write home about. 

Ivy remains my best unit, though that might be more thanks to Lyn. Other than that, Wyvern Alear, with a Liberation +5 has put in serious work.  

On 2/6/2023 at 10:03 PM, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Worst: Framme. I generally don't drop early game healers, but Framme dropped off SO hard. Her drop was almost immediate.

How was her twin? Because I find working with him a tough sell when Celine and Citrinne come in before too long.

Edited by Shadow Mir

I've just finished two playthroughs, my first on Hard and my second on Maddening.

Best (1st Playthrough):

1.) Chloe - I always have a soft spot for fliers in FE, and Chloe didn't disappoint.  She was basically carrying the team during the mid-game.  Fell off a bit late-game, but she did her part.

2.) Goldmary - I had trained Lapis up since her join chapter, but Goldmary was already stronger in every meaningful way on joining.  Goldmary's first 5 level ups were all near-perfect level-ups, cementing her spot in my team.  She absolutely annihilated the late-game threats for me.

3.) Panette - One-shots are fun.

4.) Alcryst - His growths surprised me, and he procs Luna more often than I initially thought he would.  Paired with Byleth, he was an excellent back-line support.

Worst (1st Playthrough):

1.) Clanne - I fed him kills for the first 10 chapters only for Ivy to join in Chapter 11 and outclass him completely.  He couldn't even keep up with Celine, and she was only mediocre on my first playthrough.

2.) Etie - She seemed okay when she joined, but by Chapter 8 half the enemies could one-round her.  Her speed and defense are just too low.

Disappointing (1st Playthrough):

1.) Diamant - When I saw his bases I thought 'oh yeah, he's for sure on my main team.'  His first six level-ups were all abysmal.  RNG definitely screwed me with Diamant on my first run.

2.) Alfred - I tried using him, but he was getting doubled by everything.  On Chapter 11 I messed up my positioning and the Sigurd knight one-shot him, and I couldn't be bothered to restart.

Best (2nd Playthrough):

1.) Diamant - Complete opposite of my first run.  His first six level-ups were all amazing and he became a juggernaut.  Paired with Ike, he was nearly unkillable.

2.) Alfred - I learned from my mistakes on my first run and instead embraced his slow nature.  I early promoted him and then re-classed to Great Knight.  He and Diamant made a powerful front line force.

3.) Panette - One-shots are still fun.

Worst (2nd Playthrough):

1.) Alear - He had 6 defense at level 20.  6 defense.  Level 20.  Completely RNG screwed.

2.) Clanne - I thought 2 stats was the minimum on level-up in Engage.  Clanne this playthrough taught me that was not the case.  Twice in a row, in fact.

Disappointing (2nd Playthrough):

1.) Boucheron - I thought I'd give him a shot after benching him early my first playthrough.  After six chapters, I came to the conclusion that my decision to bench him early my first playthrough was a good call.

2.) Jade - I figured I'd give Jade a shot since I didn't want to use Louis two runs in a row.  It quickly became apparent that Jade is just a worse Louis, with her only redeeming quality being her slightly better Resistance.

Edited by Tombstone88

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

How was her twin? Because I find working with him a tough sell when Celine and Citrinne come in before too long.

Honestly Clanne kinda sucks. Céline has better offense than him and has just slightly less speed in exchange meanwhile Clanne has the speed but does no damage (thanks to his 10% personal growth in magic in a game where growths are probably more important due to unlimited levelling). I did persevere and once he promoed and got Eirika, he significantly improved since Ephraim gave him +3/5 damage and he always doubled so plus +6/10 realistically and he could make use of his decent strength growth with swords as Mage Knight. Outside of me wanting to use him, reclassing him to a sword user asap or benching him are really the only viable option imo. I do feel like he'd work well with fixed growths if he was in a str oriented class but that requires resources better used elsewhere.

Honestly tho, I do find the magic users in this game middling. Outside of Ivy (who in fairness I had paired with Lyn and she makes everyone OP), I found Céline to be a bit mediocre and while I haven't used Citrinne, she's paper thin (tho Olwen's ring would probably help her). It's bad how a reclasses Anna is probably the best early game mage.

10 minutes ago, Azz said:

Honestly tho, I do find the magic users in this game middling. Outside of Ivy (who in fairness I had paired with Lyn and she makes everyone OP), I found Céline to be a bit mediocre and while I haven't used Citrinne, she's paper thin (tho Olwen's ring would probably help her). It's bad how a reclasses Anna is probably the best early game mage.

You want some advice?

Put some Lindon in your life.

Toward the end of my first playthrough, which was Maddening so fixed growths mostly means that this was from my own emblem and stat booster choices. 

Best:

Yunaka - The MVP of my run who gained a commanding level lead in Tiki's Paralogue which carried her to dominance since. She's the only true juggernaut I have, even if her damage output has been falling off since chapter 18. If I ever get the sp to give her Lunar Brace, she'll go back to clear top. 

Jade - By reclassing to wyvern and grabbing Ike, she's my second main tank + killer who will have 4-6 rounds of neigh invincibility while she Silver Greataxe smash's most things to death. Desperately needs to inherit Pairup, but there's not enough SP to go around. 

Worst:

Etie - I really tried to invest in her because I liked her schtick, but she's just too squishy and got benched. 

Jean - I know he could be good. I tried to do him and Anna at the same time and it didn't work out. Plus, Ivy and Hortencia took over staffing.

Disappointing:

Diamant - He's not bad, I just wish he was better. He's so close to being able to enemy phase, but is just a little too squishy and it keeps getting him killed because I look at his stats and think he can take 2-3 hits. Instead he and Anna are my two player phase nukes.

Goldmary - She's still on the team, and actually holding Sigurd, purely for long range Lucina inherit double support attacks. Her damage and bulk are just slightly too low otherwise to see real combat. That extra 10 damage on every other unit's attacks mean that she will be deployed for now though.

Edited by Graveless

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

You want some advice?

Put some Lindon in your life.

Oh yeah I do want to try use him at some point. I imagine his personal skill with a Corrin engraved Thunder tome with Olwen's ring works quite well.

17 minutes ago, Azz said:

Oh yeah I do want to try use him at some point. I imagine his personal skill with a Corrin engraved Thunder tome with Olwen's ring works quite well.

I got him an Elfire+2 with a Byleth engravement, which is far, far from the best set-up. He was pushing 50-60% critrates on virtually everything before I even remembered skill inheritance is a thing and I could give him Wrath.

Easiest 100% crit of my life. Funniest mage in the game. Also helps he's the only character that gets to be a sage without the horrible generic sage design

14 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Eh. Clanne was perfectly fine for the first few chapters, nothing great but okay enough. But he, too, fell off pretty hard after those first few chapters, and he especially dropped when Ivy showed up.

Not finished just yet, but far enough that I have a good feel on who's who (Ch. 18). Kind of reminds me of RD, because like the dawn brigade, most of the early units are mediocre or outright bad. 

Best: Yunaka (Thief) - Using her sparingly to not break the game. Dragon Vein is ridiculous on her.

Anna (Warrior) - Magic weapons let her delete enemies

Celine - Glass cannon, but can tank a few hits and has good speed. Healing means she's always gaining exp. She's my MVP most maps.

Ivy - Similar to Celine, but with more movement.

Disappointing: Chloe - usually love pegassuses, but she's a limp noodle and a stiff breeze will kill her. She can't even pick off mages

Fogado - Not sure what I did wrong, but he's almost as useless as chloe. Stuggles to even take out fliers.

Currently at chapter 23 in my Maddening/Classic run (second overall run after Hard/Classic), tried to change my comp a bit.

Best

Jade (GK!Ike) - She's insane, insta-promoted her after her recruit chapter, never looked back at Louis. Her higher Res makes her safer at holding groups of enemies with magic weapon shuffled into them (which are common in late game), and her Mag actually scales well enough to allow her to keep one-shotting Wyvern Riders with the Hurricane Axe throughout the run. Her weapon of choice is still a crit enchanted Killing Axe, for a juicy 85+ crit chance after losing a bit of health.

Fogado (Cupido!Eirika) - I wasn't too sure about him after recruiting, but after a few level ups, his 75% speed growth actually makes him double reliably with the Radiant Bow. Great player phase unit, his passive and class skills aren't that great, but his class give him great growths in speed and mag, so I haven't changed it, but now that he reached the cap, maybe I'll do to gain a better skill. I gave him Lyn's bow accuracy skill to patch his shaky hit rate, and that's pretty much it.

Yunaka (Thief!Corrin) - I already used her in my first run, but there's no way I'm dropping her. She's hands down the best unit in the game. She capped her Res, sadly.

Okay-ish

Timerra (Picket!Leif) - She actually was really good in her recruit chapter, able to choke point the wyverns really well. She's decent when she procs her skill alongside a crit, but when she doesn't, her damage is really lackluster. I gave her a forged Ridersbane alongside a forged Killer Lance to do pretty nice damage into Wolf Riders and other cavalry (outside of Great Knights, they have too much defense), but she's just okay. I did gave her Celica's Holy Stance++ skill, which actually patches her damage nicely, since her defenses are enough to not get one-rounded, but she still takes enough damage for that skill to matter. I wished I didn't bought Ike's Resolve, and saved points for Wrath...

Hortensia (Sleipnir!Byleth) - While her mag is lowish and she can't use A tomes, she has insane speed to always double. Byleth gives her Divine Pulse+ for staff accuracy, as well as the Luin lance that scales on speed for killing mages reliably. She has the movement for dancing and rallying for extra res, which is always useful. She replaced Chloe as small magic damage is more useful than doing 0x2.

Citrinne (Sage!Celica) - Even with magic boosters, she's always short in damage since she can't double anything. She still can do a lot with Thoron, and maybe the S tome will patch her damage once I get it. She has the luck stat to exploit Byleth's Divine Pulse+ skill for balancing Thoron's bad accuracy and offensive staff usage, so at least her damage and utility is reliable.

Alear (Hero!herself) - I just swapped her to Hero after she capped her class, since I'm removing Lucina from her, and keeping her gage for her own Fusion+. Lucina has been a reliable emblem on her for most post-11 shenanigans. 90% shield is reliable, and gave her exp each time she blocked an attack, and Dual Support paired with her high support meant it was extremely safe to just pull entire rooms with a tight formation with her in the middle (and units with enough speed to avoid being doubled), since she had enough avoid for enemies to ignore her and try to hit her protected allies. Now she has enough exp and stats to use her own fusion for the sheer strength and utility of it. Hero gives me an extra backup unit.

Disappointing

Alcryst (Tireur!Lyn) - The other unit outside of Yunaka I kept from my Hard/Classic run, and... oh boy... I don't know if it's my own mistake of switching to a forged Brave Bow as his main weapon, the overall higher defense of the enemies, his lower str compared to my previous run, or a combination of everything, but he's just not doing it in the end game. He was absolutely insane for most of the early to mid game, but he's just not cut for the end game unless he procs Luna for each arrow (and even with 45+ dex, it's not reliable enough). Enemies have way too much def, and he can't double the frailer ones unless I've stacked Lyn's speed boosts already. Still, 20 range Astra is never a bad thing, so he can always snipe enemy staff users from the other end of the map, or pull bosses.

Lapis (Hero!Roy) - She's starting to catch-up, but the amount of babying she needs is just too much for the okay-ish end result. She needs either Roy's fusion or Alear's fusion to be a reliable front laner. She still has backup utility, but any backup unit you recruit after her would have just been better. Maybe I'm too stubborn when I want to use someone...

Not units but I think both killer weapons and Brave weapons alike are pretty disappointing this time around. Killer Weapons without achieving a crit do shit damage and frequently aren't worth taking the risk. Brave Weapons meanwhile seem to have poor accuracy. In previous games they were among the more useful weapons but here I find them more a hindrance than a help. 

Edited by Etrurian emperor

35 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Not units but I think both killer weapons and Brave weapons alike are pretty disappointing this time around. Killer Weapons without achieving a crit do shit damage and frequently aren't worth taking the risk. Brave Weapons meanwhile seem to have poor accuracy. In previous games they were among the more useful weapons but here I find them more a hindrance than a help. 

Speaking of weapons, I think effective weapons that aren't engage weapons suck. Look at Sigurd's Ridersbane vs the normal Ridersbane. The normal one is much heavier, for whatever reason, and to add insult to injury, it's weaker. On Killer Weapons in this game, I dunno. They're better here than in Fates, where non-critical attacks with killer weapons did crap damage.

Edited by Shadow Mir

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Don't know about Braves, but Killer Sword on Kagetsu has been my bread and butter on maddening. I don't think I even needed to put a seal on it.