Best skills to Inherit?

ssbmfiji

From what I understand, Sigurd's Canter is a generally useful skill to have on anyone. Getting to adjust your position post attack means you can do stuff like move to a defense tile or step aside to let another unit land a killing blow.

If you have the DLC, Edelgard's Lineage and Tiki's Starsphere increase EXP and improve your level up gains if you are going to be grinding/max stats. 

You can stack skills granting a stat; two avoid increasing skills on a high avoid character can get nuts, for example. 

Skills like Canter, Dual Strike, Vantage+, and Reposition increase your options and can change your tactics. 

42 minutes ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

If you have the DLC, Edelgard's Lineage and Tiki's Starsphere increase EXP and improve your level up gains if you are going to be grinding/max stats. 

You can stack skills granting a stat; two avoid increasing skills on a high avoid character can get nuts, for example. 

Skills like Canter, Dual Strike, Vantage+, and Reposition increase your options and can change your tactics. 

How would you max stats completely? if that’s what you meant.

reclassing repeatedly? And thank you! 

Lineage (Edelgard) is a great universal pickup if you have the dlc. For a mere 150sp, you can basically outlevel the content without grinding. Tiki's Star Sphere is paradoxically expensive for something you would want to get early, but 15% across the board growths is strong. Canter (Sigurd) and Reposition (Ike) are also good on everyone for opening up strategies. 

Beyond that, some specific recommendations:

Speedtaker turns already fast units into even better dodge tanks and ensures they'll double faster enemies.

If you're planning on using smashing weapons, Perceptive (Marth) can take much of the risk out of them, especially on fast units.

Vantage (Leif) - for frontline units in general, but especially Diamant, who can heal off those attacks.

Quality Time (Corrin) - optimal on Seadall, for extra support when he dances. Also really good on Alear, who for spoiler reasons wants to max out those supports for a strong gameplay benefit. Later on, this can be replaced with Dual Support (Lucina).

Pair Up (Corrin) for frontline units, and especially hard tanks like Louis.

Dual Assist (Lucina) for backup units, and especially Heroes.

Healing Light (Micaiah) for Qi Adepts. Lets them heal their own damage taken through Chain Guarding so they can do it again.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

40 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

For you front lines or bait units Pair Up is great nullify chain attacks.

I find it especially useful on a unit who have Ike ring. If you use Aether, your def and res go up, meaning a lot of foe can't damage you. But you're still really vulnerable to chain attacks (I was caught off guard a lot by this). With pair up, it should be ok.

For tanky unit, or just high HP ones, I think Resolve is great. Wrath is good too, especially if your unit have good chance of crit (like Berserker). Hold out for frontliners also, maybe even with Unyielding.

Speedtaker is just too good on unit who are middly slow. In just a couple of kills, if you set them up a bit, they can double every enemy. If they have high strength, they become unstoppable. Alacrity is good too, but since you have only two slot for skills, you may prefer Speedtaker for slow units, and maybe keep alacrity for really fast ones (or else, Speedtaker + Alacrity. But you can't have any other skill).

Perceptive always good. Momentum also, on high movement units.

4 hours ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

I agree with you on Starsphere, its a must have if you're grinding, but paragon skills I've always found overrated. Outside of Path of Radiance (which gave the ridiculous double exp and double weapon exp), a mere 20% increase in exp just isn't a lot.

2 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

I agree with you on Starsphere, its a must have if you're grinding, but paragon skills I've always found overrated. Outside of Path of Radiance (which gave the ridiculous double exp and double weapon exp), a mere 20% increase in exp just isn't a lot.

It may not be much, but when it comes to exp, I feel every bit helps. On Maddening mode where it's harder to grind, 20% more exp for nearly the entire game (if you get it early) stacks up. If you have a normal file and trying to reclass over and over to max stats, it speeds things up. It may not be as broken as in PoR, but as it's the only exp up skill we have here, I feel it's at least worth considering. 

1 minute ago, bookwormbabe29 said:

It may not be much, but when it comes to exp, I feel every bit helps. On Maddening mode where it's harder to grind, 20% more exp for nearly the entire game (if you get it early) stacks up. If you have a normal file and trying to reclass over and over to max stats, it speeds things up. It may not be as broken as in PoR, but as it's the only exp up skill we have here, I feel it's at least worth considering. 

The other plus side to Lineage is that it's basically free.  150 SP is a pittance.  This game poops bond fragments at you so getting everyone to bond 5 with Edelgard in the arena and then immediately putting Lineage on them the very first chapter you get Edelgard / recruit a new unit is just bonus XP for them at a very low cost.  And yeah, with the XP nerf on maddening, every little bit helps.

6 hours ago, ssbmfiji said:

How would you max stats completely? if that’s what you meant.

reclassing repeatedly? And thank you! 

Heh, quoted twice in one topic. Look at me moving up in the world lol.

(cough) Yes, you could - in theory - continue to reclass over and over until you gained max stats. This does require you to find ways to get the exp to do so, however, and that can be easier said than done, especially in maddening. Ironically, maxing stats is easier on normal, where the higher stats are overkill. 

(and I was just quoted a third time while typing this?! Clearly this is my maddening mode lol)

Canter on range is a near must have. Getting them to move in and out of distance is great. Dagger units especially are very good with this. Yunaka doubled her life span on my main roster due to canter, as did etie.

Alacrity + speed taker is probably better on high crit or strength builds rather than dodge tanks

Life sphere early is high underrated. Having an ability to heal or remove status is actually pretty nice. I love it on loius especially as it makes his survivability very high.