Best Classes for each character?

DefyingFates

1 hour ago, Scaramuccia said:

Strongly disagree on hard - 2 thieves avoidance tanks trivialized many maps for me(story and skirmishes alike) - it is cool when you could hold one part of the map with OP unit it is completely broken when you could hold 2 parts of the map with 2 OP units. I know that it isn't a viable strategy on maddening as enemies will ignore your units if they can't hit them, but on hard it feels like autowin button.

I find that by the late game their middling dps inst enough. When your handling 3 plus double Health bar bosses and a long range magic nukenin the formnof wyrms, I need a little more dps. Also their best asset, the fog produced by corrin, can only stay on one side

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone made Anna a Sage? I have, but I haven't tried it out yet. I'm considering using another Second Seal to make her a High Priest (for money farming) or a Mage Knight if either of those are better for the game.

54 minutes ago, PrincessAlyson said:

Has anyone made Anna a Sage? I have, but I haven't tried it out yet. I'm considering using another Second Seal to make her a High Priest (for money farming) or a Mage Knight if either of those are better for the game.

I was tempted to do that for the high Mag potential, but I decided to make her a Monk instead of a Mage to end up as a High Priest. So... the opposite thought process of yours despite heading in the same direction if you keep her as a High Priest. Sage!Anna does seem to be the best choice if you want her to be a nuke.

Mage Knight could be a compromise for authenticity's sake since she's canonically skilled with Axes (and you get to use Noatun with her), so there's that too 😛

Spoiler late game unit:

Spoiler

Mauvier is quite good as a Sage. He is already busted as is, but he is especially gifted with magic. He's kinda wasted as a Royal Knight only having access to the Flame Lance for magic damage. It also helps he's nice to look at hehe

9 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I thought about doing this. I ended up leaving her a warrior using radiant bow and some other things. She with Sigurd and chain assist+ makes it so she is always chain assisting from all over. 
That being said, on my 2nd maddening play through, since the growth rate RNG option will be unlocked, I am going to make her a sage for sure. 

9 hours ago, Azz said:

Spoiler late game unit:

Reveal hidden contents

Mauvier is quite good as a Sage. He is already busted as is, but he is especially gifted with magic. He's kinda wasted as a Royal Knight only having access to the Flame Lance for magic damage. It also helps he's nice to look at hehe

Spoiler

Mauvier's another unit that I'm having a lot of trouble in getting to work for me. How did you get him to work as a Royal Knight, and how did you build him to be a Sage? And is he really that much better as the latter? My Mauvier's close to Level 20 so I'm open to experimenting with him soon.

Thank you for the advice, Azz!

Speaking of warriors, is that Etie's best class and if so, which weapon is best for her other than bows?

Also, who's a better armored unit, Louis, Jade or someone else entirely?

Thank you in advance, everyone!

Edited by DefyingFates

14 hours ago, PrincessAlyson said:

I did. Maybe not as fast or good as I wanted to. For a moment, the time I find a second seals, and that I manage to get the good prof (she was locked some times in Mage post chapter 11, because lack of staff use). For now, she's doing pretty good, I would say. She's nearly as powerful as my two other magic (Citrinne and Ivy), but she suffers a bit more from her low build (Citrinne also have a low build, but maybe 1 or 2 point more). I think she could have more build with warrior, or mage knight. But I don't know if I want to change her now (chapter 20).

56 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Mauvier's another unit that I'm having a lot of trouble in getting to work for me. How did you get him to work as a Royal Knight, and how did you build him to be a Sage? And is he really that much better as the latter? My Mauvier's close to Level 20 so I'm open to experimenting with him soon.

Thank you for the advice, Azz!

Speaking of warriors, is that Etie's best class and if so, which weapon is best for her other than bows?

Etie is really a beast in warrior. I used to have her as a sniper and she was doing a lot of damages already. Now, as a warrior, she have chain attack to help everyone, access to axe and a good build. Even a silver bow doesn't hinder her too much now! She's really strong!

I gave her an axe (maybe Noatun) but clearly I use her only for the bows. She's killing everything with a Silver bow and a Long bow+3. I don't think axe would be better for her (maybe in terms of raw damages, but bows give her range and keep her nice speed to double everything). 

20 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

I gave her an axe (maybe Noatun) but clearly I use her only for the bows. She's killing everything with a Silver bow and a Long bow+3. I don't think axe would be better for her (maybe in terms of raw damages, but bows give her range and keep her nice speed to double everything).

So the other weapon she gets as a Warrior doesn't mean anything, she's just going to be using a bow? I think she already has an Axe proficiency so that'll make things simple. On the hand the only sword unit I have at the moment is Alear (Diamant uses mostly axes). Hmm...

To be honest the weapon coverage is why I asked about Louis and Jade. I see now that Louis has better Str and Def growths: does that make him the better armored unit? I benched Panette at first, but am considered training her up once I get High Priest Anna up and running so I can have someone using S Rank Axes, if that means anything.

Thank you very much, Hiroki!

11 hours ago, Azz said:

Spoiler late game unit:

Hide contents

Spoiler

I made him a Wolf Knight. Thought it was appropriate. Probably not the best fit for him, but the flame lance is really all he needs for magic, and daggers on a tank of his caliber makes for a really fun debuffer that you can just throw anywhere to dish out some poison.

1 hour ago, DefyingFates said:

I second this. I made her a warrior, gave her Lyn and she's been my best boss killer by a long-shot. She works through those revival stones like they are made of cardboard. I don't have her use axes that much, mostly just for the occasional sniper, but it's a nice thing to have on the side.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

10 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

So the other weapon she gets as a Warrior doesn't mean anything, she's just going to be using a bow? I think she already has an Axe proficiency so that'll make things simple. On the hand the only sword unit I have at the moment is Alear (Diamant uses mostly axes). Hmm...

To be honest the weapon coverage is why I asked about Louis and Jade. I see now that Louis has better Str and Def growths: does that make him the better armored unit? I benched Panette at first, but am considered training her up once I get High Priest Anna up and running so I can have someone using S Rank Axes, if that means anything.

Thank you very much, Hiroki!

Hum, okay, I get your question now. Etie has good strenght, and mine has enough dex and speed. Not so much defense, so you don't want to put too much in frontlines, low resistance, so keep an eye on mages. The problem would be her low build. As a warrior, mine is at 10 build, which let her use nearly all bows with no penalty. I think only Noatun is good in axes, for her. For swords or lances, she need reclassing, and losing a bit of build. After that, I think most of the high tier lances are too heavy for her, and effective sword also (like armoslayer).

But, she could work in other class, I guess. It's just that I found bows to be too powerful here to change a bow user to something else.

I think Louis is a better armored ones than Jade. I changed my Jade actually, because I had the feeling she would fall a bit in armor. Now she's a hallebardier, nicely useful on the battlefield. One major source of damages when I have to bench my usual dps (Diamant) to train other units.

Panette is really strong, she made me bench Boucheron. She has enough build to wield many axes, good dex. Maybe a bit low on speed, but her skill is nice (+10 crit is not full HP). But...on the other side, S rank axes are really heavy! Her speed would be affected and make her even more slower.

49 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

Panette is really strong, she made me bench Boucheron. She has enough build to wield many axes, good dex. Maybe a bit low on speed, but her skill is nice (+10 crit is not full HP). But...on the other side, S rank axes are really heavy! Her speed would be affected and make her even more slower.

Berserker is just a terrible class here. Loses to Warrior on nearly everything, her good dex is gimped by being a berserker. What’s good about a nat 40% growth in Dex when it caps super low? Spd is awful to nat 25% plus a berserker’s 10% with a base 13 and a cap of 20. 

37 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Berserker is just a terrible class here. Loses to Warrior on nearly everything, her good dex is gimped by being a berserker. What’s good about a nat 40% growth in Dex when it caps super low? Spd is awful to nat 25% plus a berserker’s 10% with a base 13 and a cap of 20. 

You're right. It's a tough decision, because it's easy to end up with an army of Warrior. I wanted to keep Panette as a Berserker to have access to those S rank axes, but I fear they're not that great, plus being so heavy she would loose little speed she has.

13 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

You're right. It's a tough decision, because it's easy to end up with an army of Warrior. I wanted to keep Panette as a Berserker to have access to those S rank axes, but I fear they're not that great, plus being so heavy she would loose little speed she has.

I don’t know, I feel like Jade might be the best one for them and only if you keep her a general.

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

I don’t know, I feel like Jade might be the best one for them and only if you keep her a general.

Which I didn't, lol. I straight changed her into lance fighter line, to have a Hallebardier. She's kind of okay as one, I guess (maybe a bit of favoritism since I really want to play her) and I like her class skill. But... in term of lance users, I think Timerra is doing better. Better defense, speed, around the same build.

Right now, I'm wondering to turn her back into General, or Saphir into a General. Or no one, give up a bit S rank axes (as I already gave up S rank Bow) and keep all those backup units. Sure the high defense of General is nice, but the unbreakable isn't of much use I guess. My units really don't get broken often, as I plan carefully. And even if they did, I'm not relying too much on the enemy phase to do damages.

14 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

Right now, I'm wondering to turn her back into General, or Saphir into a General. Or no one, give up a bit S rank axes (as I already gave up S rank Bow) and keep all those backup units. Sure the high defense of General is nice, but the unbreakable isn't of much use I guess. My units really don't get broken often, as I plan carefully. And even if they did, I'm not relying too much on the enemy phase to do damages.

Panette’s biggest issue is her preference for Daggars. She really should have been Axes. Sadly Wolf Knight is it for that and then she would be losing out on her Str and stepping on Merrin’s toes.

10 minutes ago, ciphertul said:

Panette’s biggest issue is her preference for Daggars. She really should have been Axes. Sadly Wolf Knight is it for that and then she would be losing out on her Str and stepping on Merrin’s toes.

Those innate proficiencies aren't typically a big deal since they can't bring a class from A to S in a weapon. They can occassionally help by bringing a class from B to A (like High Priest tomes for Citrinne).

If she lacks an axe bonus, that unfortunately just means that she doesn't make a good Hero and makes a middling Wyvern Rider. But her potential as a Berserker or Warrior is unaffected.

That said, Panette is likely best with a Killer weapon, and that's only C rank.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

4 minutes ago, Vicyus said:

So what's the concensus on clanne. I'm stuck between mage knight or swordmaster for the Boi but I'm wondering if someone found something even better for the Boi 

May I ask why you want to go the physical route with him? I just noticed he has a good Str growth, now that you mention it...

4 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

May I ask why you want to go the physical route with him? I just noticed he has a good Str growth, now that you mention it...

That's exactly why. A lot of early speculation was that clanne would do far better in a physical class while having a magic weapon for coverage. He's got decent bulk with great speed and dex. He also comes with sword profficency if I remember; and if not celica gives it early enough to make it worth. Thus making swordmaster accessible with no real sacrifices and limited to no competition. Kagetsu overall is better on a wyvern (they only lose one point of max dex while maintaining better overall stats and kagetsus 50 dex rate almost always guarantees a dex per level.) Diamant and alear are better in their unique (or griffon rider for alear) and lapis is really the only competitive overlap. On the mage side, theirs way more overlap that makes his unique capabilities lesser. Need a crit focused caster that has chances to double. Hortessia naturally and Anna optimally do it better. Need a nuke to one shot. Citrinne, Lindon are right there. Need a mage not made of thin paper. Ivy, Jean, pandreo all suffice. Clanne in magic gets the job done but competes with everyone else. He only clears celine in overall, except her unique class has staff options and if that's not good enough; martial master celine is something people are theorycrafting now.

19 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Also, who's a better armored unit, Louis, Jade or someone else entirely?

Technically, Goldmary has the highest def growth in the game. But you get her about mid point. Louis is really great overall, and has S rank polearms. (which will be clutch much later on when you get the item)   

I personally used Jade though. I have the S rank Axe from investing in Solm to max. And I just like her, so I am biased. She has more res growth, but on maddening it won't matter. The mages will kill her regardless. 

On 1/30/2023 at 6:50 AM, PrincessAlyson said:

Hard mode player here, just beat Chapter 15. I made Anna a Sage and I’m pretty happy with how she’s turned out. Her magic is higher than all my other mages atm and her speed is second only to Clanne (the other mages I’m using are Pandreo and Ivy).

tbh I still haven’t seen her personal proc, not even once. No idea if Mage Knight would be better but I think I prefer her having staff access.