Post-Game and the lack of it (Spoiler Warning)

EliWitch

Just like Awakening, we do not have a New Game+ this time. We get a reward for game completion if we return to the file where we defeated the final boss, but otherwise there isn’t much for now.
I think the only thing that can be considered post-game content is doing more Trials over and over. But what’s really the point of improving engage weapons if you already beat the game?

7 minutes ago, MiaMain said:

I would think they have to bring in some sort of new game plus mode. Forging the rings is basically a waste of time if you can't carry over to new games. 

Watch how that update will probably happen an few weeks, from now. Remember how long it took for 3H to come out with Maddening mode?

1 minute ago, MiaMain said:

I would think they have to bring in some sort of new game plus mode. Forging the rings is basically a waste of time if you can't carry over to new games. 

I don't think so. There's some good skills to be had by some of the S class rings. It's just a pain to get them cause its random. 

But the lack of any new game plus is troubling. Enjoying the game so far but it seems like it's pretty hard to get decent amounts of gold or attribute spheres or whatever they are called in a reasonable amount of time. Not sure trials and skirmishes will hold my interest and I'd just assume start a new playthrough instead. 

So far while the main game is quite tight a lot of the side stuff feels extremely grindy. Like it's gonna take an hour to go through the trials to get a few crystals to upgrade the engage weapons. Why bother when I can just forge normal weapons? 

I did find if you just turn down the trial difficulty to 1 you can just auto battle skip it to the end to get the rewards. And it's much faster than actually playing it on the higher difficulties for more rewards. Now it's not fun at all but that's basically how to grind it. 

You could potentially autoskip through a trial, go use the arena to get free exp. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum. But why bother since it's not much fun. 

I think most of my "post game content" is going to be various challenge runs on a fresh save. Trial tower multiplayer intrigues me somewhat but seems rather boring tbh without any kind of real PVP. 

Skirmishes and whatever the non-internet trial is just seem like boring free for all blitz maps for the most part. 

On 1/29/2023 at 4:01 PM, EliWitch said:

Just like Awakening, we do not have a New Game+ this time. We get a reward for game completion if we return to the file where we defeated the final boss, but otherwise there isn’t much for now.

I think the only thing that can be considered post-game content is doing more Trials over and over. But what’s really the point of improving engage weapons if you already beat the game?

I'm guessing the Outrealm Trials where you fight other players defense teams is the "post-game" right now, and inevitably what they probably want us to grind for to create the best or most annoying possible teams.

A bit disappointing, but that's the only thing that makes sense to me. Maybe like Awakening they'll keep adding more Trial maps, Xenologue style ones, as DLC.

I haven't done the Trials yet myself, planning to beat the game without using the tower at all; so I'm looking forward to trying them out as my post-game.

Edited by DaveCozy

My biggest problem with the lack of a post game is that in order to play what they consider post-game you have to buy a nintendo subscription or you're out of luck for over 2/3rds of it. Honestly I don't like part of the game being locked behind a piss poor excuse for an online service.

In Three Houses I believe we got New Game + also few months later after release, so I kinda hope that's gonna be the case here as well. I guess right now they hope to alure people with tower of trials, but thus far I have not touched that feature really.

I really hope a NG+ is coming since its a pain to grind low level units ... i find weird that NG+ is not a thing from the start i mean whats the point of so many things in the game if not to facilitate a NG+ run ( extra rings, boosting emblem weapons, supports with unused characters , even the "S" rank , the inherit skill system that is a pain to grind) i don't know I'm liking the game play quite a lot seems like a wasted opportunity not to have it anyway have a good day everyone