So what are odd Class, Character, and Ring Options that worked well for you?

BloodRonin

I gave Diamont Erika. He does monster damage And has the option to heal without SOL as well. This combined with Hold out from Roy ring, and he literally never dies. (on maddening)

But honestly, it was Radiant Bow warrior Anna with Sigurd. She has incredible range. With The Assist+ skill(and honestly can choose whatever you want for your second) she is a monster. Her magic stat makes the magic bow do some great damage, but she also has all the str too for melee. And because of her massive range with Sigurd, she is always chain assisting from all over. It really grew on me and was something I did by accident when not paying attention to what emblem she had on. Though in my next playthrough I want to try her as sage. 

Louis and Sigurd act one was a beast. Insane movement armor Knight with Kanto. 

Yunaka and Micah surprisingly also worked out pretty well as a way to gain loads of levels healing so that after she lost the staff I still kept her around as a damage unit. Afterwards with Lyn because I felt like it. It's pretty fun to spam the clones. And the killer bow is nice for the occasional flyer. 

Surprisingly working kinda well is Ike+Anna. Wasn't expecting much but the defense and axe accuracy increase really helped out and now can comfortably send her in charge great Aeather and heal/kill at the start of the player phase. 

I made Boucheron a mage for laughs. Fully expected him to be difficult to make work, but he got a ton of speed and just enough magic that he can deal some mean damage. As an axe mage knight, he also gets to choose the best type of damage for any situation. Then I gave him Miccy and now he's got utility for days. Quite the pleasant surprise.

not sure if this is considered as odd, but i really wanted to use Lapis, then immediately after, the game gave me access to Diamant, so in order to make them do different things, i reclassed Lapis into a Pegasus Knight and then Sword-Axe Wyvern Knight, with Ike's emblem

now she's one of my strongest units, even Diamant would fear fighting her

also, i didn't expect this at all, but my Warrior Boucheron + Lyn's emblem is doing wonders
he doesn't have the highest strength stat, but he can stack so much speed and has absurdly high constitution he can wield pretty much any weapon and not being affected in the slightest

Currently working on Wolf Knight Goldmary + Lyndis with Canter and Draconic Hex. With Canter and Hobble you have a 4-5 tile distance between yourself and your target. You apply both Poison and Draconic Hex. Wolf Knight's have great Avoid and Goldmary's personal lowers attacking foes hit, making her dodgy without hitting 0 Avoid (enemies won't attack what they can't hit/hurt.) Goldmary has pretty good Defense and Speed in this class, so even if she is hit, it isn't too bad. Can use A Lances, so after Poison and Debuff, maybe she can make use of the Brave Lance. I chose Lyndis bscause I heard she works well with daggers, though I'm not certain why. May change the Emblem.

So essentially you have 5 squares between you, good Avoid on Enemy Phase, and a respectable Defense on a unit that Debuffs. Hard for enemies to reach her, hit her, and do too much damage. So far it's been pretty fun.

Edited by Xylaugheon Daily

1 hour ago, Yexin said:

but i really wanted to use Lapis, then immediately after, the game gave me access to Diamant, so in order to make them do different things, i reclassed Lapis into a Pegasus Knight and then Sword-Axe Wyvern Knight, with Ike's emblem

now she's one of my strongest units, even Diamant would fear fighting her

As someone in the same position with Lapis, this has my interest. What weapons is she using, does she have the Spd/ Bld for stronger ones?

45 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

As someone in the same position with Lapis, this has my interest. What weapons is she using, does she have the Spd/ Bld for stronger ones?

well i don't know if i can be of any help considering i just completed chapter 15

anyway, i farmed skirmishes quite a bit in order promote her after her P.Knight reclassing (she probably got 2/3 levels as a sword fighter, but i don't think she raised strength even once)

she mainly uses Folkvangr (Alfonse's weapon from Heroes), armorslayer (might replace with a hammer), steel axe and steel sword, and yeah she takes care of pretty much anything i send her against, except maybe particularly fast units such as wolf knights and thieves

as a lv2 wyvern knight, she has 40 HP (+7 from Ike's ring, bond level 14), 8 Bld, 21 Str (+3), 15 Dex, 25 Spd, 19 Def (+3), 15 Res and 15 Luck

hope this helps

6 hours ago, Yexin said:

well i don't know if i can be of any help considering i just completed chapter 15

she mainly uses Folkvangr (Alfonse's weapon from Heroes), armorslayer (might replace with a hammer), steel axe and steel sword, and yeah she takes care of pretty much anything i send her against, except maybe particularly fast units such as wolf knights and thieves

This is useful, don't worry about it! I've been looking for someone to use Folkvangr too and as I said before I did want to use Lapis more, so I'll see what I can make of her once I'm done with my current projects, thank you very much!

P.S. Does it matter that she uses axes, or is the lance variant also valid? You lose the hammer, is that a dealbreaker?

Edited by DefyingFates

I haven't been able to test it yet but celica with seadall might actually be great tech. It would allow him reposition once and I believe you don't actually have to cast it on a foe to warp. Celica in herself might not be a good enough emblem though due to mages in the late game not wanting to take such a risk making a hail Mary warp.

2 hours ago, EliWitch said:

Fogado and Lucina. Not only is Parthia a strong bow, but he can make great use of bonded shield to units in danger with his 6 mov. Add Canter and Alacrity and you’ve got yourself a pretty good bow knight. 

I am 100% going to try this on my next run.

3 hours ago, EliWitch said:

Fogado and Lucina. Not only is Parthia a strong bow, but he can make great use of bonded shield to units in danger with his 6 mov. Add Canter and Alacrity and you’ve got yourself a pretty good bow knight. 

This is the pairing that I've been running - but mostly just to have the absolute largest Dual Assist+ range as possible. I really should make better use of bonded shield - I've seen some people pull off some impressive strats with it

8 hours ago, Vicyus said:

I haven't been able to test it yet but celica with seadall might actually be great tech. It would allow him reposition once and I believe you don't actually have to cast it on a foe to warp. Celica in herself might not be a good enough emblem though due to mages in the late game not wanting to take such a risk making a hail Mary warp.

Hum, might not be possible. If I remember well, you have to target a foe to use warp ragnarok. You can't just wander anywhere. So...

5 hours ago, EliWitch said:

I did try it that way, for the long range dual assist, but I ended up giving Lucina to Yunaka for the poison dual assist, which I find more useful. I might loose a bit on 2 range (1 more movement and 1 more for longbow), but with pass, and the fact that I'm generally packing, waiting for enemy to group before me, and placing Yunaka centrally to the fights, it's okay. I might give her boot to compense this a bit.

Just now, Hiroki said:

Hum, might not be possible. If I remember well, you have to target a foe to use warp ragnarok. You can't just wander anywhere. So...

Enemies can't counterattack when using Warp Ragnarok, so you could still use it as a way to teleport despite dealing 0 damage.

Of course that stops you being able to do anything else once you warp, so Sigurd may be the better option if you just want enhanced movement.

7 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Enemies can't counterattack when using Warp Ragnarok, so you could still use it as a way to teleport despite dealing 0 damage.

Of course that stops you being able to do anything else once you warp, so Sigurd may be the better option if you just want enhanced movement.

Right. But I think the concern of Vicyus was to put mage at risk in enemies line. If he gives Celica to Seadall and warp him, it might be the same danger, even more since Seadall might be less powerful, in magic, than an actual Sage.

But yeah, Sigurd is the best in term of positioning or anything.

On the topic of Seadall, if you have DLC, Tiki on him actually is a life saver. 

I had a couple maps on maddening that him turning into dragon form to boost all his stats, not only saved his life, but saved other units as well. The AI still targeted him, but with all the extra stats, he was able to survive AND give one of my units the divine blessing (which also saved their life too). 

Would I recommend it at all times? Probably not, but it is something to think about. 

1 hour ago, BloodRonin said:

On the topic of Seadall, if you have DLC, Tiki on him actually is a life saver. 

I had a couple maps on maddening that him turning into dragon form to boost all his stats, not only saved his life, but saved other units as well. The AI still targeted him, but with all the extra stats, he was able to survive AND give one of my units the divine blessing (which also saved their life too). 

Would I recommend it at all times? Probably not, but it is something to think about. 

I don't have the DLC, but I did want to try Maddening once I was done with my current Hard run (i.e. clear all Lv 50 Tempest Trials, get all Supports and Donation rewards). If Wave 2 is out by then and it's good I may get it, so I'll file this info away until then. Thank you very much! Are there any other clutch combinations that helped you out there?

5 hours ago, Hiroki said:

Ahh ok. Then I guess it's back to the drawing board for seadall again. I know it isn't a huge problem due to him just needing to dance being good enough; but finding him a ring that gives him a useful niche is tough. Luckily he comes with enough sp to at least get canter once you get sigurd back.

20 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

I don't have the DLC, but I did want to try Maddening once I was done with my current Hard run (i.e. clear all Lv 50 Tempest Trials, get all Supports and Donation rewards). If Wave 2 is out by then and it's good I may get it, so I'll file this info away until then. Thank you very much! Are there any other clutch combinations that helped you out there?

Canter Wolf Knight. Being able to attack someone from range, apply hobble (and poison debuff) and then flee out of their range has let me kite a lot on some maps. Even two mobs at once (assuming your dancer also has canter). This is even stronger if you have dragonic hex learned as well.

Micaiah with the staff range when engaged, really let's you do a lot of useful things. Aoe warp your team. Aoe heal, aoe Freeze. I even had AOE entrap and pulled 3 mobs as once to me to kill them. 

For context, I’m playing on hard, currently on chapter 17

I just gave Eirika to Alcryst and I’m already in love. Not sure how unconventional this actually is, it seemed like a fairly natural choice to me, but Lunar Brace stacked with Luna is ridiculous amounts of fun. I also managed to inherit Speedtaker from Lyn just to make sure that he’s always doubling whatever he attacks, and he’s currently rocking a forged killer bow with the Corrin engrave for max crit. Needless to say he’s destroying absolutely everyone on this map right now.

Another idea I’ve been wanting to try, though I haven’t had the chance yet, is Micaiah on any mage (I’m thinking Anna) with the Hold Out skill from Roy. With Hold Out preventing you from dying at all as long as you’re above a certain HP threshold, and Micaiah having Nosferatu so the mage can constantly heal themselves above that threshold, they become a pure face tank while Engaged, assuming they don’t get attacked by Arts, Smash weapons or 3-range weapons. Or miss. But still sounds insanely fun, and I think Enel just posted a video where he shows this combo off a bit.

Ive been pleasantly suprised with erika on a martial master. Someone stated it before either in another forum page or reddit and it turns out extra damage on a weapon which at max can attack 4 times is very good. It turned framme to a fringe healer that had utility to break mages into an actual offensive weapon. Add in yunaka with corrin for both poison and draconian hex and she can even be a threat to armor knights.

Panette as a paladin tends to have the issue of getting run over by a swarm of enemies before she can get in to a boss. This is mainly due to the fact her crit weapon tends to ohko anyone who would initiate dps on her, leaving her vulnerable to a large mass of units coming in on her one at a time. Now vantage can fix that but at the time I was poor on the sp side since I was saving up for wrath. A huge saving grace was the house lord emblem which allowed me to have the shielding combat art. It was very affective in keeping her alive long enough to get support from my rear gaurd. Now though I've caved and just put ike on palette but it's doing wonders for my wyvern lord kagetsu. No mage nor archer can one round him now when I have that combat art.

Also on another playthrough, roy seems to be the key to turning alear into a real offensive option. The plus strength adds up and holdout can be clutch. While I think lucina is overall more optimal due to the ridiculous port of bond shield, if you want a dps alear get the boi