FE ENGAGE SHIPS

Ale.l28

I'm sure I'll change or solidify my thoughts by the time I've actually gotten/seen most of the Supports (not even close yet), but my initial ships are...

F!Alear / Ivy - This one feels pretty straightforward, even though it's not the one I'm going to PERSONALLY pursue (because *I* like Jade, even with no real ship vibe there between F!Alear and Jade).

F!Alear / Merrin - Another ship I like for F!Alear, Merrin's interest in her as a dragon could be a cute thing between them, something played for laughs by they themselves.

Alcryst / Lapis - Much as I'd rather ship Lapis with someone else, she definitely seems to have a thing for Alcryst, and geeze that guy needs something to bolster his self-esteem.

Most of the rest I don't have enough to go on in their supports just yet, but I'm interested in learning more, as an avid shipper and occasional fic writer.

While I haven't finished the game (I have 2-3 more chapters to go), and my ships aren't usually locked down until Playthrough 3 for me and that will probably change once the DLC characters are added, I have some ones I think will stand for a while: 

M!Alear x Yunaka (at least for a bit) I really like their supports, and I'm partially convinced that Yunaka will be the new Marianne. Ivy is another good choice, but Yunaka means no political ties to one nation or another. (Citrinne's isn't explicitly romantic due to localization, but there are some romantic leanings in the Pact Support that I like as well. I also like the fact that Citrinne talks about dancing in her supports and I've given her Emblem Byleth so she could be my refresher. Although the Pact Ring benefits + Dire Thunder strats + an increased Crit rate and Secret Book Stats...hmm... Eh, I could do all that with Ivy as well.) 

Diamant x Jade. I like their supports so far. His relationship with Ivy doesn't lean romantic to me, so I think they end as good friends and peers. Although I'm not opposed to them being romantically involved either. 

Alcryst x Lapis. Great support, great ship, and I'm a sucker for the "Blue haired boy and Pink haired girl get together" thing. 

Celine x Chloe. The Knight wins the heart of the princess - it's a fairytale after all. Originally, I was leaning towards Celine x Jean, but I'm not sure that'd work out. I also have this silly and fun head-canon that after the war, the nobles see how well Alcryst and Celine get along (seriously, Alcryst is at his best in his supports with Celine) and try to arrange a political marriage, only for Alcryst to spontaneously and confidently marry Lapis while Celine runs off with Chloe for a time. Celine also has a great support with Fogado, but I can't see either of them giving up their positions as protectors of their older siblings to be with one another. (Although the Solm nobles are definitely the type of people who'd run away with their lover for a time.) 

Fogado x Rosado - I need to see their supports, but they seem to have a fun dynamic. Although maybe Fogado x Hortensia? I feel like Hortensia has a support with Clanne that I need to check out. Although I could see Yunaka and Fogado as a pretty powerful couple. Flirts and zany facades that hide calculating and pretty interesting facets. 

Ivy would probably marry MASSIVE SPOILER CHARACTER 

Spoiler

Mauvier

but I can't tell if their dynamic is "two wayward souls looking for redemption and finding love" or "two souls who need to see and be seen find that in each other, creating an intimate but non-romantic bond." But I also like Ivy's supports with Alfred so far. And I like Ivy's relationship with Alear so far. It adds depth to Ivy's character IMO, going from someone who was an enemy, to an ally, to one who worships you, to a valued ally, to a lover. The idea that Ivy went from being someone who worshipped Alear out of defiance to one who can now worship openly, to one who can be in a relationship with their god...I don't know, I just like it. While I gave her the Pact Ring on a save-scum file and have already seen the paired ending, I'll probably go back and romance her again on Playthrough 3, assuming I can get to it before the DLC with new characters comes out.*

I also want to find a ship for The Final Character, but I'm not sure with whom yet. I'm leaning towards either Alfred or Diamant. We'll see. 

Those are all of my ships for now. I'm sure I'll have more by the time my next playthrough ends. 

*I'm guessing that the new characters will come out sometime between October and December, so I should have time. But there are other games I plan on playing this year, and I don't want to suffer from burnout with this one. So, Playthroughs 1 & 2 - Late-January - Mid-February. Playthrough 3 (hopefully they'll add in NG+) Mid-March - Early-April, or whenever the next DLC wave hits. Playthrough 4 August - September. Playthrough 5 (probably the final playthrough of the year and for some time) will be in December, or whenever the final DLC wave hits. After that, it's waiting to see what next year brings. 

Edited by Use the Falchion

I haven't gotten all supports yet, but from what I see there's surprisingly a lot less shippy content than I'd thought

Chloe x Merrin purely from Merrin's opening line in their C support. So far it's the only time the suave lady knight turns up the charm with a cool, flirty line. It's enough for me lol

Fogado x Alcryst idk they mostly look good together and the opposites dynamic they have is fun. Little bros of their king/queendoms

Zephia x Marni for the extreme toxicity and pseudo-incest power dynamics. SICKOS ONLY!!!

For Alear I like Alfred for M! and Ivy for F!

Seadall & Yunaka was certainly interesting, I love Yunaka's impersonation of others. Also Yunaka & Fogado C support was interesting where she slipped for a moment out of her character.

Also I found Alcryst & Céline very interesting.

And Ivy & Diamant was a nice touch to mending relations between Brodia and Elusia.

...I'm going through the endings now, and I love how Chloe's ending explicitly mentions a fairytale whirlwind romance. But why should Chloe go for a Hallmark story when she can go for an actual fairytale and marry her princess, or her god?

Also, F!Alear x Alfred. 

...and given that Yunaka's paired ending is nonromantic due to her apparently being underage, I'll probably just ship M!Alear and Ivy, especially since her paired ending already mentions him. Maybe I'll try out that Seadall x Yunaka ship. 

19 hours ago, Use the Falchion said:

Although maybe Fogado x Hortensia? 

On one hand the age difference between them isn't that steep. On the other hand Fogado is ''The dictionary definition of a man'' while Hortensia's very much a child. Also I suspect they'd find Fogado in pieces after Ivy's done with him when she finds out. 

Having progressed a bit further and seen a few more supports through the army, I'm starting to like...

Timerra / Merrin (Timerrin?) - Merrin's devotion to her lady is very apparent, even in her after combat quips, and they seem quite close through their C and B supports. I'm also a sucker for the lady-and-her-knight trope, so this one has risen far in the ranks.

Alcryst / Seadall - I've only seen the C so far, but was immediately put in mind of Alcryst running away with Seadall to see the world and let slip the responsibilities and expectations that he has weighing him down.

Kagetsu x Boucheron cause Kagetsu keeps telling the Bouch to ‘quiz’ him.

Bunet x a restraining order. Bunet is unhinged and it’s honestly making me like him as a comedic character. His S support is also surprisingly sweet (compared to many others).  

Edited by zuibangde

Lapis x Alcryst: their dynamic in their support is pretty sweet, with them both helping the other see the value in themselves. Also like how Citrinne teases Lapis about her feelings for the prince

Clanne x Etie: their C-support was surprisingly really cute, curious to see where this pair goes

Celine x Fogado: saw some cute fanart, also enjoyed what I saw of their support

Rosado supports in general are all very cute, and I like his dynamics with Fogado, Louis and Mauvier. I'd struggle to choose one for him.

Ivy x Diamant is too clichéd but they also look great together. A savvy union.

Merrin x Citrinne have an intense and unique butch/femme energy.

I just wish this game had S supports for units, damn...

Edited by szechuan

Surprisingly, I didn't come out of this game with a whole lot of chara/chara ships, but I DID come out with a lot of MU/character ships. F!Alear is just too darn cute.

I would say some of my favorites are Ivy/F!Alear, Yunaka/F!Alear, Chloe/Celine, Goldmary/Etie, Timerra/Panette and Alcryst/Seadall.

though my personal favorite is Louis/F!Alear but that's just me self-inserting for my FE crush this time around.

Edited by hanazono

Boucheron x the Forest Sage. The kind gentleman who calls the woods his abode offered magical medicine to cure Boucheron's crippling sense of direction, took him on a grand adventure that Boucheron enjoyed very much, covered him with a blanket when he fell asleep out in the open and left him encouraging notes and clues to cheer him on when he was feeling down. Truly the actions of a man in love.

Alas, if only we had ever uncovered the identity of this most *mysterious* sorcerer. Perhaps in Engage 2?

Also I married Lindon because it was funny, I regret nothing

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Etie x M Alear. I like their overall interactions, and it's a unique one in the alear supports where it's him intrigued by someone else rather than the other way around. Also while I didn't get to A rank in time, the louis x ivy supports were interesting and made want to see their end result.

Edited by Vicyus

I haven't played the game, and I don't really ship characters, but I'll lend my input in terms of what I think are interesting pairings based on what I've seen of the game:

Alear and Ivy. I watched a video of their support conversations and some of Ivy's wake-up dialogue, and their dynamic seems really interesting: the divine dragon and the first princess of a kingdom that reveres the fell dragon, with it turning out that she's actually always revered the divine dragon as an act of silent defiance against the extremely corrupt court in which she grew up.

And... that's about it, really. I guess I also liked what I saw of Alear and Chloe's support conversations and other dialogue to some extent; I particularly like how, in one of the wake-up dialogues, she acknowledges that Alear will outlive her by thousands of years, but she hopes that the stories that will inevitably be made about the two of them will be of comfort to Alear when she's gone. But I don't think I'll be having Alear give her the pact ring.

seadall/pandreo - thought the seadall development was nice and their a support was just all around adorable  

fogato/alcryst - i’m a real sucker for sun/moon pairings, these two just hit the mark perfectly

kagetsu/boucheron - quiz

for alear(m) pairings i like seadall, pandreo, alfred, and louis. 

srry for the lack of girls, i only really use panette 😞

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, Ok, lemme throw my hat into the ring.

-Ivy x Diamant (I liked their supports, and they'll end up bringing their countries to peace)

-Alcryst x Hortensia (The Ending got me, ok? My boy finally didn't run away, and Hortensia has fallen for him)

-Yunaka x Zelkov (Trauma buddies)

-Veyle x Alfred (HEAR ME OUT, VEYLE IS OLD, IT'S LIKE NOWI AND GREGOR, I SWEAR, ALSO OLDER BROTHER VIBES, ALFRED IS A CHAD)

-Pandreo x Rosado (Idk why, I just like these two together)

-Kagetsu x Merrin (They will continue to challenge each other till they have become unstoppable)

-Louis x Chloe (Yayyyy, chliche pairings)

-Lindon x Saphir (Old people)

-Anna x Framme (I honestly don't know whether to beat myself over the head for this or not, but whatever)

That's it.

• 4 weeks later...

I played as F!Alear so that's the Alear ship I have, but I assume it would work the same for M!Alear

F!Alear X Alfred- otherwise he dies young 😞

Lapis X Alcryst- the only support where Alcryst gets self confidence, plus Lapis has a crush on Alcryst and she's just perfect and deserves everything

Diamant X Ivy- kinda basic but they're cute, their fathers would not be happy

Seadall X Yunaka- their street performers together! Their supports are also adorable

Amber X Diamant- unique, not popular, but I think it should be, it's cute

Amber X F!Alear- I like Amber ❤️