All DLC Emblems have been revealed.

DefyingFates

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

Do we know that?

It was datamined

Spoiler

One of the characters, Celeste I believe, has Zephia's VA and has assets implying her class is Melusine, Zephia's unique class.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Azz said:

It was datamined

Hide contents

One of the characters, Celeste I believe, has Zephia's VA and has assets implying her class is Melusine, Zephia's unique class.

Spoiler

That's disappointing, if our extras are just them then this pass is the worse FE pass out there.

I'm surprised Eliwood didn't sneak in alongside Hector ala Ephraim, Robin, or (with Dimitri and Claude). Makes sense to focus on Hector since axes provide much more variety than more swords with Eliwood, but I thought Eliwood would be in the background.

Edited by FashionEmblem

6 minutes ago, Azz said:

It was datamined

Hide contents

Technically, I don't think we know

Spoiler

Melusine is Celestia's class for sure. We just know there is a new version of Melusine. It could be just a boss class again though.

The newest trailer, combining the dialogue of the Japanese and English trialers is making me think the DLC characters come from the far future. The Japanese dialogue talks about Sombron in the past and then the English one has Alear asking "then, who is putting your world in danger now?"

The three unknown characters could still be reincarnations of the Hounds or something though.

Edited by NeonZ

Just now, FashionEmblem said:

Oh gosh, I just realized that Camilla's paralogue map might be Chapter 10 conquest since that's her join.

From the quick snippet we saw, I think her map may be the map you fight her on in Birthright with all the corridors rather than chapter 10 CQ

Getting into DLC content: you get Novice, Adept, and Expert skill books, three melee silver weapons, 5000 bond fragments, a bunch of silver and gold. Praise be, each of these books gives SP. Also said there are additional facilities to build supports with characters.

Scummy that this rebalancing of the economy is behind the DLC paywall.

3 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Is this free or part of the paid DLC?

I believe it is free. The DLC details don't mention anything about new facilities, but it will have to be checked by someone who doesn't have the DLC downloaded

EDIT: Yep can confirm the new support facilities are free

Edited by Azz

Okay, so we saw the video, and as I knew datamining already, I'm not surprised. Just more disappointed. Nintendo could have tell only two new Emblems and think more for the other, to change them, ahah.

Actually, I just agreed with Hector (who wouldn't?) and Chrom-Robin (That was a sure call). I don't like Camila. We saw her too much I think. And she's the Emblem of Revelation? Nonsense. I'm genuinely asking "Why is she so popular?" Is it because of the fantasies of the Onee-chan? =/ Azura is much more noticeable in those games, and more plot-relevant, isn't she? Plus, she can bring Lance affinity. Not many Emblem have a Lance, actually, Sigurd is the only "Lance specialized", and he only have two of them. (not counting Dimitri in the DLC)

I'm not fond of Soren. Sure, I liked him in his games, back in the days, but I don't think he's really "emblematic". I would have rather Elincia (and as I said, she could have bring bonus for flier unit, etc.)

And Veronica....Actually, I'm not fond of Heroes. I don't really like it, I think it's just a way to pass time for those who love it. But it doesn't ring any bell in me. No nostalgy at all. Even if the "summon" thing seems interesting (actually, she will just summon other Emblems as playable units?) I would have prefer Lyon! He's the one! Perfect here! He could have summon aberrations. Or better, deceased characters' aberrations. That would have been so cool!

Anyway. Still sad about IS choices here. I'm not sure the DLC story can do the job to sell all the package when it seems a bit lame overall.

Oh, actually, I forced it to show me the notification again, and the recreation support building is free. The weapons, materials, and books were DLC. There was also some additional fashion Somniel stuff, which I've ignored because fashion costs forging material (I know, doesn't fit the username, oh well).

28 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

I don't like Camila. We saw her too much I think. And she's the Emblem of Revelation? Nonsense.

That part is actual nonsense. That's an odd localization change. In Japanese, she's the Emblem of Anya, which was both the name of the kingdom Nohr and the game Conquest in Japanese, so she could be Emblem of Nohr or Emblem of Conquest. Emblem of Revelation is just NOA for some reason trying to be really neutral and not favoring one game version over another, even though Camilla by herself is obviously favoring one of them.

Edited by NeonZ

33 minutes ago, FashionEmblem said:

Oh, actually, I forced it to show me the notification again, and the recreation support building is free. The weapons, materials, and books were DLC. There was also some additional fashion Somniel stuff, which I've ignored because fashion costs forging material (I know, doesn't fit the username, oh well).

Thank you very much! And don't worry, needing forging materials to buy fashion items bugs me too 😛

36 minutes ago, Azz said:

I believe it is free. The DLC details don't mention anything about new facilities, but it will have to be checked by someone who doesn't have the DLC downloaded

EDIT: Yep can confirm the new support facilities are free

How did you two get the notifications to show up again, by loading an old save?

8 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

That part is actual nonsense. That's an odd localization change. In Japanese, she's the Emblem of Anya, which was both the name of the kingdom Nohr and the game Conquest in Japanese

Okay, that makes MUCH more sense. I still think choosing her over Azura is absurd though. Elincia could have had the flying coverage instead of Soren too. The only justification I can think of outside of pandering is if Camilla comes with a heavy magic focus (Bolt Axe is a good start, in all fairness). I forget if Malig Knights could use staves, but maybe she could have one of those too?

If Veronica keeps her horse, we'd get all 4 movement types represented unlike the vanilla 12 Emblems, which is both nice and also really makes the original 12 feel more lacking by comparison. I wonder if Eliwood's JP VA is the reason he isn't bundled with or replacing Hector? I don't know if the scandal would have changed much though, wasn't it a recent thing that hasn't affected many of his roles?

13 minutes ago, FashionEmblem said:

About to see if this poison mist paralogue is doable before you get Emblem Corrin ... It's the projected shortest, thus theoretically easiest one?

How can you tell?

34 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

I would have prefer Lyon! He's the one! Perfect here! He could have summon aberrations

The Lyon dream is dead 😢

He could have been a fun Dark Mage in general, AND reunited with both Eirika and Ephraim... who knows, maybe we'll get a second round of DLC if this first Pass sells well?

...yeah, that's pretty high copium...

Edited by DefyingFates

So will it be like tiki where the map scales with level? And have the inherited skills/ profficencies been leaked yet. I have a complete save and a 2nd playthrough going on atm (I wanted to use every character so I planned 3 runs before dlc released) so I guess I'll know if it's worth going for earlier or later. Also with how fast these releases are coming, I'm guessing wave 4 is coming summer. I have a feeling IS doesn't want to overlap engages dlc with anything they plan for the advance wars reboot.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On the one hand, this is two characters who I actively dislike, two that I'm fairly neutral on, and one who I'm fairly positive about. So that's not good. But on the other hand, I already had a pretty negative feeling about the DLC, since it seems wildly imbalancing and pay-to-win, and having characters I don't like makes sure that I won't have any sort of temptation to spend money on it. So, yay, I guess?

13 minutes ago, NeonZ said:

That part is actual nonsense. That's an odd localization change. In Japanese, she's the Emblem of Anya, which was both the name of the kingdom Nohr and the game Conquest in Japanese, so she could be Emblem of Nohr or Emblem of Conquest. Emblem of Revelation is just NOA for some reason trying to be really neutral and not favoring one game version over another, even though Camilla by herself is obviously favoring one of them.

Oh Really? Thank you for the precision! Actually, it was the same in the Nintendo of Europe Direct. A really strange move, as we don't care if one side is favored compare to the other (for me, they both equally sucks in comparison of a Lyon Emblem, ahah). But thank you for the translation, that makes more sense in a Japanese way. I just don't understand the localisation work.

8 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

The Lyon dream is dead 😢

🥲 The next step is to be recruited by IS and show them the right direction for the saga, ahah!

4 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

The next step is to be recruited by IS and show them the right direction for the saga, ahah!

Anyone willing to learn game design and Japanese?

On topic, while the character choice still baffles me, I have warmed up a lot more to the Emblems themselves. I'll wait until Wave 3 either way, but the Expansion Pass is more appealing now. Outside of donations the money didn't seem sparse enough to warrant the Silver Card, so I hope the other systems haven't been designed for DLC to save the day either (and if they have, we get free DLC to help farm SP and Bond Fragments instead).

13 minutes ago, Vicyus said:

So will it be like tiki where the map scales with level?

Wait, that map scales? Apparently that map had a ton of enemies, right? That sounds painful to do in postgame...