All DLC Emblems have been revealed.

DefyingFates

I'm not fan of the maid/butler design of this new class, as I was unhappy with it in Fates. But, I think it might have a lot of fans to come back like this. Like Camila.

This utility class seems more situational even than Martial Master. Won't do a lot of damages like their counterpart, can't heal aside from items (so you must have a lot of them in stock). At least, they have access to daggers, but I'm afraid they just do a less efficient job than martial master and thieves. It's interesting but...

That reminds me of a mix between maid/butler and an effective apothecary/merchant. And that class from Final Fantasy Tactics, the one who can throw potions, and everything.

Do we know yet how many new classes await in the datamining?

Edited by Hiroki

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Camilla... why? As far as supporting characters in Fates go, she's not exactly at the top of the list. Why not Azura? Azura is the deuteragonist (secondary protagonist) of all three routes, especially Revelation. Did Camilla win a poll? Why her?

It’s Camilla so I can think of two reasons she got picked over the likes of Xander and Takumi.

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

It’s Camilla so I can think of two reasons she got picked

Yeah, fanservice was my first thought as well, but I couldn't think of a good way to say "Was Camilla picked because of fanservice?"

Even for that, Azura would've been a good choice as, while her design is tame compared to Camilla's, it does have some amount of fanservice, and Azura would've made far more sense as the Emblem of Revelation.

Now that I think about it, I can think of one more possible reason why they chose Camilla: someone said, "There's a lot of infantry emblems and a couple cavalry emblems, but there's no flying emblem". But, in that case, they could've swapped any of the infantry DLC emblems with someone like Caeda or Elincia.

Edited by vanguard333

Yeah, I will never make a female character a combat medic. That maid design is dreadful.

Now, hopefully the butler variant is Jakob-level good, and hopefully it's a viable high-speed alternative to the High Priest and Martial Master. It is a shame that I can't have Deku punch things without putting this high speed character in a class with a speed cap so low it's in the Marianna Trench. Though that enemy's level 20 speed is not reassuring on the matter.

Edited by Fabulously Olivier

55 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

"Was Camilla picked because of fanservice?"

That's a pretty good way right there.

56 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

someone said, "There's a lot of infantry emblems and a couple cavalry emblems, but there's no flying emblem".

She's also the only flying mage among Fates' royalty, but I doubt IS had that in mind when choosing her...

Anyway, Mudec from Reddit posted all of the new Emblems skills and weapons here if you're interested. Of note is that Hector has inheritable Quick Riposte and Camilla's Fog and Ice effects are different to Corrin's: the former decreases Def/Res/Avo and the latter increases the movement of those in the AoE. Funny that they're the exact opposite of Corrin's versions, though the other effects seem to be identical. Soren's kit seems to have some focus on kicking people while they're down, which... makes a lot of sense, actually.

I just finished all the new divine paralogues and gotta say, I love Soren's reaction if you attack him with Ike, no reaction to Mecaiah though. Same with Hector, he doesnt react to Roy but there I guess you could probably explain that be this being FE7 Hector, where Roy doesnt exist yet. Same I guess goes for Soren being from Path of Radiance rather from Radiant Dawn. 🙂

17 hours ago, ciphertul said:
  Hide contents

That's disappointing, if our extras are just them then this pass is the worse FE pass out there.

Nah. SOV and Three Houses has Engage beat in bad DLC value. SOV for how expensive it was with the content it tried to give you and Three Houses having a lot of its DLC consisting of duds with the only worthwhile one being the Wolves. Engage has the decency to consistently sprinkle new emblem characters and story maps throughout at least rather than saving them for only Wave 4.

17 hours ago, Hiroki said:

I'm not fond of Soren. Sure, I liked him in his games, back in the days, but I don't think he's really "emblematic". I would have rather Elincia (and as I said, she could have bring bonus for flier unit, etc.)

With the state of Emblems and Bracelets, Soren was very necessary. Soren has a better dynamic for Ike and personality on average than Elincia. And considering the Bracelets are meant to interact with and play off the established ring: Elincia's interactions with Ike would've been mediocre in comparison. Oh, additionally, mages have been left behind by the current emblem distribution. They kinda needed a notable mage... badly.

2 hours ago, Speedy said:

I just finished all the new divine paralogues and gotta say, I love Soren's reaction if you attack him with Ike, no reaction to Mecaiah though. Same with Hector, he doesnt react to Roy but there I guess you could probably explain that be this being FE7 Hector, where Roy doesnt exist yet. Same I guess goes for Soren being from Path of Radiance rather from Radiant Dawn. 🙂

He's Radiant Dawn Soren. He just has no notable dynamic with Micaiah. They don't really care for each other much.

3 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah, fanservice was my first thought as well, but I couldn't think of a good way to say "Was Camilla picked because of fanservice?"

Even for that, Azura would've been a good choice as, while her design is tame compared to Camilla's, it does have some amount of fanservice, and Azura would've made far more sense as the Emblem of Revelation.

Now that I think about it, I can think of one more possible reason why they chose Camilla: someone said, "There's a lot of infantry emblems and a couple cavalry emblems, but there's no flying emblem". But, in that case, they could've swapped any of the infantry DLC emblems with someone like Caeda or Elincia.

It's very simple why they chose Camilla. She is leaps and bounds more popular than Azura while having a variety she lacks: flier. They want DLC to sell and Camilla does sell to more people than Azura. They have the data and it's been set that she's far more iconic and valuable than Azura.

Edited by Seazas

2 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

She's also the only flying mage among Fates' royalty, but I doubt IS had that in mind when choosing her...

Anyway, Mudec from Reddit posted all of the new Emblems skills and weapons here if you're interested. Of note is that Hector has inheritable Quick Riposte and Camilla's Fog and Ice effects are different to Corrin's: the former decreases Def/Res/Avo and the latter increases the movement of those in the AoE. Funny that they're the exact opposite of Corrin's versions, though the other effects seem to be identical. Soren's kit seems to have some focus on kicking people while they're down, which... makes a lot of sense, actually.

Camilla so has her effects in a different spread. 

(Side note, using her engage attack amped with corrin does some nasty aoe damage)

1 hour ago, ciphertul said:

Not it move is literally the only thing you care about. I don’t care if she gave +50 move her other skills a pretty garbage.

I disagree. Her engage attack is actually pretty cool and does decent aoe damage while adding control on the field(even more so when paired with corrin).  I don't like her lightning skill, even with high magic it hits too low, though it is fun to have ivy proc her personal off it.  

My biggest complaint is the skill that removes terrain. It works for positive terrain too. Had my Yunaka remove fog because it >_<. Other than that I really like her. I think she pairs best with high magic hybrids imo. (Or the other dragon)

Edit she pairs best with the other dragon for sure.  The dragon benefits for Camilla are huge and seems like a perfect fit for her. 

Edited by BloodRonin

So for some story stuff, based on bond convos, it seems that in their worlds, Hector's bracelet was in Firene, Soren's in Elusia and Camilla's in Solm (so we can presume Chrom's was in Bordia and Veronica in Lythos). In Hector and Céline's bond conversation that he mentions this world's Céline is much gentler than the one he knew (possibly lending credence to the evil world of Elyos that we'll visit in the Fell Xenologue)

My guess for Camilla was that maybe she's extremely popular in Japan?  I mean she is still decently popular everywhere else I guess?  Well tbh while I was in Japan I don't remember seeing a single Azura merch but I also don't remember seeing any Camilla merch so I'm not sure.  I honestly don't mind Camilla as she's kinda cool I guess though I would've liked Xander and Ryoma over Camilla or Azura.  Azura def makes the most sense for it being called the Rev Emblem.  I haven't accessed the dlc myself yet so I don't actually even know what Tiki and the 3H Emblem does LOL. 

3 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Not it move is literally the only thing you care about. I don’t care if she gave +50 move her other skills a pretty garbage.

I think if anything gave +50 move it'd prolly be the most broken thing in the game.

6 hours ago, ciphertul said:

Okay, so now that they've posted her skills, I don't agree with your assessment.

Movement bonus is strong. Like, should generally qualify as A tier strong. On Dragons, this also has the potential benefit of softening foes in an AoE.

Dragon Vein is busted. And while her version isn't as good as Corrin's (no Fog), Corrin's version essentially qualifies her as an S tier Emblem by itself. Camilla's will essentially be most useful for Qi Adepts and Dragons. There's also a niche use case for using her on Mystical with Canto for on-demand self-healing.

Decisive Strike is excellent if you give that unit a killer weapon and/or crit engraving, essentially making them extra good at softening up boss healthbars.

There's also much to be said about a brave tome, a built-in 1-2 range magic weapon, and a good axe that destroys mages and boosts your res through the roof. 

The only dud here is Detoxify (lol), and the situational nature of Groundswell (but even that could be strong on certain maps, and with a Mystical user). But it's not like many other Emblems don't have at least one dud or situational skill. Here's looking at Demolish on Ike, Lost Items on Byleth, etc.

7 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

Thanks. I agree that it is a good way to say it, but I somehow didn't think of it until afterwards.

Yeah, I doubt IS had that in mind either when picking Camilla. As I said before, if they wanted a flying emblem, the obvious choices would've been Caeda or Elincia. They undoubtedly picked Camilla because of fanservice, which I honestly find just a little funny because I remember myself and quite a few people originally finding her design so blatant and outrageous that it was off-putting rather than appealing.

Oh, apparently (someone correct me if I'm wrong) Camilla's emblem title in the original Japanese is "emblem of dark night", which makes more sense than "emblem of revelation".

22 hours ago, DefyingFates said:

How can you tell?

Instead of saying a suggested level, the DLC paralogues tell you expected duration. EXCEPT, it doesn't change with difficulty, which is hilarious. I beat Tiki's paralogue on Maddening way over the expected turn count and was feeling kind of bad about my skills. Then I realized these numbers might be calibrated around Normal difficulty, which would make a big difference—with lower enemy quality I could easily see you aggroing Tiki sooner and not worrying about getting flanked by the reinforcements much sooner. Heck, wouldn't surprise me if Tiki doesn't move on Normal and she's probably actually weak to dragon effective weapons.

27 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

which I honestly find just a little funny because I remember myself and quite a few people originally finding her design so blatant and outrageous that it was off-putting rather than appealing.

Count me in that group, I think she's hideous. Moving on though...

22 minutes ago, FashionEmblem said:

Instead of saying a suggested level, the DLC paralogues tell you expected duration. EXCEPT, it doesn't change with difficulty, which is hilarious. I beat Tiki's paralogue on Maddening way over the expected turn count and was feeling kind of bad about my skills. Then I realized these numbers might be calibrated around Normal difficulty, which would make a big difference—with lower enemy quality I could easily see you aggroing Tiki sooner and not worrying about getting flanked by the reinforcements much sooner. Heck, wouldn't surprise me if Tiki doesn't move on Normal and she's probably actually weak to dragon effective weapons.

Ah, that's interesting, thank you! if Tiki works anything like Corrin I assume she has immunity to dragon effective weapons on Hard mode too, since Corrin was the same. I think Normal mode drops the Stalwart abilities though.

6 hours ago, vanguard333 said:

Yeah, I doubt IS had that in mind either when picking Camilla. As I said before, if they wanted a flying emblem, the obvious choices would've been Caeda or Elincia. They undoubtedly picked Camilla because of fanservice, which I honestly find just a little funny because I remember myself and quite a few people originally finding her design so blatant and outrageous that it was off-putting rather than appealing.

But are those two really obvious options? I'm indifferent to Camilla's inclusion and simply playing devil's advocate here, but replacing Tiki with Caeda gets rid of the currently most unique emblem, and all of the DLC emblems that aren't from heroes have very close ties to the existing emblem rep of their game. Ike and Eilincia had a pretty bare mercenary and client relationship(in the unlocalized version of PoR especially), to the point where they have barely any interaction in Radiant Dawn.

Edited by Cupie

Maids back, yayyyyy! Love the idea of the Enchanter class, getting some sick Castlevania-esque Item Crashes.

Some spoiler for the datamine/Fell Xenologue.

Spoiler

Assuming that each of the new characters hold the new classes, and the whole "Alternate Evil Universe" theory holds true, I believe Alt. Griss/Gregory would be an Enchanter. Aside from the funny imagery, Griss is noted to be incredibly studious and is the warlock of the Four Hounds. The ability to use items and weapons as means to boost everyone would fit his personality, especially if he has to fill in the role of Mauvier.
Alt. Zephia/Celetestia would have Melusine, since that class is something we can see exist in the game but isn't playable, it even has a Class Skill Zephia can only use in some maps, since she doesn't have a Sword sometimes.
Alt. Marni/Madeline would be the Mage Cannon, that Magic Armored class seen within. She's already magic-stated despite only having access to the Hurricane Axe in all her fights, so it seems like she always intended to have actual magic to her, fitting the theme of the Hounds all being magic-blessed.
Nel is already a Dragon-Type, I would eat my hat if the only playable Dragon-shifter in the game ISN'T Dragon-Type in their base class.
So I guess Nel's brother or whatever is some kind of calvary? So that grants us 2 infantry, armored, flier, and calvary.

15 hours ago, Cupie said:

and all of the DLC emblems that aren't from heroes have very close ties to the existing emblem rep of their game. Ike and Eilincia had a pretty bare mercenary and client relationship(in the unlocalized version of PoR especially)

This is fair and Camilla is not only a flier but also has some magic abilities, but it just feels like blatant favoritism to not pick a neutral rep from Fates. What's done is done though, I guess. Do you think there are any chances for an emergency patch to change her title back to Emblem of Conquest at least?

On 2/9/2023 at 2:14 PM, Acacia Sgt said:

Gonna admit, the more is being revealed aboutthem, the less I'm gonna enjoy the Xenologues once I play them.

I'm a tad excited for them still-bitter that a few cool things/classes (and MAYBE explanations) are behind a paywall, not too hooked on the angle I'm seeing as it's been done a lot in FE DLCs now, but if they at least round out the worldbuilding with Nel and her brother/friend? and (spoilers):

Spoiler

Execute the good four hounds in a compelling way, especially since the odds are against them considering the evil versions of each kingdom...

Then I'll be happy.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:21 PM, KoriCongo said:
Spoiler

Assuming that each of the new characters hold the new classes, and the whole "Alternate Evil Universe" theory holds true, I believe Alt. Griss/Gregory would be an Enchanter. Aside from the funny imagery, Griss is noted to be incredibly studious and is the warlock of the Four Hounds. The ability to use items and weapons as means to boost everyone would fit his personality, especially if he has to fill in the role of Mauvier.
Alt. Zephia/Celetestia would have Melusine, since that class is something we can see exist in the game but isn't playable, it even has a Class Skill Zephia can only use in some maps, since she doesn't have a Sword sometimes.
Alt. Marni/Madeline would be the Mage Cannon, that Magic Armored class seen within. She's already magic-stated despite only having access to the Hurricane Axe in all her fights, so it seems like she always intended to have actual magic to her, fitting the theme of the Hounds all being magic-blessed.
Nel is already a Dragon-Type, I would eat my hat if the only playable Dragon-shifter in the game ISN'T Dragon-Type in their base class.
So I guess Nel's brother or whatever is some kind of calvary? So that grants us 2 infantry, armored, flier, and calvary.

Really excited for this aspect of it. Not expecting the coolest story ever, but I love what ifs like this, especially since in game I feel they were a little wasted/had their issues dumped on us last minute and it was hard to like them for anything other than being terrible/quirky. Lastly, I will say... (kinda spoilers about classes):

Spoiler

A little over only girls getting to be dragons outside of Corrin and MAYBE M!Alear if the manakete class is unlocked for existing manaketes in game too. SMALL pet peeve of mine! Not a big deal but lol. I think the femboy brother would have a cool design, like an albino snake or something. RIP I guess, I'll take another guy on a horse.

Edited by WindSentinel