Any Fun Build Ideas Using the DLC Emblems?

BloodRonin

Not Sure if this is considered a spoiler or not? So Just in case I will give it the spoiler eye thing.

Spoiler

So far I have only unlocked Hector, and will come back after unlocking the other units. 

Hector has some amazing skills. These 3 came to mind at first, Hector Diamont Seems like it would be really fun. Upgraded quick repost is at 60% HP or more. Hector Panette also seems like a solid choice. With the S rank Axe from Solm, Wrath inherited and her personal, you are looking at some meaty numbers. The other I thought of would be Hector Timerra since he legit fixes all her issues and even gains extra damage if the weapon is too heavy (Up to +5 true damage). 

But then I thought about our tanks, since Hector makes them even beefier. (Though I think he could be really solid on non tank characters as mentioned above). Hector with Jade or Louis would be solid either way as a general or great knight. 

What ideas have you thought of so far? 

1 hour ago, BloodRonin said:

Not Sure if this is considered a spoiler or not? So Just in case I will give it the spoiler eye thing.

Hide contents

So far I have only unlocked Hector, and will come back after unlocking the other units. 

Hector has some amazing skills. These 3 came to mind at first, Hector Diamont Seems like it would be really fun. Upgraded quick repost is at 60% HP or more. Hector Panette also seems like a solid choice. With the S rank Axe from Solm, Wrath inherited and her personal, you are looking at some meaty numbers. The other I thought of would be Hector Timerra since he legit fixes all her issues and even gains extra damage if the weapon is too heavy (Up to +5 true damage). 

But then I thought about our tanks, since Hector makes them even beefier. (Though I think he could be really solid on non tank characters as mentioned above). Hector with Jade or Louis would be solid either way as a general or great knight. 

What ideas have you thought of so far? 

Spoiler

please share your thoughts on the paralogues difficulty as well, I just woke up to find out we are already getting wave 2, it will be interesting trying out these emblems on maddening 😄

7 minutes ago, Speedy said:
  Hide contents

please share your thoughts on the paralogues difficulty as well, I just woke up to find out we are already getting wave 2, it will be interesting trying out these emblems on maddening 😄

I've only had time to do one and of course I chose Daddy Hector. The map is super chill. On my second Maddening playthrough, just finished chapter 22. Reinforcements on this map are few and I solo'd them with my high avoid arts using Mauvier, with a hall or two from my B Team who went north while A Team went west. The only chest that's really nice is the one center north that a thief guns for with a Dracoshield, so you could just have everyone head left. Hector himself was a pushover. Her had 0% hit on every attack, so even though he was throwing up big numbers and physical attacks did little, I run a number of answers, so it wad over in one turn.

I'll give my thoughts on the other two tomorrow, probably late. I've been up about twenty hours now and I'm going to sleep for at least a solid ten.

35 minutes ago, Xylaugheon Daily said:

I've only had time to do one and of course I chose Daddy Hector. The map is super chill. On my second Maddening playthrough, just finished chapter 22. Reinforcements on this map are few and I solo'd them with my high avoid arts using Mauvier, with a hall or two from my B Team who went north while A Team went west. The only chest that's really nice is the one center north that a thief guns for with a Dracoshield, so you could just have everyone head left. Hector himself was a pushover. Her had 0% hit on every attack, so even though he was throwing up big numbers and physical attacks did little, I run a number of answers, so it wad over in one turn.

I'll give my thoughts on the other two tomorrow, probably late. I've been up about twenty hours now and I'm going to sleep for at least a solid ten.

Question is (I dunno how early you'll be able to do the paralogue, I assume from the start whenever you want) how hard they will be, when you try to complete them as soon as possible? 🙂

1 hour ago, Speedy said:
  Hide contents

On my completed file it was a breeze on maddening. On my new maddening file, I found it to be a little more challenging since I only brought 1 magic user. (there is a lot of armor cavs or generals)  Overall it was a solid map. I missed out on the top middle chest (that one and top right are the only ones worth getting imo) I thought it was easier than Tiki's, but I also did that without any emblems other than marth and celica. 

1 minute ago, Speedy said:

Question is (I dunno how early you'll be able to do the paralogue, I assume from the start whenever you want) how hard they will be, when you try to complete them as soon as possible? 🙂

Once you unlock the 3 houses kids, you can do Tiki, then after Tiki, you unlock the others.

4 hours ago, BloodRonin said:
  Hide contents

The other I thought of would be Hector Timerra since he legit fixes all her issues and even gains extra damage if the weapon is too heavy (Up to +5 true damage). 

How does that work? What heavy is considered here to add 5 damages? Would it be just like 1 point above the unit's build?

I think it would be a cool pair with brave weapons, since they are a bit heavy and always attack twice, no matter what. So, +5 damages times 2 give at least 10 more damages.

Even more if your unit is not really speed down by the weight, or have a lot of speed, and can double naturally the enemy. That could give up to 5 more damages times 2 times 2, for a big 20 more damages? I'm not sure about the calculations here, but that seems crazy. Should pair up with speedtaker.

Went for soren on a hard run around ch 15. Map was fine, just pay attention to your positioning and don't be afraid to end on smog. His skills make mages overall tankier with damage reduction on tomes and having plus to both mag and res combined. He also has cool debucfing abilities and unique support staffs. He also has unique magic effects that can add variety to your casters. Probably better than celica or eirika as a magic option for mages (eirika still better for magic weapom users). Don't know if he beats lyn byleth or lucina for them though. And  I still think you're best shot is to go olwen S for your mags, but maybe once we have the new classes it'll be better. He also would be very good for mage knights and I think his supportive elements do have him going over the edge. Better used than just an skill tree we have to bond with (sorry leif)

Edited by Vicyus

23 minutes ago, Hiroki said:

How does that work? What heavy is considered here to add 5 damages? Would it be just like 1 point above the unit's build?

I think it would be a cool pair with brave weapons, since they are a bit heavy and always attack twice, no matter what. So, +5 damages times 2 give at least 10 more damages.

Even more if your unit is not really speed down by the weight, or have a lot of speed, and can double naturally the enemy. That could give up to 5 more damages times 2 times 2, for a big 20 more damages? I'm not sure about the calculations here, but that seems crazy. Should pair up with speedtaker.

It gives 1 damage (up to 5) for every weight it is heavier.  Hector in general gives str, def and bld for using him. Putting an engrave on a brave lance with Timerra, would not only make her double and hit well with how high her dex can go, but each hit will have a chance to proc her personal skill too. And you get the true damage on it as well. 

Just unlocked Soren, I wonder if Assign Decoy would work on units that have 100% dodge, if the enemies on maddening would go after them. But I assume it's only slight increase in probability?

1 hour ago, BloodRonin said:

It gives 1 damage (up to 5) for every weight it is heavier.  Hector in general gives str, def and bld for using him. Putting an engrave on a brave lance with Timerra, would not only make her double and hit well with how high her dex can go, but each hit will have a chance to proc her personal skill too. And you get the true damage on it as well. 

Thanks for the answer. So, in order to get the 5 damages, you do reduces your speed by 5. Seems totally doable. Especially with Speedtaker, where this penalty can be erased in 3 fights.

This Timerra seems really scary, ahah. But yeah, she has enough Dex for her skill to proc often. I use her with Ike, and on Aether turn, she do a lot of damages (I think Sandstorm proc around every two-three attacks, lucky as I am).

5 hours ago, Hiroki said:

Thanks for the answer. So, in order to get the 5 damages, you do reduces your speed by 5. Seems totally doable. Especially with Speedtaker, where this penalty can be erased in 3 fights.

This Timerra seems really scary, ahah. But yeah, she has enough Dex for her skill to proc often. I use her with Ike, and on Aether turn, she do a lot of damages (I think Sandstorm proc around every two-three attacks, lucky as I am).

I got to test it some today and wow... it is super fun. It eats through things like hot butter. 

Just like most of users said, Hector Timerra is a monster, comparable to Ike builds. 

I've been trying Veyle Soren and it kinda works. Thanks to huge range on engage you can pull enemies from miles away while making them take more damage (Draconic Hex +Flare + Dagger Lucina), you get double crit chance on tomes and vs groups you slap Cataclysm for AoE Draconic Hex and Flame Field. It's full package and propably most *natural feeling* combo in the game (next to Diamant Ike).

2 hours ago, Miltek said:

Veyle Soren

I tried her with Camilla and holy hell is it my favorite pair up of all the new emblems.  She gains the much needed speed while also getting all the nice dragon buffs too. It is really fun.

Edited by BloodRonin

Quick Riposte single handily fixes all of Alfred's problems. Alfred's biggest issue is that he can't double for shit so he never is really able to KO but with Hector that issue is gone and it boosts his already good offense and defence. Just using him in Camilla's paralogue, Alfred has become a monster with QR

1 hour ago, Miltek said:

Just like most of users said, Hector Timerra is a monster, comparable to Ike builds. 

I've been trying Veyle Soren and it kinda works. Thanks to huge range on engage you can pull enemies from miles away while making them take more damage (Draconic Hex +Flare + Dagger Lucina), you get double crit chance on tomes and vs groups you slap Cataclysm for AoE Draconic Hex and Flame Field. It's full package and propably most *natural feeling* combo in the game (next to Diamant Ike).

I wonder if it's better than Celica on her though. +1 range on Echo and Warp Ragnarok is fairly busted.

Back with some updated builds using the new emblems. This may be long. I'll post 3 different times for each emblem.

Camilla

Camilla X Vayle. This combo is very strong And my favorite Camilla pairing.  Getting the increased movement is nice when engaged. You benefit from getting HP+7 and +5 speed as well which is a huge boon since she is on the slower end at first.  The extra res just makes so you literally tank any mage pretty much.  Getting the extra benefits from dragon with Camilla is actually crazy strong. The increased range on her engage attack is noticeable, especially if you do it with the plus version. With the high magic you have, you actually hit pretty hard with this.  You also gain the 10%max hp aoe as a dragon as well. That chip damage is really nice. Another thing to note too, if you have dragonic hex learned, it applies from the massive aoe as well from her engage attack if anything did survive. I have her dagger engraved with+ crit, which is nice to apply poison, the dragon hex debuff and when it crits also does 10+ more damage after combat. 

Camilla x mage knight.

Self explanatory imo. You gain speed, which just adds to the already+3 you get pretty much at all times from this class skill. You gain 4 movement when engaged and your horsey becomes a true horse of magic since it is flying now haha. This is just great. Dragon vein on can not that great. I don't like thr way thr aoe water comes out. Pretty much always gets your team. 

Camilla×Celine(or another magical)

Celine works really well since she has decent str to use the rank 15 weapon which is physical damage. Dark inferno his especially hard. And every hit can proc ignis. Also the brave tome she gets can hit 4 times and each hit can proc ignis too. Pretty good. 

Honorable mention Wolf Knight. 

Having a dagger unit that has 10 mobility and flying is super nice. Merrin has a decent mag growth so she can make it work. Not as good as the others though imo. 

Okay time for Hector

Hector imo has  a fee great paring.

HectorXDiamont

This gives diamont some really great survival when engaged. Not to mention if using a heavy weapon, you gain true damage up plus 5 for the heavier it is. This works fantastic with brave weapons (use engrave to make heavier for even more damage) or smash weapons. The riposte skill once you get to the max rank is so damn good. I love hitting twice with super slow weapons for meaty hits. You also gain+20 crit when using the engage skill. Only problem I have had so far is when I engage, it gives me so much defense that npcs ignore me. This changed once I got to the later game in maddening. 

HectorXTank (great knight or general)

The engage skill is wasted on generals and honestly you gain so much damn def +50% while engaged people legit ignore you. 

But as a great knight it is a little different. The anti block mechanic is super nice and Hector just makes your horse tanks even stronger. (Shout out to Goldmary Paladin Hector, she is able to tank mages as well with Hector)

My last one is one mentioned above. Hector makes Timerra a monster. Please try it. Even with his+ bld he gives, most weapons are still too heavy for her so she is always getting that true damage ontop of procuring her personal class skill too. 

Honorable mention Panette. Though I found her Ike Pairing to be superior.

Okay Last but not least, Soren.

I found only 2 builds with him. (Not did not try Vayle yet)

Soren X Ivy. Her personal skill can proc every hit of his engage attack. Having the enemy also have lower res from soren makes so you also can kill makes, though not as strong as mystical.  I love hitting Bolting from far away and have her personL skill proc at the same time.

Soren also has the cool benefit of having magic apply debuffs to the enemy(lower hit, def, or movement) depending on what you attack with. Skill can be learned and stacks with hex

He is probably best paired with a mystical, as they gain thr most benefit. 30% res drop on enemies instead of 10. The engage attack hits for all 3 schools af 50% instead of 40 for other class types.  

I imagine with Vayle he could be good as well. The ingame description for dragon is misleading. It makes it so your crit chance is doubled, which could be useful, but I love Camilla on her too much. 

Side note, his skill assign decoy is dope af. I did it to my Louis when Ivy had 3 hp. Literally everyone in range that could attack him did, even ones that only did 1 damage. Did not affect the boss though

I need to confirm of it works for 100% avoidance tanks or not. Also another side note. If the enemy can't hit him, they will still attack your weakest, so make sure you plan accordingly. 

Edited by BloodRonin

9 hours ago, BloodRonin said:

Okay time for Hector

Hector imo has  a fee great paring.

HectorXDiamont

This gives diamont some really great survival when engaged. Not to mention if using a heavy weapon, you gain true damage up plus 5 for the heavier it is. This works fantastic with brave weapons (use engrave to make heavier for even more damage) or smash weapons. The riposte skill once you get to the max rank is so damn good. I love hitting twice with super slow weapons for meaty hits. You also gain+20 crit when using the engage skill. Only problem I have had so far is when I engage, it gives me so much defense that npcs ignore me. This changed once I got to the later game in maddening. 

HectorXTank (great knight or general)

The engage skill is wasted on generals and honestly you gain so much damn def +50% while engaged people legit ignore you. 

But as a great knight it is a little different. The anti block mechanic is super nice and Hector just makes your horse tanks even stronger. (Shout out to Goldmary Paladin Hector, she is able to tank mages as well with Hector)

My last one is one mentioned above. Hector makes Timerra a monster. Please try it. Even with his+ bld he gives, most weapons are still too heavy for her so she is always getting that true damage ontop of procuring her personal class skill too. 

Honorable mention Panette. Though I found her Ike Pairing to be superior.

Thank you for mentioning this, because I'm currently on Chapter 10 and debating what to do for this playthrough with this DLC—presently fighting through some decision paralysis. I'm running two tankier characters.

My original plan before DLC dropped:

1. Diamant - Successor, inherit Pair-Up and Vantage +(+), equip Roy for Hold Out: Diamant is reasonably tanky if he procs Sol, and Sol can get him back into Hold Out range in a pinch (a bit of a gamble though).
  2. Jade - Great Knight, inherit Pair-Up and Vantage+(+), equip Ike for Wrath and Resolve: A pretty standard Wrath-Vantage build. Diamant can do the same thing, but I worry he will suffer from success and Sol his way out of Wrath-Vantage but not gain enough HP to survive the next attack (e.g., Sol against a beefy armor while having a ranged axe equipped).

And, now we have Hector to tank. I'm thinking the following could work well with Hector in my eventual team:

1. Diamant could run Pair-Up and Canter, and Sol can help keep Quick Riposte active. Plus, he gets that nice +20 crit off Storm's Eye. I understand the desire to combine this with Wrath-Vantage, but enemy phase builds in this game are a bit of a three-legged stool requiring Pair-Up as well, no? Plus, aforementioned issue of the anti-synergy of Sol + Wrath-Vantage.
  2. Jade also running Pair-Up and Canter. No Sol (which means Wrath-Vantage works a bit better, but still missing Pair-Up), but Great Knight counts as cavalry so all she gains from Storm's Eye is freeze immunity which is situational (would have been nice for Tiki's paralogue ... which is a prerequisite for Hector's). Storm's Eye preventing doubles is appreciated on everyone, but quite a big effect for this slow unit.
  3. Rosado/Wyvern Knight. It's amusing that fliers are associated with Res for engage effects—true of the pegasus line, traditionally, but wyverns get sucked in too. Thus, Storm's Eye bonus to res for fliers can help mitigate a Wyvern Knight's weakness to magic. The flying classes have pretty low build (though, Rosado does start out with 2 build above the base) so that bonus is also appreciated.

Honestly, helpful exercise writing it out because Sol + Hold-Out is a bit more of a gamble than I had previously thought through—Diamant has an, AT BEST, ~1/5 chance to proc Sol. I suppose you then consider how many rounds of combat he would see as an enemy-phase unit and game-wide it will work, but I know I'm going to be unlucky enough to have it fail right when Diamant's at 1HP. Plus, Canter in the midgame will make Diamant feel better to use for the long stretch of the game before Vantage+ and Pair-Up are available.

P.S., I saw this idea elsewhere on the internet (can't recall where) and don't plan on using it myself, but reclassing Jade to Griffin Knight to patch her Speed and Res, while retaining some good Def, then running her with Storm's Eye as a flier to further patch the Res. My gut says that falls into jack of all trades master of none trying to patch those 3 stats at once rather than running more specialized Chlo'e Griffin with good speed+res and Jade Great Knight with good defense (and the entire point of Storm's Eye is to patch speed anyways).

A few ideas I've been thinking of/testing out:

1.) Camilla with Griffon Knight Chloe - Chloe makes for a good Griffon Knight due to her decent Magic stat, but Griffon Knight as a class is somewhat limited in flexibility.  Camilla greatly expands her kit, giving her access to an extra 3 Movement, axes to cover against enemy lance users, and a magical brave effect weapon.  The +5 Speed at max bond rank is also helpful, as it helps to ensure Chloe consistently doubles.  Wish flying wasn't limited to the healing dragon vein, but oh well.

2.) Hector with Great Knight Goldmary - Goldmary is a solid tank, especially when re-classed to Great Knight.  Her decent base Speed is usually offset by her lower growth, so doubling is an issue for her.  Great Knight also has the trouble of being at risk from weapon breaks.  Hector solves both of these issues while also further increasing her bulk.  Hector also gives her access to axes; if you stick with swords and lances for her two primary weapons, she has complete weapon triangle coverage.  Honestly, Hector probably pairs well with anyone who classes as Great Knight, but Goldmary sticks out as one of the better options for this set-up.

3.) Soren with a Qi Adept - So Soren's Flare skill gives 100% HP recovery when used with a Qi Adept.  If you were to use a Qi Adept with high Magic, good Speed, and decent bulk (a re-classed Ivy; maybe Anna?), engage, and run into the middle of a group of enemies, you should theoretically be nearly impossible to kill.  Pair this with Vantage and Hold-Out and I find it hard to believe that the enemy would ever be able to take you down.  I have yet to actually put this one into practice, but I want to try it; on paper, it should work, just as Nosferatu tanking has in previous games.

10 hours ago, FashionEmblem said:

I just saw one in a YouTube comment that is brilliant and I am disappointed I didn't think of it myself. Bolting Dual Axist+ Hero. Chain attacks for days when you are engaged.

I tried this and it is hilarious.