My Opinion About The New Story Mode Of Kirby's Return To Dream Land Deluxe

MisterIceTeaPeach

Kirby's Return To Dream Land Deluxe, a remake of the Wii title Kirby's Return To Dream Land / Adventure Wii, contains a new mode called Magolor Epilogue.

Spoiler

As the title says you play as Magolor who lost almost all his powers after defeating by Kirby in the main game. Only a few attacks (from his moveset from Kirby Star Allies) remain and he must improve his current attacks and learn new attacks by gaining orbs. These can be obtained by collecting them and defeating the enemies. However he can get extra orbs by constantly attacks enemies in a certain timer, called bonus orbs. It's not only an action-platformer but also in some kind of way a rhythm game. Attacking enemies must be timed precisely to gain as many orbs as possible and to reach a high rank after a stage. With the earned orbs you can use them to learn new / improved learned skills in their level, so it has a RPG system. Some skills or a certain level of a skill are required to unlock bonus stages. The stages theirselves remind a bit on the challenge stages from the main game except you must to defeat enemies. Some of them are reused from the main game in which you've to move in the opposite direction. Also the music includes remixes from the main game for the most including one reused tune from Forgotten Land.

The bosses are reused bosses from the main game but a different moveset for having all added elemental abilities like fire, electric and water. They are harder, even harder than the ex version from the extra mode and true arena.

final boss 

Spoiler

The final boss is the Crown itself which possessed Magolor, and this fight was rough, really ROUGH. It even hard an attack which dealt tons of damage can killed me with half health. Also the fight before is really rough. The theme to the final boss is marvelous, including a remix of the town theme from Super Kirby Clash.

After all I had a very pleasent time with this mode, but honestly I don't think the whole game is worth full price to anyone who played the Wii title.

For newcomers to this game it's absolutely recommendable because the main game is easily one of the best Kirby games, definitely the best existing four players Kirby title.

Edited by I Am Cute

First Kirby game to have a combo hit counter and it's not a DMC clone starring Metaknight.

My friend and I had a lot of fun with the mode. At the start we were laughing at missing all the jumps because we were still in "Kirby mode" where we just expect to float indefinitely

At the start we were laughing at missing all the jumps because we were still in "Kirby mode" where we just expect to float indefinitely

The floaty, slow movement caused me lots of trouble in the endgame because I had trouble to land in time to dodge the attacks.

Ngl with Kirby I'd have had less trouble than I had.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried out the true arena yesterday.

The amount of healing items is unchanged compared to the Wii version...but there are seven more bosses in the Deluxe version and an improved final boss.

I didn't do my best, but even with improvement performances this wouldn't be enough for me at all considering there's at least one boss which causes me big trouble (Rampage Doomers).

I started with spark, switched to tornado and ended up with hammer.

Of these three tornado might be only ability I have a chance to beat the true arena.

Without question this is the hardest bossrush in the Kirby series for me due to huge amount of encounter.