I hate AP exams....

Liz

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the LOATHE!!! I hate them too... which English are you taking? (Language or Lit)

i'm taking english literature....

and i really think this exam is a joke. they expect us to write an essay about a novel in under 45 minutes, when it probably took MONTHS for the author to write the novel in the first place.

i don't like them, but i take the exam anyways because like that i don't have to take english courses in college

modern analytical essays are a joke. You basically fill the entire thing with relevant quote and BS the thing, and you're guaranteed an 'A.' you actually try to analyze, and they think you don't have a clue what the prompt is.

If you do what the system wants, quotes and quotes, you can easily interpret a novel in less than an hour.

This reminds me, college finals are right around the corner... and a summer vacation :D

modern analytical essays are a joke. You basically fill the entire thing with relevant quote and BS the thing, and you're guaranteed an 'A.' you actually try to analyze, and they think you don't have a clue what the prompt is.

If you do what the system wants, quotes and quotes, you can easily interpret a novel in less than an hour.

This reminds me, college finals are right around the corner... and a summer vacation :D

i've also found a correlation between long essays with complicated vocabulary and high scores.

basically, you are deserving of an high score if you write a lot of complicated words in your essay.

i hate the system

Actually, I had this teacher for English during my fall freshman year, the quote would be more like this:

You basically fill the entire thing with relevant quote and BS the thing, and you're guaranteed a 'C.'

To get an A, you have to analyze the story so hard that it becomes a totally different story. The average grade was C+/B-. A 'B' takes a miracle. An 'A' means you have mastered the English language in all areas.

She was extremely hard, but she was extrememly nice and cool with all her sex jokes....

._.

Where can I meet this teacher?

In 10 years, go to an insane assilum in San Francisco, and look for the old female teacher yelling at the top of her lungs and spitting out sex jokes.

You basically fill the entire thing with relevant quote and BS the thing, and you're guaranteed a 'C.'

To get an A, you have to analyze the story so hard that it becomes a totally different story. The average grade was C+/B-. A 'B' takes a miracle. An 'A' means you have mastered the English language in all areas.

By BS, I mean BS the thing relative to the context of the quotes. As it's analyzing, you just take quotes and make heads-and-tails of what the meaning is. If interpretive, you could pretty much destroy the original meaning altogether, as long as your interpretations were all logical and followed in succession--no contradictions or radically different ideas without a cause.

That would be the definition of analyzing "the story so hard that it becomes a totally different story." I could give two examples, if you're actually interested :x

AP exams? Damn, you guys make me feel dumb. And why is it that so many girls are good at English whereas guys are good at History? I sense a pattern.

dude i totally hear you. I'm the same way...

yeah they should've talked about strategy. I could as least think of FE characters to match some of them and make it more interesting

That would be the definition of analyzing "the story so hard that it becomes a totally different story." I could give two examples, if you're actually interested :x

It's okay. I've had enough English scarred into my memory for the moment...

AP exams? Damn, you guys make me feel dumb. And why is it that so many girls are good at English whereas guys are good at History? I sense a pattern.

That's why they call it history and not herstory.