S Rank Bond Rings with abilities

Barren

Aside from Olwen’s S Rank ring granting Dire Thunder, what other S rank bond rings has anyone came across and thought was good? Or did one in particular disappointed you?

I liked the Claude S rank ring granting you Wind God.

Whilst I haven't gotten it, I like the Deirdre bond ring giving Renewal. Makes it so that Framme and Jean don't have to get healed by someone else after every chain guard.

Edelgard's (Flickering Flower, prevents movement of enemy on attack) is handy when you don't have enough emblems to deploy.

Lissa (Healtouch, +5 to heals) is OK on a healer, again if no other emblem is available.

And the FEH rings are not bad in the early game, so you might as well use them then.

Well, all I have is Chrom, Lissa, and Ryoma. Rightful King is an bit of an waste. Healtouch is kind of situational, but useful. As for Bushido, well at least it's kind of relevant to the main story.

Edited by Armchair General

Alfonse's Bond Ring is a lot of fun.

Had it glued to Alear for a while, which combos with their passive to grant +5 Atk to allies rather than just +3, which is really satisfying.

My Alear sure is doing what happens to my Eliwood or Roy though, in that getting XP on them is becoming a struggle, lol.

Also made a chart to get an idea of what Bond Rings I want to go for, with their numbered position for the purposes of save-scumming the Gacha:

2094341309_BondRings2.thumb.png.c89138b68e9cd3925e824aa08cbec313.png

Most look pretty fun to play around with, and even with several being a fairly minor or niche effect, most deployed characters aren't running an Emblem ring for a good chunk of the game, so it's one of these or some w/e +stats rings for the purposes of SP.

Do wish these weren't such an unholy mess to acquire though.

What is the drop rate for S rings, 1%?

A lot of these effects are nice to have, but frustrating to go out of the way for.

Alm's is pretty hilarious though.

A Dex% chance to accomplish what the Break mechanic ultimately does.

But only for the user, and it doesn't extend the broken status to allies, because it's Dex% enemy can't counter.

And because it's Dex% it's never worth counting on.

Also it's Player-Phase only and only works with Swords, lol.

What a terrible ring.

2 hours ago, 67chrome said:

Also made a chart to get an idea of what Bond Rings I want to go for, with their numbered position for the purposes of save-scumming the Gacha:

Ooh, this chart is so pretty! Mine is just a messy list of numbers xD Thank you so much for sharing this!

It's so weird that there are no S Rank Rings in the 8th slot but so many in the 1st...

The ones that I've picked up are Mia, Elincia, and Caeda.

Mia has Shove, which only works when you have a higher build than the unit you're shoving. I can imagine circumstances where this might be useful for an LTC or similar highly optimised play, but in regular play it's pretty worthless. It might come up occasionally, but it's not something to go out of your way for. My biggest annoyance here is that they put this skill on Mia of all people, who weighs next to nothing. Such a weird and non-flavourful choice.

Elincia has Mercy. Unlike Mia, this is absolutely great in terms of flavour. Unfortunately, it's pretty much unusable in most circumstances. It's potentially useful if you're looking to train up a low level unit by feeding them kills, but in terms of actually beating a map, it's actively worse to have this than to have nothing.

Caeda has Sympathetic, which makes the wearer take 5 less damage on enemy phase if they're already below half health. Sort of like a mini version of Ike's resolve skill. And that's pretty good. Not as good as Ike, clearly, but there's only one Ike and you don't get him until the mid-game. One thing that I never tested but am curious about now: the skill is worded as damage reduction rather than an increase to def/res, so I wonder if it will even negate damage from things like poison that apply after the might-def calculation.

38 minutes ago, lenticular said:

Caeda has Sympathetic, which makes the wearer take 5 less damage on enemy phase if they're already below half health. Sort of like a mini version of Ike's resolve skill. And that's pretty good. Not as good as Ike, clearly, but there's only one Ike and you don't get him until the mid-game.

In a similar vein, Finn (Leif #1) gives Miracle which could be a good fit for Seadall or any other passive unit since it'd be easier to get than Roy's Hold Out.

You could also give him Hold Out+++, Canter+ and use the Deirdre (Renewal) Ring, but the former skill is pretty expensive.