Before they’re revealed, what do you think Chrom & Veronica’s skillset are?

Viberum

Quick! Before the twitter announces their skills! I want to speculate what they might be, for fun lol.

Chrom I believe will have the Rapier(lol), the Blessed Lance, and the Exalted Falchion. Definitely a lance weapon cus of his Great Lord class, and it’ll be magic-based. Although, since Robin is also included in Robin’s emblem, I’m tempted to include one tome at least to reference him, but I’m not sure if their emblem will act like the Azure Twins or the 3 Houses Trio.

Chrom will probably grant a boost in str, dex(cus he’s prolly a sniper in apotheosis lol), and spd.

As for Chrom’s skillset, he’ll definitely have Rightful King, which will probably make him best suited for the nobles to help proc their skills. He will probably have Sword Guard and dex/spd+5, both are skills not in the game yet (last I checked) and dlc emblems have a running trend to include these types of skills lol.

Chrom’s Engage Skill we have seen a glimpse! Robin “enchants” your sword with thunder, which you’ll then strike the enemy. This makes me think it’ll act like Ignis. One fun ability I thought for Chrom would be the ability to “seperate” from the emblem-bearer and act as a seperate unit for a 3/4 turns. In exchange, you can not use the engage skill. I view it as a different, more flexible version of Azure Twins “Day and Night” skill lol.

As for Veronica, I have no idea!! Her engage skill is definitely summoning someone to attack, and the type of stone used will definitely affect what weapon type unit you want. Since we saw that Veronica can summon Emblem Ike, I believe she can be the “copycat” Emblem, in that she’ll summon any emblem and use their abilities for one turn. To make this OP, she can summon a different hero every turn she’s engaged, which will overwrite the previous hero. So you can potentially have two Ike’s in one turn, then two Corrin’s in another lol.

We only have a few days before the truth comes out, but it’s fun speculating lol. What do you think they might have?

First off, thank you so much for this thread! I love this kind of speculation!

1 minute ago, Viberum said:

Chrom I believe will have the Rapier(lol), the Blessed Lance, and the Exalted Falchion. Definitely a lance weapon cus of his Great Lord class, and it’ll be magic-based. Although, since Robin is also included in Robin’s emblem, I’m tempted to include one tome at least to reference him, but I’m not sure if their emblem will act like the Azure Twins or the 3 Houses Trio.

I thought it'd be Gradvius actually: it's the only Regalia not yet in Engage. As for Robin's level of inclusion, considering Chrom was the only one shown in the "summoning" clip and Robin's in the Engage attack, I assume he's going the Ephraim route. I hope he's in the Paralogue cutscenes at least (maybe even a brief appearance in the Wave 4 story) though.

3 minutes ago, Viberum said:

As for Chrom’s skillset, he’ll definitely have Rightful King

The thing is that his Bond Ring version has Rightful King so he may have something else. Soren for example had Wind Adept as a Bond Ring and Flare as a Bracelet. I think you're right about him having Sword Guard though, we don't have that yet.

4 minutes ago, Viberum said:

One fun ability I thought for Chrom would be the ability to “seperate” from the emblem-bearer and act as a seperate unit for a 3/4 turns.

So the opposite of Pair Up? That's really cool!

5 minutes ago, Viberum said:

Since we saw that Veronica can summon Emblem Ike, I believe she can be the “copycat” Emblem, in that she’ll summon any emblem and use their abilities for one turn.

I thought it'd be more along the lines of her summoning an extra unit based on another Emblem that you could control (so a stronger, singular version of Lyn's clones) but copying an Emblem would be really cool too! I don't think we have a Magic Guard yet, so she could have that along with Spd/Mag perhaps.

As for weapons, I reckon Veronica could have all three of her FEH weapons, while Chrom has Falchion, Gradvius and... maybe a Rapier? That seems too similar to Lucina so perhaps he could have Levin Sword as an homage to Robin instead. What do you think?

2 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I thought it'd be Gradivus actually: it's the only Regalia not yet in Engage.

The thing is that his Bond Ring version has Rightful King so he may have something else. Soren for example had Wind Adept as a Bond Ring and Flare as a Bracelet. I think you're right about him having Sword Guard though, we don't have that yet.

Omg i forgot about Gradivus but you’re right that would make more sense! Marth has Mercurius, Lucina has Parthia, and Chrom would have Gradivus, and it’ll double exp!

I also forgot about Chrom’s Bond Ring xD.

9 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I thought it'd be more along the lines of her summoning an extra unit based on another Emblem that you could control (so a stronger, singular version of Lyn's clones) but copying an Emblem would be really cool too!

As for weapons, I reckon Veronica could have all three of her FEH weapons, while Chrom has Falchion, Gradvius and... maybe a Rapier? That seems too similar to Lucina so perhaps he could have Levin Sword as an homage to Robin instead. What do you think?

Veronica summoning an extra unit would certainly be very strong and worthy of being the last emblem in Engage. If she summons a new one every turn she’s engaged, there would be like three more units in your army temporarily. That would be a riot!

For Chrom:

Weapon wise, probably some rapier, I'm hoping Gradivus to complete the trinity (also to reference his lance access as a Great Lord) and of course Falchion. Based on the datamine, I don't think Chrom will have a lance and it seems like he's gonna have three swords but I'm gonna hope for Gradivus lol. Skill wise, we're definitely getting sword guard from him and probably Dex/Def (will explain later). As for unique mechanics, I do think he'll be an emblem like Eirika where you flip between him and Robin. I can see him having some kind of dual strike stuff like Lucina maybe. Possibly a dual strike skill that calcs damage normally rather than 10% HP, would be quite dangerous and fun to work with. Will def give Sword and Tome prof, maybe Lance if he has Gradivus. His engage attack will definitely be a sword attack followed by Robin using Thoron I imagine.

For Veronica:

She's gonna have her two tomes from her normal and legendary versions and her staff from her brave. Her staff will definitely be like Soren's staff in that it boosts stats/gives a buff rather than doing actual healing. The datamine does mention smth called 'Veronica's Axe' but idk. She does have an axe alt but that's a seasonal so??? As for skills, it will be Mag and Spd. Discounting Tiki who is unique, we have two Strs (Hector and Edie), two Res (Soren and Camilla), two Def (Hector and probs Chrom), two Dex (again probs Chrom and Edie) and then Veronica would make up to the two Mag (with Soren) and two Spd (with Camilla). The Spd and Dex could probably be swapped with Chrom and Veronica, but I think that's how the +stat skills will be distributed. I am curious about what guard skill she'll come with. There is still no knife or arts guard skill (since Tiki came with the useless Special Guard for some reason lol) and I can't see Veronica having either. They'll probably have her with some staff skill or a combo knive/arts guard maybe? Unique skills wise, I would love a summoning skill where you can actually use the summons. I'm not sure what else she could have. As for her engage attack, I think she'll be able to summon one of the emblems and mirror their engage attack which I think would be really cool.

30 minutes ago, Azz said:

For Chrom:

For Veronica:

I thought it could be taken for granted that mentioning the datamines defeated the purpose of a speculation thread, but it's nice to know that not even the leaks have the full story yet. Thanks for explaining the stat skill assignments too, I think you're onto something there!

As for Veronica's Axe, could you perhaps be thinking of "Camilla's Axe"? While she does have an Axe alt, it's shared with Xander who's the one who's actually associated with them.

25 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

I thought it could be taken for granted that mentioning the datamines defeated the purpose of a speculation thread, but it's nice to know that not even the leaks have the full story yet. Thanks for explaining the stat skill assignments too, I think you're onto something there!

As for Veronica's Axe, could you perhaps be thinking of "Camilla's Axe"? While she does have an Axe alt, it's shared with Xander who's the one who's actually associated with them.

No it's definitely an axe associated with Veronica. They don't actually have any names in the code, just the emblem name and what weapon type it is so it's not mixed up with the actual weapon that is Camilla's Axe. Also yeah, despite having stuff in the datamine, it doesn't actual reveal anything lol bar some hints as to what weapons they have/what their emblem attacks are listed as. Even then, nothing from the datamine pre-wave 2 lists the fact Hector has a sword bar a sound label associated with so it probably doesn't have everything like you said.

Interesting I didn’t even know there was a datamine yet. But anything can change! (hopefully lol) I’m hoping Chrom’s Engage skill allows lances so Sigurd’s Override won’t be the only one!

43 minutes ago, Viberum said:

Interesting I didn’t even know there was a datamine yet. But anything can change! (hopefully lol) I’m hoping Chrom’s Engage skill allows lances so Sigurd’s Override won’t be the only one!

There is no current datamine for the dlc. All the info (which is quite limited for the emblems especially) is all from pre-launch/launch so we actually don't know much bar a few things

Having Chrom come with Gradivus to complete the regalia trio would be fantastic- it's not something I'd thought of, but it's actually a really great idea. It also makes a nice pattern with him and the other Marth derivatives: Start with a rapier, get a regalia at bond level 10, and then a falchion at bond level 15. Rightful King, while it may already be a bond ring ability for him, would also be very fitting for an Engage skill, especially since it would synergize with the nobles and their proc skills (i.e it's most beneficial to the rightful kings).

As a general fan of mirror matches and ability copying, having Veronica "copy" other Emblems would be very interesting, though I'm not sure how it'd work mechanically. It could almost be a Xane-type ability, where you copy another emblem you already have on the field. Though, it might be a bit too similar to Xane and dissimilar to Veronica at that point. I don't know. I'm not intimately familiar with Heroes. Perhaps her ability to summon a hero could manifest as a special ability to "Engage" another unit with a summoned Emblem. For instance, giving a copy of the Ike emblem to an ally for a turn.

Chrom’s skills have been revealed! And they’re mostly different than what I speculated lol. Instead of a rapier, Chrom gets a Levin Sword as his first engage weapon! Interesting.

He also gets a sync skill where he disables enemy counter-attack if you are on a terrain that grants avoid? And when engaged, Robin will provide an additional chain attack.

All posted on the jp twitter just a few hours ago!

Since Chrom’s third weapon just has to be Exalted Falchion, there’s still hope for Gradivus/lance to be his second weapon. 

What threw me off the most is Chrom’s sync skill I never would have thought that kind of skill is for him lol

Edited by Viberum

I suppose Levin Sword makes sense as a way to include Robin in the emblem outside of him chain attacking while engaged. Nice they also didn't just slap a rapier on him. We already have three rapiers, not counting other emblems that give cavalry/armoured effective weapons, so it's nice to get smth different.

His sync skill will definitely be fun to try out. I imagine a combo of a Chrom unit and a covert unit with Corrin will be deadly in some situations. I imagine fliers won't get much use out of the skill however.

While it isn't a lot of damage, having a constant chain attack for 3/4 turns will certainly add up damage wise and I can imagine will help hitting certain thresholds. 

I also do wonder how their engage attack will be calculated since it is combing magic and sword. It could very well be really good or really bad depending.

Am excited to see what Veronica has tomorrow.

7 hours ago, Viberum said:

Chrom’s skills have been revealed!.... And when engaged, Robin will provide an additional chain attack.

Sooooo close, but still far off.

Not a big fan of combined emblem units. Likely they got lazy and didn't want make multiple. I would be okay with "just" Chrom. Same with the three houses leaders. But Camilla is solo. Strange decisions really.

Interesting that Veronica has a summoning deal.

My guess is she'll do the boss mechanic of Dark Emblems if that's the case, which would allow the devs to recycle content they're using and training the player to interact with already.

Also plays into Veronica's year-1 role as the primary antagonist in FEH, were she's summoning heroes and binding them in some dark contract to fight the player. Which is admittedly a pretty hand-wavy story element to justify a Gacha pitting all the new content against the player, but still.

No real idea for the rest of Veronica's kit though, she doesn't really have any signature mechanic in FEH. Her OG form is still (weirdly) not playable, and her main incarnation in her Brave alt is technically based on her brother Bruno.

So have they shown the finer points of the summoning? I hope its not something awful like “Stats of the emblem are based on the emblem’s bond with summoner” or “you can only summon emblems that aren’t synced or currently in battle”.

1 minute ago, ciphertul said:

So have they shown the finer points of the summoning? I hope its not something awful like “Stats of the emblem are based on the emblem’s bond with summoner” or “you can only summon emblems that aren’t synced or currently in battle”.

We probably wont know anything until the DLC actually drops later. Seadall is level 15 when he summons Marth who is level 17 and according to Vincent, has stats equivalent to what he has when fought in the arena, so I imagine the summoned emblems level will be equivalent to what point in the story you're in or may just grow with your unit that is summoning.

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

We probably wont know anything until the DLC actually drops later. Seadall is level 15 when he summons Marth who is level 17 and according to Vincent, has stats equivalent to what he has when fought in the arena, so I imagine the summoned emblems level will be equivalent to what point in the story you're in or may just grow with your unit that is summoning.

Doesn’t emblem strength in arena scale with highest bond?

Very interesting summon ability! Brave staff is also fun lol. My favorite thing is the contract ability and Reprisal! Boucheron and Panette will definitely love this.

39 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

So, if a Chrobin wielder chain attacks in someone else's combat, would Robin also chain attack?

Been wondering the same thing. If only Chrobin's wielder got the extra Chain Attack while Engaged, it'd be like a weaker version of Marth's Divine Speed. Now, if it worked how you're thinking and Chrobin happened to be paired with a Hero, that'd be 3 Chain Attacks coming from one unit.