Special Heroes: Spring Eternal

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We finally got a non-green colored bow cavalier!

Also, could they just ... put regular Ashe in the game already. He has nice fodder though. Sure wish they'd put more atk/spd catch 3 on non-limited units!

Demoted Ashe! He's my only missing core student, so I'm glad to finally have an easier way to get him. And of course Michalis is welcome. I don't think Bernie or Karla needed this, but it's nice to see Triandra finally getting a proper seasonal, and Freyja on a Harmonic is fine.

Bernie's unit type is of course very welcome, although I'm not going seriously for her anytime soon. And she and Triandra have neat new tier-4 B skills.

EEEEEEEEEEEE! Spring Ashe! Cuteness overload! (Don't worry, you'll be dashing someday, but since you are in your academy appearance, you're cute!) And Bernadetta & Michalis (the prophecy has at last been fulfilled).

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, could they just ... put regular Ashe in the game already.

Please...He's my no. 1 most-wanted hero.

Edited by Morgan--Grandmaster

You know... I'm starting to realize I don't like Bernadetta that much. As a character I should say, given how obsessed she is with locking herself away...
Anyway, inflict even 1 HP of damage and she's golden. Also Escape Route 4. Don't think that was a skill anyone was clamoring for a Tier 4 of, but then neither were the Seal skills. It looks pretty good, won't lie.

Colorless Dancer! Now if only C Tome Valor existed...
Firestorm Dance looks good. Canto 1 and Desperation are both effects that offensive units like. Triandra also grants the [Foe Penalty Doubler] effect AND inflicts Panic on enemies? Dancers sure are getting deadlier without actually doing anything themselves.

Ashe's weapon is Remote Sparrow lite. That's pretty good for offensive dagger units.
...that's about all I have to say on the matter.

Karla/Freya invoke the deadliest aspect of Legendary Nanna by preventing the trigger of defensive specials, at least when her own special triggers. It's only once every odd-numbered turn, but unless the enemy is Chrom I don't think it'd be that hard to perform some annoying-for-the-computer hit and run tactics with her, especially considering she comes with Flow N Trace by default.

And then there was bunny Michalis as the TT/grail unit, probably because IntSys realized this is one dead horse they can't keep beating forever.

9 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

.......................lance flier without a prf

why do i even play this game

Clearly he shouldn't have been male, considering that Ashe is also a prf-less demote

Well, I guess we won't be seeing Ashe on the next TH New Heroes banner. If that means we get Felix there, then I'm all for it.

And now that it's official, Karla having two alts (and being a Harmonic lead over Freyja) + a Resplendent while Ayra still has jack shit is a complete meme. Unfortunately, it's not a very funny meme.

22 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Colorless Dancer! Now if only C Tome Valor existed...
Firestorm Dance looks good. Canto 1 and Desperation are both effects that offensive units like. Triandra also grants the [Foe Penalty Doubler] effect AND inflicts Panic on enemies?

And don't forget that her Prf dance also inflict stats-3 and Guard on foes.

She is full of effects.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, I guess we won't be seeing Ashe on the next TH New Heroes banner. If that means we get Felix there, then I'm all for it.

And now that it's official, Karla having two alts (and being a Harmonic lead over Freyja) + a Resplendent while Ayra still has jack shit is a complete meme. Unfortunately, it's not a very funny meme.

Gamefaqs thinks she's been blacklisted

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Clearly he shouldn't have been male, considering that Ashe is also a prf-less demote

The positive part about all this is that it will be easy to merge Michalis and I can save orbs for more Whitewing merges

The fodder on this banner isn't really too interesting aside from the Firestorm

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Gamefaqs thinks she's been blacklisted

IS really got the wrong conclusion from the Ayragate fallout, huh?

But nah, I don't think they hate Ayra. I think they just hate Jugdral (at least when it comes to allotting seasonal units).

This banner is really boring for me, the best I can say is that S!Karla gives me some hopes for B!Eirika's refine but that's about it. LOL at Triandra looking more like a Summer unit rather than Spring. 

Anyways, let's see what these guys bring to the table:

• S!Bernadetta's prf has Slaying, Spectrum+5, the Winter Bernie effect of chipping away 1 Hp if she's at full and a Clash-like effect where she debuffs her foe's Spd/Def and gets the Flow effect, dmg reduction and Null Guard if she moves 2 spaces (1 for the dmg reduction). Escape Route 4 is pretty nifty with it now bringing Canto 1, an Atk/Spd debuff for stat checks and having limited warping as long as the unit isn't at full HP. 
  • Totally not a Summer unit's Prf is self explanatory so I won't go over that. The new Dancer skill she brings is pretty nice as it gives Canto 1 and Desperation for the danced unit. 
  • Ashe is another source of Atk/Spd Catch 3 so that's nice. The inheritable is bleh and Michalis is 99% going to have an Atk/Def version of the weapon as a lance (which is a lot worse than Arcane Qiang). 
  • Spring Karla is the most interesting unit here. Prf has Slaying, Atk/Spd+6, Cd reduction every other turn and up to 60% Spd based true damage and if her special triggers during combat she gets the L!Nanna effect of cancelling any kind of Dmg reduction, including specials like Pavise or Godlike Reflexes. Harmonic button is the same as Spring Sonya's. Realistically the True Damage is going to be along the lines of 30 to 40% to let Karla spam specials as often as possible but she can be a really scary AoE nuker on SD even if she doesn't pierce Dmg reduction with an AoE special. 

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

IS really got the wrong conclusion from the Ayragate fallout, huh?

But nah, I don't think they hate Ayra. I think they just hate Jugdral (at least when it comes to allotting seasonal units).

I mean, we've obviously got no proof that's the case. But it would be hilarious (but not really) if Ayra was really blacklisted because IS don't wanna be reminded of their own mistake in how they introduced Ayra into the game and got the fanbase mad enough to cause distrust.

Honestly I'm more baffled about FUCKING KARLA getting a Harmonic lead and being more premium than Ashe, who may be male but I'm pretty sure he's scored higher than her in every CYL they've both been in? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)It's such a waste that dudes are banned from being Harmonic unless you're Xander or two related dudes who already know each other but happen to be from different games. So cheaty, so boring.

I have no issue with Harmonic Leif+Seliph and Harmonic Roy+Eliwood, but it is a bit more boring just because these guys already know each other. For once I'd love to have something totally off-the-walls and random like ... I don't know, Rath and Wolf. Or Reinhardt and Seth. Or something.

Bernadetta: Late Hibernator got Slaying, area-of-effect recoil damage, damage reduction, offensive half of Null Follow-Up, and offensive half of Tempo. With how stacked units are these days with effects, she feels more like a Sweeper that can safely chip away at buliy tanks than a wall breaker. Escape Route 4 is cool, but I think Desperation or Sweep is better.

Triandra: Sunlit Nightmare is pretty nice. She gives Penalty Doubler to target and allies, and inflicts stat debuffs, Guard, and Panic on foes. Firestorm Dance is really good, giving Desperation and Canto on top of buffs.

Karla: Spring Reveries got Odd Pulse Wave, true damage on Special triggers, percentage damage reduction nullification, and defensive Special nullification. Harmonized skill is Pulse. She definitely feels more like a wall breaker, but other than that, she is feels pretty tame compared to Nanna: Beloved Princess in my opinion.

21 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Honestly I'm more baffled about FUCKING KARLA getting a Harmonic lead and being more premium than Ashe, who may be male but I'm pretty sure he's scored higher than her in every CYL they've both been in? (Correct me if I'm wrong.)It's such a waste that dudes are banned from being Harmonic unless you're Xander or two related dudes who already know each other but happen to be from different games. So cheaty, so boring.

Ashe got 28th in CYL7 while Karla was 293rd. And for that matter, Freyja got 23rd in CYL7. The highest Karla has ever placed in CYL was 262nd in CYL2. Ashe has never placed below 30th in any CYL.

Karla is never going to be a thing no matter how hard IS tries. Even ignoring Ayra (just like IS, ayo), I don't understand why they keep pushing Karla over Marisa (who only has a shitty, about-to-be-four-years-old Spring alt) if they want a sexy sword lady to sell. 

Edited by Tybrosion

Nothing I can do about this banner with no spark, and likely a Rearmed New Hero and AHR coming up this month of which I intend to spark both. Still, general thoughts:

- The least-bad Bernadetta in FEH so far. Nothing to specifically seek out, but wouldn't be upset at getting her in a future double-special banner or as the annual freebie.

- Triandra seems to be par for a modern dancer but isn't super interesting.

- Atk/Spd Catch 3. He's going to be our only source of it this year, isn't he? Easier to obtain than Lyre at least.

- I used to really feel the lack of good axe cavalry. But there's been so many good ones over the past year - Gustav, Harmonic Roy, Summer Dimitri, Legendary Xander, that this doesn't feel so special anymore.

Edited by Humanoid

I find it funny that we were talking about Atk/Spd Catch 3 being stuck on a unit with unreliable availability in the general thread and then they give us yet another unit with Atk/Spd Catch 3 with unreliable availability. I want to know why they are so reluctant to give us Atk/Spd Catch 3 in the standard 4-star pool. I get that Catch is more in demand than Ideal, but it's not like we have any use for the tier-3 skill other than as a skill stepping stone.

Ashe's weapon is also really good, having Remote Sparrow's secondary effect on it, but active on both phases. I assume Michalis is going to have the same effect on his weapon, which is also pretty cool.

Karla is a stronger version of her Desert version and now tells fast Save tanks to fuck off by disabling both Hardy Fighter and Savvy Fighter builds. That's going to be annoying to deal with, though I'll probably just add Ninja Camilla to one of my teams someday if I start losing too many matches.

Given that I've been waiting for this banner's announcement before pulling for Robin, I'll probably divert some of my gacha funds over here instead since I'm really tempted to grab merges for both Triandra and Freyja. It also helps that I've barely touched my gacha funds this month.

Also, I find it funny that they're still censoring cleavage in their trailers, but only if more than half of it is visible.

And the usual translation notes:

The banner name, "Spring Eternal", is "春よ永遠に" (haru yo eien ni), "Spring, Forever".

Bernadetta's epithet, "Late Hibernator", is "冬眠暁を覚えず" (tōmin akatsuki o oboezu), "Hibernation Knows No Dawn". This is a play on words of an idiom, "春眠暁を覚えず" (shunmin akatsuki o oboezu), "sleeping in the springtime, unaware of the dawn", referring to sleeping in late during the springtime due to the warmth after the end of winter. Bernadetta's epithet replaces "春" (shun), "spring", with "冬" (), "winter", which causes "春眠" (shunmin), "sleeping in the springtime", to become "冬眠" (tōmin), "hibernation".

Bow of Repose is "うたた寝の春の弓" (utatane no haru no yumi), "Bow of Springtime Snoozing".

Escape Route is "離脱の行路" (ridatsu no yukimichi), "Escape Route".

Triandra's epithet, "Sunlit Nightmare", is "陽光の悪夢" (yōkō no akumu), "Sunlit Nightmare".

Nightmare's Egg is "春に微睡む悪夢の卵" (haru ni madoromu akumu no tamago), "Egg of a Spring Dozing's Nightmare".

Firestorm Dance is "業火疾風の舞い" (gōka shippū no mai), "Hellfire/Gale Dance". The Dance skills use the same stat-indicator flavor text as the Balm skills.

Ashe's epithet, "Budding Chivalry", is "春色の騎士道" (haru-iro no kishidō), "Spring-Colored Chivalry".

Bunny's Egg is "白兎の卵" (shiro-usagi no tamago), "White Rabbit Egg". The rabbit is white, not the egg.

Karla's epithet, "Spring Reveries", is "気高き春の夢" (kedakaki haru no yume), "Noble Spring Dream".

Sisterly War Axe is "想い宿す妹達の重斧" (omoi-yadosu imōto-tachi no jūfu), "Heavy Axe of Emotion-Harboring Younger Sisters".

Michalis's epithet, "Fruiting Ambition", is "野望の春祭り" (yabō no haru-matsuri), "Spring Festival of Ambition".

Hare's Lance is "黒兎の槍" (kuro-usagi no yari), "Black Rabbit Lance". The rabbit is black, not the lance.

EDIT: Wow, the Tempest Trials announcement is already up.

Michalis's weapon grants Atk/Def instead of Atk/Spd and has 40% damage reduction instead of 30%. He also has Iote's Shield in case you needed more copies of it for some reason.

The Sacred Seals are Spd/Def Ideal at 10k points and Atk/Spd Oath at 20k points.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Sacred Seals are Spd/Def Ideal and Atk/Spd Oath. They're... okay I guess? I'd say give SDideal to a Galeforcer if this were 4 years ago and every other unit didn't have at least 2 ways to make sure they aren't OHKOed. ASoath just... looks so pathetic when ASoath4 exists and is the best skill in the entire game.

Michalis's weapon is actually an Atk/Def version of Ashe's weapon, except with a 40% damage reduction effect instead of 30%. His skills are Iotes Shield and Atk/Spd Snag.

Edited by Xenomata

Maybe IS felt really really bad about making Karla such a joke in FE7. I can't think of any other reason why she gets the super premium reason every other time. Fe7 is kinda limited in who gets to be a seasonal and its odd how Karla got to go twice. Even if she has a 'claim' to this banner.

book 3 oc's don't really do it for me and Bernadetta isn't my favorite three houses character either.

So its hopefully a easy Ashe pull and saving orbs afterwards.

vkfltysyuwla1.png

He looks great and I want to +10 him, but he will be very, very expensive to build. Especially as I was pondering using my grails on Effie and/or Lumera. With only 4800 on hand, Effie + Michalis is not currently affordable, though maybe if I leave them both at +9 with the hope of them appearing as Ephemera manuals. (Lumera is more a pragmatic choice but I care nothing for her as a character or unit)

Well, actually on reflection, while expensive it's actually relatively efficient. The Zeke manual seems like it'd be an excellent pick here. Just need to pull another Alfred somehow, and add Galeforce probably?

Arcane Qiang
Galeforce
Atk/Def Catch
Flow N Trace
Def/Res Menace

Anyone who's surprised by Michalis, raise your hand now......Didn't think so. Otherwise I'm thoroughly unexcited about this banner, especially Karla getting a second alt for some reason, but she's a Harmonic and principle demands that I try to pull her anyway.

What I really don't understand is what IS is doing with their weapon choices for Harmonic Heroes. Karla and Freyja will be the 4th axe cavalry among them whilst we still have a total of literally 2 blue Harmonics. On a broader note 8/18 of the Harmonics are going to be green compared to 4 red, 2 blue, and 4 grey.

To an extent I think it makes sense that Harmonics (and seasonal units in general) should avoid oversaturated classes like Lance Cavalry. Axe Cavalry seems to just be the default fallback because it's the only uncommon melee cavalry type, but why limit themselves to melee? Or even if sticking with melee, just swap Freyja to be the lead unit and we could have any beast cavalry colour.